I've actually dealt with the FH headgear and it will be in the next rev. (Did I mention HOW EASY it is to do this stuff now? I made special otter variants of some headgear because their foreheads are lower than the other races and it's SO EASY.) 

I put it in its own ESP which wastes a slot, but seems like people aren't pushing their load order as much in FO4 as they did in skyrim.

Got the bugs, will deal. Mitch is just ugly. Also it's hard for the furrifier to come up with a better look than the basic otter head shape. (Say I, who designed the basic otter head shape.) 

Dunno what I think about the hair. Yeah, that orange doesn't do anything for me and there's a guy with bright yellow hair that I don't love. Did Beth decide that they'd go whacky on the FH hair? But the hair itself does help give each character a unique look. I'm doing the FH quests now (because otters) and ponder.

Okay, treat me like I'm stupid: What's wrong with DiMA in that pic? Tho I'm thinking anyway that he might need a new head based on the JAVELIN head.

Edit: Oh, the rodent vibe. Yeah, not my thing. I was actually wondering of the muzzle tints worked at all, thinking I should remove them or tone them down a whole bunch.

Edit 2: Damn, DiMA is supposed to have a head skin? Why? I think he looks better my way. I like the thing about revealing that the eyes aren't real orbs.

Edited by Bad Dog
1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

I've actually dealt with the FH headgear and it will be in the next rev.

Oh, looking forward to that, then.

(Did I mention HOW EASY it is to do this stuff now? I made special otter variants of some headgear because their foreheads are lower than the other races and it's SO EASY.) 

I think you have, but after working on Selachii head stuff using Nifly and seeing for myself, I don't even need convincing to believe it, lmao. :classic_rolleyes:

I put it in its own ESP which wastes a slot, but seems like people aren't pushing their load order as much in FO4 as they did in skyrim.

Mostly thanks to ESLs and ESL-tagged ESPs.

Speaking of which, you'll probably want to make the DLC gear plugin into a ESL-tagged ESP for that very reason.

I haven't suggested that for the NPC plugins before because it would probably require compacting FormIDs which in turn means re-exporting FaceGen since IDs will change, but since gear edits don't include FaceGen, there's no good reason not to do a "Compact FormIDs for ESL" pass before release, regardless of whether you actually add the ESL flag yourself or not.

Got the bugs, will deal. Mitch is just ugly. Also it's hard for the furrifier to come up with a better look than the basic otter head shape. (Say I, who designed the basic otter head shape.) 

Playing around with the snout (aka "MasterNose" bone) seems to give a tiny bit of leeway as long as you don't make it shorter than the default. But otherwise... yeah, not a ton of options there.

Dunno what I think about the hair. Yeah, that orange doesn't do anything for me and there's a guy with bright yellow hair that I don't love. Did Beth decide that they'd go whacky on the FH hair? But the hair itself does help give each character a unique look. I'm doing the FH quests now (because otters) and ponder.

As I said I'd much rather have most of them be "bald" (or I guess just go "natural") since the weird hair styles and colors ruin the aesthetic for me... but that could just be a "me" thing, though.

I do have to say Cellan have always been the species I'm pickiest about hair with, and I've only ever seen one (1) hair which I'd consider picking rather than natural/no hair (that being the "Citra Mohawk + Ponytail" from Lovely Hairstyles, precisely because it's very low-profile other than the actual ponytail itself).

Okay, treat me like I'm stupid: What's wrong with DiMA in that pic? Tho I'm thinking anyway that he might need a new head based on the JAVELIN head.

He's supposed to have an early-Gen-2-ish mannequin face shell like Nick's instead of just the Terminator skeleton face.

Edit: Oh, the rodent vibe. Yeah, not my thing. I was actually wondering of the muzzle tints worked at all, thinking I should remove them or tone them down a whole bunch.

Honestly I think it's cool that it worked out like that, and while I'd be willing to bet another race or morph is off the table for now (?), it's interesting to know this could serve as a base if we ever want to experiment in that direction. So I wouldn't get rid of it. ?

But I do see how it doesn't exactly mesh well with the intended "otter" vibe, so I'd understand if it was toned down at least for NPCs.

And yet in my game Sheffield is furry. I know cuz I have him running a supply route between Sanctuary and the RR. 

At one point I found two humans on the Prydwen. I chased them down in FO4Edit and there's just no way they could not be furry, and I hadn't seen them before. There's something weird going on but I haven't figured out what yet.

4 hours ago, Questiondeca said:

Found another human, this one I KNOW is not a DLC/Creation Club Character: Sheffield, the bum who can't drink alcohol anymore and begs for a Nuka Cola in Diamond City.

Install Better Console (if you don't have it already), select him in the console, and check the "LastBaseChange" entry in the bottom left. If it's not "FurryFalloutNPCs.esp", that means you have some other mod loading after FF4 and undoing its changes to his data.

7 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Install Better Console (if you don't have it already), select him in the console, and check the "LastBaseChange" entry in the bottom left. If it's not "FurryFalloutNPCs.esp", that means you have some other mod loading after FF4 and undoing its changes to his data.

Okay, looks like one of the SimSettlements 2 plugins (CSM's Vanilla Leaders pack I believe) I'll disable it to double check. Edit: Yep, suppose it makes some sense for a leader pack to have the mesh/textures in it.

Edited by Questiondeca
On 12/22/2021 at 4:01 PM, Bad Dog said:

Mitch is just ugly.

YES!!! He is freakin' HIDEOUS! The other otters are hella cuties, but Mitch is over there, lookin' like Ed from Ed Edd n' Eddy.

image.jpeg.216c375aa2ea5dd524963eb666beba4c.jpeg

Also, I just did the Automatron quest, and the Mechanist's helmet isn't fitted properly, so we got a tiger snoot and ears poking out of it, which while cute, I doubt is intended.

5 hours ago, 1337DragonWolf said:

Also, I just did the Automatron quest, and the Mechanist's helmet isn't fitted properly, so we got a tiger snoot and ears poking out of it, which while cute, I doubt is intended.

No DLC gear has been refit yet so while not intended, it should be expected for now until the refits are made and added to the mod.

31 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

I actually looked at that helmet and said WTF am I gonna do with that and left it. I suppose I'll have to figure something out. (I thought it knocked out the entire head, actually. FO4 must handle that differently.)

Spoiler

The Mechanist takes her helmet off if you can persuade her to do so, so I assume they have to have her head there so she can, kind of like how Danse puts on his helmet before leading you off to ArcJet Systems.

43 minutes ago, 1337DragonWolf said:

I'm getting ponytails (hair, not the horse-people's tails) stretching into oblivion. Any suggestions?

Is this while browsing hairs in LooksMenu? If so, it's a known bug from the vanilla game and you'll have to keep browsing other hairs and coming back to the ponytails until they stop bugging out and load properly.

Is this during normal gameplay on the player? Same bug as above, open and close the PipBoy menu and/or equip-and-unequip a hat or helmet until it stops bugging out.

Is this during normal gameplay on NPCs? It's probably the same bug as above too but I have no idea what to do then.

12 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

Is this while browsing hairs in LooksMenu? If so, it's a known bug from the vanilla game and you'll have to keep browsing other hairs and coming back to the ponytails until they stop bugging out and load properly.

Is this during normal gameplay on the player? Same bug as above, open and close the PipBoy menu and/or equip-and-unequip a hat or helmet until it stops bugging out.

Is this during normal gameplay on NPCs? It's probably the same bug as above too but I have no idea what to do then.

The third one...

Alright, first time replying to anything on this site.

Forgive me if this was already covered (I didn't go through all 36 pages so far since it was mostly seam/character-related complaints)...

I'm getting a CTD when using the NPC addon. The main Furry_Fallout file doesn't cause me any issues, but if I try to launch the game with the Vanilla NPC Addon (haven't tried the DLC addon yet), it crashes when trying to open the NEW/LOAD options in the main menu.

I have a fairly extensive load order (~390 mods), so I'm sure there's something conflicting. 
If there's no obvious fix, I can live without the NPCs also being beast races.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, tac-cat said:

I'm getting a CTD when using the NPC addon. The main Furry_Fallout file doesn't cause me any issues, but if I try to launch the game with the Vanilla NPC Addon (haven't tried the DLC addon yet), it crashes when trying to open the NEW/LOAD options in the main menu.

So, just to be sure, does the CTD happen right as you click either of those menu options, during the load screen after you click on them (and also select which save to load in the case of the LOAD option), or after it's done loading (e.g. loads for a while and when it looks like it's about to finish loading it CTDs)?

I have a fairly extensive load order (~390 mods), so I'm sure there's something conflicting. 
If there's no obvious fix, I can live without the NPCs also being beast races.

Shouldn't need to live without the NPC addon since it should work fine for everyone as it does on my end (and seemingly everybody else's). Could be a conflict indeed but I can't think of something that'd cause a crash in that specific situation.

Although we do seem to have at least one other CTD report that might be related to the NPC file somehow. ?

Do you have Buffout 4 installed? You should go and get it installed already if you don't (here's some useful info), it fixes a ton of bugs and crashes. If you do have it already, does the crash log give any relevant info? You can use the crash log auto-scanner to check it out.

Unrelated, but... something in that PFP looks familiar somehow. ?

1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

So, just to be sure, does the CTD happen right as you click either of those menu options, during the load screen after you click on them (and also select which save to load in the case of the LOAD option), or after it's done loading (e.g. loads for a while and when it looks like it's about to finish loading it CTDs)?

Actually, now that I think of it, it just happens at the main menu. I'm on a new system, used to getting CTDs due to mod conflictions in the 'SPECIAL' intro screens.
Just crashes after about 5-10 seconds of idly sitting in the menu, or if I hover over the saves.

1 hour ago, Blaze69 said:

Do you have Buffout 4 installed? You should go and get it installed already if you don't (here's some useful info), it fixes a ton of bugs and crashes. If you do have it already, does the crash log give any relevant info? You can use the crash log auto-scanner to check it out.

Actually, I do not. Will test it out and advise. 

Must be a coincidence )))))))))

EDIT #1: Alright, took me about an hour of bashing my head against my desk, but I did get Buffout 4 installed. Game still crashes as before. Here's the crash log:

crash-2021-12-25-19-03-25.log

Edited by tac-cat
imbecility

EDIT #1: Alright, took me about an hour of bashing my head against my desk, but I did get Buffout 4 installed. Game still crashes as before. Here's the crash log:

Okay, so, first things first. The log does point to a record from FurryFalloutNPCs, which in this case happens to be "EncWorkshopNPCMaleFarmer09b [NPC_:0024A02A]", aka a Settler face template which also happens to be a (non-feral) Ghoul in vanilla and which FF4 snekdog-ifies.

Not long ago, we had another user report a CTD that would happen whenever they tried to load into the game world, be it whether through a new game or loading a save, and their crash logs kept pointing to another vanilla formerly-Ghoul-now-Snekdog NPC (in their case it was Father Gabe from Union's Hope Cathedral). In their case, they reported having solved the crash by cleaning up their load order which had gotten scrambled somehow.

Now, an interesting fact about FF4 is that while it does include Snekdogs as a new race record (and that record is in fact used by the player when playing as one), vanilla Ghouls aren't changed to used that race; instead, the vanilla GhoulRace data is directly edited to make them look like Snekdogs even though they're technically still just vanilla Ghouls.

...but if you happen to have any other mod loading after FurryFalloutNPCs.esp and also changing the GhoulRace data, it will undo FF4's changes and restore the vanilla race data and looks. Which, considering FurryFallout4.esp is pretty high in your LO (slot 23 out of... 414, holy shit), is extremely likely to be the case, moreso considering you have mods like BLD which AFAIK do edit race data.

The crash log does mention Facegen-texture related functions as well, and FO4 is notoriously anal-retentive about chargen related stuff (meaning, wrong texture format/naming/size/format/compression/amount of mipmaps/whatever and bad shit starts happening). I'm thinking the game may be attempting to load the Snekdog-fit face data and/or meshes for former-Ghoul NPCs, but then it conflicts with the actual face data listed in the race (which is restored to vanilla's by one or more conflicting mods) and promptly having an aneurysm and dying.

So, the next step here would be to try placing FurryFallout4.esp at the absolute bottom of your load order to make sure it loads last and no other mod undoes its changes. If you're using MO2 it should be easy, just drag-and-drop to the bottom; if you're using Vortex I don't know the specifics but you have to make sure it loads after all the other plugins. And I do mean ALL of them. No exceptions. Try that and see if the CTD goes away.

TL;DR: move FurryFalloutNPCs.esp to the bottom of your load order and make sure it loads after ALL the other plugins. See if that helps.

------------------------------

In somewhat related news... holy fuck your mod list is a complete and absolute dumpster fire. You have several mods which are either grossly outdated (with newer alternatives available that work much better), known to cause CTDs, or both. That list is in serious need of some cleanup, pronto. I'd start by reading the How To Install Buffout 4 And Resolve Most Common Crash Logs guide thoroughly and the "LIST OF KNOWN MODS THAT FREQUENTLY CAUSE CRASHES" section in particular.

3 minutes ago, tac-cat said:

I figured out the issue. Seems like the NPC addon and Better Locational Damages conflict.

Point the First: ouch owie oof, ninja'd. :classic_wacko:

Point the Second: looks like I was right in my assumption above.

Point the Third: see last paragraph above.

6 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Point the First: ouch owie oof, ninja'd. :classic_wacko:

Point the Second: looks like I was right in my assumption above.

Point the Third: see last paragraph above.

Yeah, I had this coming. On my old system I started putting the modlist together for about.. eight months? Only reason for not updating everything is that I packed all of the mods into a ZIP so I could easily source them instead of having to locate 400-ish mods every time. 

I'll have to go through all of it for now but I can live without BLD. 

Cheers!

EDIT:

I've been using Vortex this whole time (laziness, sorry), and switching to MO2 and forcing the necessary files to be last in the order fixed it as well.
I feel incredible dumb but at least my game runs now!
Thanks!

Edited by tac-cat
I'm so smart (help)