[LE/SE] Guide on using Nemesis alongside FNIS

Mate , Fnis won't generate output in that FNIS Output. Nemezis does  ...

Okay . After 4 times running fnis and reinstalling it output is there and everything works. Thanks!

Edited by KenshiSamurai
edit

something interesting to report is if your name for nemesis output contains special characters like [[ the process takes considerably longer and causes graphical glitches on the screen. Not sure if it's just my setup or what I but hope this helps someone.

On 7/4/2021 at 9:37 PM, NNS10 said:

Nemesis crashes for me halfway through the process.

Fixed by upping the max animation limit in the nemesis.ini file by a lot. Does not seem to correspond with the animation count displayed in the UI.

On 4/16/2021 at 9:52 PM, moody132 said:

After 300h+ on few different characters, I again can confirm with 100% of confidence FNIS & Nemesis can work togheter perfectly, with creatures animations, DAR, and all Nemesis based mods like CGO SkySA, Ultimate Dodge Mod, Slide tackle, etc

My load order is

FNIS behavior XXL

Fnis Creatures

Fnis Output

Nemesis

Nemesis output

First you generate FNIS, while doing it you should have enabled only 

FNIS Behavior 

Fnis Creatures

Fnis Output

After that you generate Nemesis, while doing it you should have enabled only

Fnis Creatures

Fnis Output

Nemesis

Nemesis Output.

After that, it's done. Sometimes Nemesis needs like 5-10 reruns because it crashes for my, i think too much animations, not sure. But beside that, anything works properly.

Where do you have Ultimate Dodge Mod in your mod order? MO2 shows that it is overwriting a lot of FNIS files. Not sure if that will cause problems or not.

On 7/18/2021 at 1:22 PM, NNS10 said:

Where do you have Ultimate Dodge Mod in your mod order? MO2 shows that it is overwriting a lot of FNIS files. Not sure if that will cause problems or not.

For me it shows it has only conflicts with 2 behavior files with FNIS, but that is why we use Nemesis. Anyway, left load order;

TUDM

TUDM Crouch Slide Patch

TK Combat

Ultimate Combat

Ultimate Dragons

then like 200 different mods

360 Movement Behaviors

FNIS

I think FNIS should be near the bottom, especialy its generated files.

In esp load order I trust LOOT, only everytime i sort plugins i have to place Ultimate Dodge Mod.esp after Violens.esp, otherwise killmoves doesn't work.

Chiming in just to say the method in the original post worked for me. I do not run ultimate combat so I did not need to regenerate FNIS afterwards.

Edit: I also found it was necessary to purge the output folders after adding or removing animations. Having my outputs be updated rather than completely rewritten broke everything from ultimate dodge mod to combat behavior and creature animations.

Further Edit: I experimented with mods like Flinching SE and it's onhit SKSE plugin. With the required patch https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/45966 recommended by the mod, they are not compatible with this setup and will cause creatures to cease animations.

Edited by luckydude7
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2021 at 10:10 PM, readson15 said:

Hey, so weird thing in my game is that the horse animations work flawlessly but every other creature is still missing animations, any ideas why?

This. I've read through this whole post and tried every method, but I still can only get horses to work correctly.

All other creatures I've tested reposition for the animation with the PC, but then just go into an idle (lay down).

Looking for any other thoughts! Thanks!

I wonder if anyone's figured a way to run FNIS alongside Nemesis, but for NMM. I've been trying to do that all evening following various examples given here but half ass adapting them for NMM(For example there is no way to designate an output folder for Nemesis since I don't use MO), no results- CTD on launch.

Edited by Violence6884
On 8/25/2021 at 2:20 PM, mathys27 said:

Hey there, i don't get a Genrated FNIS.esp after running Nemesis.

can someone help me pls.

That means Nemesis crashed before it could finish generate the behaviour files. Just increase the max number of animations in the nemesis.ini found in the main nemesis mod. That helps most of the time. Other than that close other programs and tasks that are running in the background.

1 hour ago, Lamergamer123 said:

That means Nemesis crashed before it could finish generate the behaviour files. Just increase the max number of animations in the nemesis.ini found in the main nemesis mod. That helps most of the time. Other than that close other programs and tasks that are running in the background.

I get this message a the end:

"ERROR(1210): Vital behavior file cannot be found. This will cause T-pose in game. To fix this, either reinstall the mod or manually restore this behavior file

File: f:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\data\meshes\actors\character\behaviors\idlebehavior.hkx

Failed to generate behavior"

Edit: Fixed by reinstalling nemesis a couple of times.

Edited by mathys27

Alright I think I know how to fix creature animations, I'll write it down here just in case I forget.

1.- Disable all nemesis related mods (including nemesis output)

2.- Enable all FNIS (creature, spells etc) activate hand fix only

4.- Run FNIS

3.- Disable FNISes (output, creature, spells, XXL)

4.- Enable all nemesis related mods

5.- Run nemesis

6.- Remove FNIS.esp (if you have one) from Nemesis output (in the optional esp menu)

7.- Let FNIS output have priority over Nemesis output

8.- FNIS and everything else stays enabled (don't know if this would have effects)

It's not perferct, may have side effects (like no flinch on monsters), but it just works.

Sometimes nemesis will crash, just keep trying again, this is because the engine needs more resourses/priority from your pc.

Also, you can't have over 24000 animations.

On 7/23/2021 at 9:24 AM, luckydude7 said:

Chiming in just to say the method in the original post worked for me. I do not run ultimate combat so I did not need to regenerate FNIS afterwards.

Edit: I also found it was necessary to purge the output folders after adding or removing animations. Having my outputs be updated rather than completely rewritten broke everything from ultimate dodge mod to combat behavior and creature animations.

Further Edit: I experimented with mods like Flinching SE and it's onhit SKSE plugin. With the required patch https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/45966 recommended by the mod, they are not compatible with this setup and will cause creatures to cease animations.

You, my friend, might possible be my life/game saver. Been having an issue with creatures not animating for weeks and have been unable to pinpoint the problem. And I completely forgot I installed Stagger Direction Fix (SE) and, indeed, Ultimate Combat and Creatures Behaviour compatibility for Nemesis. Uninstalled both, rerunning FNIS and Nemesis now. Let's see if my creatures are ready for action once more. If they are, I'll report back and give you a big sloppy kiss.

Edit: God motherf*cking godd*mn d*ck swingin c*nthole, it didn't work.

But here's a little kiss for you anyways.

Edited by Miller826
On 9/2/2021 at 7:07 PM, Skill denim said:

Alright I think I know how to fix creature animations, I'll write it down here just in case I forget.

1.- Disable all nemesis related mods (including nemesis output)

2.- Enable all FNIS (creature, spells etc) activate hand fix only

4.- Run FNIS

3.- Disable FNISes (output, creature, spells, XXL)

4.- Enable all nemesis related mods

5.- Run nemesis

6.- Remove FNIS.esp (if you have one) from Nemesis output (in the optional esp menu)

7.- Let FNIS output have priority over Nemesis output

8.- FNIS and everything else stays enabled (don't know if this would have effects)

It's not perferct, may have side effects (like no flinch on monsters), but it just works.

Sometimes nemesis will crash, just keep trying again, this is because the engine needs more resourses/priority from your pc.

Also, you can't have over 24000 animations.

In the end, this is what saved ny game. Thank you. This worked!

On 2/26/2021 at 1:31 AM, Player80 said:

Edit: I could have sworn they used to work, but Draugr (and because of that, skeletons) and falmers will not have any animation during SL scenes. I'm trying to find a way to make them work

Hi,

I am planing to try nemesis with my build, this pose is very helpful. Thank you.

do you use Ultimate combat? this mod will break the Draugr ,Falmers, and skeletons animation , because the author have added different "animation skeleton" for extra combat moves.

to workaround , you can delete or disable the related files from Ultimate Combat...