SexLab Romance Including Source - Updated 19th Aug 2014

Are you using Fuz Ro D-oh? Do you have dialogue text lines enabled in the game settings?

Ah, figured it was something quite obvious I was overlooking.  I've been away from Skyrim for about ~6 months or so, only recently getting back into it, was pleased to see the SexLab stuff that had been developed in the meantime (I believe the most comprehensive mods at the time when I took a break to play some other games was MiniLovers and AP.)

And now that it's been mentioned, I recall hearing about Fuz Ro D-oh, so I'll grab that and turn on subtitles (duh :dodgy: ) tonight when I give it another spin.

Thanks again for the mod!  Saved me a crap ton of work relearning the Creation Kit's dialog structure and scripting to make it myself!

well it might doesn't conflict with AFT since other mod follower not flagged as housecarl runs fine (yes everything is fine, dialogue from AFT and WL comes out fine), only those who flagged as housecarl is.

this might not be completely related to AFT at all, other mods that give more dialogue option and mod follower flagged as housecarl might also give this problem

I use AFT and it has been working well with all the sex mods so far, Still got to test sexlab/romance more, since I downloaded them today, but so-far so-good.

well it might doesn't conflict with AFT since other mod follower not flagged as housecarl runs fine (yes everything is fine, dialogue from AFT and WL comes out fine), only those who flagged as housecarl is.

this might not be completely related to AFT at all, other mods that give more dialogue option and mod follower flagged as housecarl might also give this problem

I use AFT and it has been working well with all the sex mods so far, Still got to test sexlab/romance more, since I downloaded them today, but so-far so-good.

thank you for the information, i can firmly believe now that it is a problem from follower mods with the followers flagged as housecarl, really hope for a fix for this (if this really is the case)

i got a problem with some mod followers flagged as housecarl, they don't have dialog to initiate sex, it works normally for vanilla housecarl follower though

i installed other mods that also includes extra dialogue option btw (such as AFT, Wearable Lantern)

Sounds like it's a conflict with whatever mod has added the extra Housecarls. My guess is that they aren't in the PlayerHousecarlFaction for some reason. Let me know which mod it is and I will take a look.

Ok is there any reason I should use this instead of SexIS with Lovers Comfort? What are the trade offs?

Sexis has some severe issues with not cleaning up NPCs properly after a sex animation plays out, due to it never coming out of alpha stage. When I played with the sexis version of Lover's Comfort, around half the time when I broke into people's houses and watched them in bed to learn new animation, they got bugged and just stayed standing on the bed and would never move again even if I travelled far and wide and weeks ingame passed. This sort of thing never happened to me with Sexlab mods. So the main "selling point" of Sexlab is that it's creator is not MIA, and actively works on fixing any issues. It's already far more stable and supports really great features like threesomes.

Besides that, SexLab Romance and Lover's Comfort serve different functions. Lover's comfort lets you only have sex with your spouse and followers, and you can only do so on beds, or alternatively it lets you get raped (also on beds). SexLab Romance lets you have sex with nearly any NPC through dialogue, and they agreeing or disagreeing depends on many factors such as friendship, speechcraft etc.

Personally I use SexLab Romance for most sex stuff, but I also use the testing SexLab version of Lover's Comfort for the arousal system, and also because walking into a house at night and seeing NPC couples actually having sex, well that oddly adds immersion.

Lover's Comfort will have a SexLab version as well sometime, it's in the works according to Redneck2x.

Thanks! I really like the arousal system of lovers comfort... I think I'll wait for the sexlab version before I upgrade.

Ok so I believe the Lovers Comfort Sexlab version is out! Do you know if lovers comfort and romance are compatible? Cause I love the arousal and immersion... but... three ways... I want.

really want to know the answer for the above post too, will it work with lovers comfort?

i got a problem with some mod followers flagged as housecarl, they don't have dialog to initiate sex, it works normally for vanilla housecarl follower though

i installed other mods that also includes extra dialogue option btw (such as AFT, Wearable Lantern)

Sounds like it's a conflict with whatever mod has added the extra Housecarls. My guess is that they aren't in the PlayerHousecarlFaction for some reason. Let me know which mod it is and I will take a look.

if that is the case, shouldn't it be better if i report to the author of that extra housecarl mod? the problem is i don't know where this extra housecarl came from, too many extra follower mod on my mod, thanks

Stormsone - some of you ideas are already 'in the works' with regards to wooing, side quests to go and fetch the NPC something or some other task are easy enough, gift giving is a possibility too (with different gifts being appropriate for different NPC's) but I need to spend some time in game analysing existing in game dialogue first, to see if there are enough clues in the way NPC's talk to allow the player to pick up on the NPC's personality, my guess is there isn't unfortunately. Going for a walk or taking the NPC for dinner are interesting idea's that I hadn't though of before and could definitely be worth investigating further. Telling jokes or poetry I'm not so sure about, poetry has some interesting possibilities in that I could add a number of poetry books into the game as 'loot', and once a player finds them he can then recite that poetry to a potential lover when romancing them. I could even maybe add recipies into the game so that you can cook a romantic meal for them and give it them in an attempt to woo them.

Thanks for replying to my post. This is just my opinion but there is going to be plenty of mods that people can use if they just want instant sex and not so many that add roleplay/immersion type content that makes that sex animation more well fun. So making it to easy to figure out how to woo an npc might not be as satisfying in the long run. The poetry book idea made me think of the game books already in game and that maybe they would make a decent gift option for the intellectual type personality.

thank you for the information, i can firmly believe now that it is a problem from follower mods with the followers flagged as housecarl, really hope for a fix for this (if this really is the case)

It might be worth loading a follower mod in the CK and comparing an errant follower to one of the vanilla followers. I went and changed all the male housecarls to females, but the important thing there was for the dialogue, I had to select the right voice to get the housecarl dialogue.

Re: Lovers Comfort:

You can use both Romance and Lovers Comfort together, the only issues are that if you use Lovers Comfort (actually Lovers Hook) feature of restricting sexual positions to ones you have learned you may not get the sex that you ask for. So if for example you have learn't no positions and ask for Oral sex via Romance then you will just end up having sex in the missionary position, because that is the only sexual position you know. It doesn't impact threesomes in any way, as you know them by default.

really want to know the answer for the above post too, will it work with lovers comfort?

if that is the case, shouldn't it be better if i report to the author of that extra housecarl mod? the problem is i don't know where this extra housecarl came from, too many extra follower mod on my mod, thanks

That is only my guess as to what the problem is, hence my asking what mod it was so that I could check. It may be something else entirely, though I am not sure what else it could be.

If you make other npcs approaching for sex, can you make it only if you wear a special item( a whore amulet or something like that?)

More likely I would just let players toggle this option on and off in the MCM menu.

Just an idea/suggestion (i.e. feel free to dismiss ofc) - The character being approached could be very low percentage at first and go up in time if the character accepts the advancements, and gets a reputation (which could also be reflected in the dialogue).

Spaceman, Tonight I started tinkering with a, hrm, let's call it a SexLab Submit (WIP) mod, using the concept of a very old and outdated mod, "Mercy" (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11932/), as a way to initiate conversations with someone you've beat down in combat, so that you can basically force yourself on them via a dialog option and not have to rely on an equipped "Rape Spell", ala MiniLovers and such.  I don't change the NPC's faction to PlayerFaction or whatever Mercy did, I just get them to drop combat enough so that you can initiate dialog.

Technically, I've succeeded in that much, because on the test bandit or two that I've beat down, it let me initiate dialog, and as it stands, your SexLab Romance tree pops up, and I can then go with that.  But, being all coy and flirty with some random dirty bandit lady that I just smacked around and am planning on further sullying just seems a bit... silly? :P So, I wanted to add a short dialog tree that leads into the rough sex animations.

Problem is, I don't really know how to tie in dialog with initiating the actual sex scenes, in particular how to limit the pool of appropriate ones.  (i.e. soft, tender lovemaking isn't really appropriate here! :P)  So, since you basically have already released a working SexLab based dialog initiated sex mod, I figured I would study yours and reverse engineer it if necessary to figure how to go about doing this part of it.

I figured your dialog option of 'I want to treat you like a dirty slut' would be the closest to the animation pool I would be wanting, so I examined that, and one thing in particular stood out.  When I click on the Topic Info for one of the corresponding responses, I see the script name 'sdsRomanceRoughFemTar' referenced, but it seems only the compiled script was bundled with the mod, not the source.

Is this script part of what sets up the animation that would soon follow this dialog section?  If it is, do you think it would be possible for you to make available the source code for 'sdsRomanceRoughFemTar'?  If not, could you point me in the direction of what sets up selecting the animation pool and gets it to start? 

Thanks!

Re: Lovers Comfort:

You can use both Romance and Lovers Comfort together, the only issues are that if you use Lovers Comfort (actually Lovers Hook) feature of restricting sexual positions to ones you have learned you may not get the sex that you ask for. So if for example you have learn't no positions and ask for Oral sex via Romance then you will just end up having sex in the missionary position, because that is the only sexual position you know. It doesn't impact threesomes in any way, as you know them by default.

Hi

They work together, only issue i have is that the arousal level generated by lovers comfort wont decrese after having sex with an NPC via the romance dialouge.

Is anyone else having this issue?

dkatryl, the source scripts for Romance aren't included in the download package, mainly because I keep changing them as I try new things and forgot to keep a copy of the released source!!! If you have a look at SexChat that is in effect a much simpler version of Romance in that it starts sex via dialogue also, but without a lot of the other things that Romance does, the source scripts are included with SexChat though.

With regards to selecting animations, have a look at http://git.loverslab.com/sexlab/wikis/function-getanimationsbytag

dkatryl, the source scripts for Romance aren't included in the download package, mainly because I keep changing them as I try new things and forgot to keep a copy of the released source!!! If you have a look at SexChat that is in effect a much simpler version of Romance in that it starts sex via dialogue also, but without a lot of the other things that Romance does, the source scripts are included with SexChat though.

With regards to selecting animations, have a look at http://git.loverslab.com/sexlab/wikis/function-getanimationsbytag

Awesome, thanks!  Will look at SexChat tonight after work.

And thanks for pointing out the animation selection reference.  No sense trying to re-invent the wheel, after all! :)