[LE/SE] Guide on using Nemesis alongside FNIS

On 7/31/2022 at 11:31 AM, lk74 said:

wish I had read your comment sooner.

the thing is i had to find it out the hard way since that A-hole Shikyokira once banned me on his github page for calling him a Friggin Lier. and calling me toxic is one thing but the fact that him and his entire team was constantly dodging the question regarding the problems with his mod. not to mention banning people when asked when they are going to fix it. and telling them "it's probably your fault" which is still a complete BS and telling people "did you even follow the installation process" which everyone has already done.

it doesn't help him and his team that his mod is now considered a Dead mod by many let alone he released it as it is,

a Big heaping pile of a PoS mod. that everyone and their grand parents are forced to use since Fore had retired from modding.

and dont even get me started on modders who made their mods for that PoS. like Distar66 that guy is a massive Fkin A-Hole.

Hey, I've been trying to follow the comments but am getting confused AF. I have creature mods whose animations are not loading properly. When I hit the ~ key, I see the name of the animation, but only my character is moving as they should. The creature just stands there or sits, sometimes they run in place.
I'm running Nemesis with the FNIS plug in (so I could use Sexy Moves).
Please assume I am a complete noob... as I pretty much am.

Hello everyone, I plan to use FNIS alongside Nemesis and to do so I have to follow the guide provided in the OP (first page).

When guide says "Step 2: Create two folders, one named "FNIS Output" and the other "Nemesis Output".
Step 3: Activate both "FNIS Output" and "Nemesis Output". Leave both FNIS and Nemesis disabled, for now."

Does it mean creating empty mod in the left panel in MO2 when saying creating two folders ? If not, then I do not know how to create output folders for mods, if someone could help me, i will be grateful !

2 minutes ago, Firch50 said:

Hello everyone, I plan to use FNIS alongside Nemesis and to do so I have to follow the guide provided in the OP (first page).

When guide says "Step 2: Create two folders, one named "FNIS Output" and the other "Nemesis Output".
Step 3: Activate both "FNIS Output" and "Nemesis Output". Leave both FNIS and Nemesis disabled, for now."

Does it mean creating empty mod in the left panel in MO2 when saying creating two folders ? If not, then I do not know how to create output folders for mods, if someone could help me, i will be grateful !

Yes, create an empty mod then rename it.

Sorry to double post, it's me again.

Just installed many Nemesis based mods, carefully followed the guide provided in OP, and an error occurs while trying to update Engine within Nemesis exe.

Here's the error in the attached files. It says this translated into english "There is no character corresponding to the Unicode character in the target multibyte code page." I absolutely don't know what this means. Someting weird also, is that even if I designated FNIS output 2 folder as the directory for the generated files from FNIS, the only files i got from FNIS ouput 2 is a temporary log...

Is there someone who could help me ? Thanks in advance...

Capture d’écran 2022-08-04 231427.png

On 8/4/2022 at 10:46 PM, Cinnamonsambam said:

Currently stuck trying to get this to work. Followed all the steps on the guide but the creatures are still in their idle animations during sexlabs animations. Everything is up to date as well. Currently have no idea how to get these to work together

Are you using ADXP|MCO (AKA Attack - Distar Experience Patch)? If so, I've never been able to get FNIS and Nemesis to work well together with latest version of ADXP|MCO. FNIS and Nemesis (for creature support) are fine without ADXP|MCO but creatures will idle during sexlab animations with it installed. 

Update: I got Nemesis/FNIS to work with ADXP|MCO and True Directional Movement (and True HUD)... the one animation that appears broken is 360 horse archery from TDM ... but I'm thinking that is because I'm using Convenient Horses and not vanilla horses

Update Redux: I got 360 Horse archery from TDM to work! 

Edited by bevo67
  • 1 month later...

Hello to everyone!I haven’t yet tried nemesis!Actually I haven’t even tried yet skyrim SE.As I plan on installing SE, I was wondering if using both nemesis and fins systems, apart from the logical advantages of being able to use the modern rpg combat mods and creatures animations, will I be able to assign each system to handle specific slal animations? (eg nemesis to handle half of the installed slal human anims and combat mods and fins the other half of the slal human anims and creatures anims!)Will this lead to gain more stability in game due to the large amount of total installed custom anims?

8 hours ago, pgrm said:

Hello to everyone!I haven’t yet tried nemesis!Actually I haven’t even tried yet skyrim SE.As I plan on installing SE, I was wondering if using both nemesis and fins systems, apart from the logical advantages of being able to use the modern rpg combat mods and creatures animations, will I be able to assign each system to handle specific slal animations? (eg nemesis to handle half of the installed slal human anims and combat mods and fins the other half of the slal human anims and creatures anims!)Will this lead to gain more stability in game due to the large amount of total installed custom anims?

This is essentially the approach I use.. I run FNIS to get the creature behaviors then delete non-creature behaviors that FNIS generates. I then run Nemesis. This is the way I’ve been able to get all DAR, Creature and Nemesis animations to work together.. 

On 8/4/2022 at 11:17 PM, Firch50 said:

Sorry to double post, it's me again.

Just installed many Nemesis based mods, carefully followed the guide provided in OP, and an error occurs while trying to update Engine within Nemesis exe.

Here's the error in the attached files. It says this translated into english "There is no character corresponding to the Unicode character in the target multibyte code page." I absolutely don't know what this means. Someting weird also, is that even if I designated FNIS output 2 folder as the directory for the generated files from FNIS, the only files i got from FNIS ouput 2 is a temporary log...

Is there someone who could help me ? Thanks in advance...

Capture d’écran 2022-08-04 231427.png

I don't know if it is sill relevant, but I think you have to tick the animation mod installed in nemesis, then update engine, then launch.

On 8/4/2022 at 10:46 PM, Cinnamonsambam said:

Currently stuck trying to get this to work. Followed all the steps on the guide but the creatures are still in their idle animations during sexlabs animations. Everything is up to date as well. Currently have no idea how to get these to work together

Are you using Vortex or MO2?

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone so for whatever reason my nemesis dump/generate files to data directory instead nemesis output (already ticked the "create files in mod instead of overwrite" ). So i have my own method that works well for my situation and maybe will work for everyone too.

1. Generate Nemesis like usual (in my case it will generate files to data and i need to generate more than 3 times because nemesis crash in first and second time idk why)

2. Enable FNIS XL, FNIS output
3. Generate FNIS

4. Disabled FNIS XL
5. Open fnis output folder and delete/rename character folder inside meshes/actor/character <--- delete/rename ( in my case every behavior will use fnis except character that will use nemesis instead )

But some reason draught and falmer wont play SLDefeat by baka(the defeat animation) animation idk why and I don't know if this has anything to do with crash on killmove, some of killmove will crash the game. So far it's stable with no crashh(i've disabled the killmove using mod forgot what's called)

Note : I'm using MO2 and i have MCO, Precission, EVG Animation, POISE, Paraglider, scar, tkdodge re, with total animation 30k in nemesis and with almost all of SLAL Animation 

sry for my bad english

Edited by Yayayayayaya

My findings with FNIS & Nemesis so far:

[ mod & animation functionality ]

• FNIS Sexy Move : functional
  • SexLab SLAL Creature animations: 2 animations functional
    • Draugr SLAL animations : at least 1 ( Billyy (Draugr) Holding Nelson ) working
    • Skeever SLAL animations : at least 1 ( Billyy (Skeever) Doggy Anal 2 ) working
  • SexLab SLAL Human animations: untested

[ MO2 relative priority | All mods listed are highest priority in my MO2 mods panel ]

1. FNIS SE ( XXL )
  2. FNIS Creatures
  3. FNIS Output
  4. Nemesis
  5. Nemesis Output

[ procedure ]

1. FNIS: generate FNIS
  2. Nemesis: update engine
  3. Nemesis: run Nemesis engine

[ load order ]

• I just let LOOT handle it

[ other notes ]

I just installed SE 1.5.97 and I am currently testing some mods I intend to use. This means a lot of mods that would be considered essential or good-to-have are not yet installed, such as combat mods. I have no idea if my procedures will work once those mods have been installed. I will keep this post updated.

• 3 weeks later...

anyone has Nemesis 0.83 for SE?

I'm not a coder, and I can only find 0.84b from nexus, the github page looks like you have to compile it yourself, and I'm not sure if I want to go through the pain of that.

It's my understanding that starting from 0.84 the SE/AE and LE versions are rolled into one, but people have said 0.83 is better suited to use with FNIS I'd like to get my hands on that.

Any help is much appreciated!

3 hours ago, deviantgene said:

anyone has Nemesis 0.83 for SE?

I'm not a coder, and I can only find 0.84b from nexus, the github page looks like you have to compile it yourself, and I'm not sure if I want to go through the pain of that.

It's my understanding that starting from 0.84 the SE/AE and LE versions are rolled into one, but people have said 0.83 is better suited to use with FNIS I'd like to get my hands on that.

Any help is much appreciated!

https://github.com/ShikyoKira/Project-New-Reign---Nemesis-Main/releases/tag/v0.83cSE-beta Here (although I'm not sure if it's this one since I'm just starting on doing this like you lol)

For future reference, On Github press the title at the top and then scroll and look at the right side of the title page, and it'll have something called "Releases" and that's where you'll find old versions or releases for almost any Github page

Edited by randompersons123
On 9/6/2022 at 12:23 PM, bevo67 said:

This is essentially the approach I use.. I run FNIS to get the creature behaviors then delete non-creature behaviors that FNIS generates. I then run Nemesis. This is the way I’ve been able to get all DAR, Creature and Nemesis animations to work together.. 

Sorry to double post

So I've actually gotten my Nemesis to work using this guide https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/54702 and everything works fine (MCO and other related mods)

But my devious devices are broken and don't play animations. I figured since you're the only one who's done this recently with success that I should ask

Are you also using Devious Devices and are they working at all? 

My current version is 0.84 for nemesis

Edited by randompersons123
8 hours ago, randompersons123 said:

https://github.com/ShikyoKira/Project-New-Reign---Nemesis-Main/releases/tag/v0.83cSE-beta Here (although I'm not sure if it's this one since I'm just starting on doing this like you lol)

For future reference, On Github press the title at the top and then scroll and look at the right side of the title page, and it'll have something called "Releases" and that's where you'll find old versions or releases for almost any Github page

ooh! thanks!!

I'm running FNIS and NEMESIS on vortex

the way I do it is separate the animation mods into two groups, FNIS and Nemesis
first generate FNIS data from its group, then hide all non-Nemesis mods and then generate Nemesis data thought Nemesis
and then enable FNIS animations and its mods
Nemesis and its stuff load before FNIS

your DD problems seems like the animations weren't handled by FNIS, maybe that'll work?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/5/2022 at 7:10 PM, bevo67 said:

Are you using ADXP|MCO (AKA Attack - Distar Experience Patch)? If so, I've never been able to get FNIS and Nemesis to work well together with latest version of ADXP|MCO. FNIS and Nemesis (for creature support) are fine without ADXP|MCO but creatures will idle during sexlab animations with it installed. 

Update: I got Nemesis/FNIS to work with ADXP|MCO and True Directional Movement (and True HUD)... the one animation that appears broken is 360 horse archery from TDM ... but I'm thinking that is because I'm using Convenient Horses and not vanilla horses

Update Redux: I got 360 Horse archery from TDM to work! 

This was a while ago, but how did you fix it? No matter what i do i cant get draugr animations to work with adxp.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this can help, I was able to fix the "draugr animation not working" in my side. At first, I followed the original steps in this post: run fnis, inactivate fnis, run nemesis, activate both. Then I checked the fnis output folder and was able to see that every creature has behavior files except for draugr. Interestingly, looking at "mesh/actor/draugr/behavior" in the overwrite folder (Im using MO2), there was a behavior file. Yet, for other creatures' behavior folders in "overwrite", they don't have any files existing - empty folders. 

Now we have: 
Draugr's behavior file existing in mesh/actor/draugr/behvior in overwrite folder but not in fnis output.

Other creatures' behavior files existing in fnis output but not in overwrite's.

So, in my overwrite, I decided to delete the draugr's then run all the process again: fnis -> nemesis.

As the result, the draugr folder in "fnis output" now has the behavior, and the in game animation works very well. 

(I keep the fnis.esp generated by nemesis activated.)

Edited by Dker
On 4/30/2021 at 12:26 PM, fiinhvip said:

For vortex user, I also get the creature animation working by disable FNIS, the key is the output from FNIS. I ran FNIS with nemesis enabled and still working no problem(until now).

First, run FNIS through Vortex integrated FNIS (FNIS still required and enabled). Just enable FNIS in Settings -> Interface, then tick the box same as you would in FNIS. Deploy the mod normally and FNIS Data will be add automatically.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.79eef5c11339bfe2c0efc24d8a122729.pngimage.png.e9eed63ed9587272103ffdb35dbe9ab0.png

2nd, disable FNIS itself (not creatures/output). the output should be overwritten by Nemessis based animation.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.a4bdaa052127103308292cac369ca85c.pngOverwritting rules:image.png.30380efabe279ee677c65e302143c97a.png

3rd, run Nemessis. But make sure nemesis DO NOT delete any files in FNIS Data(if it is, restore or rerun FNIS)

Disable FNIS Behavior or the esp from the plugins tab?

• 2 weeks later...