1 hour ago, IceBlazeWinters said:

turning off a scrap mod and turning on a blank sanctuary mod, marcy and jun returned to being furs.

...why the fuck would a scrapping mod make edits to NPC data? :classic_huh:

Also that suggests the scrap mod was loading after the FurryFalloutNPCs plugin... which shouldn't happen. FF4's NPC plugins have the same rules as YA did: no other mods can load after them unless A) they're patches for FF4 and other mods/DLCs or B) it's a mod you've specifically been told by us to load after the FF4 NPC files.

5 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

...why the fuck would a scrapping mod make edits to NPC data? :classic_huh:

Also that suggests the scrap mod was loading after the FurryFalloutNPCs plugin... which shouldn't happen. FF4's NPC plugins have the same rules as YA did: no other mods can load after them unless A) they're patches for FF4 and other mods/DLCs or B) it's a mod you've specifically been told by us to load after the FF4 NPC files.

scrap everything is flagged to load at the very bottom of the load order and i don't know why it does this, it's how it was created.

11 hours ago, IceBlazeWinters said:

scrap everything is flagged to load at the very bottom of the load order and i don't know why it does this, it's how it was created.

You shouldn't use that mod anyway as it breaks precombines (which is very bad for the game).

If you want to flatten a settlement, find a mod that does so and explicitly mentions keeping/rebuilding precombines. If you can't find any, tough luck.

6 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Also, what's up with the PC losing the face tint? Other people seeing that? Any known fixes?

Known vanilla game issue (possibly engine-level), no way to fix it. Usually happens when you load a save so you can keep loading the same save until the tints load properly, which they should after a few tries.

Otherwise, the Rusty Face Fix mod is supposed to "fix" it by automatically refreshing the PC's skin tone via script whenever you load into the game (thus bumping the game into (re)loading tints properly and preventing you from seeing the bug when it does happen)... but I've had mixed results with it so it's not a definitive solution.

Final update on the missing bodies issue: It seems that the vertex colors flag is what makes the meshes not show up. Not sure why they even have it, but removing it (both in the BSSubIndexTriShape and BSLightingShaderProperty) using NIFscope makes the meshes work. Maybe this will help somebody else having this issue, but IDK how many users of FO4VR there even are here, lol.

I've seen that on PCs too, but maybe it's not consistent? If you note the nifs that have the problem I can fix them in the kit.

Hey, anybody want to do a look for Magnolia? The furrifier didn't do so well with her and I think she needs to be a bombshell.

2 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

I've seen that on PCs too, but maybe it's not consistent? If you note the nifs that have the problem I can fix them in the kit.

Hey, anybody want to do a look for Magnolia? The furrifier didn't do so well with her and I think she needs to be a bombshell.

IIRC the amelia (gen 1 synth) body, the deer bodies (including bodyslide shapes), and the cat bodies. There's some other ones as well I must have missed since I still get occasional "missing body" actors. Wish there was a script I could use or something...

Hey, has anybody tested this mod with a playable synth mod? I'm curious to see if it will work properly. 

On a side note, how easy do you think it would be to make synths one of the playable races? I have no experience with modding, so I have no idea if it would be easy or have a lot of technical problems. 

17 minutes ago, chaostech321 said:

On a side note, how easy do you think it would be to make synths one of the playable races?

Very easy considering both AMELIA (Gen 1) and JAVELIN (Gen 2) are playable races already and BD simply borrowed their assets. Grab the original mods off Nexus if you want to play as one.

7 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Had an unused LM character preset laying around so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Spoiler

Magnolia1.png

Magnolia2.png

Not great, but... better than the Furrifier output, I guess? ?

(Side note: the Agent X hair looks... surprisingly not-terrible here, other than the issue with the hairline seemingly starting at the brows which Horses and Deers always have with non-mohawk hairs. It also seems to match up my converted headwear pretty well, too).

She uses a custom eye record to keep her original (human) color so you'll want to copy it as override into the NPC file if/when you decide to use this one. No assets are needed since the texture is a vanilla human one and the mesh is unedited from the base FF4 ones, but the record itself needs to be kept.

FurryFalloutNPCs_Magnolia.7z

Hmm... a horse? But ya that looks pretty good. I'll see about getting her in there.

Edit: I tried to keep the core AMELIA and JAVELIN files cleanly separate from any edits I had to make, so there shouldn't be a problem. I think maybe the blue and red head textures were swapped. 

I'm doing a playthrough now with them and the new snekdog ghouls. I like the way their lights go out when you kill them.

Edited by Bad Dog
40 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Hmm... a horse?

It was that or a lioness, and TBH I didn't really picture her like that. At least not more so than a horse. :classic_huh:

I don't really have a lot of character presets for the FF4 races, lol. And most of the few ones I have just wouldn't fit her.

But ya that looks pretty good. I'll see about getting her in there.

Glad to have been of help there, lol.

I think maybe the blue and red head textures were swapped. 

I think those two colors are swapped indeed compared to the original AMELIA files to there may be some weirdness there.

I'm doing a playthrough now with them and the new snekdog ghouls. I like the way their lights go out when you kill them.

Any ETA on the update that includes them? :classic_rolleyes:

I'm assuming both the races master file and the NPC one will be updated, right? Or are they not supposed to be playable?

3 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Had an unused LM character preset laying around so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Reveal hidden contents

Magnolia1.png

Magnolia2.png

Not great, but... better than the Furrifier output, I guess? ?

(Side note: the Agent X hair looks... surprisingly not-terrible here, other than the issue with the hairline seemingly starting at the brows which Horses and Deers always have with non-mohawk hairs. It also seems to match up my converted headwear pretty well, too).

She uses a custom eye record to keep her original (human) color so you'll want to copy it as override into the NPC file if/when you decide to use this one. No assets are needed since the texture is a vanilla human one and the mesh is unedited from the base FF4 ones, but the record itself needs to be kept.

FurryFalloutNPCs_Magnolia.7z 1.81 MB · 1 download

who is this npc? 

Hey, I’m probably gonna sound dumb but can some one help me with installing? I’m using vortex, I’ve got all the requirements met, but the male option is still a human and the woman is a tiger who I can’t change, I didn’t download the npc options could that be effecting it? I’ve only got  38 mods, I don’t have any body mods that could be overlapping it other than the basic requirement listed in read here: so please help… ??

update: ok, figured out how to change race, but the guy is still human.

Edited by scp1984
22 minutes ago, scp1984 said:

Hey, I’m probably gonna sound dumb but can some one help me with installing? I’m using vortex, I’ve got all the requirements met, but the male option is still a human and the woman is a tiger who I can’t change, I didn’t download the npc options could that be effecting it? I’ve only got  38 mods, I don’t have any body mods that could be overlapping it other than the basic requirement listed in read here: so please help… ??

You only need to select one race for the player, only one ESP must be active. If you don't want NPCs to be human, you also have to install FurryFalloutNPC and if you have DLC, you also need FFO_NPC_DLC. If you use a mod to modify the appearance of a character or NPC, it may be in conflict with FFO4.

It is important that FFO4 are always at the bottom of the load order.

XX.png

43 minutes ago, poblivion said:

You only need to select one race for the player, only one ESP must be active. If you don't want NPCs to be human, you also have to install FurryFalloutNPC and if you have DLC, you also need FFO_NPC_DLC. If you use a mod to modify the appearance of a character or NPC, it may be in conflict with FFO4.

It is important that FFO4 are always at the bottom of the load order.

XX.png

Well I figured out how to select race,

the problem is that I want NPCs to be human but in the character creator screen the woman is the animal and the guy is the human, so I need the FurryFalloutNPC thing just to make the guy a Furry? Also I won’t be able to test it out till later tonight ?

38 minutes ago, scp1984 said:

Well I figured out how to select race,

the problem is that I want NPCs to be human but in the character creator screen the woman is the animal and the guy is the human, so I need the FurryFalloutNPC thing just to make the guy a Furry?

You have some other mod loading after the FF4 Player plugins and overwriting their changes to the base Player record.

Usually you would be using a sensible mod manager like Mod Organizer 2 and this would simply be a matter of drag-and-dropping the Player plugin to the bottom of your load order to make sure it loads last and wins any conflicts. Problem is, you're using Vortex. Nexus thinks you're too stupid to figure out load order sorting yourself so they force you to use LOOT with no way around it. LOOT is crap and cannot handle mods like FF4 properly, so it will always place other mods after them and cause their changes to be undone/overwritten (as you're seeing here).

So good luck with that. ?

Edited by Blaze69
19 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

You have some other mod loading after the FF4 Player plugins and overwriting their changes to the base Player record.

Usually you would be using a sensible mod manager like Mod Organizer 2 and this would simply be a matter of drag-and-dropping the Player plugin to the bottom of your load order to make sure it loads last and wins any conflicts. Problem is, you're using Vortex. Nexus thinks you're too stupid to figure out load order sorting yourself so they force you to use LOOT with no way around it. LOOT is crap and cannot handle mods like FF4 properly, so it will always place other mods after them and cause their changes to be undone/overwritten (as you're seeing here).

I see, I think I know a work around to that actually, I’ve got 300 Skyrim mods worth of experience, either that or I have to start deactivating mods, ?‍♂️ Thanks for the help!

7 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

Again with this falseness. To make FFO esps load after other plugins in Vortex, all you have to do is add a new plugin group, set it to load after the other groups, and put all the FFO esps in that. Barring any name chances to the esps or resetting of the masterlist, you shouldn't have to ever touch it again, even on different profiles.
Vortex is far more usable than some MO2 long-time users give it credit for, and is a perfectly valid mod manager for any playthrough.

5 hours ago, ansfrr932 said:

Vortex is far more usable than some MO2 long-time users give it credit for, and is a perfectly valid mod manager for any playthrough.

This is not the place to have that conversation, but...

The very second Nexus backtracks on the ridiculously retarded idea of forced LOOT sorting and adds "conventional" drag-and-drop-on-a-list manual sorting, Vortex will become acceptable. MO2 will still be better, but Vortex will at least be not-terribly-stupid.

As long as I cannot simply tell whatever user I'm doing support for "move this mod's plugin below all the others" and have them understand and do so right away as it happens with MO2 (or hell, even NMM), I won't consider Vortex acceptable because ain't nobody got time to jump through unnecessary hoops to do something that is basically one of the key parts of modding and has been since Morrowind.

I want to post this here in case anyone is having a similar issue to me, turns out body talk was overriding it. credit goes to this forum:https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6358451-managing-the-load-order/page-2

quote: 

Spoiler

I keep seeing topic after topic of Manual Load Ordering not being a part of Vortex.

I have been using Vortex for a couple days now and I have to tell you that Manual Load Ordering is there. It's just handled differently.

In Vortex to Manually change your load order;

grab the dependencies icon of the esp you want to move up or down, drag it to the esp you want to load it after. Release the icon.

a window will pop up giving you the rule you want to apply to the esp you moved.

You can either confirm it or cancel it and start over. If you confirm it, the rule will be applied and no matter how many times you run LOOT, that esp will not change positions.

If you want to remove that rule from the esp, it is a two click process, click the dependencies icon, click the (-) sign for the rule that was applied.

The nice thing is, you can set rules that wont change when running LOOT, but also, you can set global values for any esp to load higher or lower in the list.

These two forms of load ordering stack, giving you more control over plugins than you had with NMM.

Global values that are higher load lower in the load order (100) loads after (0), (-100) would load high in the load order.

Vortex is fast and easy once you get through the learning curve.

The one thing not YET available in Vortex is individual file conflict resolutions, meaning you  can not cherry pick the files from one mod to over ride the files of another mod. 

I did read where Tannin stated that was on the ToDo list.

I