2 hours ago, 1337DragonWolf said:

I really hope you can extend the time it's out, but again, it's up to you.

Face morphs/expressions aren't normal animations and don't have "frames" or anything like that. So doing what you ask for would require getting the game to play its blinking morph for longer, which there is no way to do (that I know of).

It might be possible with a F4SE plugin that hooks into the blinking function in the game exe and tweaks its length or whatever, but good luck writing such a plugin from scratch, lol.

2 hours ago, 1337DragonWolf said:

Are you gonna put 'em as locals in Far Harbor and as characters who live in places close to bodies of water, or randomly disperse them?

AFAIK the plan is to use them for Far Harbor NPCs, dunno if any main game ones will get them as well or the FH one will be universal or targeted (i.e. Island natives are otters, mainlanders/newcomers explicitly mentioned as such use other FF4 races).

lol no worries. It's just that the way they work is so simple and what you're suggesting would be so complicated to do. Because it's tied to a morph that's defined by the game I don't really have an option to extend the time.

Far Harbor natives will be otters. I'll look through the NPCs and maybe assign a small number of others, if I can find any appropriate. Maybe anybody who's wearing the slickers and hat. I'm not thinking to make them just another race.

Unsure why but the glasses on the character are sunken into the nose? It may be a conflict but idk what would cause such a weird glitch considering it was fine last I played.

The only change is I updated to the newest version of this mod and added UCO, Armor-smith, Armor and Weapons keywords. But I would think those armor mods would sink the glasses?

52 minutes ago, NuclearMuffin said:

The only change is I updated to the newest version of this mod and added UCO, Armor-smith, Armor and Weapons keywords. But I would think those armor mods would sink the glasses?

They most definitely would since they edit pretty much every single wearable vanilla record including glasses. You have to load FurryFallout4.esp after all of them so FF4's edits remain and win any conflicts.

Also consider dumping those bloated messes and go for ECO instead which does pretty much all the useful stuff those mods do without the clutter, increased load times and incompatibility nightmare they also entail.

Alright more mesh fixes for Fallout 4 VR:
in both the main plugin and the bodyslide files, FelineFemaleBody and CanineFemBody have the Face flag in shader properties 1. They probably shouldn't.

I might also need to investigate whether the lack of "transform_changed" flag in shader properties 2 also causes issues as some of the meshes in the bodyslide files lack it.

Thx will check. Doesn't the face flag mean the body picks up skin tone? Anyway, will check.

Does anyone have insight into transparency on FO4 heads? It's driving me batshit. The whiskers on my furry heads have transparency, legacy all the way back to the khajiit in skyrim. That works on the cheetahs but not on the hyenas and now not on the otters. I cannot figure out why. The dds looks right and I tweaked them to use the cheetah's (tiger's, actually) bgsm file. Both then override the textures with a texture set. Neither nif has an alpha node, but that shouldn't be needed in FO4. 

I'm gonna tweak the whiskers so alpha isn't needed but OMG what a pain.

3 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Does anyone have insight into transparency on FO4 heads? It's driving me batshit. The whiskers on my furry heads have transparency, legacy all the way back to the khajiit in skyrim. That works on the cheetahs but not on the hyenas and now not on the otters. I cannot figure out why.

I'll see if I can compare the head nifs myself and spot any difference in a while, but in the meantime... any chance it could be due to some kind of nif flag or data field which is NOT material-file-determined?

Having vertex colors enabled in the BSSubindexTriShape data for head parts (or rather any Head-shader using TriShapes altogether) causes them to become invisible, so I wouldn't be surprised if a similar goof could make alpha stop working or something like that.

Hello, I have a problem, I don't know why, but when I have active the mods Project Amelia and Furry Fallout 4, the heads of the npcs that are amelia are of a different color to the body, for example, an npc of race amelia of red color has blue head and vice versa, by disabling Furry Fallout 4, the error disappears.

Edit:

I took a look at the textures and saw that the blue and red head textures are in opposite locations and the yellow head texture is now aquamarine, you could fix this by using the original Project Amelia mod textures as they were, I'll do that for now.

Edited by Amazonrex

That's... bad.

In other news, 1.7 is up and has otters. Also better hair. But not all the hair is better, some of it's the same old hair. But most of it isn't totally crappy at this point.

You have to go to Far Harbor to find the otters tho.

6 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Chasing down all the variants of a character when they have more then one record is a problem.

Would it be a good idea to "hardcode" those into the furrifier so all the alternate records are set to use the main one as the Traits template?

Names and such aren't affected so disguised Deacon shouldn't break, and other than the Cabots and their aging, I can't really think of any case in which Traits should actually be different. It will also ensure that any changes made to the base record's looks automatically apply to the other copies.

Just a random thought, though.

3 hours ago, 1337DragonWolf said:

I'm losing my shit here! Did you draw a furry face on the side of a human mannequin's face? lmfao

The furrified version of the base male mannequin places its (Lykaios-based) face texture where the face was in the original human mesh. That specific mesh in the pic wasn't replaced since it's separate from the default mannequins and is still human, but it looks like that because the texture is the furry one.

Ugh. Actually, furrifiying the various hanged and impaled people is on my list. 

For the dups, yeah, the furrifier has a list which enables it to use the same hash value for all variants of a character. I just had to add the CoA priest records to it.

@Bad Dog got two bugs to report so far:

• Female otters use the female lykaios hand textures instead of their own unique ones due to wrong texture assigned in the naked hands AA.
  • The "Young at Heart" hair (HairFemale05) for otters is borked: it has no cloth physics data and most of the ponytail mesh is missing.

(Sorry it took me this long to test the otters, I've been busy with other projects, lol).

I also noticed none of the Far Harbor headgear items were converted, so they range from "slightly oversized" to "blatant clipping and mismatch" on all the otters wearing them. I assume converting them all isn't high priority, and there's also the issue of how to "distribute" the refits if they're ever made (if they're added to the main FurryFallout4.esm it will make the DLCs a requirement, so I guess it's better to add them to the DLC NPCs file?). But in the meantime... maybe the NPC DLC file should be edited to remove most headgear from NPCs? You're already editing their data so altering the outfits themselves or the leveled lists that spawn headgear shouldn't be a huge problem.

Although I guess it depends on how long you expect it to be until it gets to working on headgear; if it's gonna be a while it makes sense to apply this "band-aid" in the meantime, if not then it may not be worth the effort if it's going to be solved not long after.

@Bad Dog ...aaaand more bug reports and thoughts:

• Mitch (DLC03MaleMitch, 3005C9F) the Far Harbor's Last Plank bartender, looks like someone smashed his snout in with a sledgehammer. You'll probably want to fix him up.
Spoiler

OuchOwieOofMyFace.jpg

• Tony (DLC03MaleTony, 3005C85) and Small Bertha (DLC03FemaleBertha, 3005C83) the FH orphans, spawn naked, and since they're now technically standard adult otters set to 0.8 scale instead of "actual" kids, that means they are fully naked. I'm guessing you'd have to give them a proper child NakedSkin (so they get perma-undies just in case) and edit the Street Urchin Rags (167A76) so they can be worn by FF4 races.

(Not posting a pic for obvious reasons).

• Can confirm something about DiMa is fucked up, but I'll have to dig around the plugin to see what exactly. Maybe he uses Nick's face parts and them being edited is what messes him up?
Spoiler

YourClothesGiveThemToMeNow.jpg

That should cover the bug reports.

Now two thoughts for you:

• These otters do look as adorable as I expected them to, but... TBH the hair kinda ruins it for me. Honestly I'd suggest tweaking the Furrifier so otters are very likely to get "no hair" (e.g. something like 60% chance of no hair). I know hair is one of the few things that usually set characters apart but I'd rather have them look better even if same-y by not having hair. Hell, it may even help with the "reclusive tight-knit community" vibe they kinda have going on if they look samey-. Just go ahead and tell me this dude wouldn't look better without the weird bright orange hair:
Spoiler

HeNeedsAHaircut.jpg

• Certain otter NPCs seem to give off a slight... rodent-y vibe to me. Particularly ones that got a white snout tint. Is this intentional? Because if it's not, this is a very happy accident, lol. ?Anthro rat race based on Cellan assets when?
Spoiler

Ratty.jpg

Edited by Blaze69