[LE/SE] Guide on using Nemesis alongside FNIS

34 minutes ago, zzzzzka said:

Hi,

I am planing to try nemesis with my build, this pose is very helpful. Thank you.

do you use Ultimate combat? this mod will break the Draugr ,Falmers, and skeletons animation , because the author have added different "animation skeleton" for extra combat moves.

to workaround , you can delete or disable the related files from Ultimate Combat...

I honestly don't know why I haven't tried removing those animations from Ultimate Combat. I'm rebuilding my modlist yet again so I'll give it a go

After following this, everything works except Draugr and Skeletons. The only thing I have installed that people say can cause this is BIllys animations, but I'd really rather not get rid of that. Is there a way to make those animations play nice with Nemesis?

Edit: Fixed it. Ran FNIS, de-installed creatures, reinstalled FNIS from scratch, ran it one last time,  then ran Nemesis.

Edited by FilthyWeaboo

After messing with FNIS and nemesis for a month, I've come to the conclusion that nemesis just isn't there yet, at least if you use creature animations. And really, not ready in general. My reasoning for this is that, aside from getting different results between behavior engine builds without touching anything in my load order, there's a lot of other small things that are just off when using nemesis. Things like enemies not attacking, killed NPCs not falling to the ground and just kind of floating in the air and various other things. I've been uninstalling things I installed nemesis for because I've found I simply don't like a lot of things that require it, like how SkySA actually does more to limit combat than improve it, so now I'm down to one mod that requires nemesis, and it's going away today so I'll be back to just FNIS. Maybe I'll look at nemesis again in 6 months or so, or when I hear that full creature support has been added and the core problems with behavior generation have been fixed. Until then, I just don't need it or want it.

But I'll also say that the idea of finally having an open source replacement for FNIS is very exciting and I wish nothing but success for all those working on it.

On 4/30/2021 at 8:26 PM, fiinhvip said:

For vortex user, I also get the creature animation working by disable FNIS, the key is the output from FNIS. I ran FNIS with nemesis enabled and still working no problem(until now).

First, run FNIS through Vortex integrated FNIS (FNIS still required and enabled). Just enable FNIS in Settings -> Interface, then tick the box same as you would in FNIS. Deploy the mod normally and FNIS Data will be add automatically.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.79eef5c11339bfe2c0efc24d8a122729.pngimage.png.e9eed63ed9587272103ffdb35dbe9ab0.png

2nd, disable FNIS itself (not creatures/output). the output should be overwritten by Nemessis based animation.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.a4bdaa052127103308292cac369ca85c.pngOverwritting rules:image.png.30380efabe279ee677c65e302143c97a.png

3rd, run Nemessis.

Hello everyone. I have been trying to make this work with Vortex for some time now and today I finally did it. Not exactly sure how but I did it. I did what fiinhvip suggested and wanted to elaborate on that to hopefully help someone else make it work.

I sooo hope I can make this coherent enough to be understood.

Until today both FNIS and Nemesis were installed on my PC and ran almost ok for the most part. In FNIS I use only the 'SKELETON Arm fix' patch and in Nemesis the ones for the mods that require it ( eg: Combat Gameplay Overhaul, 360 Movement Behavior etc ).

Also, both FNIS and Nemesis were enabled during the hole process.

Spoiler

810546331_fnisnemesis17.jpg.332f9c7e5b7e7c8b50c4e203fe2fa782.jpg393007675_fnisnemesis18.jpg.71d29fe6a83fecbc3f3cfbd17c7808e0.jpg

Just as fiinhvip said, enable FNIS in Vortex Settings.

Spoiler

1814740918_fnisnemesis01.jpg.aabf93684c7299263d3685c33ece9d14.jpg

Now this part I'm not entirely sure but after ticking on the option mentioned above I deployed the mods and when that was done the FNIS tool started and clicked on the big yellow button ( Update FNIS Behavior ).

Spoiler

2087327691_fnisnemesis19.jpg.02f51cf20cdbe372c8c2b7675a47628b.jpg

When that was done a "new" mod popped up in Mods tab in Vortex  named 'FNIS Data'. I enable it and in the conflict rules thing I selected 'after' for every conflict.

Spoiler

465072086_fnisnemesis02.jpg.f6928fcb3dfddda8b182a5677809e403.jpg

But something about that FNIS Data folder Vortex didn't like.

After deploying the mods the conflicts were still there as if I did not chose what overrides what.

I looked at the conflicts again at the individual files, went to the 'Mod Staging Folder', found 'FNIS Data' folder and deleted the conflicting files.

FNIS Data > scripts: everything 

> meshes > actors > character > behaviors: everything

> characters: everything

> characters female: everything

> meshes > auxbones > tail > behaviors: everything

There were two more files but I don't remember where they were at. Refer to the images below to see what is missing. 

Spoiler

1328238521_fnisnemesis04.jpg.5c60e39d1bcc96db0934749e163744a9.jpg1711292630_fnisnemesis05.jpg.0aea7d9ea13c3dfc70b0bba78d754e2c.jpg588997518_fnisnemesis06.jpg.3994b8531d6a418fcd1d01d993ae254f.jpg2115244556_fnisnemesis07.jpg.e28aedaf7a94433f32305f81bb6bae16.jpg1549281442_fnisnemesis08.jpg.4fa73f95c4e64dea6d70d82c4822f2f1.jpg2061700031_fnisnemesis09.jpg.f55b756b91a7f231678e525d4c4d8e80.jpg1019833230_fnisnemesis10.jpg.82e619541dec2b92fff2ff1cd80e05c9.jpg2036535068_fnisnemesis11.jpg.581bed1d66595e2dc1392610a9b5f3be.jpg

After all that I deployed the mods again, resolved the conflicts ( 'after' for everything ) and ran Nemesis and that was pretty much it.

Vortex will ask if you want the files to remain deleted or to restore them. Choose 'yes' to delete them.

Skyrim launched and tested the animations for a bit, then the game crashed cuz that's normal, it's Skyrim, but overall the game is stable and nothing has gone tits up, so yeah... modding is fun...

Also, I ticked off FNIS in Vortex Settings not for a particular reason but I don't want it to start the tool every time it feels like it is needed to update the behavior files again. 

Spoiler

1219460832_fnisnemesis16.jpg.a32682b6d14228193ba4dfc45589598d.jpg

And here is a video showing FNIS, Nemesis and DAR animations working as intended.

https://mega.nz/embed/Idhi2YbB#kbE7qVhjMNVSpXwGt49py6Ki67Hejc_5EOmHrx_o_rk

Hope this helps. If I made a mistake feel free to correct me.

On 4/25/2021 at 11:23 PM, ee28 said:

Actually I think I may have just found a way. Here's how I did it. ( I use MO2)

- First rerun FNIS with this load order (In MO2 this is on the left pane)

FNIS SE

FNIS Creatures

Nemesis

Nemesis Output

-I didn't turn off Nemesis or PCEA, just the mods above that use it, the only anims that FNIS loaded was Sexlab animations.

-I turned off the initial FNIS Output to create an entirely new one, this is FNIS Output 2, though in my experience, you can probably delete it and still use your previous output without issues.

-I turned off FNIS SE and turned on Nemesis Output and all my other Nemesis using mods (make sure Nemesis Output has a FNIS esp, if it doesn't, it's because it crashed before it could finish fully.)

- I did not have to rerun Nemesis.

That should be it, tried it and draugr and falmer animations work fully again alongside my Nemesis mods and other creature animations as well.

It fucking works!

Edited by DumbPerv
On 5/24/2021 at 9:04 PM, MysticDaedra said:

New issue = new post. After running FNIS and Nemesis as per this guide, bound animations with both DD 5.1 and Toys are not working at all. My character continues to use her regular DAR idle/running animations. 

This is due to Nemesis.  FNIS has a specific hook that DDI and Toys makes use of to make bound animations work properly.  Nemesis does not have this hook making it impossible ATT to use Nemesis alone for generating animations when using either DDI or Toys.  FNIS must be used to generate those animations.  It might function properly if you place the FNIS data above DDI or Toys in your load order, it might not.  I don't know if anyone has tested that out.

3 hours ago, mercplatypus said:

This is due to Nemesis.  FNIS has a specific hook that DDI and Toys makes use of to make bound animations work properly.  Nemesis does not have this hook making it impossible ATT to use Nemesis alone for generating animations when using either DDI or Toys.  FNIS must be used to generate those animations.  It might function properly if you place the FNIS data above DDI or Toys in your load order, it might not.  I don't know if anyone has tested that out.

It's been a long time, but I think what I ended up doing was re-running FNIS and then running Nemesis on top of it (nemesis supports a lot more animations than FNIS does, and this allows the DD things and creature anims to function).

On 9/18/2021 at 7:37 PM, foooterman said:

Hello everyone. I have been trying to make this work with Vortex for some time now and today I finally did it. Not exactly sure how but I did it. I did what fiinhvip suggested and wanted to elaborate on that to hopefully help someone else make it work.

I sooo hope I can make this coherent enough to be understood.

Until today both FNIS and Nemesis were installed on my PC and ran almost ok for the most part. In FNIS I use only the 'SKELETON Arm fix' patch and in Nemesis the ones for the mods that require it ( eg: Combat Gameplay Overhaul, 360 Movement Behavior etc ).

Also, both FNIS and Nemesis were enabled during the hole process.

Hide contents

810546331_fnisnemesis17.jpg.332f9c7e5b7e7c8b50c4e203fe2fa782.jpg393007675_fnisnemesis18.jpg.71d29fe6a83fecbc3f3cfbd17c7808e0.jpg

Just as fiinhvip said, enable FNIS in Vortex Settings.

Hide contents

1814740918_fnisnemesis01.jpg.aabf93684c7299263d3685c33ece9d14.jpg

Now this part I'm not entirely sure but after ticking on the option mentioned above I deployed the mods and when that was done the FNIS tool started and clicked on the big yellow button ( Update FNIS Behavior ).

Hide contents

2087327691_fnisnemesis19.jpg.02f51cf20cdbe372c8c2b7675a47628b.jpg

When that was done a "new" mod popped up in Mods tab in Vortex  named 'FNIS Data'. I enable it and in the conflict rules thing I selected 'after' for every conflict.

Hide contents

465072086_fnisnemesis02.jpg.f6928fcb3dfddda8b182a5677809e403.jpg

But something about that FNIS Data folder Vortex didn't like.

After deploying the mods the conflicts were still there as if I did not chose what overrides what.

I looked at the conflicts again at the individual files, went to the 'Mod Staging Folder', found 'FNIS Data' folder and deleted the conflicting files.

FNIS Data > scripts: everything 

> meshes > actors > character > behaviors: everything

> characters: everything

> characters female: everything

> meshes > auxbones > tail > behaviors: everything

There were two more files but I don't remember where they were at. Refer to the images below to see what is missing. 

Hide contents

1328238521_fnisnemesis04.jpg.5c60e39d1bcc96db0934749e163744a9.jpg1711292630_fnisnemesis05.jpg.0aea7d9ea13c3dfc70b0bba78d754e2c.jpg588997518_fnisnemesis06.jpg.3994b8531d6a418fcd1d01d993ae254f.jpg2115244556_fnisnemesis07.jpg.e28aedaf7a94433f32305f81bb6bae16.jpg1549281442_fnisnemesis08.jpg.4fa73f95c4e64dea6d70d82c4822f2f1.jpg2061700031_fnisnemesis09.jpg.f55b756b91a7f231678e525d4c4d8e80.jpg1019833230_fnisnemesis10.jpg.82e619541dec2b92fff2ff1cd80e05c9.jpg2036535068_fnisnemesis11.jpg.581bed1d66595e2dc1392610a9b5f3be.jpg

After all that I deployed the mods again, resolved the conflicts ( 'after' for everything ) and ran Nemesis and that was pretty much it.

Vortex will ask if you want the files to remain deleted or to restore them. Choose 'yes' to delete them.

Skyrim launched and tested the animations for a bit, then the game crashed cuz that's normal, it's Skyrim, but overall the game is stable and nothing has gone tits up, so yeah... modding is fun...

Also, I ticked off FNIS in Vortex Settings not for a particular reason but I don't want it to start the tool every time it feels like it is needed to update the behavior files again. 

Hide contents

1219460832_fnisnemesis16.jpg.a32682b6d14228193ba4dfc45589598d.jpg

And here is a video showing FNIS, Nemesis and DAR animations working as intended.

https://mega.nz/embed/Idhi2YbB#kbE7qVhjMNVSpXwGt49py6Ki67Hejc_5EOmHrx_o_rk

Hope this helps. If I made a mistake feel free to correct me.

How did you get Nemesis to run at the end with "Ultimate Combat and Creature Behaviour's Nemesis Compatibility" Disabled and not get the error -

[  ERROR(2006): Missing behavior file. The behavior file name must be in this format ("Nemesis_<file name>.xml") and it must located in the same path as the hkx counterpart. Please    contact the mod author

File: falmerbehavior

Failed to update engine  }

Wondering because I see you have that mod too but you have it disabled? I get that "Missing behavior file" error whenever I try to run Nemesis without "Ultimate Combat and Creature Behaviour's Nemesis Compatibility" Enabled.

16 hours ago, Throwawayname10 said:

How did you get Nemesis to run at the end with "Ultimate Combat and Creature Behaviour's Nemesis Compatibility" Disabled and not get the error -

[  ERROR(2006): Missing behavior file. The behavior file name must be in this format ("Nemesis_<file name>.xml") and it must located in the same path as the hkx counterpart. Please    contact the mod author

File: falmerbehavior

Failed to update engine  }

Wondering because I see you have that mod too but you have it disabled? I get that "Missing behavior file" error whenever I try to run Nemesis without "Ultimate Combat and Creature Behaviour's Nemesis Compatibility" Enabled.

Disabling a mod called "Script free Flinching" fixed this error occuring for me.

Edited by Throwawayname10
Spelling
  • 2 weeks later...

i need to make all those folder of fnis output, the nemesis one and stuff all after the combat mods ? they need to overwritte everything right ? This giving me so much headache losing so much time to fix it ... first was the draugr and falmer problem but now none creatures do animations on sexlab scenes, would be much easier if whoever made this nemesis supported creatures

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2021 at 5:49 AM, eyeballjones said:

Letting you know and anyone else who might have my problem. It seems I needed a mix of the guide up top and what you did, don't know why and I want to find a more efficient way to generate this. But, here's the method I found that worked with PCEA and draugr/falmers.

1. Generate the Nemesis output using the guide from @Player80 (Nemesis_output_A). We don't need the FNIS output, but you need to generate that to generate nemesis

2. Generate the FNIS output 2 and Nemesis output from the guide from @ee28 (FNIS_output_B, Nemesis_output_B). 

3. In "meshes\actors\character\behaviors" of Nemesis_output_B, copy and paste the files from Nemesis_output_A

4. Keep the FNIS_Output_B and Nemesis_output_B on

5. Done. 

I guess somehow the way you generate worked for you and for your PCEA, but for me it didn't or I'm still misunderstanding what you did. But this might be a more explicit way to do it. 

For reasons I have no idea about, this method started to fail on me but I did figure out something else. New steps which are similar to the ones above, but I'll lay it fully out: 

1. Disable Nemesis and Generate FNIS Normally and enable the output (Call this FNIS_OUTPUT_A)

2. Disable FNIS and enable Nemesis 

3. Generate Nemesis (Call this Nemesis_OUTPUT_A)

4. Turn both outputs off 

5. Disable all nemesis animations except for PCEA and Nemesis itself '

6. Enable FNIS and generate (Call this output FNIS_OUTPUT_B)

7. Copy and paste files in "meshes/actors/draugr" of FNIS_OUTPUT_B to FNIS_OUTPUT_A -> This applies with any other creatures that don't work, falmer as well if it isn't working for you.

8. Enable FNIS_OUTPUT_A and Nemesis_output_A, letting Nemesis output load after FNIS Output. 

Again, this method is super convoluted so I'm going to do more experimenting to reduce the number of steps, I also only tested draugr because it was the one creature I knew wasn't working with me with the original method. Maybe this will help someone out there :)

I found that as long as you don't add anything that is specifically being generated for FNIS (like sexlab animations) then you can regenerate Nemesis output B by itself with FNIS_OUTPUT_B and then regenerating Nemesis_output_B from there without doing anything to FNIS_OUTPUT_C. You might still need to copy the files from Nemesis_output_A. 

Edit: I found out that previously I was generating an extra nemesis output that I didn't need to so this cut down the steps by a lot. 

Edited by eyeballjones
Updated new optimized new steps
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried OP's suggestion, my nemesis combat mods are working as intended, and human SL animations all work but creatures would just stand in place during scenes. Not sure if there's something within nemesis that deliberately messes up creature anims, though we'd need someone to look into the Nemesis source for that one.

For now it looks like if you want SL creature support you shouldn't run Nemesis alongside FNIS. Haven't tried testing DD though.

• 2 weeks later...

I have this problem where my character is just stuck in the Idle Animation, and can't perform any actions such as jumping or drawing weapons, for whatever reason. The only warning I got from FNIS is the not run from legal steam directory, which is due to me installing FNIS on a Wabbajack Modlist. Do I need to give any more info to help solve my problemo?

Edited by SilentStormOne
  • 2 weeks later...

Something to note; I followed the steps mentioned before; however, Nemesis was deleting all creature behaviours from the FNIS Output mod folder.

So I made a backup of the FNIS Output folder before running Nemesis, and restored it after it was done. So far it seems to be working.

On 11/16/2021 at 1:04 AM, SilentStormOne said:

I have this problem where my character is just stuck in the Idle Animation, and can't perform any actions such as jumping or drawing weapons, for whatever reason. The only warning I got from FNIS is the not run from legal steam directory, which is due to me installing FNIS on a Wabbajack Modlist. Do I need to give any more info to help solve my problemo?

I had this issue because I failed to read the patch notes from Nemesis Unlimited engine, and downloaded version 0.83c since it said that it was the version made for SE. Turns out 0.84 is for both SE and LE. Using that fixed the stuck in Idle bug for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Great tutorial, I got it working on the very first try.

Also if Nemesis is acting up giving you an error 2006 or FNIS gives an error, it's because Microsoft has decided to work under the hood for Windows Defender. So make an exclusion for both executables FNIS and Nemesis 

@Player80 After reading the instruction, i wonder if i need FNIS at all. I do not use creature animation.

Besides, what are the benefits of Nemesis compared to FNIS?

I am sorry but i haven't read to much on Nemesis yet.
Thanks for doing this guide.

On 6/13/2021 at 12:48 PM, urielmanx7 said:

0.-Deactivate Nemesis

1.-Generate FNIS files.

2.-Deactive ALL FNIS (Base, Creatures, Output)

3.-Run Nemesis

4.-Delete "meshes" folder from Nemesis Output (EDIT: Leave the character one, that is needed for Nemesis)

5.-Enable all FNIS

*.-Nemesis Output loads last of everything

**.-FNIS.esp is no longer needed(?). There's a mod that disables the dependecy for Xp32 and Sexlab

After trying other people's solutions and my own attempts for 6+ hours, this is what finally worked for me thank god. It sounds simple, like a lot of other people's guide so the defining step must be disabling FNIS.esp, which when I loaded in I noticed no buggy behaviors with my Nemesis-Specific mods. (TDM, Slow Sprint Bug Fix, Movement Behavior Overhaul, SideSaddle Combat Animations, Ice Skating Fix) I'll edit this message if I notice any issues after a few days of playing.

Sup does anyone know how to solve a issue of dogs standing still/doing thier regular animations (like sitting) instead of SLAnims ?

EDIT:Note the issue is only with Canines and Charuses for some reason,ive also deleted 360 movement behavior but kept True Directional Movement

btw down below im posting my load order and LOOT order

#Mod_Priority,#Mod_Status,#Mod_Name
"0000","+","DLC: HearthFires"
"0001","+","DLC: Dragonborn"
"0002","+","DLC: Dawnguard"
"0003","+","FileAccess Interface for Skyrim SE Scripts - FISSES"
"0004","+","Project New Reign - Nemesis Unlimited Behavior Engine"
"0005","-","Project New Reign - Nemesis PCEA"
"0006","-","Fores New Idles in Skyrim SE - FNIS SE"
"0007","+","XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended"
"0008","+","(SGC) SkySA - Combat Behavior Compulsion"
"0009","+","XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended - Fixed Scripts"
"0010","+","Immersive Weapons"
"0011","+","ENB Helper SE"
"0012","+","Mfg Fix"
"0013","+","UIExtensions"
"0014","+","Touched by Dibella"
"0015","+","Obsidian Weathers and Seasons"
"0016","+","JContainers SE"
"0017","+","VioLens - A Killmove Mod SE"
"0018","+","3PCO - 3rd Person Camera Overhaul - Smooth Camera Follow"
"0019","+","Jaxonz MCM Kicker SE"
"0020","+","MCM Helper"
"0021","+","True Directional Movement - Modernized Third Person Gameplay"
"0022","+","Inpa Sekiro Combat"
"0023","+","OBIS SE - Organized Bandits In Skyrim Special Edition"
"0024","+","SkyHUD"
"0025","+","BodySlide and Outfit Studio"
"0026","-","Silver-Throat - Argonian Follower SE (Default - TBD a)"
"0027","+","Silver-Throat - Argonian Follower SE (Default - TBD)"
"0028","+","FemFeet Redesigned Shoes for Flawn's Vanilla Argonians Redux (SOS and UNP)"
"0029","+","CBPC - Physics with Collisions"
"0030","+","The Eyes Of Beauty SSE"
"0031","+","WAAAAAAA"
"0032","+","PapyrusUtil SE - Modders Scripting Utility Functions"
"0033","+","Fuz Ro D-oh - Silent Voice"
"0034","+","Flawn's Vanilla Argonians Redux"
"0035","+","Flawn's Argonian Overlays"
"0036","+","ApachiiSkyHair SSE"
"0037","+","RaceMenu"
"0038","+","Alternate Start - Live Another Life - SSE"
"0039","+","Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim"
"0040","+","360 Movement Behavior SE"
"0041","+","UNDERDOG Animations"
"0042","+","Loki's Wade In Water"
"0043","+","Scrolling Speed Continued - adjust your running speed with mouse wheel"
"0044","+","Elder Souls - Sweep Attacks Standalone SE"
"0045","+","Combo Animation Framework"
"0046","+","Stances - Dynamic Animation Sets (Add-On)"
"0047","+","Stances - Dynamic Animation Sets"
"0048","+","AMR Stance Framework"
"0049","+","JH Combat Animation Pack"
"0050","+","Black Hound Moveset"
"0051","-","Dark Wraith sword animations for Skysa AMR"
"0052","+","SkySa Bug Fix"
"0053","+","Skyrim's Paraglider"
"0054","+","TK Dodge SE"
"0055","+","IFrame Generator"