Is Oblivion worth returning to?

Hi all, sorry if this is a stupid question but I wanted the opinion of the experts here as I play Oblivion and Skyrim as H games. Over the years I've played both of them extensively but as I change HDD's to SSD's and so forth, I've probably played through both games 3 times as H games since 2017. Are either of them worth returning to in terms of new content? Is Oblivion still getting new H mods at all, or is it more or less the same as it was 5 years ago? 

Thanks friends!

Skyrim more so than Oblivion. Oblivion is a nice game, still worth another playthrough, but not so much as an H game. Skyrim SE gets more new content than LE, though there's an ocean of mods for both. Since 2017 NSFW modding in Skyrim has become a bit more convenient. Some of the older mods and frameworks were patched, animations were packed and are now easier to find, and there are plenty of new ones. LL modding community hasn't gone into hibernation. And that's just the adult stuff, I wouldn't know where to begin with Nexus mods.

One should always take this to heart.  Which would you prefer to play?  Halo 2 or Halo 4.  Which would you prefer?  The iPhone 8 or iPhone X?  It always falls that one would always suggest the newest project.  And you would have new developers flock to the newest system while older developers are prodded in that direction.  What will happen when Elder Scrolls 6 comes out?  Skyrim will assuredly be abandoned. 

I should point out that there may be gems out there, or even in here, that may not have been seen.  Only this past week did I give a member a link to a mod within this very forum that was apparently unseen since its 2013 appearance.  And that is old content.  Technically, I am revisiting some of the old content and updating a bit here and there myself.

Both Oblivion and Skyrim are very boring games in their own right and curves in mechanics.

If you want adventure and challenge - play the Dark Souls series.

If you want hentai content, it's best to find hentai games.

39 minutes ago, TDA said:

Both Oblivion and Skyrim are very boring games in their own right and curves in mechanics.

If you want adventure and challenge - play the Dark Souls series.

If you want hentai content, it's best to find hentai games.

You play morrowind?

:tounge_xd:   Daggerfall had the best built-in cheat....   Start up and join the Mages guild to get a knock spell in Daggerfall.  Buy a cart (obviously not a horse as that's a waste).  Then at night, use knock to enter the weapon store and clear it out (into the cart).  If the entire contents was cleared, exit and return.... the store is immediately restocked.  Rinse and Repeat.  In a game week's time, I bought one of the big houses.  I always hit the Weapons shop just East North-East of the Fighters' Guild. Mwahahaha!!! (Evil laugh) :wacko:

Now Morrowind had some entertaining content.  Obviously the Better Bodies.  But someone had fun with Vampires with "Vampire Embrace" where you could seduce NPCs into becoming thralls, or convert them into Vampire companions.  And blood IS the life, so drinking blood did heal you.  Also, whatever vampire infected you would make you part of his/her clan (Audnae, Berne, Quarra). But you could 'DRAIN' an enemy vamp and force it into your own!  Then there was scripted spells for it (ie bat form, mist form, etc).  And then, there's  'The Underground" a vampire mod that starts off in a vampire bar...

Those were the tame ones...

Edited by LongDukDong

Personally in this type of questions one should ask itself what game i enjoy so much?,
Oblivion as a H- modded Playthrough is like funny and unsatisfiying sometimes the same happens in Skyrim,
Oblivion has Plunders and Bravil Undergrounds that lets you to be a slaver and profit of making a rather chaotic but interesting Tyranny(don't know how to spell it).
(i forget that Tamago & Hiyoko exists and it does well at giving us a more father/mother like playthrough) 
Skyrim in the other hand profits itself with the milkslaves, defeat and other mods and it's very hateable vanilla child system (i do not play modded Skyrim so i dont know much about it's mods but it has a tons of mods to combine)

So lemme ask you which game do you enjoy more?

sincerely vanilla Oblivion and Skyrim are boring by itselves, and the mods were make to do what those games didn't: enjoy a really silly but good time

Well, Obvivion has other Hentai Quest mods out there: LoversCrowningIsles, LoversGGBlackmail, PlayerSlaveEncounters, LoversBitch, DarkBloodline... being some main ones, with the author of PSE still suggesting updates at some time. And those are just a few here.

One thing I wonder... will someone make a new QUEST?

I was toying in my mind  (Heir of the Dragon)...  just a silly idea of ... what would happen if you got knocked up by Martin (or perhaps 'a' Septim).  Almost TERMINATOR in idea, having the Brotherhood coming after your ass... dealing with the Empire...  etc.  Hella lot of content to consider though.

25 minutes ago, LongDukDong said:

what would happen if you got knocked up by Martin (or perhaps 'a' Septim).

truth is... the game was rigged from the start.  xD

Edited by Heinos
i wrote it incorrectly :P
  • 3 weeks later...

My personal take is this.

Oblivion was a better story and was, to me, more immersive. Skyrim had the better graphics but all Bethesda games are lackluster technologically. But they are most modded games.

So its difficult.

I am now at the point i can not see either of them playing again. Even with all the mods.
Though i consider a pimped up texture overhaul for oblivion myself without sexmods.

I made a similar experience with old games that i enjoyed playing when i was younger like Space Quest. Now it is actually hard to play them because of the graphics alone. Though in the pixelated original version they are quite fun.

I re-played FO3/NV once with mods installed and i did not enjoy it. Mechanics are clunky and everything seems something from the past.

I still wait for the overhaul for Morrowind. That could be fun. I never finished that game.

17 hours ago, wutpickel said:

I still wait for the overhaul for Morrowind. That could be fun. I never finished that game.

i played morrowind like for 5 hours, the game has good mechanics but to clunky and strange to my tastes, specially because of the map because is easy to get lost in morrowind and its base history questline :T

41 minutes ago, Heinos said:

i played morrowind like for 5 hours, the game has good mechanics but to clunky and strange to my tastes, specially because of the map because is easy to get lost in morrowind and its base history questline :T

The game did not age well. That happens with all Bethesda games. I would not even touch Fo3 anymore.

I think i can still play Oblivion but graphically, its not that pretty. I think even when they got released, they were not at the edge of what other games were offering. On the other hand, mods enhance the game in several ways.

I only remember that i loaded FNV this year and it looked really bad. I certainly could play it with sex mods.

I would add, that aging applies to all games regardless of manufacturer.  Would you consider that the original Doom aged well?  It's graphics were basically on par with Arena.  Or perhaps Dark Forces (a Star Wars first person shooter game) or Dark Forces II which had the graphics of perhaps Duke Nukem 3D, both of which would have some semblance to the graphic level of Morrowind.

The question is, would you be interested in the game (or games) for the gameplay, the story or game premise, and possible updates by modding communities?

As to Oblivion (alas the title of this thread), it was said to have an intriguing story arc and had probably the best Sheogorath Shrine Quest (in comparison to Skyrim's). And Morrowind was a game that abandoned most classic D&D tropes and made a unique environment, throwing you into an unusually rich story and a world pretty alien to earlier Elder Scrolls games.

Edited by LongDukDong

Shivering Island was great. I really loved that DLC.

Compared to today, the combat was not that great. But at the time i think it was a great game.

I think there was a quest in a city where you had to observe someone for days. In some respect i think the quests were better than of Skyrim.

Still, i would rather play it as it is than adding anything to it.

I have Morrowind. Bought it, re-bought it and now its laying there on my shelf.

I never finished the game. Today it looks so awful. Just the faces alone. Though people say that it is story rich and offer more than anything that came after.

In the end i think Oblivion is still a great game to play. Especially if you never played it. I do not have it anymore though.

In any cases the best is try every game without knowing it at first glance, that's when the real essence of the game exists,
and sadly when you finish it, it's probably when you feel like empty because you played it, finished it and don't know what to do, that happened to me with the Dark Souls Trilogy...

even there is some achievements i have to do to these 3 games.
even with mods sometimes i don't feel like to play these because i cannot find a new way to play it and that's the point we need to touch,
the elder scrolls has the same issue game after game and it'll be like that for a long time...

because those who played a similar game/title will feel like : oh that's like the previus game or oh it looks like this game, however that does not mean that they will stop playing it,

it's when you squeeze all the juice out of them when it beggins to feel boring and bothersome,

so for the best i would recommend to play it only one time, give it a try and find if it's worthy of more of my time... or that's what i would think, for now....

On 6/20/2021 at 6:12 PM, LongDukDong said:

One should always take this to heart.  Which would you prefer to play?  Halo 2 or Halo 4.  Which would you prefer?  The iPhone 8 or iPhone X?  It always falls that one would always suggest the newest project.  And you would have new developers flock to the newest system while older developers are prodded in that direction.  What will happen when Elder Scrolls 6 comes out?  Skyrim will assuredly be abandoned. 

You are far more optimistic about Elder Scrolls 6 than I am.

I personally expect Bethesda to pull a Fallout 76 on us, or some other tripe about "Games as a Service".

Starfield will be a good leading indicator.

• 1 month later...

Yes, it's still worth playing.  I love Skyrim it's my favorite TES game after Morrowind.  Recently I got a new computer and installed all three games.  I have two external HDD's filled with Skyrim, Oblivion, and Morrowind mods, and installing the Skyrim mods has been slow going.  But I do have Oblivion fully modded and what keeps me coming back are two things.  The Dark Brotherhood questline and The Shivering Isles Expansion Pack.  As for adult mods I use the mandatory Lovers mod, the DMRA body with animation packs such as BBB, and a ton of skimpy DMRA clothing.  I play male but I love to have a harem of sexy females around.  Especially when my character becomes the Mad God then I can add Saint's and Seducers to the mix.