I've been on a racing kick for a while (ironically the same series that kickstarted my eurobeat journey) with Initial D, which I recently finished. Damn good series, a shame with the abrupt loss of dubbing for Fifth and Final Stages, as well as the meh ending. Started up Wangan Midnight immediately afterwards, hoping to get some nice racing action out of that blue S30Z.

Other than that, admitted mecha fanatic, intending to go back to Gundam Seed Destiny at some point or another in a desperate attempt to finish the franchise up to at LEAST Orphans (while skipping AGE because I know it's garbage). Maybe swing back to watch the original 1970s incarnations of Combattler V and Mazinger Z before kickstarting back to the 2000s and watching the newer ones that I've missed (Majestic Prince, Fafner in the Azure, Daimidaler, etc.).

Out of Gundam, I must say, I loved Zeta, Wing, and Seed out of them all.

...yeah.

I've been on a racing kick for a while (ironically the same series that kickstarted my eurobeat journey) with Initial D, which I recently finished. Damn good series, a shame with the abrupt loss of dubbing for Fifth and Final Stages, as well as the meh ending. Started up Wangan Midnight immediately afterwards, hoping to get some nice racing action out of that blue S30Z.

Other than that, admitted mecha fanatic, intending to go back to Gundam Seed Destiny at some point or another in a desperate attempt to finish the franchise up to at LEAST Orphans (while skipping AGE because I know it's garbage). Maybe swing back to watch the original 1970s incarnations of Combattler V and Mazinger Z before kickstarting back to the 2000s and watching the newer ones that I've missed (Majestic Prince, Fafner in the Azure, Daimidaler, etc.).

...yeah.

If you're going for Destiny (Seed was alright but gets unfairly lumped in with it's sequel) either don't bother or ignore the story and just do what I did with it and watch it for the MS fights.

...yeah.

If you're going for Destiny (Seed was alright but gets unfairly lumped in with it's sequel) either don't bother or ignore the story and just do what I did with it and watch it for the MS fights.

Well stated sir, and note taken. I dig the Strike Freedom's design, it's really the director giving Kira more plot armor than he deserves the SECOND TIME AROUND that annoys me.

Seed was great, I have no idea why I liked it so much. It's a tad bit unfair how it gets attached to Destiny so much, especially when all everybody does is complain about the rival duel in the original.

So as the current season winds down I was wondering what people would put down for the following:

Favorite anime of the season.  Period.

Favorite non-sequel anime of the season.

Most disappointing anime of the season.

For me that goes Owarimonogatari, One Punch Man and by the slightest of margins Subete  ga F ni Naru.  Protip:  If I've mostly figured out your "plot twist" ~6 episodes before you reveal then, at the very least, you're probably not very good at writing suspense.  You may not be good at writing in general but at the very least you should probably find a genre to focus on other than suspense or mystery.

Favorite anime of the season.  Period. Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans

Favorite non-sequel anime of the season. Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans

Most disappointing anime of the season. Garo

Anyone know a good beginner friendly Gundam series? I'd like to get into it, since the figures are really neato to look at.

Generally people recommend watching the originals, but since Gundam isn't just one continuous time line (except for the originals and any set during the original's timeline) you can pretty much start anywhere just pick one that you think looks good, but if you want recommendations go for Wing, G, 00 and IBO.

Anyone know a good beginner friendly Gundam series? I'd like to get into it, since the figures are really neato to look at.

Generally people recommend watching the originals, but since Gundam isn't just one continuous time line (except for the originals and any set during the original's timeline) you can pretty much start anywhere just pick one that you think looks good, but if you want recommendations go for Wing, G, 00 and IBO.

Oh neat. Does that mean it's like, 1 season or something? I watch Super Sentai and it does that as well.

Oh neat. Does that mean it's like, 1 season or something? I watch Super Sentai and it does that as well.

Yes, although there are a few exceptions (the original series and its sequels as well as Seed Destiny and 00 season 2) you can just choose one and pick it up without knowing anything about the original.

Looks like Gakusen Toshi Asterisk and Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry are going to be two cour like Aldnoah Zero and Seraph of the end.

I'll also admit the end of Cavalry took me by surprised.

If they decide to continue with Cavalry, there's more asshole goodness from the Kurogane family.

Ikki's own elder brother tries to murder Ikki because he's smitten by Stella and thinks Ikki's not fit for the princess. You just have to love growing up in a screwed up family.

Looks like Gakusen Toshi Asterisk and Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry are going to be two cour like Aldnoah Zero and Seraph of the end.

For as similar as they are to one another I'm fine with both Gakusen and Rakudai getting another season.  At the very least I found both of those shows' characters to be a hell of a lot less irritating than those from Aldnoah Zero or Seraph of the End.

If they decide to continue with Cavalry, there's more asshole goodness from the Kurogane family.

Ikki's own elder brother tries to murder Ikki because he's smitten by Stella and thinks Ikki's not fit for the princess. You just have to love growing up in a screwed up family.

Some how that doesn't surprise Me in the least. Families that have long traditions and expect their members to follow them tend to be the most screwed up especially when it comes to members of the famly that don't or can't follow those traditions

For as similar as they are to one another I'm fine with both Gakusen and Rakudai getting another season.  At the very least I found both of those shows' characters to be a hell of a lot less irritating than those from Aldnoah Zero or Seraph of the End.

Yep. They were not my favorite shows of the season but they were good enough that I'd watch another season without having to debate with myself about it.

Yep. They were not my favorite shows of the season but they were good enough that I'd watch another season without having to debate with myself about it.

Indeed Gakusen and Rakudai where decent enough action adventure fluff.  Need some of that in my diet.  As much as I like shows like Bakemonogatari and Serial Experiments Lain I don't want every single show I watch to be as verbose or as dense respectively as those shows.

Has anyone here watched Akame Ga Kill!... I fucking cried in the end, cruel anime... Cruel indeed...

I thought Akame ga Kill was a pretty solid anime.  It definitely had some flaws but I was generally impressed with its ability to actually characterize most of its villains.

I agree, though it lacked character development, the action scenes were pretty good. I just think Tatsumi should've given in to Esdeath... Cuz you know, she was perfect ;-;