The last rant from this long-winded idiot

I realize I've never said a word to anybody here about this, so this may seem abrupt, but my life is about to come to a close. I'm not here to get your sympathy, in fact this has been coming for well over a decade. Honestly, it's just a relief at this point. Instead, I come here today to tell you all for the last time that I truly love this place and everyone in it. It may seem a strange place to feel this way about, but this little community is so bright and welcoming and friendly that I have truly enjoyed my time here reading your posts and responding on the occasions when I can manage to push past my social anxiety. Even if it's just in my head, I genuinely feel like this is an actual community, despite how loosely that word is used nowadays.

In particular, although we never interacted much, I wanted to give some special attention to @Vyxenne and @anjenthedog from the SSE forums. These two, on the What Is/Where Is and Technical Support threads, respectively, never stop trying to help people. Even if I never said it up until now, I see your efforts, I appreciate them, and you two are legends. To you guys it may seem like no trouble, it may not even seem important, but you guys have helped far more people than you probably even realize. I tip my badger-sized hat to you.

With that said, although I will be keeping an eye on this thread until the end, in case someone actually remembers me from the erratic few times I've posted on this site, this is going to be my last post. I don't want things to get all weird and sad because you're trying to have a conversation with someone who may never respond. In fact, in my family, we don't mourn our losses, we celebrate our memories. So, if I'm allowed to have a last request, then I want every single one of you to keep on making this place a wonderful community for everyone else. Keep making those awesome mods. Keep converting mods so that whole new groups of people can enjoy them. Keep helping each other figure out how to untangle that mess of a modlist the new guy made for himself. Keep on being excellent to each other. Keep on being the awesome bunch of degenerate weirdoes that made my life just a little bit better when all I knew was despair.

I don't know what happens next, but I hope I find at least a few of you in an awesome isekai fantasy world with two-legged dragons where we can yell so hard that fire comes out of our mouths. Goodbye my comrades, and may all your days be spent with full bellies, wide smiles, and good company.

Spoiler

As the last of my family, whatever rando ends up doing my funeral rites will probably make it all morbid, so if you feel like paying your respects to this rando, raise a glass of your favorite hard drink and say this for me:

May your wisdom be forever on our minds

May your kindness be forever in our hearts

And may your name be forever on our tongues

It's not a religious thing, just a tradition, so don't feel compelled. It's not like I'll even know. But if you do, thank you, it truly means the world to me.

With a glass of Dago Red in my hand,

May your wisdom be forever in my mind

May your kindness be forever in my heart

May your name be forever on my tongue...

...And may your Badger forever remind me to be rational.

Mazel Tov!

"When my time on earth is over, bury me upside down so my critics can kiss my ass." -Bobby Knight

Just remember my man, don't let the bastard (death) win to easily.  Beat the shit out of him so when you go before St. Peter he can say, "DEATH?!!  What the hell to you?!!"  Death can then point at you and say, "this motherfucker beat the living shit out of me."?

I don't know you or anyone on this website to be honest, but belive me, once my time will come i'm also looking forward to meet with all of you in "an awesome isekai fantasy world with two-legged dragons where we can yell so hard that fire comes out of our mouths" ?

I hope you're being figurative, but in any case, although I don't drink (alcohol intolerance) I raise a tall, ice cold glass of koolaid in salute fellow traveler.

As one who believes in the "realworld" idea of "recycle actor", may we meet again in newer, younger, healthier shells in future days, and perhaps not just in passing.  (not being flip, my mom just passed two days ago, on her 91st birthday of all days... life is too quick, I can still remember her preggers in the summer of 1963 with my twin younger brothers, only a few week from their birth, carrying my 4th birthday cake on her belly and being young, vibrant, and hale. The cake, fwiw, had one of those sugar clown topping things. And although I'm sure I got other things too,  I remember that I got a cast metal US Navy rescue helicopter as a toy... I think it was Corgie)... And me, well I spend my days performing pain management and trying to figure out where almost 14 years went since I lived a "normal" life.  Not whining, just illustrating. 

Presuming you're serious... I hope you're not in pain and that you have loved ones or friends or at the very least benign associates around you. 

God bless (if you believe in one), and peace to you, Scholarly Badger. 

10 hours ago, Scholarly Badger said:

I realize I've never said a word to anybody here about this, so this may seem abrupt, but my life is about to come to a close. I'm not here to get your sympathy, in fact this has been coming for well over a decade. Honestly, it's just a relief at this point. Instead, I come here today to tell you all for the last time that I truly love this place and everyone in it. It may seem a strange place to feel this way about, but this little community is so bright and welcoming and friendly that I have truly enjoyed my time here reading your posts and responding on the occasions when I can manage to push past my social anxiety. Even if it's just in my head, I genuinely feel like this is an actual community, despite how loosely that word is used nowadays.

In particular, although we never interacted much, I wanted to give some special attention to @Vyxenne and @anjenthedog from the SSE forums. These two, on the What Is/Where Is and Technical Support threads, respectively, never stop trying to help people. Even if I never said it up until now, I see your efforts, I appreciate them, and you two are legends. To you guys it may seem like no trouble, it may not even seem important, but you guys have helped far more people than you probably even realize. I tip my badger-sized hat to you.

With that said, although I will be keeping an eye on this thread until the end, in case someone actually remembers me from the erratic few times I've posted on this site, this is going to be my last post. I don't want things to get all weird and sad because you're trying to have a conversation with someone who may never respond. In fact, in my family, we don't mourn our losses, we celebrate our memories. So, if I'm allowed to have a last request, then I want every single one of you to keep on making this place a wonderful community for everyone else. Keep making those awesome mods. Keep converting mods so that whole new groups of people can enjoy them. Keep helping each other figure out how to untangle that mess of a modlist the new guy made for himself. Keep on being excellent to each other. Keep on being the awesome bunch of degenerate weirdoes that made my life just a little bit better when all I knew was despair.

I don't know what happens next, but I hope I find at least a few of you in an awesome isekai fantasy world with two-legged dragons where we can yell so hard that fire comes out of our mouths. Goodbye my comrades, and may all your days be spent with full bellies, wide smiles, and good company.

Hide contents

As the last of my family, whatever rando ends up doing my funeral rites will probably make it all morbid, so if you feel like paying your respects to this rando, raise a glass of your favorite hard drink and say this for me:

It's not a religious thing, just a tradition, so don't feel compelled. It's not like I'll even know. But if you do, thank you, it truly means the world to me.

All's Well That Ends Well by William Shakespeare takes a while for me to get that what that phrase means because like BHUNP is bad explained but i figured it out all well wen it ends well if is not well is because IT DOEN'T ENDED YET. please try one more time at least. i hope you fine sorry bad english. depression is becoming more common nowadays soo many other fell this way is hard but believing that someday things will be better is what keeps me moving foward try one more time:D  

It is a great honor for this forum and website to have your last missive, though I hope that you can find hope and continue to resist the urge to let go.  This questionable gift of knowing our own mortality does make one desire to be the final arbiter of our last moments, but in the end, it is death that gives us hope, our limited time to do more, and with that, the wisdom to look back upon our accomplishments, as minor as they may be and to ask one more time "Can I do better if I had more time?"   The answer is always yes, its the having more time part that is tough.

However, raising a glass of Lake Baikal Vodka (a most interesting drink, and you should have a bottle before you go)

stands and salutes, glass in hand

we shall greet you on the other side when we meet you there

Maybe you will see this, maybe not, and even though we've never interacted, I hope you the best, I want to believe that after death you can choose what happens to you, that you can have everything you want and enjoy forever, I think everyone deserves this. I hope you a perfect afterlife, and even though I am not 21 so I can't drink, I raise a glass of water and say: May your wisdom be forever on our minds, May your kindness be forever in our hearts, And may your name be forever on our tongues.