17 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Yes. They're gonna be messed-up snekdogs. They're bothering me too, but the kids might come first.

A thought, remove the dog part completely, make the limbs emaciated (specially since most already are) and make it look like they're turning completely into snakes.

Feel free to ignore me of course.

21 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Yes. They're gonna be messed-up snekdogs. They're bothering me too, but the kids might come first.

I have one more question. I noticed that the cheetahs look weird in Fallout 4, significantly different than in Skyrim.

Would you be willing to make the same cheetah look you created for YA?

Photo1526.png

Edited by poblivion
33 minutes ago, poblivion said:

I have one more question. I noticed that the cheetahs look weird in Fallout 4, significantly different than in Skyrim.

Would you be willing to make the same cheetah look you created for YA?

They will always look bobble-headed because FO4 forces you to give them pencil necks. All other races have the same issue compared to their Skyrim counterparts and there's nothing we can do unless you want to have neck clipping with every single outfit and armor piece to ever exist.

As for the nose size, I'd try playing around with facebones during chargen, you may be able to get closer to the original shape that way.

17 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

They will always look bobble-headed because FO4 forces you to give them pencil necks. All other races have the same issue compared to their Skyrim counterparts and there's nothing we can do unless you want to have neck clipping with every single outfit and armor piece to ever exist.

As for the nose size, I'd try playing around with facebones during chargen, you may be able to get closer to the original shape that way.

"neck clipping with every single outfit and armor piece to ever exist" This doesn't bother me at all.

I compared both mesh (YA version vs FFO) and it looks like Bad Dog gave the FFO version a very different shape already in the base.

The head is tapered and you can see wrinkles on the scalp and ears, the muzzle and snout are significantly larger and the eyes are closer together.

Spoiler

a.png.c4bbada981af891953feae9c66e05936.png

Edited by poblivion
On 12/24/2021 at 9:41 AM, 1337DragonWolf said:

The third one...

I was having this too but the bigger issue was that of the settlers that I noticed with the issue, all but 1 of them were completely invisible. I only noticed because I'd assigned someone (a random lioness settler IIRC) to a device and quit, and when I started back up after updating it was empty. I checked it in workshop mode thinking they'd just wandered off somewhere but it showed their outline still there with a "spike"going off into the distance. I checked several other settlements and they also had invisible settlers (+ the 1 I could see) that I only found by walking around in workshop mode randomly until their outline appeared.

I could still talk to/trade with them normally, they were just invisible with that spike. I didn't give them a helmet because I didn't have any on me (besides the one I was wearing but it's already invisible so...) but changing their clothes had no effect. Recycleactor made them visible again but it's not really a fix since it just spawns a new random settler that may or may not have the same bug. I did also install some other mods at the same time, but they were mostly weapons/clothes and the one that does affect any NPCs (Tales of the Commonwealth, by adding some) loads before this and has no conflicts in MO2

For now I've just gone back to 1.6 and have had no issues that I've noticed besides a colored line at Lancer-Captain Kells' feet, which is easy to ignore since I'm siding with the Railroad this playthrough and have already done his sidequests.

8 hours ago, SAshura said:

[Stuff]

Sounds like one or more of the hairs could be corrupted. Or rather, the physics data they include. And any NPCs using them gets that weird bug.

Getting the actual appearance template ID for generic/random settlers is impossible AFAIK, but... did you happen to see if any of the pre-made settler NPCs have that bug? Those are unique and would be easy to check which hair record(s) they're using.

Settlements with premade unique settlers include Nordhagen Beach, Somerville Place, Oberland Station and Tenpines Bluff.

6 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Sounds like one or more of the hairs could be corrupted. Or rather, the physics data they include. And any NPCs using them gets that weird bug.

Getting the actual appearance template ID for generic/random settlers is impossible AFAIK, but... did you happen to see if any of the pre-made settler NPCs have that bug? Those are unique and would be easy to check which hair record(s) they're using.

Settlements with premade unique settlers include Nordhagen Beach, Somerville Place, Oberland Station and Tenpines Bluff.

Sorry, but I didn't. The places I checked were all originally empty before becoming a settlement.

I can't describe it very well but if it helps, the one glitched haircut I could see looked a lot like Moira Brown's from Fallout 3, at least from the front (I couldn't tell what the ponytail looks like for obvious reasons). And now that I think of it, one of my male settlers' outfits was kinda glitching out, too. The scarf of the hooded rags (Cricket's outfit) was moving a little bit later than the rest of the NPC, causing it to stretch and deform a bit.

I'll re-install 1.7 and check the pre-populated settlements later

1 hour ago, IceBlazeWinters said:

no idea who this npc is or what's up with her ponytail

Looks like it's the "Young At Heart" ponytail doing that.
(BTW, next time you'll want to add any extra comments in the main post and write "EDIT" before it; the "reason for edit" text is small and dark so it's hard to see unless you're specifically searching for it).

@Bad Dog all the _FaceBones versions of HairFemale05 are all missing the ponytail itself. Toggling skinning off shows the geometry is still there so it looks like it lost its boneweights somehow (which, as you may now, breaks skinned meshes). The hair physics bones for the ponytail itself are missing so I assume those are the ones that caused the issue when they got removed.

In fact I'm checking other hairs and they also seem to have the same issue, looks like the FaceBones export nukes all hair physics bones which fucks up the nifs in the areas that were only weighted to those bones.

I assume this issue needs to be solved on Nifly itself and the _FaceBones versions of any physics-enabled hairs remade after the plugin itself is fixed.

EDIT: oof, ninja'd, lol. :classic_wacko:

Edited by Blaze69

Hopefully this won't be needed anymore, but the non-random invisible+warped ponytail npcs I found in my brief check just now were:

• Nordhagen female settler - RefID 9B1B7, BaseID 156A12
  • One of Doc Weathers' caravan guards - RefID 130b87, BaseID 130b85
  • Deidre from the Slog - RefID 48b78, BaseID 3f23b

Oddly, Deirdre and the guard started to appear when I came out of fast travel, but then quickly faded out.

Edit: Yep, that fixed them.

Edited by SAshura
minor update that didn't need its own post

stupid question:

can i simply replace the files for the mods or do i have to do a fresh install of each mod every time?

cause i REALLY hate dealing with the conflicts each time i install a new version and delete an old version.

Edited by IceBlazeWinters
edit: what's the reason for the extra .esp furryfalloutdlc in the main ffo4 file?
2 hours ago, leer009@gmail.com said:

Btw, does this mod support atomic muscle?

9 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

No, I had another request for that tho. Might do it after the other stuff is in place.

i use atomic muscle and i don't have any problems with my furries working.

all the male bodies are randomized as either built, skinny, fat, fat with muscles

1 hour ago, IceBlazeWinters said:

stupid question:

can i simply replace the files for the mods or do i have to do a fresh install of each mod every time?

cause i REALLY hate dealing with the conflicts each time i install a new version and delete an old version.

Replace works just fine. As to the other esp, I didn't notice it until you mentioned it but looking at it in FO4Edit it's to make the the DLC headgear fit the FFO races' heads.

2 hours ago, 1337DragonWolf said:

D'aww, download quota for the update was excceeded. :(

Lol, that always happens after a new version goes up, at the very least for the main NPC file. Guess it's a combination of it being the largest and there being a ton of downloads (popular mod much?). ?

Sadly you're gonna have to wait for a day or two until the quota resets.

8 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Lol, that always happens after a new version goes up, at the very least for the main NPC file. Guess it's a combination of it being the largest and there being a ton of downloads (popular mod much?). ?

Sadly you're gonna have to wait for a day or two until the quota resets.

It's not that bad, usually just wait a few hours. He has to keep trying.

I spoze I should find another host maybe.

What's the issue with "dealing with conflicts" when installing a new version. It's not an issue with MO. Is there some tool that makes it hard, or do you have a complicated mod list or something?

Speaking of which, has anyone had success with the go to sleep mod? I found one that requires a special sleeping back and another which looks good but it's integrated with a bunch of AAF stuff which makes me worry.

1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

I spoze I should find another host maybe.

Not a lot of other options, TBH.

Drive has the best speeds and is basically the best host unless your files are the kind that hit the quota too quickly (as is the case here). Mega also has good speeds and AFAIK has not quota for files but it does have a 3 GB download limit every 24h for non-Premium users, so unless the combined download size of all files stays under that value, it's not an option (limit used to be 5GB which was more reasonable but they lowered it not long ago). And I think Mediafire and other similar hosts require paid accounts to be able to upload files this big in the first place.

I guess you could upload the files both to Drive and Mega so users can combine downloads from both (probably getting base file and DLC NPCs from Drive and regular NPCs file from Mega).

What's the issue with "dealing with conflicts" when installing a new version. It's not an issue with MO. Is there some tool that makes it hard, or do you have a complicated mod list or something?

I'm guessing they use Vortex and have to go through the utterly retarded and needlessly complex "conflict resolution" process in which you pick which mods it should load after or before for every single other mod in your list.

another which looks good but it's integrated with a bunch of AAF stuff which makes me worry.

If that's the one I think it is, I only tried it like years ago but IIRC the AAF part is optional and the base mod works perfectly without it. Could have changed since, though.

43 minutes ago, werde2406 said:

Hi can someone point me in the right direction on how to modify headwear from other mods to fit the Furry head's. I converted the Raider overhaul to Furry but the masks and stuff don't fit at all and I can't find anything useful on the internet

You have to edit the meshes themselves in Blender (with the PyNifly plugin) or Outfit Studio to make them fit the FF4 heads, save them as new files (you can either add something like _FFO to the or save them under the "FFO\" folder path), and then edit the plugin data to add new ArmorAddons that point to the meshes you created and are only enabled for FF4 races (not humans). You then add those AAs to the AAs list of the items while making sure to place them above the human AAs.