KissXsis

Urgs, even I couldn't stand watching all episodes of that one, and I managed to watch all episodes of Freezing, Queen's Blade and Samurai Girls; you really need to be a big, big fan of ecchi to stand watching it.

And did I already mention Toradora(it's not ecchi though, but its still good)??

Apparently that anime was produced when the underlying manga wasn't finished and thus the anime stops just when things started to get in motion...

Urgs, even I couldn't stand watching all episodes of that one, and I managed to watch all episodes of Freezing, Queen's Blade and Samurai Girls; you really need to be a big, big fan of ecchi to stand watching it.

:D  I think you didn't see my title. It's a good fun watching those anime though.

Hmmm... I really want to see your reaction after watching yosuga no sora,  :lol: 

Apparently that anime was produced when the underlying manga wasn't finished and thus the anime stops just when things started to get in motion...

That was one best drama anime for me... after I finished it, taiga became my favorite Tsundere,

and of course Rie Kugimiya... The Queen.... :heart:

Except ... Thundercats and so forth are not anime

Not technically, but Thundercats was animated by a Japanese animation studio, many of whom's artists went on to be in Studio Ghibli, and worked on Hayao Miyazaki's first film.

The New Thundercats was an anime done in Japan the old ones were cartoons done in America. However, The new Thundercats was a slap in the face to the series and not very popular hence why it only survived one season.

Not technically, but Thundercats was animated by a Japanese animation studio, many of whom's artists went on to be in Studio Ghibli, and worked on Hayao Miyazaki's first film.

The New Thundercats was an anime done in Japan the old ones were cartoons done in America. However, The new Thundercats was a slap in the face to the series and not very popular hence why it only survived one season.

I liked it, it had a great take.  The first season of the original Thundercats didn't really have a story direction, just fight the bad guy.  It wasn't really til the second season that they actually formed a storyline.

Because it was about selling toys. But then, the opposite was true for Transformers, where season 1 had a loose story, then season 2 was just ADD FUCKING EVERYBODY TO SELL TOYS. Then season 3 tried to have some kind of story again with Rodimus... only to replace him with Optimus right after he finally came to terms and was comfortable with being a leader.

I blame all those kids who cried when Optimus died in the movie.

I liked it, it had a great take.  The first season of the original Thundercats didn't really have a story direction, just fight the bad guy.  It wasn't really til the second season that they actually formed a storyline.

A lot of people didn't like it because of how drastically they changed the characters like Tigra and Lion'o being brothers Pumira being a bad guy etc. etc.

:D  I think you didn't see my title. It's a good fun watching those anime though.

Hmmm... I really want to see your reaction after watching yosuga no sora,  :lol: 

That was one best drama anime for me... after I finished it, taiga became my favorite Tsundere,

From what I've read Yosuga no Sora seems to have a decent/good story that keeps it together though, something that's just completely missing in KissXSis.

Oh nevermind, I confused it with Narutaru. Yeah, Toradora is one of the better highschool romance animes; the best one I've seen is Tonari No Kaibutsu-kun; I hope that gets a sequel one day...

From what I've read Yosuga no Sora seems to have a decent/good story that keeps it together though, something that's just completely missing in KissXSis.

Oh nevermind, I confused it with Narutaru. Yeah, Toradora is one of the better highschool romance animes; the best one I've seen is Tonari No Kaibutsu-kun; I hope that gets a sequel one day...

Of course it is  :D , KissXsis is a "don't think, just laugh" typical anime. (It's a pure comedy, with story in third and ecchi in second, LOL) Almost the same with Baka to test, but baka to test have some story. 

Even in the manga Yosuga no sora is still more serious than KissXsis. In kissxsis there is comedy in every chapter, but it differ with the Yosuga no sora, it's focusing on the story rather than add some comedy...

One of my favorite scene in Yosuga No Sora manga.

a8eb21e1d86a17d5b1502064731f675d41045fd7

Btw you know that in KissXsis, even though they are brother and sister they isn't related by blood right?

But in Yosuga No Sora..... TWINCEST FTW!!! ROFL  :rolleyes:

Watched a lot of anime "back in the day". Haven't been a lot of good decent ones around for awhile though, only one I'm currently following would be "Shingeki no Kyojin" - which would be the only anime I can say I've actually enjoyed watching these last few years (With Fate/zero probably being the only exception).

As for a show I'd strongly recommend - granted you haven't seen them yet - "Record of Lodoss War" and its sibling show "Louie the Rune soldier" was brilliant. Both are fantasy, classic dungeon and dragon-ish. "Louie" is focused on humor and comedy, whereas "Lodoss war" is a bit more dramatic - both are great shows though.

Except He-man Thundercats and so forth are not anime they are American Cartoons the animation styles and quality of work is much lower compared to a Japanese Anime.  :P

Hearing that makes me sad.  Those cartoons had a rustic beauty that you cannot find anymore.  And for your information, the animation styles were beautiful.

Except He-man Thundercats and so forth are not anime they are American Cartoons the animation styles and quality of work is much lower compared to a Japanese Anime.  :P

On the Anime scene I can't wait for Oct. both Freezing and Infinite Stratos are getting a second season. :D  

o.O Do whaaat?  I'm sorry, but anime didn't have cel shading back in the 80's either.  What sort of drugs are you on again?  Also, 

Thunder.  Thunder!  THUNDER!  THUNDERCATS, HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inuyasha

That Kikyo and Inuyasha scene in final act... :(  why did you remind me of it.... :( one of the saddest moment in anime (for me) especially if you read the manga and watch the anime from the start...

After all these years it's finally ends.....

On the Anime scene I can't wait for Oct. both Freezing and Infinite Stratos are getting a second season. :D  

Since when can you not consider Thundercats anime???? It was entirly animated in Japan for the ORIGINAL run as I recall... now that said I it was written by an American and was originaly aired in America but if you call the quallity of work low compared to a Japanese Anime go watch the original Gundam, any of the Harlock series, Vampire Hunter D, or better yet the good old black and white Astro Boy. Thundercats may have been an American cartoon but give us Japs our credit we animated that for you so if the people like it let them go ahead and call it Anime and if you want to get technical anything that is animated and not live action can be considered anime.

Sorry for the rant it just bugs me you can call Freezing Anime but not Thundercats seeing as one is a korean-japanese colaberation and the other is american-japanese.

EDIT: Oh forgot to mention currently watching Dog & Scissors, Silver Spoon, Mushibugyo,

The Eccentric Family, and Hunter X Hunter... Ultimitaly all hail Masaki Kajishima!!