SexLab Romance Including Source - Updated 19th Aug 2014

Spaceman any way to add this to followers of custom races? Do i need to add them to a faction or something?

At the moment the mod only works with playable races which is also probably why it doesn't work for Grimbold the unlovely and Iona.

...  would it be possible for a mod to allowed end user to add their own dialogue to conversation trees? Sans creation kit. Would be interesting to see how other players decide to setup conversations, whether they'd be active or passive voice, aggressive or submissive, blunt or coy, direct or subtle.  

It's possible to change the dialogue for any mod, that is how people are doing alternate language versions of the mod. Not sure which tools they use to do so though.

Thanks for replying to my post. This is just my opinion but there is going to be plenty of mods that people can use if they just want instant sex and not so many that add roleplay/immersion type content that makes that sex animation more well fun. So making it to easy to figure out how to woo an npc might not be as satisfying in the long run. The poetry book idea made me think of the game books already in game and that maybe they would make a decent gift option for the intellectual type personality.

They could indeed, the trick is working out a consistent way to identify an NPC as having an intellectual type personality using existing stats within the game ideally. Indeed this is an issue I am having with the whole wooing section of this mod. Ideally I want different NPC's to respond differently to gifts, and to value certain gifts over others, and ideally for that to make sense in the game (so for example Ysolda's idea of a perfect gift should be different to Aela's). The trick is finding the right combination of stats for this to seem realistic.

Actually the Ysolda / Aela comparison is pretty simple to solve, as NPC's have built in classes and Ysolda and Aela have different ones. Solving it for someone like Ysolda and Elisif the Fair is a better example, as they are both classed as citizens, but it seems obvious to me that they shouldn't both be equally impressed by the same gifts due to their completely different stations. The trick is emulating that in a realistic way though.

Couldn't you look through their factions and pick out specific words like "Jarl" and "Job", maybe use the rank in some sort of way, to determine a characters social class?

To an extent yes, indeed I already use various jobfactions in that initial chatup attempt calculation. I suspect that I will have to make do with a combination of factors, such as certain job factions use X set of rules, and if NPC's aren't in one of those jobs then they use Y set of rules. Ideally though I wanted something less obvious than that. Using jobjarlfaction for example ties all jarls into the same group and makes them all like the same gifts equally. It just doesn't feel very satisfying as a solution for something as intimate as romancing them. But that may prove to be a limitation of any gift giving scenario.

Oh, and yes - I realise I am being incredibly anal about the whole gift/wooing part of this mod, I just really want it to feel like you have had to work for someone's affection rather than them just giving it away easily.

I understand, you're not being anal. Maybe some others factors are needed, like:

same sex might or might not be appealing.

building up a reputation as a great lover.

being good with their kids.

wealth and fame/infamy.

Edit:

Forgot an important one: If they're married or not, whether happily or not. Same goes for the player character, some might not want the gossip or similar.

Oh, and yes - I realise I am being incredibly anal about the whole gift/wooing part of this mod, I just really want it to feel like you have had to work for someone's affection rather than them just giving it away easily.

You're detailed and it's what makes your mod awesome. For your gift dilemma, why not take a leaf from your sexuality solution. Use the in game factors such as job, wealth etc to assign NPCs a rank. Each rank has a group of gifts from which they are randomly assigned one or two as favourites. PCs have to try and figure them out or perhaps the NPCs can drop a hint. Lots of dialogue to program though.

Another suggestion if I may. Perhaps NPCs can auto approach the PC every so often and proposition them with dialogue based on the PCs reputation. Thank you for your work. It's excellent.

Re: Lovers Comfort:

You can use both Romance and Lovers Comfort together, the only issues are that if you use Lovers Comfort (actually Lovers Hook) feature of restricting sexual positions to ones you have learned you may not get the sex that you ask for. So if for example you have learn't no positions and ask for Oral sex via Romance then you will just end up having sex in the missionary position, because that is the only sexual position you know. It doesn't impact threesomes in any way, as you know them by default.

Hi

They work together, only issue i have is that the arousal level generated by lovers comfort wont decrese after having sex with an NPC via the romance dialouge.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Anything further on this or is it down for LC's author to deal with?

This is what is making your mod great though, the fact that you are putting so much time and attention into making sure that the mod is as realistic as possible so that the PC feels as though they are interacting with characters that feel as real as possible.

Hi all,

I'm just downloaded the mod and tried but... animation never trigger!!!

All the dialogue part work correctly, but when animation should start nothing happen... to be honest this happen also with lover's confort, what colud be the problem?

Hi all,

All the dialogue part work correctly, but when animation should start nothing happen... to be honest this happen also with lover's confort, what colud be the problem?

Did you run the FNIS generator for users after installation?

Hi all,

When you say nothing happened what do you mean? Did the characters just stand there doing nothing while the sound played but you couldn't move, or was there just no sex and you were free to move around?

If it's the first then FNIS is the problem as stated, if it's the latter then I would guess that SexLab isn't installed correctly. Does Lover Comfort work in so far as you see NPC's make love, or do they just stand around on the beds?

Hi all,

When you say nothing happened what do you mean? Did the characters just stand there doing nothing while the sound played but you couldn't move, or was there just no sex and you were free to move around?

If it's the first then FNIS is the problem as stated, if it's the latter then I would guess that SexLab isn't installed correctly. Does Lover Comfort work in so far as you see NPC's make love, or do they just stand around on the beds?

It's the second case, in fact I noticed that also the matchmaker doesn't work at all... I'll try to reinstall the base framework and then I'll let you know.

Thank for your answer ;)

This is sort of irrelevant but I had to share:

My female character managed to seduce Ulfberth War-Bear despite him being married, and took him into the back room of Warmaiden's.

The very second that the deed is done, and they both stand back up he says - "We have big weapons as well as small."

Classic!

This is sort of irrelevant but I had to share:

My female character managed to seduce Ulfberth War-Bear despite him being married, and took him into the back room of Warmaiden's.

The very second that the deed is done, and they both stand back up he says - "We have big weapons as well as small."

Classic!

Haha! That's War-Bear for you...

My marauder, Hvilja Fire-Crown, seduced Alvor's widow today.

Alvor had the misfortune of being 'recruited' into my little band of adventurers... but I forgot to set him to protected or essential. So unless I raise him as a zombie (thank you, Corpse Preparation), he's dead-dead. As much as Hvilja's not the sort to settle down, she sees a certain amount of logic in becoming Riverwood's blacksmith. She's a pretty competent smith... and with 'Your Market Stall', she can actually do the job pretty well!

A legitimate profit during the between-adventure times? Great!

A wife and a kid and a lifetime of being a confused little girl's "Other Mother"? Heh...

... she might go back up North and take her chances with that 2080 gold bounty for butchering the town of Karthwasten.

Instigated a threesome between two male NPCs with a female PC.  What resulted was the PC doing animations somewhat correctly with the second male NPC, while the first was many feet away.  It also spawned two NPCs around my PC, and at the end of the sex sequence, the game crashed.

i have update sexlab, and your mod is no longer support :( no more dialog option....you need update it ....or..maybe its my fault, but i have follow everything instruction good like always ^^

somebody else have same problem or its just me ?

i have update sexlab, and your mod is no longer support :( no more dialog option....you need update it ....or..maybe its my fault, but i have follow everything instruction good like always ^^

Weird, I also updated sexlab to version 1.01 and the dialogue options are still there, same goes for the working girl dialogue options.

Did you clear your animations, saved your game and loaded that save?

Weird, I also updated sexlab to version 1.01 and the dialogue options are still there, same goes for the working girl dialogue options.

Did you clear your animations, saved your game and loaded that save?

no just overwise the all files and fnis behavior thing and start an new game , voila ! all good, work perfect , just no dialog option from this mod ..O_O