35 minutes ago, Amiiboae said:

I'll try to disable them I thought it would prevent them from eating anyone at all. I do have cordyceps on so I'll try that. 

The real big issue though is the vomit error.

That's exactly what will happen. As it stands, there's no specific 'pred-only player' mode, so if you want to play that way you have to disable vore for NPCs altogether.

Unfortunately, the toggle for Cordyceps doesn't work in the current version. Until Mark can fix it in the next update, you may want to use the console to remove the perk - use "help cordyceps" to get the perk ID, then "player.removeperk <ID>" to remove it.

I've also been encountering the vomit error, but it doesn't seem to be a critical bug. Vomiting will still expel actors, albeit without visual effects.

14 minutes ago, InternIsla said:

Is Devourment.esp listed in your plugins?

Did you make sure to follow the instructions for the dependencies as written? Some dependencies - like SSE Engine Fixes - require you to unpack some files directly to your game directory, rather than installing them through your mod manager.

I triple-checked this and yes, all dependencies are in there, I had part 1 installed via the mod manager and manually installed part 2, I copy pasted the devourment.esp file into both plugin files, wait is there supposed to be 2 plugin files?
nope, still no changes.. augh

1 hour ago, InternIsla said:

That's exactly what will happen. As it stands, there's no specific 'pred-only player' mode, so if you want to play that way you have to disable vore for NPCs altogether.

Unfortunately, the toggle for Cordyceps doesn't work in the current version. Until Mark can fix it in the next update, you may want to use the console to remove the perk - use "help cordyceps" to get the perk ID, then "player.removeperk <ID>" to remove it.

I've also been encountering the vomit error, but it doesn't seem to be a critical bug. Vomiting will still expel actors, albeit without visual effects.

Okay thats good to know, thanks for your help! It's not too big a deal if npcs cant.

3 hours ago, HopefullyAnonymous said:

Doesn't seem to be a mod conflict. What would cause ONLY the core functionalities of Devourment to not work? (no MCM menu, vore spells and effects exist and work but vore itself doesn't)

Is this a possible installation error? both Vortex and manual installation have this problem.

JContainers being absent would definitely do it. Everything will choke if it's absent.

2 hours ago, TAImatem said:

seems like teleportations while devouring small creatures weren't fixed in 4.26
also, HUD is missing

I can't replicate the HUD problem.

Can you tell me a specific creature to test this with?

2 hours ago, HopefullyAnonymous said:

4/26 version is having the same problem - no MCM is present, vore spells exist but don't work

Are you testing this on a new game? And if so, are you giving Devourment at least ten or twenty seconds to initialize itself before you open the MCM?

Does Mia serve a purpose? She doesn't have anything for sale aside from soul gems and ipepac or whatever, which could probably be turned into a craftable potion instead. And most of the vore based spells seem to be auto-added with perks instead.
As funny as the idea of Jeb is, I don't think he really needs to exist either.

47 minutes ago, Seraph7289 said:

Does Mia serve a purpose? She doesn't have anything for sale aside from soul gems and ipepac or whatever, which could probably be turned into a craftable potion instead. And most of the vore based spells seem to be auto-added with perks instead.
As funny as the idea of Jeb is, I don't think he really needs to exist either.

Mia originally was the one who sold the times for vore spells, and she's a placeholder if we add any new vore items or spells for sale. She's also part of one of the Stranger Dialogue quests, which still exist in Gherking's add-on.

Jeb sells anything that gets left behind in vore remains. If an NPC with a quest item gets digested and you FusRohDah their pred into a ravine where they are forever lost, Jeb's the man to talk to.

Also, ipecac IS craftable.

Funnily enough, I didn't even know Jeb existed for the longest time because I use Open Cities, so the poor guy is just huddled up all alone in the empty Whiterun cell.

On a more relevant note, started a new game with the 4/26 version, and everything seems to be working.

There is one thing I'm curious about, though: when Become Your Killer activates, it applies all the appearance settings from your previous character to their pred. Is that intentional?

I am having some issues with the most recent version. I have been using an older version and decided to update. I did a clean update using a script cleaner, and I made sure I had no legacy files hanging around. 

The new player struggle mechanic you instituted doesn't seem to be working for the player on my end. It plays the struggle morph effect on the skeptic belly correctly when I do it, but the struggle bar doesn't actually fill. It's as if one system gets the key presses but the other doesn't.

I use 3PCO https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/18515 but it didn't cause problems with the prior system.

It doesn't appear to register internally as struggling, either, because using the strafe keys on the keyboard enough wont result in being released. I wasn't sure where to poke around in the code in order to fix this.

The NPC struggle and health sidebars work fine, so it's not the UI bugging up, just not the player struggle function.

I also noticed a bug in the manager script over several versions that has given me trouble with the single capacity option. 

This bit in PsuedoAI checks to see if the pred is full:

if asEventName == "HitFrame" && prey && akSource == pred  && pred.getDistance(prey) <= SwallowRange && (utility.randomFloat() < HitChance || (bleedoutVore && prey.isBleedingOut())) && !Manager.isFull(pred)

This is the function call that it uses:

bool Function IsFull(Actor pred)
{ Determines if the pred is full. }

if pred == none
        assertNotNone(PREFIX, "isFull", "pred", pred)
        return true

elseif multiPrey == MULTI_DISABLED
        if DEBUGGING
            if HasAnyPrey(pred)
                ConsoleUtil.PrintMessage(Namer(pred) + " is full.")
            else
                ConsoleUtil.PrintMessage(Namer(pred) + " isn't full.")
            endIf
        endIf
        return !HasAnyPrey(pred)

Vore only works for NPCs and Creatures against the player when return !HasAnyPrey(pred) is changed to return HasAnyPrey(pred) for me. 

And from a feature perspective, would it be possible to have a scaling option in the MCM for the creature morph bellies? They have become huge in the recent update, with a frostbite spider having a belly bigger than it is.

It also seems that the equipped bellies tend to stick out of the body for a bit after they are fully scaled down and the character expels their scat. Body physics tends to make these flap in and out of the body mesh in a jarring way. Would it be possible to remove them once they scale down fully or the character eliminates?  

I appreciate all your hard work, I fought with the old, original version of Devourment for a long time. 

9 hours ago, markdf said:

Are you testing this on a new game? And if so, are you giving Devourment at least ten or twenty seconds to initialize itself before you open the MCM?

Yes. I completed the entire "I want to escape this cell" section and never received any notification about Devourment.

The additional spells and effects exist, and function to some degree:

Miia is present, and her inventory is as it should be. Syrup of Ipecac has no description, though.

Vore dialogue exists but is inconsistent. It eventually narrows down to "Can I swallow you?" but seems to vary between NPC's. You can't ask most NPCs to swallow you.

Vore powers, spells, and effects all exist, but don't actually function. Retrovore is apparently considered an assault.

The MCM never includes Devourment, no matter how long you wait.

Spells are never distributed to the player (and possibly not to NPC's)

8 minutes ago, HopefullyAnonymous said:

Yes. I completed the entire "I want to escape this cell" section and never received any notification about Devourment.

The additional spells and effects exist, and function to some degree:

Miia is present, and her inventory is as it should be. Syrup of Ipecac has no description, though.

Vore dialogue exists but is inconsistent. It eventually narrows down to "Can I swallow you?" but seems to vary between NPC's. You can't ask most NPCs to swallow you.

Vore powers, spells, and effects all exist, but don't actually function. Retrovore is apparently considered an assault.

The MCM never includes Devourment, no matter how long you wait.

Spells are never distributed to the player (and possibly not to NPC's)

This isn't a problem with the mod. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say you either didn't install or improperly installed one or more of Devourment's requirements. Read descriptions carefully: some of the mods required by Devourment have requirements of their own that have to be satisfied for everything to work.

Also, dialogue was removed from the mod a little while ago. Any vore dialogue you see should be from an add-on, not Devourment itself.

How are you installing your mods? Are you using a mod manager, or manually installing?

23 hours ago, Username69420666 said:

I uninstalled all MM mods and reinstalled them, after a bit of loading everything now works, I still have no idea what I did wrong but sure whatever, now it's just figuring out why the belly's don't work

If you use BodySlide, make sure to build the belly meshes. The default bellies used by Devourment are MacrossF and MacrossM, if I'm not mistaken.

54 minutes ago, InternIsla said:

How are you installing your mods? Are you using a mod manager, or manually installing?

Mostly Vortex.

I'd be more inclined to believe that something has been installed improperly if not for the fact that the version I used in February worked perfectly fine. It's possible I botched the installation of Devourment itself...

Either there's a new dependency that I missed, or something went horribly wrong with the installation. The plugins are all present and activated, but a huge chunk of what should be in devourment.esp does not function.

Edit: I didn't have UiExtensions, but that has only partially fixed the problem. Troubleshooting inbound.

Vore spells now work, but the old hotkey to talk to your prey doesn't at all. I suspect that the dialogue is a stray file from a previous version.

Still don't know how it's not being added to the MCM.

Update: SKSE was out of date and NetScriptFramework is now throwing [27 Apr 2021 23:14:00.266] Unhandled native exception occurred at 0x7FF833610922 (gameoverlayrenderer64.dll+30922) on thread 59428!

The DLL loader is saying that Initialize() crashed for NetScriptFramework, which is apparently a problem with the new SKSE. Data\DLLPlugins\NetScriptFramework.Runtime.dll

12 hours ago, markdf said:

I can't replicate the HUD problem.

Can you tell me a specific creature to test this with?

by HUD I mean struggle/digestion bars, which don't seem to appear for me on 4.26, while it was working on 4.22 (FHD screen if that matters). Or rather they do appear on pre-existing save, but new ones don't get created even if I swallows someones then save and reload.

for teleportation I suppose easiest to find would be skeevers, basically whenever I swallow a living small creature I get teleported to some entrance. (teleportation issue seems to have appeared on 4.22)

UPD: Actually, I stand corrected: teleportation seems to happen only once per (old) save now, while it was happening everytime on 4.22

2 hours ago, HopefullyAnonymous said:

Mostly Vortex.

I'd be more inclined to believe that something has been installed improperly if not for the fact that the version I used in February worked perfectly fine. It's possible I botched the installation of Devourment itself...

Either there's a new dependency that I missed, or something went horribly wrong with the installation. The plugins are all present and activated, but a huge chunk of what should be in devourment.esp does not function.

Edit: I didn't have UiExtensions, but that has only partially fixed the problem. Troubleshooting inbound.

Vore spells now work, but the old hotkey to talk to your prey doesn't at all. I suspect that the dialogue is a stray file from a previous version.

Still don't know how it's not being added to the MCM.

Update: SKSE was out of date and NetScriptFramework is now throwing [27 Apr 2021 23:14:00.266] Unhandled native exception occurred at 0x7FF833610922 (gameoverlayrenderer64.dll+30922) on thread 59428!

The DLL loader is saying that Initialize() crashed for NetScriptFramework, which is apparently a problem with the new SKSE. Data\DLLPlugins\NetScriptFramework.Runtime.dll

Do you have a separate DLL loader? If so, you can remove it. The one in SSE Engine Fixes is perfectly good.