4 minutes ago, scp1984 said:

I want to post this here in case anyone is having a similar issue to me, turns out body talk was overriding it. credit goes to this forum:https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6358451-managing-the-load-order/page-2

quote: 

Hide contents

I keep seeing topic after topic of Manual Load Ordering not being a part of Vortex.

I have been using Vortex for a couple days now and I have to tell you that Manual Load Ordering is there. It's just handled differently.

In Vortex to Manually change your load order;

grab the dependencies icon of the esp you want to move up or down, drag it to the esp you want to load it after. Release the icon.

a window will pop up giving you the rule you want to apply to the esp you moved.

You can either confirm it or cancel it and start over. If you confirm it, the rule will be applied and no matter how many times you run LOOT, that esp will not change positions.

If you want to remove that rule from the esp, it is a two click process, click the dependencies icon, click the (-) sign for the rule that was applied.

The nice thing is, you can set rules that wont change when running LOOT, but also, you can set global values for any esp to load higher or lower in the list.

These two forms of load ordering stack, giving you more control over plugins than you had with NMM.

Global values that are higher load lower in the load order (100) loads after (0), (-100) would load high in the load order.

Vortex is fast and easy once you get through the learning curve.

The one thing not YET available in Vortex is individual file conflict resolutions, meaning you  can not cherry pick the files from one mod to over ride the files of another mod. 

I did read where Tannin stated that was on the ToDo list.

I

just to add on to what you posted, individual file conflict resolutions are available now, just click on the conflict icon, click on "x conflicting file(s)", and then click "edit individual files".
As for the esp loading rules, I don't usually use those as I find mod groups more useful.

17 hours ago, ansfrr932 said:

Again with this falseness.

You can say it's easy all you like, fact remains that people with load order problems are mostly using Vortex, so much so that that is the first question to ask. I actually use LOOT for all my mod sorting, but I think experience shows that Vortex's attempt to hide it is a disaster. We'll see if the new scheme works better.

On 11/13/2021 at 8:17 AM, Blaze69 said:

Any ETA on the update that includes them?

Ghouls are in 1.2. Snekdogs will be in the next release. I like what I have enough that I'll just clean it up and let it go, so a week maybe. I'll make them a playable race option since I've done all the work for that already.

@Bad Dog Think you can post the latest version of the Furrifier script? I assume it'd have to be edited further before the next update to add support for snekdog-ifying Ghouls, but IIRC you already did some cleanup on the way the base script works, so it'd be nice to be able to have that last bit in the meantime.

The current public version is the one included in the base races download which came before the fixes happened unless I'm mistaken.

On 11/13/2021 at 3:47 AM, ansfrr932 said:

Final update on the missing bodies issue: It seems that the vertex colors flag is what makes the meshes not show up. Not sure why they even have it, but removing it (both in the BSSubIndexTriShape and BSLightingShaderProperty) using NIFscope makes the meshes work. Maybe this will help somebody else having this issue, but IDK how many users of FO4VR there even are here, lol.

Hello! I'm also modding FO4VR and I think that I'm having that issue too. Were you using FRIK for this bug to appear? Or the issue was affecting player and npc both.

Thank you for your insight about that bug, there is no much information about compatibility with FO4VR users.

3 hours ago, higo2 said:

Hello! I'm also modding FO4VR and I think that I'm having that issue too. Were you using FRIK for this bug to appear? Or the issue was affecting player and npc both.

Thank you for your insight about that bug, there is no much information about compatibility with FO4VR users.

I was using FRIK, did not test without it, but the issue affects NPC's (did not test player but it is safe to assume it's a global issue).
Another tip when modding Fallout VR: mods made for Fallout 4 under the latest CK have ESP's with version 1.0, you'll need to use FO4VREdit to change that to 0.95 (under the header) or they won't get loaded, usually resulting in a crash.

14 hours ago, ansfrr932 said:

I was using FRIK, did not test without it, but the issue affects NPC's (did not test player but it is safe to assume it's a global issue).
Another tip when modding Fallout VR: mods made for Fallout 4 under the latest CK have ESP's with version 1.0, you'll need to use FO4VREdit to change that to 0.95 (under the header) or they won't get loaded, usually resulting in a crash.

I can confirm that the issue is affecting player too xD. Didn't know bout that thing with the versions! I won't be able to troubleshoot for a while, but I'll check the versions and the flag things with the nifscope when I have the chance. I guess it needs to be done to every race, because in my case it was with the fox body, that was not in your list of affected races IIRC. 

Thank you for your help!

And thank you bad dog for your hard work and passion in this and your other projects! 

I got hung up on snekdog face tints this week. I'm kinda stupid--I worked up a bunch of tints for both sexes based on not much other than being similar to other tint sets. Then I set out to create some sample NPCs so as to figure out what the furrifier should do but trying to do anything creative and technical at the same time is always a disaster, so I backed off and did some sketching.

Spoiler

image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png

Which is all very well but they basically don't have anything at all to do with the tint masks I put together. So now I have to go back and do them all up all over again.

Edit: And I can't get rid of these two giant images so suck it, bitches.

image.png

image.png

Edited by Bad Dog
13 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

IIRC the eye shape is actually adjustable as a facebones morph, so it's under sculpt, not type. It's possible the UI doesn't provide access to rotation around the forward/back axis, which is likely what you want.

That will probably be it. It would only be much easier if it was done the same as for the Deer race. Here are a number of preset options to choose from.

That's why I asked if you would be willing to do it for the Lykaios race too.

Spoiler

enb2021_11_21_22_10_55.jpg.7717f865b3b8ebf23e707ed937004d91.jpg

Spoiler

enb2021_11_21_22_12_00.jpg.8266c1ad7f63e173463679f42e3657f4.jpg

Edited by poblivion
On 11/20/2021 at 5:53 PM, Bad Dog said:

I got hung up on snekdog face tints this week. I'm kinda stupid--I worked up a bunch of tints for both sexes based on not much other than being similar to other tint sets. Then I set out to create some sample NPCs so as to figure out what the furrifier should do but trying to do anything creative and technical at the same time is always a disaster, so I backed off and did some sketching.

Hide contents

image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png image.png  

Which is all very well but they basically don't have anything at all to do with the tint masks I put together. So now I have to go back and do them all up all over again.

Edit: And I can't get rid of these two giant images so suck it, bitches.

image.png

image.png

As far as I can see, these tints look wonderfully appropriate for snake patterns. Seems to open the door for interpretation of other exotic species being part of the hybrid DNA. Is there a set limit for colors to come across? I can definitely see an Azure blue, or lime green being viewed as a tropical snake hybrid.

1 hour ago, IceBlazeWinters said:

wouldn't you also need to do that with the female body as well? because by default, it shows tits and pussy.

Female bodies already have a "Nevernude" Bodyslide set available which adds an always-on black bikini.

Sure, go ahead. I like being asked, but all my stuff is free to reuse or build on as you please.

IN OTHER NEWS, new version up. This version replaces ghouls with snekdogs. And you can play as a snekdog if you like. They have pretty complete face tints but no morphs, so don't get frustrated trying. Eventually I'll either add morphs or take the controls away.

This is kinda-sorta functionality complete. What's left is

• Otters, which mostly just affects Far Harbor

Plus cleanup

• More and better vanilla hair, incorporate Apachii hair into the furrifier
  • Magnolia
  • Tune the auto-generated head morphs, mostly reducing the most extreme
  • More props, magazines, and set dressing
  • Lots of random glitches:
    • Deer face morphs not used in furrifier
    • Knight Varham 001c0fb7 is human
    • Female hyena foot textures wrong
    • Child skin doesn't match head
    • Check that male lykaios body matches the rest (pecs)
    • Remove vertex colors from all bodies
    • More baby Shaun variants

Edit: Oh, and snekdogs and cheetah both should have some sort of mane.

Edit: Oh again, also this:

• Child wrist seams are bad.
  • DLC headgear is not converted.
  • Supermutant meat caps and dismemberment are not working correctly yet
  • Synths don't get armor bits shot off and don't dismember correctly.

I think I got the packing right. Enjoy.

Edited by Bad Dog

Hey, I hate posting here for petty troubleshooting, but I'm gonna do it again. 

I can't seem to get BT3 figured out. I was able to make a good looking male body for my character, but clothing/armor still uses my vanilla body. I figured this was another case of just needing the original mod like with CBBE, but even with BT3 installed, clothing/armor is unaffected. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong here? 

4 hours ago, chaostech321 said:

Hey, I hate posting here for petty troubleshooting, but I'm gonna do it again. 

I can't seem to get BT3 figured out. I was able to make a good looking male body for my character, but clothing/armor still uses my vanilla body. I figured this was another case of just needing the original mod like with CBBE, but even with BT3 installed, clothing/armor is unaffected. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong here? 

You may have noticed that FFO4 uses unique bodies with paws.

You need a set of clothes that support BT3 and generate it in BodySlide. So far, there is no paw support clothing, so it will use the human body.

1 hour ago, poblivion said:

You may have noticed that FFO4 uses unique bodies with paws.

You need a set of clothes that support BT3 and generate it in BodySlide. So far, there is no paw support clothing, so it will use the human body.

I'm not blind, dude. Perhaps you misunderstand my question. I'm NOT looking for something that supports paws or bipedal legs. I just figured there would be some way to have the clothes meshes adjusted to the size of your BT3 body, the way that CBBE clothes on females are adjusted to the size of CBBE bodies. It has literally nothing to do with paws. BT3 allows you to do tweaks to your fat and muscle that the game doesn't recognize, meaning that if you use the muscle or fat sliders for BT3, you will appear much smaller wearing clothes than not wearing clothes and armor pieces will clip with your body. 

7 hours ago, chaostech321 said:

I can't seem to get BT3 figured out. I was able to make a good looking male body for my character, but clothing/armor still uses my vanilla body. I figured this was another case of just needing the original mod like with CBBE, but even with BT3 installed, clothing/armor is unaffected.

You need to get BT3 Bodyslide sets/conversions for the vanilla outfits, which AFAIK are not included in the main BT3 download (unlike the CBBE ones which are packed with CBBE). Dunno if they are available anywhere or you'll have for them to be made in the first place.

7 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

IN OTHER NEWS, new version up. This version replaces ghouls with snekdogs. And you can play as a snekdog if you like. They have pretty complete face tints but no morphs, so don't get frustrated trying. Eventually I'll either add morphs or take the controls away.

Awesome. Will take those for a spin and report back if I find anything.

7 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

This is kinda-sorta functionality complete. What's left is

• Otters, which mostly just affects Far Harbor

I'm guessing that's the next step, then? ?

3 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

I'm guessing [otters are] the next step, then?

Maybe. If folks weigh in that will affect my priorities.

Right now I have an issue with panthers and dremora on YA I want to fix--the holdup is because I, in my wisdom, decided to export a new panther head and separate it from the citrus heads and then forgot that all the scars would have to be redone. (Well, really I thought since I wasn't changing the head shape the scars would be fine. But they aren't.)

Which is kinda okay because I realized a while back with the new exporter generating the scars should be super-easy so now I get to test it out. 

Downside is it means regenerating all the patches, which is a huge pain.

But that reminds me for FO4--I haven't done anything with scars and blemishes. They done entirely with textures, I think so maybe they're easier? Anyway, at least Kellogg needs a scar, because it's mentioned, and I really should do a set for all the races.

Alright, @Bad Dog got some feedback for you so far:

Bug reports:

• Snekdogs are missing their FaceRegions .txts so you can't change eye color or stuff like that. I tried duplicating the Lykaios ones as a bandaid (since it seems like you used them as a base for facebones and stuff) and things started working again.
  • Snekdog eyes seemingly lack _FaceBones nifs.
  • Snekdog tails don't have the cloth/physics data so they remain static and bug out badly when crouching. Added the cloth data from the Horse tails and they seem to behave okay-ish now.
  • I see the NPC file edits GhoulRace to turn it into a snekdog duplicate (I guess you had your reasons for that?) and also thus adds GhoulRace to several FFO ArmorAddons so that they get matching headgear. You did not add the actual FFOSnekdogRace to those AAs, though, so playable/normal snekdogs won't get any fitting gear at all.
  • There's several vanilla ARMO records edited by FurryFallout.esp to add the custom FFO ArmorAddons that still have non-zero AA index values; I assume this is a leftover from when you thought those would be used to sort AAs, but as a result those items are invisible on humans. I can get you a list of IDs if you want, but the fix is simple: change all the indexes to 0 where appropriate.

Thoughts:

• As I said I used the Lykaios FaceRegions TXTs as placeholders and the resulting bone morphs worked out pretty well all things considered (other than the aforementioned lack of _FaceBones nifs for the eyes which should be easy to fix). I guess a custom-tailored facebones data would be better, but using the Lykaios one as placeholder in the meantime should work out.
  • I think it would be nice to have the option of loading the male snekdog face texture with the heavy scales on to females, and vice-versa with the light-scale female texture on males. There's ways to do that with the vanilla Complexion system, so I can look into how to implement it if you're up for adding it as customization options.
  • ...man those paints are pretty good indeed.

More on this as it happens. ?