[LE/SE] Guide on using Nemesis alongside FNIS

On 10/23/2021 at 1:10 PM, eyeballjones said:

For reasons I have no idea about, this method started to fail on me but I did figure out something else. New steps which are similar to the ones above, but I'll lay it fully out: 

1. Disable Nemesis and Generate FNIS Normally and enable the output (Call this FNIS_OUTPUT_A)

2. Disable FNIS and enable Nemesis 

3. Generate Nemesis (Call this Nemesis_OUTPUT_A)

4. Turn both outputs off 

5. Disable all nemesis animations except for PCEA and Nemesis itself '

6. Enable FNIS and generate (Call this output FNIS_OUTPUT_B)

7. Copy and paste files in "meshes/actors/draugr" of FNIS_OUTPUT_B to FNIS_OUTPUT_A -> This applies with any other creatures that don't work, falmer as well if it isn't working for you.

8. Enable FNIS_OUTPUT_A and Nemesis_output_A, letting Nemesis output load after FNIS Output. 

Again, this method is super convoluted so I'm going to do more experimenting to reduce the number of steps, I also only tested draugr because it was the one creature I knew wasn't working with me with the original method. Maybe this will help someone out there :)

I found that as long as you don't add anything that is specifically being generated for FNIS (like sexlab animations) then you can regenerate Nemesis output B by itself with FNIS_OUTPUT_B and then regenerating Nemesis_output_B from there without doing anything to FNIS_OUTPUT_C. You might still need to copy the files from Nemesis_output_A. 

Edit: I found out that previously I was generating an extra nemesis output that I didn't need to so this cut down the steps by a lot. 

Regarding my previous issues, this guide / tutorial worked ,i had to do some funny stuff later on cos SkySA and animations of overall attacking didnt want to work,had to run Nemesis again and again,after that it worked fine

After much trial and error, I wasn't able to get both to work at the same time. I wasn't getting any CTDs, but I either got the Nemesis animations or the creature animations, and never both. I'm sure there's something I'm missing or a way to get it to work, but honestly it's just not worth it. Here's hoping someone creates a fix or Nemesis gets an update that allows this to work.

So this guide is only for MO users? I'm using Vortex and apparently I managed to make both work without have to do anything. I install Nemesis. Run FNIS generator first then run Nemesis later. Just played around for a bit, all animations seem to work fine included creatures animations.
Now I'm confused. What is with all the fuss about FNIS and Nemesis not compatible together? Is there something that I'm missing?

Edited by assassin394

I've been running only fnis for a long time. Decided to upgrade combat and so switched to nemesis. Now that I miss creature animations, all I did was run fins, run nemesis and that's it. The only downisde is that draugr/falmer animations aren't working but I'm not going deep into this foxhole just to get them working. 
I'm writing this for anyone wondering if it's such a big problem to get both fnis and nemesis working together. It's easy unless you want falmer/draugr animations too.

Followed every step but still got an error after launched Nemesis engine:

WARNING(1027): 32bit hkx file detected. This file is not supported by current skyrim's architecture

File: x:\xxxx\xxx

SkyrimSE\Data\meshes\actors\character\animations\DynamicAnimationReplacer\_CustomConditions\998\1hm_idle.hkx

Running script: SexyMove detector.py

Running script: XPMSE detector.py

And the game crashes during the logo screen.

Help pls T_T

Edit: OK, I unticked the mod that containing this 1hm_idle.hkx and the warnining(1027) is gone, but the running script I have no idea what to do with them

and I still crashes at the logo=.=

Edited by zhuguannan123
On 1/15/2022 at 10:07 AM, zhuguannan123 said:

Followed every step but still got an error after launched Nemesis engine:

WARNING(1027): 32bit hkx file detected. This file is not supported by current skyrim's architecture

File: x:\xxxx\xxx

SkyrimSE\Data\meshes\actors\character\animations\DynamicAnimationReplacer\_CustomConditions\998\1hm_idle.hkx

Running script: SexyMove detector.py

Running script: XPMSE detector.py

And the game crashes during the logo screen.

Help pls T_T

Edit: OK, I unticked the mod that containing this 1hm_idle.hkx and the warnining(1027) is gone, but the running script I have no idea what to do with them

and I still crashes at the logo=.=

The mod thats giving  you the error is probably Smooth Combat Animation.  It has a dummy 32bit animation that doesn't cause problems beyond giving you that error.

It isn't what's causing your  crash but you probably already realized that when you still crashed even after removing it.

Did  you delete your Nemesis Output before rerunning it?

On 1/17/2022 at 2:31 AM, axz2 said:

The mod thats giving  you the error is probably Smooth Combat Animation.  It has a dummy 32bit animation that doesn't cause problems beyond giving you that error.

It isn't what's causing your  crash but you probably already realized that when you still crashed even after removing it.

Did  you delete your Nemesis Output before rerunning it?

Rerunning? Delete? Are you referring to one step of the guide of this thread? Sorry I don't think I got what you mean

7 hours ago, zhuguannan123 said:

Rerunning? Delete? Are you referring to one step of the guide of this thread? Sorry I don't think I got what you mean

I assume it didn't just give you the error once.  If you get it again you would have to run the program again.  Before you dd that did you delete the output from running Nemesis?

Don't know how you are running it, but if your running it from Mod Organizer 2 the output from Nemesis would be in Overwrite unless you set it up to output to a different mod folder.   You can delete the output from overwrite (or the mod folder you put it in)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dunno man, followed the instructions to a T but everytime I loaded the game, everything was T-posing - player, NPCs, creatures. Only thing that got me back to normal was unchecking the outputs. I checked my overwrite folder and thought it could have been the issue, but the strangest thing happened, if I took the meshes folder out, the game would always CTD on startup. Logo wouldn't have sound either. 

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my - it worked! I've been looking for a solution to this since loading up Nemesis (why it doesn't have a creature plugin, i'll never know). I use Vortex, Ultimate Combat, TK Dodge, TK Hitstop, Distance Based Combat, AGO. The solution provided on the Nemesis Github page did not work for me. 

My steps (similar to the ones provided on this thread):

1. Enable FNIS

2. Disable Nemesis

3. Remove (i.e. delete) FNIS Data that was built prior to installing nemesis.

4. Switch on the integrated FNIS feature in Vortex (settings / interface) "Run FNIS on Deployment" - Hit the Deploy Mods button. THIS STEP BUILDS THE NEW FNIS Data - (this is the step I never used before)

5. Enable the new FNIS Data and configure conflicts - for me it looks like this (if anyone sees an error, please let me know)

Spoiler

image.png.4f777e234b22e3b82d98eefc8452f376.png

6. Switch off the integrated FNIS feature (don't think its needed again and I don't want FNIS running on every deployment)

7. Disable FNIS (i.e. FNIS Behavior VR 7_6 XXL) and leave activated FNIS Data, FNIS Creature Pack and FNIS Spells

8. Enable Nemesis and run it

Thats it. 

One weird thing I've noticed so far is that one DAR animation (sprint without weapon) isn't the one I use typically.. that's ok.. I can live with that and its a marker for me to know that the above steps worked.

Regarding Ultimate Combat: I do know that the mod's AI can break both Draugr and Falmer animations. I have those AI's switched off in the MCM of that mod. 

Edited by bevo67

Thanks for this guide ❤️

Say, why is it that the engine tends to end the program before it can finish? When I let it run repeatedly, after several tries it finishes (with no errors / warnings).

Sorry if this has been answered before and I didn't find it :S

Also, I somewhere read here that you can change MO2 to directly copy the generated files to the "output" folders / mods, instead of standard overwrite folder - but it's not on the first page (unless I overlooked it). Might be nice to add it.

Thanks again and cheerio.

On 2/16/2022 at 5:34 PM, Swiftstep said:

Thanks for this guide ❤️

Say, why is it that the engine tends to end the program before it can finish? When I let it run repeatedly, after several tries it finishes (with no errors / warnings).

Sorry if this has been answered before and I didn't find it :S

Also, I somewhere read here that you can change MO2 to directly copy the generated files to the "output" folders / mods, instead of standard overwrite folder - but it's not on the first page (unless I overlooked it). Might be nice to add it.

Thanks again and cheerio.

Because the program is actually having a memory leak but the author of Nemesis won't bother to fix it..

https://githubhot.com/repo/ShikyoKira/Project-New-Reign---Nemesis-Main/issues/672

• 1 month later...

I don't know if it's because I got Nemesis v0.84-beta but any of theses guides don't work for me.
If someone can make a clear one because in 5 pages there are something like 5-6 really confusing explanations.

Edit : Finally find a solution with this post (MO2 user only).
To make it short, Nemesis (maybe since last version v0.84-beta) generate his own creature behavior.hkx. The only thing to do is to replace them with the FNIS ones. Since MO2 doens't detect this as a overwrite, you need to do it manually, open in browser both mods (it's in Output for me, easier) and replace ONLY what Nemesis has built. To me it was canine, chauraus, dlc02, draugr, dwarvensteamcenturion, falmer, giant and troll.

So to recap everything properly (I suggest you make a full clean installation of FNIS, Nemesis and delete everything in their respective output, just in case:

1. Enable FNIS Behavior / Creature / Spell / etc + FNIS Output (create one if it's not already done) and all your animations mods
  2. Run Behavior, you now have your FNIS Output done
  3. Enable Nemesis + Nemesis Output (you can keep all your animations mods activated, even FNIS ones)
  4. Disable FNIS Behavior so Nemesis will generate his FNIS.esp
  5. Run Nemesis, Update Engine, run Behavior
  6. Open FNIS and Nemesis Output, copy all FNIS files in meshes about creatures that Nemesis possess (as I said earlier, mine was canine, chauraus, dlc02, draugr, dwarvensteamcenturion, falmer, giant and troll).

I test it with a clean new game and a existing save, both work perfectly. Hope this will help everyone.

Edited by Felenos
Find the solution
On 12/25/2021 at 7:18 PM, Rafuc said:

Regarding my previous issues, this guide / tutorial worked ,i had to do some funny stuff later on cos SkySA and animations of overall attacking didnt want to work,had to run Nemesis again and again,after that it worked fine

I have the same problem. Could you please elaborate on how you solved it? 

Specifically, points 5 and 6 read very vague to me. 

Thank you!

On 4/25/2022 at 11:32 AM, waehuun said:

I have the same problem. Could you please elaborate on how you solved it? 

Specifically, points 5 and 6 read very vague to me. 

Thank you!

im not using FNIS anymore but i remember needing to Uncheck FNIS and FNIS Outputs, run Nemesis atleast twice and it worked,then enable FNIS Output

All this to make skysa work. No thanks i will stick with magic. Actually i have both nemesis and fnis installed. I ran nemesis long ago for what idk, but only been using fnis since then. After reading some posts about nemesis could break stuff in game i won't dare to install skysa and run nemesis mid game. 

I feel completely stumped on this. I see people getting this to work but I feel like I've tried everyones version on how to make creature animations work with nemesis and none of them seem to work for me. I use vortex which I've seen most are using MO2 but theres still some vortex users who got it to work I just don't really understand whats going wrong.

1 hour ago, Popa8888 said:

I feel completely stumped on this. I see people getting this to work but I feel like I've tried everyones version on how to make creature animations work with nemesis and none of them seem to work for me. I use vortex which I've seen most are using MO2 but theres still some vortex users who got it to work I just don't really understand whats going wrong.

this again, how does Nemesis output even work?

would it work the same if i just ran Nemesis as normal and had the FNIS output on a side mod or whatever?

don't get me wrong i could switch to MO2 but i feel like there should be a way to do it on Vortex 

3 hours ago, sabinaguerrero said:

this again, how does Nemesis output even work?

would it work the same if i just ran Nemesis as normal and had the FNIS output on a side mod or whatever?

don't get me wrong i could switch to MO2 but i feel like there should be a way to do it on Vortex 

Yeah I thought about switching to MO2 as well but I've grown use to vortex and I don't really want to have to start all over with my mod setup. But from some of the comments some vortex users have done it so it seems. Just not sure whats going wrong when trying to replicate those steps.

i use nexus mod manager (NMM)
how do i combine fnis & nemesis to make it work

1.install fnis
2.install nemesis
3.Install the sex animation mods of humans or animals that you like
4. open fnis and generate
5. open nemesis and generate
6. open nexusmodmanager (NMM) and deactive plugin fnis.esp
7. run the game

if you use too much animation DAR animation a notification appears in the game too much animation my steps
open your game folder
data/skse/plugins/DynamicAnimationReplacer
open with notepad edit text

AnimationLimit=0x6000 or higher

done at your own risk

2 hours ago, domla said:

i use nexus mod manager (NMM)
how do i combine fnis & nemesis to make it work

1.install fnis
2.install nemesis
3.Install the sex animation mods of humans or animals that you like
4. open fnis and generate
5. open nemesis and generate
6. open nexusmodmanager (NMM) and deactive plugin fnis.esp
7. run the game

if you use too much animation DAR animation a notification appears in the game too much animation my steps
open your game folder
data/skse/plugins/DynamicAnimationReplacer
open with notepad edit text

AnimationLimit=0x6000 or higher

done at your own risk

Doesn't Nemesis add in it's own fnis.esp?

like instead of deactivating shouldn't i just replace it?

i think i already tried that but i ended up with every character T posing