Ok, I've managed to assemble enough of the sause, and fill some fishy functions with ConsoleUtil.PrintMessage calls.

What I did:

1. Equipped ring of Augmentation and gave Diminution to follower.

2. Swallowed follower.
3. Threw her up.
4. Unequipped both rings.

5. Swallowed follower again.

Here's console screenshot:

Spoiler

oh.png.b55665e39ffedcde83e896a08c920758.png

(The line with PC vore weight being cleared was cropped by line limit.)

Problems:
A. Vore weight is not being un-cached on effect end. Follower was un-cached because of magic effect being re-applied on release.

B. GetActorValuePercentage doesn't return values above 1, so only thing augmentation can do is nulify diminution.

Next one will probably be on belly scaling. Btw, I'd appreciate any sort of response to my previous post. Ignore the first paragraph, that's just me not reading too closely.

Sorry to chime in on all the bug problems, but I've got another one, and this one hasn't been fixed by restarting.

Hopefully this shouldn't be too hard to pinpoint - it's very specific. Whenever I first vore something (in this case, a dead body) my camera gets permanently stuck in a very weird view, and I can no longer switch between third and first person. I zoom in to be just behind the head of my character, but can no longer move my camera up or down - any movement with my mouse will instead either spin my view, and character, around, or slightly zoom me in and out into my characters head.

Most game stuff seems untouched - I can't access the tab menu anymore, but everything else is working - combat, the favourites menu, shouts and spells, etc. I can even move around, just can't look up or down, or really see much of anything that isn't the back of my own head. I tried the tc trick in console, where you set the camera as ai controlled and then back to yourself, but that didn't change anything at all.

I'm not sure if this is a problem with the mod or a conflict with something else, but I haven't really added much of anything since I last used this - just updated to the latest Devourment build. It's a new game, so nothing related to that. Any help at all would be appreciated, even if it's just to point me in the direction of what kind of mods could be causing this through conflicts.

1 hour ago, redlan said:

Sorry to chime in on all the bug problems, but I've got another one, and this one hasn't been fixed by restarting.

Hopefully this shouldn't be too hard to pinpoint - it's very specific. Whenever I first vore something (in this case, a dead body) my camera gets permanently stuck in a very weird view, and I can no longer switch between third and first person. I zoom in to be just behind the head of my character, but can no longer move my camera up or down - any movement with my mouse will instead either spin my view, and character, around, or slightly zoom me in and out into my characters head.

Most game stuff seems untouched - I can't access the tab menu anymore, but everything else is working - combat, the favourites menu, shouts and spells, etc. I can even move around, just can't look up or down, or really see much of anything that isn't the back of my own head. I tried the tc trick in console, where you set the camera as ai controlled and then back to yourself, but that didn't change anything at all.

I'm not sure if this is a problem with the mod or a conflict with something else, but I haven't really added much of anything since I last used this - just updated to the latest Devourment build. It's a new game, so nothing related to that. Any help at all would be appreciated, even if it's just to point me in the direction of what kind of mods could be causing this through conflicts.

This happens to me too, except i play with a controller and switching views with that seems to unstick my camera. I have no clue what the cause is but if you have a controller you could plug it in. That might fix it.

I recently tested to see if Jebidiah would gather loot from ash piles as well. I confirmed he does, which I totally like btw. Though someone mentioned I should bring it to light here just in case it isn't intended and is indeed a bug.

I tested it by shoving the party shoes and clothes from the Thalmor Embassy mission into a pile of ash and waited. Awhile later I had them back through Jeb.

6 hours ago, SpaceSoap said:

This happens to me too, except i play with a controller and switching views with that seems to unstick my camera. I have no clue what the cause is but if you have a controller you could plug it in. That might fix it.

Thanks for the tip - I'll try that I guess? If I can remember where my controller is. I'm a diehard keyboard+mouse player though, so while the fix is appreciated I'm not sure my desire to play Skyrim can survive permanently switching to controller...

Hopefully this is a temporary problem/I figure out what mod is causing it!

12 minutes ago, redlan said:

Thanks for the tip - I'll try that I guess? If I can remember where my controller is. I'm a diehard keyboard+mouse player though, so while the fix is appreciated I'm not sure my desire to play Skyrim can survive permanently switching to controller...

I know it is something Mark has been working on, but Skyrim camera controls are notoriously fickle, so it might not be a fast fix.

In the meantime, you don't need to fully switch to the controller, should just be able to have it on hand, and if the issue occurs, just plug it in for a minute to reset the view, then take it back out.

However, if I'm reading your issue right, this is happening every time you swallow something? Because that definitely isn't base mod behavior. Are you using any camera mods?

20 hours ago, markdf said:

If you're gaining vore perks, then you're gaining Devourment levels. It's based on the vanilla system; for every five points of vore skill you gain, you go up a Vore level and gain a Vore perk.

Ooooh, I see. Thanks ^.^ Didn't know it was every five levels.

3 hours ago, Synake said:

I know it is something Mark has been working on, but Skyrim camera controls are notoriously fickle, so it might not be a fast fix.

In the meantime, you don't need to fully switch to the controller, should just be able to have it on hand, and if the issue occurs, just plug it in for a minute to reset the view, then take it back out.

However, if I'm reading your issue right, this is happening every time you swallow something? Because that definitely isn't base mod behavior. Are you using any camera mods?

Nothing that specifically effects the camera, no. It's why this is so weird to me. I've had this work with a veeery similar mod setup - and mods I've added since don't seem to change anything if I remove them.

Maybe Sexlab could be affecting the camera? Or the OSA/OSex/Ostim line of mods? But there's no reason for those to get involved in this...

The only other thing I can think of is maybe I've got it overwriting the wrong thing - but it's only overwriting CBBE, SoS and the Skeever skeleton file from XP32MSSE right now, and I don't see how those could cause any problems. :/

I suspect I'm probably just missing a patch somewhere, but it sure would be nice to find out exactly what I've done to my game to make it do this! Glad to hear Mark's working on camera issues generally though - I can honestly say that this is the most diligently attended mod I've ever seen. It's really impressive how much work he puts into it.

I can't be 100% since I've never actually used OSA, but they almost certainly would need to play around in the same areas of the engine as the camera controls.

Devourment is definitely not intentionally compatible with those mods (not to say it is necessarily going to be incompatible, they just aren't something that has been designed for/around).

Last I looked, OSex required it's own proprietary body to run, which I don't think would be directly compatible with our systems. Is that not the case anymore, or have you found it to be acceptable?

4 hours ago, redlan said:

In my tests (without a controller) toggling 3rd person / 1st person also fixes it. But I'd like to prevent it from happening at all.

It seems to be caused by two things:

1) ragdolling during the cannibalism animation

2) playing the crouched cannibalism animation directly using the animevent

10 minutes ago, Synake said:

I can't be 100% since I've never actually used OSA, but they almost certainly would need to play around in the same areas of the engine as the camera controls.

Devourment is definitely not intentionally compatible with those mods (not to say it is necessarily going to be incompatible, they just aren't something that has been designed for/around).

Last I looked, OSex required it's own proprietary body to run, which I don't think would be directly compatible with our systems. Is that not the case anymore, or have you found it to be acceptable?

Right, I guess I'm disabling that then! It's a fun system but I can live without it. Will go try that in a bit, and report back with the results.

Edit: To answer your question - I'm not sure I did have Osex installed last time I had Devourment working properly. Osex itself seems to be working mostly fine other than some animation blips, but I could definitely buy it being the thing interfering with everything else.

4 minutes ago, markdf said:

In my tests (without a controller) toggling 3rd person / 1st person also fixes it. But I'd like to prevent it from happening at all.

See that's really interesting, because my attempts to toggle 3rd person/1st person via mouse scroll-wheel literally didn't do anything. I wonder why we're getting different results for that specifically...

As I said above, I'll go try it out without the OSA etc. mods installed and see if that helps. In case it's relevant for you: the actual cannibalism animation seems to play fine, it's directly after that it all goes tits up, once I'm supposed to be back in direct control.

So it turns out I might be an idiot - I have spent my whole time playing Skyrim, since I bought it in 2011, without any knowledge that the F key could toggle your POV. I exclusively used my mouse for that.

So both the trick with the controller worked, and once I realised my own idiocy using the actual toggle key with a keyboard. It's still a bit of an annoying bug, but now much more in line with what Synake and markdf laid out, so I can rest easy in the knowledge that it's a known issue being worked on.

I will say that uninstalling the OSA/OSex/Ostim mods had zero effect on this particular bug, so I'm still not sure what's causing the issue in the first place. I'll keep looking though. Thanks all for your help (again)!

Finally, a couple of unrelated notes:

1. Despite having the spawn skulls features on (including the All NPCs toggle), skulls seem to spawn rarely if at all. Any idea why that might be?

2. Creatures no longer seem to be affected my the NPC swallow rate (or something else has changed) - where before if I turned that down I could play a 'pred' runthrough pretty easily, now I'm suddenly getting eaten by skeevers and digested in about 3 seconds. It's hilarious, but a noticeable change to before.

EDIT: For No. 1 here, I can confirm that no skulls at all are spawning from Devourment Refactor. The few skulls I have been getting all come from Gherkings Reformation AI mod. Not sure what's up with that...

Having a weird bug with the 4/22 version that has retroactively exploded my other versions. All game data is present, but no character has been granted any abilities or spells, and even when manually applied, the spell doesn't function (but still counts as an assault and give EXP, so SOMETHING is working properly). Affects new characters as well as old ones.

The MCM menu and base functionality are both missing. I used the instructional video. Is this an error from using the development version, or is there a better explanation?

It's far from the only mod I have installed, but I'm not aware of any that would be causing this.

I've had an issue occurring from 04/18 to 04/22 where regurgitation always brings up a vomit error whether it's from me or an npc, it still happens, it just throws an error so I can't clearly see what's gone wrong.

Also my struggle mechanic stopped working so being swallowed no matter what means im done for. Being swallowed and swapping spells or anything of the sort like weapons will cause the select sound to play extremely fast over and over until it overlaps and becomes loud and terrible, though rolling back a save fixes it.

Also, is there a way to not get swallowed at all? Since I've set the npc swallow chance to its lowest setting, it actually happens very very often. In combat if I'm not going full send I'll get eaten by whatever gets too close for too long.

I haven't tried to reset the mod since it says I'll lose all of my progress and setting the level through console doesn't reflect the change neither in the mcm nor in regular gameplay. For instance I can set my prey skill to 80 and add all perks, but if my enemy gets a single opportunity its mostly always successful and I'll digest at light speed.

7 hours ago, markdf said:

Actually for some reason it didn't happen to me few times (that is camera didn't zoom in and then normally returned to FPV). Not sure why it worked "normally" though, but pretty sure I was facing a wall at least once

1 hour ago, Amiiboae said:

Also, is there a way to not get swallowed at all? Since I've set the npc swallow chance to its lowest setting, it actually happens very very often. In combat if I'm not going full send I'll get eaten by whatever gets too close for too long.

pretty sure you can just disable all types of preds in MCM

1 hour ago, Amiiboae said:

Also my struggle mechanic stopped working so being swallowed no matter what means im done for. Being swallowed and swapping spells or anything of the sort like weapons will cause the select sound to play extremely fast over and over until it overlaps and becomes loud and terrible, though rolling back a save fixes it.

Do you have Cordyceps perk?

35 minutes ago, Username69420666 said:

not sure what I'm doing wrong but for some reason I can't see any spells, I think everything has been downloaded and installed correctly, what should I do

Did you install all the dependencies listed in the description?

Did you check the Powers section in the magic menu?

Is Devourment showing up in your Mod Configuration menu?

6 minutes ago, InternIsla said:

Did you install all the dependencies listed in the description?

Did you check the Powers section in the magic menu?

Is Devourment showing up in your Mod Configuration menu?

the only ones showing up in the MCM is sky ui and XPMSE, I'll check the dependencies again but I followed the tutorial so I should have everything
yup, got all the mods, the folder is showing up twice in NMM, so that could be why but I'm not sure what happened there

27 minutes ago, Username69420666 said:

the only ones showing up in the MCM is sky ui and XPMSE, I'll check the dependencies again but I followed the tutorial so I should have everything
yup, got all the mods, the folder is showing up twice in NMM, so that could be why but I'm not sure what happened there

It's possible that NMM installed it improperly. You should probably be using Mod Organizer 2 or Vortex instead; NMM isn't supported anymore.

12 hours ago, TAImatem said:

pretty sure you can just disable all types of preds in MCM

Do you have Cordyceps perk?

I'll try to disable them I thought it would prevent them from eating anyone at all. I do have cordyceps on so I'll try that. 

The real big issue though is the vomit error.

10 minutes ago, Username69420666 said:

yeah I have no idea what I'm doing wrong but Devourment isn't installing or whatever, is there anyway I can check game files or is there any steps I

'm missing cause I have all the other mods working I tihnk? it's just this one that won't

Is Devourment.esp listed in your plugins?

Did you make sure to follow the instructions for the dependencies as written? Some dependencies - like SSE Engine Fixes - require you to unpack some files directly to your game directory, rather than installing them through your mod manager.