Method to run FNIS and NEMESIS at the same time on Skyrim SE and keep your creature animations working ( if anyone is interested)

I'm new on Skyrim SE, on LE, all I had to do was have both of them installed then run FNIS and after that run NEMESIS, and everything worked fine, on SE for some reason NEMESIS seems to be touching creature behaviors, making my creatures to just stay on idle animation during sex scenes, but human would animate normally. So after not knowing why this was happening and a lot of testing I discovered NEMESIS was the culprit ,after that I just ended up with a simple and stupid idea, and it worked.... now everything is working, I'm just leaving this here for anyone is on a similar situation and is willing to test this dumb method that for some reason works, at least it seems, haven't tested extensively but  Combat gameplay overhaul is working normally and creature sex animations too.

I don't know if this is just me and everyone else is running both just fine or if this information is somewhere else, I just arrived at this point by having the problem I mentioned, then found out why and fixed it, if this is obvious for you, or you don't care about this just go on with your day and have fun, I just post this for anyone that gets into the same problem trying this same thing I tried to do(RUN FNIS and  NEMESIS together and keep Creature animations working)

IMPORTANT

This is using MO2 that's why I mention "overwrite" folder, because this is were all the files created by patches and external programs go to overwrite on top of mod basic files, I highly recommend using MO2, because thanks to "overwrite" folder we know that those files are the ones these programs are creating just when we run them so it is safe and easy to know what to delete or copy since it would be restored again by running the programs, if you are using other Mod manager that doesn't have this feature would recommend to be careful deleting stuff(or just avoid this method since would be harder to guess what to remove). 

First checking if everything on FNIS is not broken by default even without NEMESIS. I would advice to re install both mods(checking that FNIS creature pack is installed) from scratch to discard any other inconsistency.

1.- go to "overwrite" folder, delete anything FNIS related from "scripts" and go to folder "meshes" and delete the "actors" folder.

2.- Run FNIS, let it finish and check there's no warnings saying something is broken or not working, would advice to check the option "HKX file compatibility ..." for this first run to see if            there are incompatible animations.

3.- Open your game and test if creature animations and regular sex animations are running (new save), (all the usual process obviously: slal animation register, etc).

If everything is working fine with just FNIS then you can now go for the actual trick.

4.- go to "overwrite" folder, open the "meshes" folder, then got and open "actors" folder, inside there should be a lot of creature name related folders(containing the behavior files FNIS generated), select all the folders(creature related only, if FNIS created a "character" folder, we don't need it) and copy them, then on there (the "actor" folder or wherever you want on your pc) create a new folder name it however you want "FNIS Behavior backup" or whatever, open the new folder and Paste all the creature folders you copied.

5.- now run NEMESIS and let it finish ( Nemesis is going to fiddle your creature behaviors and ruin them), once nemesis is done, go back to where we were before ( actor folder on meshes), open the backup folder you created, copy all the backup creature folders, and paste on the actor folder, and overwrite everything ( that would restore FNIS behaviors while still maintaining the new folders and behaviors nemesis created).

6.- Create a new save, all the usual stuff, register slal animations and configure your mods.

Now everything should be working, at least for me it worked,  *obviously every time you add new FNIS related animations(Sex animations, etc.)  you will have to repeat more or less the same process.

Edited by Aensland_src
  • 11 months later...

This helped me to understand some of the systems at play, but ultimately my mind is made of two rocks banging together, and I both didn't understand some junk, and couldn't get some things to work as described.

I did however, get the creature animations to work regardless.

And it was really stupid.

Here's what I did. This was done in MO2.

Required are FNIS, FNIS Creatures, and Nemesis. Install them all into your load order. Put them in that priority order as well.

1.) Activate FNIS, FNIS Creatures, and Nemesis in the load order.

2,) run FNIS.

3,) Deactivate FNIS Creatures in the load order

4.) Run Nemesis.

5.) Reactivate FNIS Creatures in the load order

6.) Creature animations work now?????? And so does my combat overhaul crap????

I assume anything that FNIS creatures is overriding as far as Nemesis required mods go isn't going to work. But I have yet to run into any problems. It's a dumb hack made out of duct tape and sticks, but it runs. 

If you can't handle the other methods, give it a shot. It's at least easy. If it works for you at all.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi thanks for the help it worked!!

i found maby quicker metod for those with a lot of mods to do this so here it is (go first with the oryginal so you know what to do):

1. create a back up (blue arrow) 

2. disable all mods

3. enable mods with creature animations and finis

3. run finis

4. save meshes to new folder

5.load back up (yellow arrow)

6. run nemesis(i dont know if others have the same problem where nemesis sometimes crasches but for me i just run it copule of times and its works for me)

7. play the game

thenks angain for you guide Aenslad you are the best<3