3 hours ago, deathmorph said:

I use 2. Glorious Female Nude mod and 2k Sweet Face Texture (face only). With it I have little or no color differences or seams with HFR.

Yeah, about that. This is my character's neck with the same setup (Sweet Face, GFN body). Like I said, I think it's something other than the raw texture files, but idk what else it could be. The ones in the previous screenshots were using Ruby Skin and "non-realistic skin" respectively IIRC.

ScreenShot5.png

Edited by MisoHappe
15 minutes ago, MisoHappe said:

Yeah, about that. This is my character's neck with the same setup (Sweet Face, GFN body). Like I said, I think it's something other than the raw texture files, but idk what else it could be. The ones in the previous screenshots were using Ruby Skin and "non-realistic skin" respectively IIRC.

Part of the underlying problem is that the game engine lights face and body meshes separately each with their own system, so your lighting mods and adjustments will play a part in how close of  a match you can obtain, but also what may look perfect in one location could show an unsightly neck seam as soon as the character moves somewhere else with different lighting conditions.

5 hours ago, MisoHappe said:

Another one of those guys here. Using fusion girl (obviously) along with hi poly head redux and 2k natural faces. I have tried 4 different skin textures, including ones stating specific compatibility with said mods, to no avail in getting rid of this neck seam. I tried the neck seam overlay in LM and have it set to the second texture option for the neck (light rash or something like that) too, not sure if there is any other things I can do to try to remedy it. Suggestions would be appreciated.

I suppose I should also mention that I made sure nothing was overwriting the any of the textures I installed, so I don't think it can be chalked up to a mod priority issue. There some sort of shader setting that could be affecting this? That said I don't have any enb's installed, so idk how it would have been messed up.

20230204162538_1.jpg

ScreenShot2.png

Try this  HiPoly Faces REDUX (Seamless Kit - CBBE - TWB - FG) at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

I use it with Cridowskin  Cridowskin - 4K Near Seamless Skinset for CBBE - Freckles Makeup and More at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

Don't forget the FG patch here on loverslab  

The only downside is when the patch is applied (in the Extras tab in Looksmenu) some of the tattoos from this pack  

are covered up. But only the ones that are applied to the neck region.

Otherwise the result is perfectly seamless. 

Edited by nIn nIn nIn
3 hours ago, nIn nIn nIn said:

I guess it's a little hard to put together on account of being on 2 different pages, but I am already using hipoly redux. That said, funny you mention it, cridowskin, with fg patch, was the first skin texture I tried. Admittedly, it didn't have the neck seam issue, but...

So, I actually started with Cridowskin, with FG patch. It didn't have the neck seam issue but as you can see I was about to complain: when I first used it the textures on the body looked bad. Don't know how to describe it besides looking like irl stretch marks where the boobs met the torso. That said, when I re-enabled Cridowskin to get screenshots, the issue was no more. So, I found my solution I guess. Only complaint I have now is I think I liked Unreal Skin's face texture I little better, made the makeup and freckles pop a bit more, I'll have to mess with looksmenu again.

Spoiler

ScreenShot6.png.110e1cdcf8bf0c50b5c3e93355361d75.png

Edited by MisoHappe
21 hours ago, nIn nIn nIn said:

Try this  HiPoly Faces REDUX (Seamless Kit - CBBE - TWB - FG) at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

I use it with Cridowskin  Cridowskin - 4K Near Seamless Skinset for CBBE - Freckles Makeup and More at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

Don't forget the FG patch here on loverslab  

The only downside is when the patch is applied (in the Extras tab in Looksmenu) some of the tattoos from this pack  

are covered up. But only the ones that are applied to the neck region.

Otherwise the result is perfectly seamless. 

Was this with my updated patch (v3 Cridowskin) or my original patch? I ask as the new Cridowskin includes the highpoly neck seamless patch, so I might need to confirm I didn't include that layer in the patch file.

On 2/7/2023 at 9:07 AM, kesryth said:

Was this with my updated patch (v3 Cridowskin) or my original patch? I ask as the new Cridowskin includes the highpoly neck seamless patch, so I might need to confirm I didn't include that layer in the patch file.

I haven't upgraded to v3 yet. Leaving well enough alone while it's all working perfectly for me.

On 11/6/2022 at 3:02 PM, vaultbait said:

AAF makes the player invisible and spawns a body double for animations involving the player, since the original actor is tied to the camera. Because the actor isn't actually the player, it has a different ID, so BodyGen doesn't know they should look the same.

The fix is pretty simple, add a line like this in an appropriate morphs.ini:

AAF.esm|72e2=My-Custom-Template

Do you also know an option for Heather? I just saw that she is pregnant, but the animation uses a double here as well. Heather doesn't use the default body but uses her own FG body. I could "set it up" at the beginning of the game with Bodyslide.

15 hours ago, deathmorph said:

Do you also know an option for Heather? I just saw that she is pregnant, but the animation uses a double here as well. Heather doesn't use the default body but uses her own FG body. I could "set it up" at the beginning of the game with Bodyslide.

Your problem is subtly different, I expect. AAF only ever uses a body double for the player (because the camera is tied to the actual player), for NPCs the original reference is used in animations.

Can you elaborate on what you're trying to do, what steps you took, what you expected the result to be, and what occurred instead? I'm having trouble reading between the lines.

10 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Can you elaborate on what you're trying to do, what steps you took, what you expected the result to be, and what occurred instead? I'm having trouble reading between the lines.

I am sorry that my description was inaccurate. Sometimes I forget that other people are not in my game and thoughts.

I've had this problem before with my actress getting her body swapped during AAF's sex animation. To prevent this, you gave me the following tip:

Spoiler

image.png.72208ecab6f4cdea7c4b0f49a9de29fb.png

However, I now have the same problem with Heather. Heather doesn't use the actress' body like all the other companions. The actress' body is filed here:

image.png.c914bc4197e855bb2554a6d4f71c66dd.png

Heather's body, on the other hand, is here:

image.png.e5125d7a59b9d3d005a51f07725a7b6f.png

Heather is pregnant, which you can now clearly see. However, in the animation, AAF switches to a body double who is not pregnant.
AAF.esm|72e2=My-Costum-Template unfortunately only works with the actress, not Heather. That's why I'm asking if you know of a solution for Heather that prevents the use of the double by AAF for Heather.

Spoiler

image.png.0574237185ba1c4f97b2382db83c19e3.pngimage.png.f3aa94fc1ee0d1d06ccd64b06a9916c5.png

Edited by deathmorph
4 hours ago, deathmorph said:

I now have the same problem with Heather. Heather doesn't use the actress' body like all the other companions.

It seems odd to me that an NPC's body morphs would for an animation, even if they have a unique body compared to other NPCs. Does it happen for every animation or just specific ones? All the time, or at random? Are you using any mods which might try to apply morphs to NPCs during an AAF scene, for example something to do with cumflation? Older versions of LooksMenu (including the 1.6.18 recommended by The Fucking Manual) have a bug where it fails to choose correctly among competing keyword morphs applied by different mods, fixed in the latest version by always rendering the highest slider value among morphs for the same slider. Could that be your issue?

4 hours ago, deathmorph said:

AAF switches to a body double who is not pregnant.

One way to rule this theory out is to go into the console while the animation is playing and click on the Heather you see there. Check whether her refID is the same as when you click on Heather outside an animation. I don't use any companions with custom bodies, so I can't say for sure it's unrelated, but with what I know about how AAF animates NPCs it seems unlikely to me. Hopefully someone else in here is more familiar with the symptom you're seeing.

Edited by vaultbait

learning a lot here, I know you're frustrated but it's helping everyone who's bothering to pay attention. Q: how is your physics? What I mean is, is the collision detection happening based on the doppelganger characterassets overall skinnier build, or your unique preggo's tri? Does double Heather clip into/ get clipped into instead of displacing bouncy bits?

I'm not frustrated, if I expect a smooth gameplay then I shouldn't be playing FO4. And with a lot of help and patience from the boardies, I too have learned a lot here. But I also know my limits.
I don't exactly know what you mean. Heather 1 disappears from the animation and is replaced by Heather 2. Since there is no clipping, no overlapping or the like. When putting on the clothes "after" you can see that the exchange goes backwards, even without overlaps.

Can you please explain to me in more detail what you're getting at?

On 2/9/2023 at 2:32 PM, vaultbait said:

Check whether her refID is the same as when you click on Heather outside an animation.

The same ID. Is that good or bad now?

Spoiler

image.png.a578262c1419b9670940596c9a0dd1ce.pngimage.png.00b9b405655ac9fc840d520a86040ec3.png

After the animation you see her briefly naked without morph, then suddenly with morph.

Edited by deathmorph
18 hours ago, deathmorph said:

The same ID. Is that good or bad now?

Well, it rules out your earlier theory that AAF is replacing Heather the way it replaces the player with a body double in animations. So now the question remains what causes Heather's morphs to change or disappear during animations, sounds like something is directly altering the morphs on that actor while an animation is playing, but what? Mods which adjust animations on the fly (for example to add a "cumflation" effect to the belly) would be my first guess for a culprit.

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Well, it rules out your earlier theory that AAF is replacing Heather the way it replaces the player with a body double in animations. So now the question remains what causes Heather's morphs to change or disappear during animations, sounds like something is directly altering the morphs on that actor while an animation is playing, but what? Mods which adjust animations on the fly (for example to add a "cumflation" effect to the belly) would be my first guess for a culprit.

OK, difficult. I also thought cumflation only affected the player character. If I think of the adjustment to SA, then it would also be too early, since the effect there only occurs in the 5th month.

I have one more request regarding the player character. I noticed that the body is swapped again there, although I followed your advice and put the morphs.ini file with the entry in the Bodygen\AAF.esm folder. It worked, but now it doesn't.

image.png.066b2d90b5b12016d29b0b510493128d.png

Spoiler

image.png.26359669e3e42e0d6f86ea9d028a9ef1.png

Is there another solution for this?

PS: although I don't see any physical differences between the original and the double at the moment. I don't see that until a morph or pregnancy.
Or have I fundamentally misunderstood something and the entry in the morphs.ini causes something else?

Edited by deathmorph
57 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

I have one more request regarding the player character. I noticed that the body is swapped again there, although I followed your advice and put the morphs.ini file with the entry in the Bodygen\AAF.esm folder. It worked, but now it doesn't.

Is it happening only at new game start, or randomly partway into an AAF scene? If the latter, maybe you're using the SPID-based version of Random Overlay Framework? If that's the case, try my suggested fix (hopefully the author will incorporate into a future version).

55 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Is it happening only at new game start, or randomly partway into an AAF scene? If the latter, maybe you're using the SPID-based version of Random Overlay Framework? If that's the case, try my suggested fix (hopefully the author will incorporate into a future version).

I haven't been able to determine when exactly the change will take place due to the similarity between the doppelgangers. But: I use Random Overlay Framework from Nexus. I looked at your tip, I have a file INVB_OverlayFramework_DISTR.ini. So I'm assuming it's the SPID version. I've now added ",-AAF_doppelganger" to the entry.
Does that really mean "doppelganger"? Or has my translation program, which I sometimes use, played a trick on me?

30 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

I haven't been able to determine when exactly the change will take place due to the similarity between the doppelgangers. But: I use Random Overlay Framework from Nexus. I looked at your tip, I have a file INVB_OverlayFramework_DISTR.ini. So I'm assuming it's the SPID version. I've now added ",-AAF_doppelganger" to the entry.

Yes, the newer versions of ROF use SPID (SPell Perk Item Distributor) to apply overlays (and more besides).

30 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

Does that really mean "doppelganger"? Or has my translation program, which I sometimes use, played a trick on me?

Yes, it's actually what the Actor form in AAF's plugin is called, Deutsche for a malevolent lookalike (technically missing an umlaut over the "a"), it literally translates to English as "double walker" or maybe "double goer."