I've been building myself hacks to look for little problems in my mod configuration.

Today I unexpectedly found that FusionGirl's bodyslide configuration declares that some gloves exist (in SliderGroups) but doesn't have SliderSets for them:

FG - Vanilla Armored Coat Gloves
FG - Vanilla BoS Filed Scribe Gloves
FG - Vanilla BoS Knight Underarmor Gloves
FG - Vanilla Caits Gloves
FG - Vanilla DC Guard Gloves
FG - Vanilla Desdemona Gloves
FG - Vanilla Grognak Gloves
FG - Vanilla Institute Worksuit Gloves
FG - Vanilla Kellog Gloves
FG - Vanilla Piper Gloves
FG - Vanilla Preston Gloves
FG - Vanilla Raider 01 Gloves
FG - Vanilla Raider 03 Gloves
FG - Vanilla Residents 5 Gloves
FG - Vanilla Silver Shroud Gloves
FG - Vanilla Sturges Gloves
FG - Vanilla Wastelander 1 Gloves
FG - Vanilla Wedding Ring
FG - Far Harbor Trapper Hunter Gloves
FG - Nuka World Disciples Underarmor Gloves A
FG - Nuka World Disciples Underarmor Gloves B
FG - Nuka World Disciples Underarmor Gloves C
FG - Nuka World Oswald Gloves

(I only manually double checked one of these, but this looks like a problem in FG rather than a defect in my testing hack. Of course, please let me know if it turns out I'm full of it.)

2 hours ago, sen4mi said:

I've been building myself hacks to look for little problems in my mod configuration.

Today I unexpectedly found that FusionGirl's bodyslide configuration declares that some gloves exist (in SliderGroups) but doesn't have SliderSets for them:

FG - Vanilla Armored Coat Gloves
FG - Vanilla BoS Filed Scribe Gloves
FG - Vanilla BoS Knight Underarmor Gloves
FG - Vanilla Caits Gloves
FG - Vanilla DC Guard Gloves
FG - Vanilla Desdemona Gloves
FG - Vanilla Grognak Gloves
FG - Vanilla Institute Worksuit Gloves
FG - Vanilla Kellog Gloves
FG - Vanilla Piper Gloves
FG - Vanilla Preston Gloves
FG - Vanilla Raider 01 Gloves
FG - Vanilla Raider 03 Gloves
FG - Vanilla Residents 5 Gloves
FG - Vanilla Silver Shroud Gloves
FG - Vanilla Sturges Gloves
FG - Vanilla Wastelander 1 Gloves
FG - Vanilla Wedding Ring
FG - Far Harbor Trapper Hunter Gloves
FG - Nuka World Disciples Underarmor Gloves A
FG - Nuka World Disciples Underarmor Gloves B
FG - Nuka World Disciples Underarmor Gloves C
FG - Nuka World Oswald Gloves

(I only manually double checked one of these, but this looks like a problem in FG rather than a defect in my testing hack. Of course, please let me know if it turns out I'm full of it.)

I'm not quite sure why they're in the slidergroup, but there are separate glove meshes provided in the mod and those get used by the game automatically with their corresponding outfits. I don't think they have to be built in BodySlide since hands aren't subject to body presets or morphs.

18 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

I'm not quite sure why they're in the slidergroup, but there are separate glove meshes provided in the mod and those get used by the game automatically with their corresponding outfits. I don't think they have to be built in BodySlide since hands aren't subject to body presets or morphs.

That makes sense.

In a other thread I have described a clothing problem with the children on the Prydwen.

image.png.66c28ecfbfdcdec8ee88601c75c8b420.png

Now I remember that the kids were still clothed when I used CBBE. I don't know if this has something to do with my switch to FG. But the time frame is about right.
Does anyone have an idea or is there a mod that doesn't let the kiddies walk around in just their underpants?

2 hours ago, deathmorph said:

In a other thread I have described a clothing problem with the children on the Prydwen.

Now I remember that the kids were still clothed when I used CBBE. I don't know if this has something to do with my switch to FG. But the time frame is about right.
Does anyone have an idea or is there a mod that doesn't let the kiddies walk around in just their underpants?

I've definitely not observed that, but I also run with a bunch of children-augmenting mods which I suppose could be counter-acting some bug with clothing:

• Better Children Face Mesh and Presets for CPC
  • Child Outfits Vanilla Standalone
  • Children Extended - Separated Meshes and Textures for Each Gender and Race
  • Diverse Children
  • Elderly and Children Exclusive Vanilla Animations
  • Merged Child Mods With Extras
  • No AWKCR and AE for Child Outfits Vanilla and Conversions Standalone
  • Orphans of the Commonwealth - More Children - Orphans for Workshop Framework
  • Raider Children and Other Horrors of the Commonwealth
  • Raider Children and Other Horrors of the Commonwealth Replacer - Big Al and Serum Changes
  • Slightly Less Hostile Raider Children - Mostly Aggro Radius
  • Mortal Youths

Anyway, not sure what's causing the problem you're seeing, but some of those (particularly the clothing ones) might help.

10 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Anyway, not sure what's causing the problem you're seeing, but some of those (particularly the clothing ones) might help.

Thanks for the tips, I'll check out the kid's clothing mods next time I visit the Prydwen.

The only thing that made me suspicious was that only the children on the Prydwen were affected, not the ones in DC or the ghoul child from the fridge.

3 hours ago, deathmorph said:

Thanks for the tips, I'll check out the kid's clothing mods next time I visit the Prydwen.

The only thing that made me suspicious was that only the children on the Prydwen were affected, not the ones in DC or the ghoul child from the fridge.

Oh, interesting, I missed that detail. It does sound like something's affected the child BoS outfits. If you can figure out which Armor records those are, maybe see if you have any mods altering them by opening your full set of enabled plugins in FO4Edit. Could be something's inadvertently overridden them to not be usable by children.

Hi i have problem with Engineer outfit from vanilla game... when equipped everything is fine except of fingers, they are twisted and do not act properly, like they were made of stone
pic 1
pic 2
i ve heard that vanilla outfit conversion are still in progress but on fusion girl site i saw that fusion girl is fully completed...
should i contact with some dev to show that bug or is it problem with outfit on my side
if somebody would try to chek this outfit on his save and tell me if its working fine i would be thankfull

Edited by call_me_chanka

Does anyone know whether its a known issue for some of the vanilla DLC clothing? Ran into an issue with Mags Black, doesn't look like the operator suit bodyslide is working? I saw someone comment on this way back but wasn't sure if it was still a unresolved issue?

On 3/24/2023 at 11:52 AM, call_me_chanka said:

Hi i have problem with Engineer outfit from vanilla game... when equipped everything is fine except of fingers, they are twisted and do not act properly, like they were made of stone
pic 1
pic 2
i ve heard that vanilla outfit conversion are still in progress but on fusion girl site i saw that fusion girl is fully completed...
should i contact with some dev to show that bug or is it problem with outfit on my side
if somebody would try to chek this outfit on his save and tell me if its working fine i would be thankfull

I've also noticed some crooked fingers on some of the vanilla outfits, I'll have to find the names of the ones I saw.

Just now, CloudLambda said:

I've also noticed some crooked fingers on some of the vanilla outfits, I'll have to find the names of the ones I saw.

oh that would be neat! if i had a list of official outifts with broken conversions then i would risk asking SynthOverboss dev  about updating those conversions
i pray he will not ignore me

On 3/8/2023 at 8:49 PM, vaultbait said:

How did you install it? The FOMOD installer menu should prompt to ask whether you want to install bodyslide files for the body and (separately) for the outfit replacers.

Pardon for a long absence. I've managed to get the mod working, though, I'm not pretty sure how to get other female bodies look... normal. My character's body working, though, I cannot say the same on the NPC's bodies: their preset seems to be at zeroes, and gravity "pushes" some body parts to the ground.  

18 minutes ago, IpsumDLC said:

Pardon for a long absence. I've managed to get the mod working, though, I'm not pretty sure how to get other female bodies look... normal. My character's body working, though, I cannot say the same on the NPC's bodies: their preset seems to be at zeroes,

What preset did you build everything with? If it was the ZeroSliders preset, then that's to be expected unless you install LooksMenu and ZBG and enable the accompanying BodyGen configuration for FG.

18 minutes ago, IpsumDLC said:

and gravity "pushes" some body parts to the ground.  

That's usually a combination of using body physics and having performance issues which impact your framerate. Bethesda tied physics to the framerate, so things like gravity can end up severely miscalculated if you can't maintain a stable rendering framerate. I sometimes see the "granny boobs" effect I think you're describing if I'm in performance-impacting areas like downtown Boston or around Diamond City/Fens.

On 3/29/2023 at 9:38 PM, vaultbait said:

What preset did you build everything with? If it was the ZeroSliders preset, then that's to be expected unless you install LooksMenu and ZBG and enable the accompanying BodyGen configuration for FG.

That's usually a combination of using body physics and having performance issues which impact your framerate. Bethesda tied physics to the framerate, so things like gravity can end up severely miscalculated if you can't maintain a stable rendering framerate. I sometimes see the "granny boobs" effect I think you're describing if I'm in performance-impacting areas like downtown Boston or around Diamond City/Fens.

Ah, I see. Well, I need to explain step by step. 
- I built all the bodies with Zero Preset
- I didn't know about BodyGen, therefore I need to reed more about it and get used to it
Well, speaking of framerate, I did really noticed the physics behavior. Then, I can say for sure,  the granny boobs is just a normal thing if you take to account that my PC body works as intended, and the other female NPCs have a basic Zero Slide body preset instead; of course, I've tested on Piper and I discovered that she also had a Zero Body until I set her my preset via Looks Menu. 
As I understand, I need to implement BodyGen into my build? 
I attached two pics. The NPC bodies are at Zero Preset. 

Fallout4 3_31_2023 7_18_37 PM.png

Fallout4 3_31_2023 7_18_10 PM.png

3 hours ago, IpsumDLC said:

Ah, I see. Well, I need to explain step by step. 
- I built all the bodies with Zero Preset
- I didn't know about BodyGen, therefore I need to reed more about it and get used to it
Well, speaking of framerate, I did really noticed the physics behavior. Then, I can say for sure,  the granny boobs is just a normal thing if you take to account that my PC body works as intended, and the other female NPCs have a basic Zero Slide body preset instead; of course, I've tested on Piper and I discovered that she also had a Zero Body until I set her my preset via Looks Menu. 
As I understand, I need to implement BodyGen into my build? 
I attached two pics. The NPC bodies are at Zero Preset. 

I'm still not entirely clear on what your expectations are. You say you built the bodies in BodySlide using a Zero Sliders preset, but are then surprised when all NPCs in the game appear to have that preset's proportions.

Fallout 4 doesn't really do much to vary the shapes of NPCs (it performs a bit of variation in the body shape "triangle" but that's it, and to me it's basically unnoticeable). If you want NPCs in your game to have random body shapes, then BodyGen (a feature of LooksMenu) is the usual way to get that.

ZBG is what provides LooksMenu (and so BodyGen) support for the Fusion Girl and BodyTalk body replacers. If you want to be able to alter your body shape in-game with LooksMenu's body sliders, you'll need ZBG installed. ZBG comes with some example BodyGen configuration files, which you can disable or edit however you like. If you want to learn more about configuring BodyGen, see the LooksMenu mod page on Nexus.

19 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

I'm still not entirely clear on what your expectations are. You say you built the bodies in BodySlide using a Zero Sliders preset, but are then surprised when all NPCs in the game appear to have that preset's proportions.

Fallout 4 doesn't really do much to vary the shapes of NPCs (it performs a bit of variation in the body shape "triangle" but that's it, and to me it's basically unnoticeable). If you want NPCs in your game to have random body shapes, then BodyGen (a feature of LooksMenu) is the usual way to get that.

ZBG is what provides LooksMenu (and so BodyGen) support for the Fusion Girl and BodyTalk body replacers. If you want to be able to alter your body shape in-game with LooksMenu's body sliders, you'll need ZBG installed. ZBG comes with some example BodyGen configuration files, which you can disable or edit however you like. If you want to learn more about configuring BodyGen, see the LooksMenu mod page on Nexus.

I see. OK then, time for some reading. Thanks for guide!

On 3/14/2023 at 3:58 PM, vaultbait said:

Those are effect shaders, I think? Are you seeing the problem on nude bodies or on clothing or both? High-poly clothing items are, as I understand it, incapable of having shaders rendered on them, so if that's what's going on then I think it's a known issue. Otherwise, more information would be useful. I definitely see blood splatter, bloatfly spew, and similar on my FG skin and clothing.

On both. I've since learned this is a vanilla bug and the issue only occurs after reloading from a save. On initial game load it all works fine on bodies and clothing. I haven't found a fix anywhere for it yet so I just avoid reloading from a save without reloading the whole game, as a work around.

1 minute ago, destrux said:

On both. I've since learned this is a vanilla bug and the issue only occurs after reloading from a save. On initial game load it all works fine on bodies and clothing. I haven't found a fix anywhere for it yet so I just avoid reloading from a save without reloading the whole game, as a work around.

Yeah, there are a number of similar bugs where things disappear if you reload a save. The most obvious one is if you trigger a mine or trap and then reload a save from before that happened, they'll still be triggered/gone but exiting the game completely and starting it up again returns them to the world. I've also seen terrain decals, loose items, and even (in rare cases) NPCs disappear on reloading from a save.

On 3/31/2023 at 10:47 PM, vaultbait said:

Hello! After learning about BodyGen and further reading the manual, everything started working like clockwork. The only pity is that after a pause in modding, everything was not immediately obvious to me. Thank you very much for your help.

On 3/24/2023 at 9:58 PM, Nichoice said:

Does anyone know whether its a known issue for some of the vanilla DLC clothing? Ran into an issue with Mags Black, doesn't look like the operator suit bodyslide is working? I saw someone comment on this way back but wasn't sure if it was still a unresolved issue?

It's a problem with the right arm armor Mags is wearing. The armor has the FusionGirl shape embedded without it being set as a reference. I removed the FusionGirl shape from the output and redid the sliders using Fusion Girl 1.89.

Use the attached file to fix the BodySlide input. Load it after Fusion Girl and rebuild "FG - Nuka World Operators Light Right Arm - B" in BodySlide.

BodySlide Fixes - FG - Nuka World Operators Light Right Arm - B.zip

3 hours ago, infomaniac50 said:

It's a problem with the right arm armor Mags is wearing. The armor has the FusionGirl shape embedded without it being set as a reference. I removed the FusionGirl shape from the output and redid the sliders using Fusion Girl 1.89.

Use the attached file to fix the BodySlide input. Load it after Fusion Girl and rebuild "FG - Nuka World Operators Light Right Arm - B" in BodySlide.

BodySlide Fixes - FG - Nuka World Operators Light Right Arm - B.zip 65.04 kB · 0 downloads

Yea I figured that out too after I "re-did" the conversion myself cause I saw the same problem on another NPC but thanks for that! 

12 hours ago, infomaniac50 said:

The armor has the FusionGirl shape embedded without it being set as a reference.

I've made the same accident plenty of times. You get into a rhythm doing conversions and forget to delete the reference mesh before saving the outfit. Especially easy if you've forgotten that you hid the rendered body mesh while checking something.

12 hours ago, infomaniac50 said:

redid the sliders using Fusion Girl 1.89.

Note that this isn't supposed to be necessary if the conversion was done for 1.75 or later. Was there a specific reason, like did you see something visually not right with the sliders?