I'll just go on a little ramble now about Bleach. Yeah, I know. I know! But after all this time I put into the manga, by fuck, I will FINISH it, even if it kills my very will to see this universe exist.

So the chapter from last week. Yeah. Kubo, in all of his wisdom, decided to make Ichigo's more... curious trait, that is, getting stronger through the sheer force of will to protect people, the so called mighty RESOLVE POWER UP, into a total fucking non issue. Basically, he took a character who is, by all rights, already one of the most powerful beings in both life and death, somebody who made taking a beating, then powering up because he had to protect his friends/family/whatever, then threw it all out because, well...

It was a fraction of his power. Simply put, he had a limiter in place that consciously did it because, well, it didn't want Ichigo to get too strong. And now that it's gone, willingly gave up, all of that is useless because what ended up making him one of the most powerful beings period was a mere unsuppressed fraction of his power. All that character building, all that "I shall go beyond everything to protect people!" personality, all of the fights and training and what not, all boils down to pointlessness.

Kubo literally just gave the finger to all of that character background.

tl;dr Ichigo was already god tier, then Kubo said it was just a little bit of his true power, making Ichigo now SUPER GOD TIER.

Despite the improvements in animation and design over the past decade, anime has actually regressed in regards to what came before it. Current anime basically consists of two or more characters looking at each other in various settings and moving their lips and sometimes walking, every few episodes their might even be like a 1 minute fight.

Compare that to Dragon Ball with it's fight scenes lasting sometimes dozens of episodes, constant fighting, that, to me is entertainment.

DB fights were that long because filler while waiting for the manga to get far enough ahead that they could do the next thing. Kai, for all its... eh... is more true to the manga in terms of fighting, so everything takes a fraction of the time.

Though some anime are just talky with a small amount of fighty because that's how the manga is. Again Bleach... most chapters these days are literally mostly talking which, at the end of day, could have been summed up in a page or two and not lost any of the context or impact. But here we have nearly 20 pages a week, most of which is just yammering, which at best takes maybe five minutes to read and leaves you empty because it could have all been done in two pages.

Just feels like he's padding that fucker now because this is supposed to be the last arc. Though if it's really Kubo or his editors (who have meddled before in huge things like character death), I don't know.

Despite the improvements in animation and design over the past decade, anime has actually regressed in regards to what came before it. Current anime basically consists of two or more characters looking at each other in various settings and moving their lips and sometimes walking, every few episodes their might even be like a 1 minute fight.

Compare that to Dragon Ball with it's fight scenes lasting sometimes dozens of episodes, constant fighting, that, to me is entertainment.

You're talking about Slice of Life animes.

Well yeah some are boring but there are few that are really entertaining like Bakemonogatari and xxxHolic. Learned some Japanese folklore with these two ;).

I'll just go on a little ramble now about Bleach. Yeah, I know. I know! But after all this time I put into the manga, by fuck, I will FINISH it, even if it kills my very will to see this universe exist.

So the chapter from last week. Yeah. Kubo, in all of his wisdom, decided to make Ichigo's more... curious trait, that is, getting stronger through the sheer force of will to protect people, the so called mighty RESOLVE POWER UP, into a total fucking non issue. Basically, he took a character who is, by all rights, already one of the most powerful beings in both life and death, somebody who made taking a beating, then powering up because he had to protect his friends/family/whatever, then threw it all out because, well...

It was a fraction of his power. Simply put, he had a limiter in place that consciously did it because, well, it didn't want Ichigo to get too strong. And now that it's gone, willingly gave up, all of that is useless because what ended up making him one of the most powerful beings period was a mere unsuppressed fraction of his power. All that character building, all that "I shall go beyond everything to protect people!" personality, all of the fights and training and what not, all boils down to pointlessness.

Kubo literally just gave the finger to all of that character background.

tl;dr Ichigo was already god tier, then Kubo said it was just a little bit of his true power, making Ichigo now SUPER GOD TIER.

They need to end the series already. In fact every anime that consists of hundreds of eps. need to have a fucking ending!

I'm looking at you NARUTO, ONE PIECE, AND FAIRY TAIL, ESPECIALLY FAIRY TAIL.

God I hate that anime, It's like watching Pokemon, the same fucking setting with different enemies over and over again.

Well, having been turned from US comic art to anime art since 1994, I have loved every minute of drawing anime/manga style and looking for some of the best anime/manga/games based on this style.

Most of what I have watched and would recommend isn't new - I have little time to check up on everything out these days and would only take a few of them at a time anyway. But these are a few I would say are my favourites:

Fractale: this has a really excellent story and the end is one of the best I have seen.

Mayo Chiki: The fan service is good but the characters and their growth in it are a good watch.

Boku ha Tomodachi ga Sukunai (I have few friends): I liked the characters here too, and the silliness is typical but good to see.

Paprika: this is a bit of a mind-bender, but the artistic perspective is brilliant and the story is cool. Shame the director died not long afterwards...

Kannagi: Nagi-sama is one of the cutest, most interesting characters, and the arc of the story is one of the best I've seen in this slower type of show. I hope they do another soon.

Baka to Test to Shokanjuu: I have a LOT of Hideyoshi goods bought from Japan because of this animes' creation. 'Nuff said.  :D

And just to limit the list for now, I'll just say almost everything that Studio Ghibli had created. I don't like Porco Rosso for its ending nor that of Mononoke Hime, but I really like certain ones to no end like Nausicaa and Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi (Spirited Away).

One day I'd love to create one of my own anime/manga stories, or a game based on this kind of style. :heart:

All studio gibli are timeless classic.

It allow you to become yourself and free to roam infinite fantasy world.

Ah, emily really missed those days. Everything was young and courageous and romantic.

The world was a better place.

Has anyone other then me watched the Infinite Stratos Anime? Infinite Stratos is getting a second season so I can't wait to see the 2013 fall or winter anime charts.

As for anime regression that is true in a way in the past it was all about the story and character development now it is all about how much skin and or panty shots then can fit into a single episode

I read Infinite Stratos is getting a reboot rather than a second season though while reading a magazine at a newspaper stand. Not confirmed for this so anything goes. However, since the LN is getting a new changeover with the characters and the books are getting a reproduction from vol 1...

More Bleach RAEG

Ichigo now has TWO new magic swords! Because having his Fullbring for all of like two chapters, then having it replaced with a new sword that only lasted a few months before now having two swords is...  is...

Jesus fuck. The whole thing with him beating Aizen was the perfect ending point, but Kubo and/or his editors just had to push for more, so we get the stupid of having his skill set/swords replaced three fucking times in under a year!

I mean seriously, all of the protagonist are damn right annoying, they're all wussies.

Gave up finishing some of them I can't even remember the titles, watched Hellsing Ultimate instead. I'm half way through it, the action sequences are over the top and pretty violent, the way I like it HAHA. I'll give Oregairu a try after I finish up this one.

• 2 months later...

Dragonball Z: The anime that got me into anime
Bleach: The anime that I was hooked on, never missed an episode, for like years, until it ended, bastards.  Still read the manga though. 

Pokemon: I don't consider it anime, I consider it a member of the new age overhyped kiddy bullshit they're pushing now.  When I was growing up, we had stuff like He-Man, Thundercats, Ghostbusters, GI Joe... 
Naruto: Fucking stupid.

Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X: Good anime, decent concept, haven't finished it yet.

YuYuHakusho: Need to finish watching it.

Inuyasha: Chick magnet.  Seriously.  If you tell a chick you watch it, and she's got any nerd in her at all, she'll be like "SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

Trigun: An awesome series with a great setting, characters and story. It has funny moments and its serious moments. One of my all-time favorites.

Outlaw Star: Best way to describe it is like Cowboy Bebop meets Trigun. I'd say it's more lighthearted than Trigun, but it still has some good moments. 

Gundam: Yeah, I know I didn't actually name a particular series, but I don't care. I'm a mecha junkie. I freaking love giant robots stomping around. I grew up watching Gundam on Toonami (as some of these other shows should indicate) and I loved it. If I had to single out a series though, it'd be Zeta

Gundam. Easily the best Gundam series. 

Highschool of the Dead: This is honestly the hardest one for me to actually recommend, because it depends more on you. Yes, it's got ridiculous ecchi-levels of fanservice. But you know what, I actually didn't give a crap about any of that. It was so much fun to watch, and near the latter half they had some very interesting character moments. If you aren't bothered by fanservice, then you should give it a watch. 

When I was growing up, we had stuff like He-Man, Thundercats, Ghostbusters, GI Joe... 

Oh. Em. Eff. Jee.  YES!!  I've been WAITING for someone to mention those!!  Only you forgot She-Ra, Silverhawks, Visionaries, Centurions: Power Xtreme, the other Ghostbusters with the ape, the original Robocop cartoon, Beast King: Golion(because "Voltron" will now remain unmentioned), Dinosaucers, and Bravestarr.  By the way, the voice of Cobra Commander and Starscream was also Cravex, my favorite villain from Visionaries.