I figured I maybe just had a download bug or something, but I have tried a few times to install it and it gives the same error every time.  More than likely your manual update bypassed the xml file bug or something.  I have no idea what else to say, I am just stringing words that makes sense in my head

4 minutes ago, InternIsla said:

After some poking around, I found that it's caused by an oversight in the FOMOD module configuration.

Yeah, it's a problem with the FOMOD XML, so it will only affect someone installing with a mod manager.

If anyone is having trouble installing the latest version with a mod manager and doesn't mind taking things into their own hands, I've attached a corrected version of the FOMOD module config. Just unpack the mod archive, put the XML file inside the 'fomod' folder (overwriting the included one), then repack it (I recommend using 7Zip to make it a 7Z file like it originally is) and put it into your mod manager. Then the FOMOD wizard should work correctly and let you install.

ModuleConfig.xml 9.79 kB · 1 download

Thanks for that, I posted my response to someone else at the same time as you apparently or something though XD

I feel like I'm installing Devourment itself improperly, somehow. I double-checked, all requirements listed are installed properly and up to date. The video provided really just copies everything into the Data folder of SSE and it works on his first try, then includes some Optional data. I don't know how that could *not* work for me.

Nope, 4/29 version randomly decided to work. Everything's suddenly fine.

Ok, that's really weird but does explain what's going on.

The mod is EXTREMELY finicky with save files. It won't even register itself into the MCM unless it's a brand spanking new save file - and that's WITH the new version. The save that uses the old version I was having trouble with won't work, either. It doesn't get registered into the MCM and things like Devourment Settings don't work.

I do not know if this is intentional, previous versions of the mod and its predecessors do not do this. Is this a bug? Or did you find that introducing Devourment to a save game broke something?

To be clear, I WAS using fresh saves. Just now, fresh saves work, and old saves still don't.

11 minutes ago, LinksSword said:

i assume once you get stronger in vore perks it becomes less of a nightmare to fight any npcs then right? because man its basically game over if i get caught at a level 2 and with barely any vore perks.

That's what the difficulty setting presets are for.

14 minutes ago, LinksSword said:

how exactly is sexlab supported in this? do you mean some animations can cause vore?

There are a few stomach-dialogue options that will trigger sexlab masturbation scenes.

Devourment will stop processing any NPC who is involved in a sexlab scene (prevents accidentally vomiting out prey mid-coitus).

There were some dialogue options in which the pred and prey kiss before swallowing, but they've been moved to Gherking's addon along with the rest of the Stranger Dialogue; I don't know if he's kept them or not.

2 minutes ago, markdf said:

That's what the difficulty setting presets are for.

i guess i gotta go lower i was using default i hate to know what the higher difficulty is like, i already gotta play hit and run/ shoot arrows from distant and keep my distant at all time because of how often they get me.

also cant imagine this mod would be very compatible with other mods like devious devices or cursed loot or any of the rape mods that would cause errors if a vore event was going on, then again you could just disable vore for everyone except npcs in that case i guess.

19 minutes ago, LinksSword said:

also cant imagine this mod would be very compatible with other mods like devious devices or cursed loot or any of the rape mods that would cause errors if a vore event was going on, then again you could just disable vore for everyone except npcs in that case i guess.

That's exactly why Devourment doesn't process anyone involved in a scene. But there's still room for improvement there.

20 hours ago, markdf said:

When a Sexlab animation is running, Devourment completely avoids doing any processing on the actors at all. 

BellyPort is supposed to have a beam so that you can see where it's aimed. I'll take a look at it.

I figured it did, and I suppose that does make sense. Is there not some way to at least have the SFX continue to play through? It's a bit silly that they just stop playing, given what this mod is for (100% fetish fuel/material).

I've never once seen a beam for Bellyport, so that may be a good idea. Either it's not there at all, or it's easy to miss.

I was also wondering how one would alter the max locus scaling options, because I for one am into ridiculous, game-breaking sizes and would love to be able to alter things so the breasts, for instance, could grow more than 20x.

15 minutes ago, vincentoroscoe said:

I figured it did, and I suppose that does make sense. Is there not some way to at least have the SFX continue to play through? It's a bit silly that they just stop playing, given what this mod is for (100% fetish fuel/material).

I've never once seen a beam for Bellyport, so that may be a good idea. Either it's not there at all, or it's easy to miss.

I was also wondering how one would alter the max locus scaling options, because I for one am into ridiculous, game-breaking sizes and would love to be able to alter things so the breasts, for instance, could grow more than 20x.

I can definitely increase the upper limit on those sliders.

Most of the sound effects SHOULD keep playing though -- it's just the ones that get triggered periodically (the burps and gurgles) that wont happen. The normal digestion-sounds loop should keep going. And isn't that realistic? During sex, most people will hold in their farts even when they're on the verge of getting diverticulitis. It's quite extraordinary, really.

Rather than a beam, I made the following changes to BellyPort:

1. It casts much faster, making it much easier to aim. 
  2. It has an area of effect, so you don't have to aim perfectly.
  3. It has a visible explosion, which I think was missing previously.

I had a thought for a feature, if you are looking for ideas. A while back, I modified one of the earlier versions so that the absorption option with items added to the player inventory as an option provided an inventory window, instead of adding everything, so you could just take what you want. It helped to avoid some inventory clutter. 

I recall that I had to do some workarounds after so that a pile was dropped so that the player could get their gear back after Death Alternative's reincarnation ran through and the player got back. 

14 minutes ago, Clintbeastwood115 said:

again no UI anymore on the top right showing the dmg and struggle/ health left ton prey? nor digesting timer? Tested out with using an older version with the UI still working then updated it but when it came back and digested the prey, the UI doesn't move or anything its just there same. @markdf is this a bug or u just removed the UI? 

No, I did not remove part of the UI. I'm not sure why it sometimes disappears for some people. It's never happened for me. Are you using Vortex?

43 minutes ago, Clintbeastwood115 said:

continuing to reinstall it via vortex does not fix it :C i guess im stuck in /22

The reason I asked if you use vortex is that vortex is known to change the priorities of mods when you install or update anything. The UI component Refactor uses for those bars appears in other mods, but they may not all have the same version. Similarly, the scripts for managing them also appear in another mod -- Frostfall, from whence I took them. But again they may not be the same version (since various third party patches replace many of frostfall's files).

If I had to take a wild guess as to why you're having this problem, that would be the guess. But it's definitely just a guess.

46 minutes ago, markdf said:

The reason I asked if you use vortex is that vortex is known to change the priorities of mods when you install or update anything. The UI component Refactor uses for those bars appears in other mods, but they may not all have the same version. Similarly, the scripts for managing them also appear in another mod -- Frostfall, from whence I took them. But again they may not be the same version (since various third party patches replace many of frostfall's files).

If I had to take a wild guess as to why you're having this problem, that would be the guess. But it's definitely just a guess.

i started a brand new character just to check and the UI is there but going back to the main character its gone :C i do not have frostfall actually, i really don't want to start over on the current character XD i prob wasted 100 hours total whenever an update changes too much have to make a new one and i was hoping this update wouldn't cause any problems but that stupid UI is the only thing ruining me reee

9 hours ago, Clintbeastwood115 said:

i started a brand new character just to check and the UI is there but going back to the main character its gone :C i do not have frostfall actually, i really don't want to start over on the current character XD i prob wasted 100 hours total whenever an update changes too much have to make a new one and i was hoping this update wouldn't cause any problems but that stupid UI is the only thing ruining me reee

Can you PM me a papyrus log from a session where the progress bars are missing?