1 minute ago, keymaster1965 said:

I did read it, but I didnt see anything like setrace....... hmm maybe I will read it once more but I read it 4 times already, I must be missing something

Enable your choice of ESPs:

• FurryFallout.esp: Always
  • FFO-Player-*.esp: To play as a furry, enable the one (only one) that corresponds to your desired race. You can't change race in game.

2 minutes ago, keymaster1965 said:

they are enabled and have been, I just disabled a bunch of other mods to see if its a compatibility issue

You Just need the one YOU want to be selected they should all show up when you put the mod in the mod manager Just unselect the others there IS no selecting Race In game fallout is just not set up that way

19 minutes ago, Siigonis said:

You Just need the one YOU want to be selected they should all show up when you put the mod in the mod manager Just unselect the others there IS no selecting Race In game fallout is just not set up that way

ohhhh ok thank you, I feel stupid because they are all enabled and I didnt understand, thank you very much, I did figure out that the furry NPC mod at least on mine does not get along with GSS it CTD on game load, so theres something I guess lol

EDIT... I did that went into the game and she is still human, tried SLM 14 still no change

Edited by keymaster1965
1 hour ago, keymaster1965 said:

does not get along with GSS

Don't use that mod, it's deprecated now and very finicky to get working without CTDs.

1 hour ago, keymaster1965 said:

EDIT... I did that went into the game and she is still human, tried SLM 14 still no change

Make sure you don't have any other plugins loading after whatever FFO-Player-*.esp you enabled (aka place it at the bottom of your load order).

Also you must start a new game for the race change to work properly, you can't do that on an existing save.

Anyhow, @Bad Dog seems like I forgot to post the latest Bodyslide files earlier so here you go.

Now includes "Nevernude" sets for male bodies, which when paired with the already-existing female ones allows for a 99% SFW Furry Fallout 4 experience (the lewd perk magazines from the main NPC file still remain, but that's the only thing I can think of since normal props/clutter replacers are SFW). Just gotta generate them in Bodyslide first.

Credit goes to @poblivion for doing the male Nevernude BS sets and Elza/aulie + AltheaR for the El Men's Underwear assets used in those.

Credits info (you'll want to add this to the description somewhere):

El Men's Underwear

Original author of the mod for skyrim: Elza/aulie

https://www.nexusmod...yrim/mods/80618

Meshes for Fallout4: AltheaR

https://www.nexusmod...out4/mods/38490

Permission granted by AltheaR.

You may not redistribute these assets without permission.

Furry_Fallout.1.5.0.0_Bodyslide_Files.7z

It 's just gorgeous -beautiful , all the models are worked out to the smallest detail ! I'm thrilled!! A completely different Fallout - by the way, if all NPCs became monkeys, then it would be a new plot for the game - after all, Planet of the Apes is about nuclear war and about extinction and replacement by monkeys. Preston Garvey the lion)) but if he were a chimpanzee, it would be super))) Thanks a lot for the super mod place -I really liked it, I started a new game!if you put esp higher in mo2, then 50/50 fury people appear, I put it down -all fury. Oh, yes - the synths are just great, better than in the source code and of high quality. I'm playing BT3 and FG 1 85 (I downloaded the patch from here) everything is fine!

Edited by awson

has anyone made patches for hardship or harassment for this mod? I tried figuring out how to add additional races to them but couldn't figure it out with my lack of experience with the references and as far as I could tell it had to be done in the CK and not in Fo4Edit 

3 hours ago, sett said:

has anyone made patches for hardship or harassment for this mod? I tried figuring out how to add additional races to them but couldn't figure it out with my lack of experience with the references and as far as I could tell it had to be done in the CK and not in Fo4Edit 

Don't think they have.

I don't use AAF mods so I don't know what the mechanism used to detect races in those is, but chances are it's either 1) a FormList with human/humanlike races in it, 2) GetIsRace conditions in dialogue or quest data, or 3) GetIsRace conditions in the scripts.

1) should be easy to patch, 2) could be a bit tedious but should be easy as well, and 3) is doable but definitely a pain.

There's also xml or ini files which list how different races respond to AAF events. The FFO races have already been added to AAF files--I dunno what the other mods need.

Current activity on the mod--

I'm running my playthrough and OMG I see what Blaze was talking about upthread with not enough variety in the template NPCs. Diamond City has two--two--template NPCs for the inside guards, which is why they're all deer or wolves. Also there are no females. One deer and one wolf. BoS has 6, but when grand-panjandrum-whatshisname collects 6 for his little speech that's ALL of them, and with random choice some of them are bound to overlap. And one furrified to a pronghorn and another to a sabretooth, so they're really obvious.

I've got a new scheme for assigning races for unnamed NPCs which looks to see if their editor ID is numbered--"EncRaiderWasterM01", for example--and I use the number to pick the race. That way if there are 6, each will get a different race. (Named NPCs keep their current race.) That works well when there are enough template NPCs, but not when Beth just didn't give us enough, so I'm adding NPCs too.

I'm going through the hair again to fit it to heads and I'm wondering again if I should make more use of the facebones system. Problem is different races have more or less prominent jaws and brows, bigger and smaller ears. So headgear with chinstraps and hair especially are hard to fit. Doing one shape to fit them all isn't possible, so I'm having to make a lot of race-specific variants. Which is not that hard, but it offends me.

What I'm thinking is make one "canonical" furry head shape. For each race, weight facebones and warp the race's head to fit the canonical head. Remember the warp factor for each bone and apply the reverse in the furrifier and race presets to get back to the right head shape. That way it doesn't have to be precise or even look particularly good--just get the surface to wherever the canonical head surface is. Then weight the other head parts to respond to the same bones and they should follow the race facebones.

I don't know if I can make all the changes I need this way tho, especially the ears. The jaw and brows just need to be moved in and out roughly, but the ears are in very different positions (horse vs lykaios) and the attachment covers more or less of the head (snekdog ears are huge, horses quite small). I'm redoing the hair so it's actually respecting the ears and I'm happy with the results, but getting everything to run around the ears properly is finicky.

Somewhat related, I've always wanted tigers and foxes to have real chin whiskers. I've put it off because getting the whiskers to blend well with the face is not something I've ever been successful at. Vanilla does do it tho, so I guess I should furry up and give it a go.

I also took some time out to add some features to the furrifier, including reading the BSClothExtraData because I'm a lazy sonofabitch and can't be arsed to add it to all the exported nifs by hand.

I'mma keep working on all that, but I'm putting off the far harbor quests because I don't have otters. (I thought Kasumi's family would be otters but it looks like not--I think just the islanders are otters.) So I might get started on them soon.

1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

There's also xml or ini files which list how different races respond to AAF events. The FFO races have already been added to AAF files--I dunno what the other mods need.

Can't really thing of anything else, it's the mods themselves that mess things up with their "GetIsRace HumanRace" checks used to tell humanoids/playable races apart from everything else (instead of using the ActorTypeNPC keyword as they probably should have).

Then again people are always gonna go for the easiest solution and most modders still don't even know custom races are a thing in FO4, so I guess this was bound to happen.

I'm running my playthrough and OMG I see what Blaze was talking about upthread with not enough variety in the template NPCs. Diamond City has two--two--template NPCs for the inside guards, which is why they're all deer or wolves.

The "groups that normally spawn with full face-covering gear" and "groups that have no/barely any different faces" Venn diagram is a circle. What I'm not sure is what came first: did Beth lazy out on different faces because those would always be covered, or did Beth make sure to cover up their faces because there are so few of them? Guess we'll never know. ?

Also there are no females.

In this case there's no female DC guard voice lines so it kinda makes sense. It's still on Beth for not adding them in the first place though.

I've got a new scheme for assigning races for unnamed NPCs which looks to see if their editor ID is numbered--"EncRaiderWasterM01", for example--and I use the number to pick the race. That way if there are 6, each will get a different race. (Named NPCs keep their current race.) That works well when there are enough template NPCs, but not when Beth just didn't give us enough, so I'm adding NPCs too.

Glad to hear that, lol; the recent additions to the face templates lists helped, but the more of those we have, the better.

I'm going through the hair again to fit it to heads and I'm wondering again if I should make more use of the facebones system. Problem is different races have more or less prominent jaws and brows, bigger and smaller ears. So headgear with chinstraps and hair especially are hard to fit. Doing one shape to fit them all isn't possible, so I'm having to make a lot of race-specific variants. Which is not that hard, but it offends me.

What I'm thinking is make one "canonical" furry head shape. For each race, weight facebones and warp the race's head to fit the canonical head. Remember the warp factor for each bone and apply the reverse in the furrifier and race presets to get back to the right head shape. That way it doesn't have to be precise or even look particularly good--just get the surface to wherever the canonical head surface is. Then weight the other head parts to respond to the same bones and they should follow the race facebones.

I don't know if I can make all the changes I need this way tho, especially the ears. The jaw and brows just need to be moved in and out roughly, but the ears are in very different positions (horse vs lykaios) and the attachment covers more or less of the head (snekdog ears are huge, horses quite small). I'm redoing the hair so it's actually respecting the ears and I'm happy with the results, but getting everything to run around the ears properly is finicky.

That sounds... pretty complex but the base idea itself seems solid. I guess the question is whether it can actually work out like that in practice.

Either way, glad to hear the hairs are being redone.

I also took some time out to add some features to the furrifier, including reading the BSClothExtraData because I'm a lazy sonofabitch and can't be arsed to add it to all the exported nifs by hand.

Wait, what does the furrifier have to do with BSClothExtraData? That's on the nifs, not the plugin. I don't follow. :classic_huh:

I'mma keep working on all that, but I'm putting off the far harbor quests because I don't have otters. (I thought Kasumi's family would be otters but it looks like not--I think just the islanders are otters.)

Honestly I see points for either. She being an otter (along with her family) among several species other than otters can explain her feelings of not-belonging and add on to why the whole "synth" thing could sound more plausible to her, and her family seems to be closely related with water so it kinda fits thematically.

On the other hand, there's nothing else to point to them not being long-time Commonwealth residents which would make more sense with them being "normal" races, and it would add on to the "uniqueness" of the Island, and it would support the very likely explanation of

Spoiler

Kasumi not being a synth considering it's never stated outright even if you ask the Railroad or the Institute and she doesn't drop a synth component but she can die (so it's unlikely to be an oversight "since she can't die anyway", moreso considering neither can Sturges and yet he still has the component assigned on his data).

So I might get started on them soon.

Do keep us updated then; I wonder how they will turn out in FO4.

8 hours ago, sett said:

Hardship works without problems, I haven't tried Harassment with the latest version of FFO, but I think it should work as well.

I'm having some trouble with CBBE, it's working just fine on outfits, presumably because they work vanilla, but I can't get it to work with the naked body. It's probably something really simple that I am missing. it generates fine in bodyslide preview but it doesn't apply in game. I'm using the female tiger player character.

1 hour ago, thewatcher1337 said:

I'm having some trouble with CBBE, it's working just fine on outfits, presumably because they work vanilla, but I can't get it to work with the naked body. It's probably something really simple that I am missing. it generates fine in bodyslide preview but it doesn't apply in game. I'm using the female tiger player character.

Assuming the trouble you're have is the in game bodyshape and nothing to do with textures?

Since you say the Outfits are working, I'll also assume that when you are in Bodyslide (the program) that you are using Batch Build to construct the meshes for the outfist, and Build for the actual body mesh (as skipping the plain build wouldn't build the mesh for the actual body and might explain why you don't have matching meshes for the actual body in comparison to the outfits).

5 hours ago, thewatcher1337 said:

Did you actually install and generate the BS sets from this mod? FF4 races use custom beast-feet bodies, so they will ignore any changes to the base/Human CBBE nude body. You'll have to generate the CBBE Bodyslide sets from this mod for changes to take effect.

9 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Did you actually install and generate the BS sets from this mod? FF4 races use custom beast-feet bodies, so they will ignore any changes to the base/Human CBBE nude body. You'll have to generate the CBBE Bodyslide sets from this mod for changes to take effect.

I did yeah, I've got an image here of the preview and the ingame, excuse the obvious use of Paint. I'm fairly sure I've done it right. oh and I should add as you can't see but the feet are working.

BSissue.png

Edited by thewatcher1337
more info
On 12/6/2021 at 10:06 AM, poblivion said:

Hardship works without problems, I haven't tried Harassment with the latest version of FFO, but I think it should work as well.

I just tested and both Hardship and Harassment have features that do not work when using this mod. For hardship the player is unable to proposition any NPCs due to a race check that is made preventing the conversation from being started. Harassment more or less does not function at all as during the scan for eligible NPCs it makes a race check that will always fail with this mod installed.

On 12/6/2021 at 4:31 AM, Blaze69 said:

Don't think they have.

I don't use AAF mods so I don't know what the mechanism used to detect races in those is, but chances are it's either 1) a FormList with human/humanlike races in it, 2) GetIsRace conditions in dialogue or quest data, or 3) GetIsRace conditions in the scripts.

1) should be easy to patch, 2) could be a bit tedious but should be easy as well, and 3) is doable but definitely a pain.

unsure about Hardship, but I know Harassment uses a check against an array of eligible races in the quest scripts but when I attempted to add entries to the array in Fo4Edit I was unable to add any additional entries and when I attempted to load the mod in the CK ,my CK would hard crash every time I attempted to access the quest for some reason

I have a Bug(?) with the Super Mutants (see picture) and would like to ask, if someone had the same problem and found a solution.

grafik.png.c924795a463945af632b04afe85dc293.pnggrafik.png.39897fbe649497c5ca890d46c9af2f59.png

As far as I know, there should be no other mod affecting them and I also tried to solve the problem by disabling every other mod in MO2 except the ones mentioned on the first page under Installation.

I should also mention, that since I’m not sure, if I need all the “Furry_Fallout_NPCs” and “Furry_Fallout_DLC_NPCs” files I deactivated all that MO2 marked as redundant. But this was also one of my attempts to fix it, so at least this shouldn’t be part of this specific problem.

1 hour ago, AbiOrionsson said:

I should also mention, that since I’m not sure, if I need all the “Furry_Fallout_NPCs” and “Furry_Fallout_DLC_NPCs” files I deactivated all that MO2 marked as redundant. But this was also one of my attempts to fix it, so at least this shouldn’t be part of this specific problem.

I'm... not quite sure what you mean? You must have the "NPCs" and "DLC NPCs" files installed and enabled for Super Mutants to be properly replaced, yes. They're not "redundant".

9 hours ago, sett said:

I just tested and both Hardship and Harassment have features that do not work when using this mod. For hardship the player is unable to proposition any NPCs due to a race check that is made preventing the conversation from being started. Harassment more or less does not function at all as during the scan for eligible NPCs it makes a race check that will always fail with this mod installed.

unsure about Hardship, but I know Harassment uses a check against an array of eligible races in the quest scripts but when I attempted to add entries to the array in Fo4Edit I was unable to add any additional entries and when I attempted to load the mod in the CK ,my CK would hard crash every time I attempted to access the quest for some reason

This is weird because everything works fine for me. Maybe I'm using a different version. I'm using the version HARDSHIP_1.5.9K.

You may have the wrong load order.

I tried "Harassment" for the last time with the early version of FFO, I'm not sure what version it was. This mod also worked, but it was annoying, so I uninstalled the mod.

As far as I know, one of the mods that didn't work was "AAF Violate", but the latest version already supports the FFO race.

Another mod that still does not officially support the FFO race is Human Resources. For this mod, I created a patch for my own use.

Spoiler

enb2021_12_8_15_55_40.jpg

Spoiler

enb2021_12_8_15_55_46.jpg

Spoiler

enb2021_12_8_15_55_53.jpg

Spoiler

enb2021_12_8_15_56_22.jpg

Spoiler

enb2021_12_8_15_57_08.jpg

Edited by poblivion
31 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

I'm... not quite sure what you mean? You must have the "NPCs" and "DLC NPCs" files installed and enabled for Super Mutants to be properly replaced, yes. They're not "redundant".

grafik.png.f84d8e7708df0d3d9d36b93e19908c4a.png

I meant the ones that are disabled in the screenshot but have no Idea if they are different versions or different files. I just called them files since it felt like the correct word, after downloading them all in one go from the linked google drive address.

Edit: I think I somehow managed to download the old versions by accident

Edited by AbiOrionsson