A new Gameplay and Story focused slavery mod [Development and Discussion Thread]

In this threat I want to present the concept of a gameplay and story focused slavery mod I plan to write, discuss the features and ask for feedback in general.

The main idea is when the PC is defeated in combat, they’re enslaved by the respective group of enemies. There could also be a mechanic that a broke PC has to sell themselves into slavery to pay a bounty instead of going to jail.

Also, the mod is planned to be gender agnostic and work with male and female players. You’ll be able to simply toggle the genders that can engage sexually with the PC after your liking.

In the following I’ll use the term “bandits” synonymously for all humanoid enemy factions.

The new take at slavery I’ve in mind is to take a step back from pure sex-slavery and focus on quest-like content to keep the player engaged and make the sex scenes more rewarding. Introducing Tasks: While enslaved, the player is put to work and gets tasks to complete. Those are simple works, like collect trash, craft items, remove corpses (probably from the fight the PC originally lost), and so on. Tasks have to be completed within a time limit and at the enslavement location. In between, the bandits can come along and either convince/ coerce the PC to have sex or rape them instead.

I’m thinking about that every captor could have its own disposition rating towards the PC and doing favors for them or having sex improves it. NPC that like the player that are nice on them. Once the disposition is high enough, they might help the PC to escape or even fall in love and escape together. It could be interesting to have to decide whether to give in to sex with a bandit, but fail a task and risk punishment or finish in time and rise in the eyes of the boss.

During the enslavement I want to go without a hard leash-mechanic that prevents the player from moving around freely. The PC can always try to run away, but once they leave the location enemies are spawned in to catch and bring them back. When the PC manages to flee, hunter teams might appear outside of cities for the next three days or so to get them back. The hunter parties get larger and wait for longer the more trusted the PC was as a slave.

After some time doing tasks, the player earns more trust and gets assigned Missions. Those are larger and more independent orders. Missions have a significantly longer time limit and happen outside of the enslavement location (and are therefore a good opportunity to escape). They are complex things like:

•     distract the gate guards so a raid party can enter a city,
  •     during a deal with another bandit group: the bosses are negotiating and the men of both sides wait around and start provoking each other. The PC has to calm the men so they won’t start fighting (dances, sex, masturbation shows, etc.)
  •     be whored out to other bandit camps or towns and pickpocket the clients or collect intel from a rival bandit camp

With missions the player is encouraged to commit crimes and amount a bounty in the current hold, to make it feel like changing sides and becoming a part of the outlaws.

Once completed enough missions, the PC becomes an acknowledged member of the enslaving faction, but still at the lowest official rank. This means effectively the end of the enslavement scenario. The PC can now leave their owner and return at will and repeatedly do missions without a time limit. This is than basically bandit gameplay in which you still can play the vanilla questlines.

If not completing tasks the player gets punished through rape, being thrown in a cell with skeever or dogs (that rape them), is whored out to lowlifes publicly, or simply tortured by beatings or magic electro shocks.

If the Player stays disobedient, they are eventually sold to a mine or a farm. This idea is relatively new for me so I’ve not a lot of things in my mind that could happen there. My initial ideas are like: bring crops and ore to a vendor to sell, pleasure the workers, mine or farm, deliver orders to a smith, cook for the owner, etc. If anybody has more ideal, I’d like to hear them.

Now, since I’m personally not into hard BDSM, devious devices, torture or other extreme fetishes, I don’t plan to incorporate those into the mod. But I want to provide the code to make it easy for plugin mods to add that kind of content. For this I could need some help from other modders, because I have no idea how to go about this.

That are my ideas so far. If you have any ideas, advice, inspiration or just want to encourage me to pull this though, feel free to post them :]

This earns a resounding "Fuck yes" from me.

I imagine working with some mild-to-spicy indoctrination and inundation elements (haircuts, Slavetats integration, group-specific armors, drugging, even dialogue-based "shows of fealty" that demean or debase the PC) would be a great addition.

I can tell that the aspect you're focusing on is having an actual feeling of weight and consequence to the PC's actions.  I feel you there: too many mods before this kinda let the game "forget" the stuff your character's done or endured, and barely ever gets more severe than saying "Go ahead and kill that guy, y'know, if you wanna get your old stuff back."

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the idea. I actually have been thinking about something similar. What if after the PC was defeated and knocked out, the PC get teleported to a locked cell. Where the bandits do various things to the PC and followers, I.e. make followers have sex with PC and bandits, force fed skooma so PC become skooma whore, etc. After one day of having fun with the PC, the PC and party get teleported to an area near where thr PC was defeated. The PC is then free to go about their adventure... Except that they are required to report to their captor every few days or so where similar tasks or punishments occurs again until they can buy their way out of slavery or steal the key or some kinda of mcgriffon. This way, the players doesnt have to stop playing the game ans exploring other content completely during slavery.

I'm thinking of a few ways to enforce the slavery aspect. It can be a severe debuff that kicks in after the time limit, maybe an escalating bounty, maybe auto teleport PC when they sleep in a city/inn. This way, it would motivate players to resolve the slavery but doesnt make it halt gameplay completely.

Either way, I love that idea and i support you wholeheartedly!

• 3 weeks later...

I had a bunch ideas on the subject. You can check that thread, and you're allowed to use every idea on that :

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/156134-radiant-slavery/?tab=comments#comment-3187332

I really don't have a lot of time, and as I have no codding knowledge, I would have to start from ground 0, which make it unlikely I may work on this soon.

On important things I considered :

There is pre existing mods or systems : debt or the pet collar.

I had a specific idea for trolls and falmers : if the PC would be defeated by such monsters, they would be marked by a scent, and as long as they are marked by that scent, they would be more likely to be kidnapped/assaulted by falmer and trolls.
  Falmers being extra sneaky, they could even kidnapp the dragonborn during her sleep in a city.

I'm also more in domination and boundage, but really dislike sadism, so I had all those ideas in that context.
 Debt, being sold with simple slavery.

I had a simple idea of way of enslavement : player had to pay X debt before X time or being send to simple slavery as did loan shark. 
 A possible end to a slavery is simply a debug message telling the player that the PC have been freed by some mercenaries (or the companions) and ending with a debt to pay or being sold back.

• 2 weeks later...

I loved the idea and in fact I'm planning to try to create a mod setup for a survivalist Skyrim with lots of mysoginy (rape, torture, spanking and sex slavery) for a long gameplay.

A few suggestions:

- Using jails (possibly custom jails with restraint stuff, like a chain to the neck or whatever) to hold the PC when "not in use" (not being used for sex or performing any task), progressing to allowing the use of a cushion and a bed (if avaliable in the slavery location) on higher levels of "confidence".

- An idea that might be a little too bothersome but would enable an immersive gameplay is having doors in each and every dungeon. The PC is restricted from fleeing by locked doors that can only be unlocked with keys, held by the chief of the bandits. Well, something along those lines: unpickable doors to trap the PC into the slavery zone with a possible key to find and flee.

- Captured fugitives should be dealt with with increasing penalties. Slave tattoos, spankings and perhaps more gameplay-altering penalties (maybe losing levels or applying a long-time debuff as a result of a severe spanking) that makes the player think twice before trying to scape. 

I'd also suggest making such mod an integration to slavery mods in the sense that the bandits show up to auctions and can buy the player. It'd also be cool if there is a chance that when a guard capture the PC he will sell the PC as a slave instead of taking it to jail (maybe just high reward and captured outdoors or something like that).

• 3 weeks later...

This sounds incredible! It's very much like a mod I've been working on in my head, except I can't write mods so it'll never see the light of day...

I'll throw out a bunch of random ideas and thoughts (some of which have likely been suggested), please take what you will.

Things for a Slave to Do

• Feed Your Owners: Collect X cabbage + whatever else is required and cook X cabbage soup and hand in to someone. The recipes could vary depending on the owner group. The ingredients could be kept in a location owned by the gang, they could be placed as something to steal, or it would be the player's problem to obtain the ingredients. After the first iteration, this could be a requirement for every day before some specific time.
  • Clothe / Arm Your Owners: similar to the feeding one - craft clothing, armour, arrows and sharpen weapons for them.
  • Messenger/ Gopher: Deliver a message (could take a cue from Submissive Lola's memory game there)/ or an item from one member of the gang to the other, or to accomplishes in the city.
  • Collect Firewood for the group's fire. Build a campfire and ensure it's never out (this will have a requirement for campfires obviously).
  • Distract an Enemy by fucking them while the owners do something else.
  • Sexual favours: this could be an activity in and of itself and/ or a random chance could be added to different stages of any other activity.
  • Bait: hang out by yourself somewhere to attract the attention of enemies. Once they attack, your owners will ambush. Hopefully they do so in time.
  • Experimental Subject: Necromancers and other magically inclined owners could conduct experiments on you - cast spells on you, make you drink weird potions
  • Wear This: owners could demand  their slave wear a specific outfit. They could change their minds at times too. Different member of the bandit group could demand different outfits, leaving it up to the slave to switch depending on who's around. Messing up could lead to consequences. A minor punishment could include being forbidden from wearing shoes (or other items) or armour.
  • Horse Thief: Go steal a horse and ride it back to your owners.

Other Ideas

• If you fail to comply with the requirements of your owners you could be sold directly to another group, or simply handed back to simple slavery.
  • There could be a chance that a hold bounty is added to you every day, since you're associating with bandits.
  • Supplies are limited and slaves are low priority. Therefore they must ask permission before they eat anything or drink alcohol. If they eat/ drink without permission granted (say within the last 2 or 5 minutes) they face the consequences [this is obviously more meaningful if you have a needs mod].
  • If the slave misbehaves or disappoints they risk being whipped/ beaten.

Anyhow... this sounds interesting. Hopefully you make it so it ends up being available in SE :)

On 4/12/2021 at 1:04 AM, Dervecna said:

Captured fugitives should be dealt with with increasing penalties. Slave tattoos, spankings and perhaps more gameplay-altering penalties (maybe losing levels or applying a long-time debuff as a result of a severe spanking) that makes the player think twice before trying to scape. 

IIRC Punishing Lashes allows you to configure various penalties (including permanent ones) for being whipped. It may be enough to just have the slave be whipped, and the player can configure penalties in PL. Potentially less work for Guffel that way as well.

• 2 weeks later...

@DeepBlueFrog

Aha, it's this spirit of your mods that makes 'em so impactful!

If you could start SD all over from a conceptual stage (or reboot it as what it's trying to be), what sort of features would + could you implement?

I'm not trying to veer too far away from the focus of this thread, but it'd be great to hear your understanding of 1) what's possible, 2) what's practical, and 3) what would've been done differently.

6 hours ago, VenomousOuroboros said:

@DeepBlueFrog

Aha, it's this spirit of your mods that makes 'em so impactful!

If you could start SD all over from a conceptual stage (or reboot it as what it's trying to be), what sort of features would + could you implement?

I'm not trying to veer too far away from the focus of this thread, but it'd be great to hear your understanding of 1) what's possible, 2) what's practical, and 3) what would've been done differently.

Sure.. I can share a few lessons learned.

In no particular order:

- Generic enslavement for any NPC as an owner is hard for multiple reasons. Focus on a couple of slavery related factions, with unique NPCs and locations. That will give you better control on relationships between factions members and will open up the possibility of more unique quests. Mods like project AHO, Wolfclub, Captive Dreams, Death Alternative Scenarios do that well.

- Even if you are not into BDSM, Devious Devices as a framework is pretty much unavoidable if you want solid management of bindings. Otherwise, you are looking to implement you own system, with the compatibility issues that implies for other mods that rely on DD.

- For a task system, learn to make the full use of Radiant quests. I never got around to it and I tried to implement things manually with mixed results. A collection of Radiant Quests would probably be a better approach. That will allow you to track unique conditions and effects for each task.

- For the defeat in combat, work with other mods like Defeat, Simple Slavery and Death Alternative to outsource that part of them. If you don't you will fall into the same trap as Devious Devices.. you will have to make your own way to detect near death and you will have to manage conflicts with other near death mods. Death Alternative always worked for me, and Simple Slavery works fine. I should have pursued a plugin for Defeat for SD+ a long time ago. 

- Slavers like Falmers, Rieklings or other creatures are hard because they don't have a dialogue system. Some conditions (which as still unclear to me) will block any custom dialogue with creatures, even if you make them 'voiced' artificially. There is also the narrative aspect of making it interesting for the player to be enslaved to a creature they cannot communicate with.

Most of all, try keeping things simple, for yourself and for the player. SD+ was my first large mod, and it was build on top of a solid foundation by jzeborg, but I didn't fully understand it at the time. As a result, I broke certain things and tried to make it more complex than it should have been. 

It has become hard to understand for the player - no clear instructions about what to do when, no unique dialogues, sometimes conflicting behaviors.

And it has become difficult to manage for me - things can happen at the slave level, at the master level, in a more general event loop, or with other NPCs. 

SD+ has many of the features listed in the first post - task system for the player, disposition system for the owners, joining the faction at the end, punishment if the player doesn't comply and hunted down if the player escapes... but it is currently done with layers of code added over time and made the mod too complex and brittle.

I am planning to revisit SD+ this summer with the aim to streamline and simplify things. I would rather have fewer features and make them work well than trying to do everything and end up with a broken mod.

• 2 weeks later...

A few things I think would be interesting.

Followers integration, I would like to see followers having to go through the same or similar situation with the PC and have followers and PC exchange dialogue about their situation and plans. Also dialogue between enslave faction and follower.

Extra enslaved NPCs, I guess they can be somewhat like followers stand-ins. Depending on the location (sizable fortress, jail cells) of the enslavement faction it might be possible to fit in other enslaved NPCs. These NPCs could already be there before PC's capture, or they might be new "spoils" the bandits bring back after PC's capture.

Disobedient vs submissive, this is a hard one. The core of it boils down to what is the benefit of being defiant or submissive towards the enemy faction for the PC and/or the player. From most the description it seems there's very little benefit for the PC to be defiant. The possibly of incurring bounty from cities further down in the "mission" might be a possible trade off, but at that point what is going to happen? lock PC up in a cell/sex not too unlike the enslavement faction?

Now I do think it's totally viable to have a quest/mission line devoted to being submissive, but I think there will need to be a lot of context given and maybe lingering consequences of the PC's past actions. I also start to wonder how repeatable/dynamic of a scenario this is.

Thanks for all your input and advice!

Things are moving forward.

Instead of creating a completely new mod DeepBlueFrog and I talked and decided to team up and work together on SD+.

This safes me from doing all the groundwork, while I can help with my ideas for stories and events to flesh out SD+'s enslavement parts.

I'm thrilled to work on this project, since SD+ has always been one of my evergreen mods to have!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2021 at 6:07 PM, Guffel said:

Thanks for all your input and advice!

Things are moving forward.

Instead of creating a completely new mod DeepBlueFrog and I talked and decided to team up and work together on SD+.

This safes me from doing all the groundwork, while I can help with my ideas for stories and events to flesh out SD+'s enslavement parts.

I'm thrilled to work on this project, since SD+ has always been one of my evergreen mods to have!

Damn that's great! I've been huge fun of SD+ sad that there wasn't any content update in last 2 years, are you planning to create new thread with progress and maybe ideas? 

This thread already has a lot of good ideas, but Guffel can decide if it is best to keep it going or start a new one.

What I can do in the meantime is share what I am planning for SD+

In addition to completing the story behind the main 'Dreamworld' quest, I will take a hard look at the features the mod currently has and streamline things a bit.

I added many thing over time to try to make the mod more interesting to play in more situations, but they ended up being a tangled mess of unfinished work.

I already started trimming things down my 'moving' the Spriggan quest from SD+ to Parasites. It is not a real move since the content is still there but I will gradually turn things off regarding the Spriggan side of the mod and recreate them in Parasites.

Things I am planning to cut out of the mod:

- The 'coverted' effect. Several mods already include different ways to assault the player based on arousal. 

- Penalties from changing cells.

- Choking and Shocking collars, and other magical debuffs from running away.

- The 'endgame' scenario where the master walks you somewhere to be sold. I will replace that by a hook into Simple Slavery and a simple 'left for dead' option by default.

Things I am planning to improve:

- Better dialogues.

- More daily tasks and tasks more appropriate to your slavery level

- Make 'medieval' slavery gear by default, with more exotic/modern options available only at higher slavery levels.

- Rewrite the way I handle enslaved followers.

- Rewrite how the master hunts you down after escaping.

Things I am planning to add:

- Make Mistwatch a proper slavery hub and possibly a base for a better slavery based quest as an addon to SD+

My current roadmap at the moment is:

- Move the Spriggan Quest out of SD+ and into Parasites in May

- Move the Blacksmith and Mage apprentice stories out of Dialogues in June

- Finish the main quest in SD+ and work on streamlining things in July-August

Great, are you guys planning to add small scenes to SD? 

For example:

- If player is enslaved and already wear some devices, new master will go to closest blacksmith and ask him to remove locked devices so he can replace it.  

- another scene could be simple "buy new devices for player" 

Overall adding scenes to SD would make things more immersive and interesting.

• 2 weeks later...