Can't wait to see you this will go between esdeath and tatsumi in akame ga kill, this made me laugh and I just love esdeath x)

I read the manga and things got real ugly as of the present chapter... really ugly.

I was quite sure this was going to happened =x

I started watching Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist. While being borderline boy-love (the border may disappear in future, I reckon), the basis of it is rather interesting and has a nice mix of seriousness and comedy. The basis is that William Twinings, of the prestigious Twining family founds out that he is the descendent of King Solomon. As such, he is the Elector - the mortal charged with choosing the interim ruler of Hell while Emperor Lucifer sleeps. There's a health mix of demons from the once-human-and-remorseful, the aloof-fallen-angel, to the as-psychotic-as-you'd-expect demons. The problem with all of this is that William is a staunch Realist - if science can't explain it, then it is nonsense. As such, he refused to be a part of any of it - which leaves the demons to just linger around him, making his life miserable, until he gets with the program.

It's an interesting twist on the Old Testament theology, especially with Solomon and his 72-Pillars. Like I said, it does have a shonen-ai vibe to it - at one point, a demon has a Sailor Moon-esque transformation sequence. I thought it was funny as hell, but I'm sure it will be off-putting to some.

Watched the last episode (of this season iirc) of Aldnoah Zero. It was filled with much win until

They killed Inaho. WHY, why would you kill one of the best characters in the series? Why would you kill a mecha anime main protagonist who so much better than almost every other mecha anime main protagonist. I have major respect for any character in a mecha anime who can kick everyone's asses in a vastly inferior unit just through being able to keep calm under pressure and analyse the situation and enemies' weaknesses.

I also finally managed to track down and watch Dominion Tank Police, something I've been wanting to watch for ages. It was just as good as I was led to believe, although I question the label of "mecha" it had on the site I watched it on, if you ask me tanks are not mecha.

Watched the last episode (of this season iirc) of Aldnoah Zero. It was filled with much win until

They killed Inaho. WHY, why would you kill one of the best characters in the series? Why would you kill a mecha anime main protagonist who so much better than almost every other mecha anime main protagonist. I have major respect for any character in a mecha anime who can kick everyone's asses in a vastly inferior unit just through being able to keep calm under pressure and analyse the situation and enemies' weaknesses.

Really, as someone who has also played Fallout New Vegas, maybe he'll pull a Courier :D He did get shot in the head.

The last episode of Aldnoah Zero, minus the ending, had me in a laughing fit. It's not everyday when you get to see just how flashy the enemy's toy is (transforming, combining, rule breaking equipments) and still Inaho literally took the damn mech down piece by piece up until the enemy ended up face down on the floor.

I also like how the Duke tells Slaine silently... "You're a piss poor shot. Aim for the head, dumbass".

Finally, Aldnoah might be a Deus Ex Machina that can bring back the dead (I hope) and the ending has shown that Inaho might have the Aldnoah already. It's just that he doesn't have a mech that requires him to use it (cause he's too awesome in his orange pajamas). As for the reason? Slaine actually activated the dormant mech but it was never really shown literally when he got the Aldnoah activation code... up until you remember that part where the princess did a mouth-to-mouth to save him back when he arrived in enemy territory. Remember who did another mouth-to-mouth with the princess?

The last episode of Aldnoah Zero, minus the ending, had me in a laughing fit. It's not everyday when you get to see just how flashy the enemy's toy is (transforming, combining, rule breaking equipments) and still Inaho literally took the damn mech down piece by piece up until the enemy ended up face down on the floor.

I also like how the Duke tells Slaine silently... "You're a piss poor shot. Aim for the head, dumbass".

Finally, Aldnoah might be a Deus Ex Machina that can bring back the dead (I hope) and the ending has shown that Inaho might have the Aldnoah already. It's just that he doesn't have a mech that requires him to use it (cause he's too awesome in his orange pajamas). As for the reason? Slaine actually activated the dormant mech but it was never really shown literally when he got the Aldnoah activation code... up until you remember that part where the princess did a mouth-to-mouth to save him back when he arrived in enemy territory. Remember who did another mouth-to-mouth with the princess?

Yeah, it's why I liked Inaho so much.

Anyway I started watching one of the other mecha anime this season: Shirogane no Ishi Argevollen. Almost dropped since I really did not like the two main leads in the first 2 or so episodes, glad I got over it since it gets better. Even if it is the same old same old mecha anime (hotblooded young pilot gets a super prototype and proceeds to kick ass.)

I both love and hate one piece. Why does it have to be so long, sometimes I feel the series will outlive me :(

Really love the current arc how it's progressing just progress with less episodes needed lol

Finished Zankyou no Terror the other day - absolutely loved it. Good story and amazing soundtrack, which is no surprise with Shinichiro Watanabe and Yoko Kanno (both of Cowboy Bebop fame) working on it.

Few of my favorite animes:

• Hajime no Ippo - amazing series about a shy, friendly guy becoming a pro boxer. Great underdog story.
  • Shigurui - story about a famous samurai dojo, its students and its master. Slow paced and very gory.
  • Bakemonogatari - pretty much about a guy solving problems for a bunch of pretty girls. Great visuals and funny dialogue.
  • Kill la Kill - over the top action with a ridiculous story. Loads and loads of fanservice, also extremely funny.

Also want recommend a manga that would be a perfect fit for LoversLab. Behold Kangoku Gakuen aka Prison School. This manga has a hilarious story, great art and funny dialogue. But the best is obviously the absurd fanservice which goes to a point of being part of the humor. A few examples:

oWzVHoJ.pnguYpDUkm.pngWkFNsRz.png

oy7fFKg.png0JvtMXy.pnglFDv6dJ.png