Mugginnato

[mod] [Stellaris] Vanilla Framework

12 hours ago, Mugginnato said:

I still think it's a load order thing, the patch just doesn't do enough to cause issues. Could you try LV, VF, SE patch, SE Human? If that still doesn't work, disable the patch then go into VF/common/species_classes and open 00_species_classes in notepad or something similar. The # symbol is used to disable human portraits, and just delete it for now. 

You can try this too since it could rule out the patch being the issue. I thought not having those dlc's might cause problems, I was able to get someones help to test that (they didn't have Necroids) and it worked fine for them.

Just had a look at the base games files about graphical culture, they check for dlc and if they can't find the files they default to the mammalian culture. Without seeing the log file about those crashes, I just have to assume that something somewhere is corrupted or conflicting. Validating the game files might help.

I'd appreciate it if you could make a list, I just went over them 3 times and (apart from Mol01) I couldn't see any. I might be blind to it at this stage.

Edit: I caught an error I made with machines while trying to test the SE patch to see if I could replicate the ship/city appearance crashes(no luck there). There was also a mistake with the SE patches, the same machine one plus a directory error. If there's no other typeos you can see then I'll upload them early tomorrow.

I only caught the one typo about Mol01. I didn't see any others when I looked through it but I'll check again when I have time tomorrow.

Also I'm not having crashes like other people are getting, just the blank portraits for humans only (the humanoids work fine with your mod, even with the SE humanoid installed).

I already tried deleting the # symbol before "human", but that isn't helping either. I'll see if I can play around with the load order to see if that fixes anything.

And FWIW, SE human 2 somehow uses a new file for human portraits (90_portraits_human.txt instead of the default 07_portraits_human.txt), and it is able to apply retroactively to the human portraits (probably to account for the new assets that change based on happiness, psionics, etc.). Maybe the default 07_portraits_human.txt you include messes with that but I'm not sure (I'm also using the LV patch for SE Human 2 that's here on LL, and loading that one last)

9 hours ago, zelayasrevenge301 said:

I only caught the one typo about Mol01. I didn't see any others when I looked through it but I'll check again when I have time tomorrow.

Also I'm not having crashes like other people are getting, just the blank portraits for humans only (the humanoids work fine with your mod, even with the SE humanoid installed).

I already tried deleting the # symbol before "human", but that isn't helping either. I'll see if I can play around with the load order to see if that fixes anything.

And FWIW, SE human 2 somehow uses a new file for human portraits (90_portraits_human.txt instead of the default 07_portraits_human.txt), and it is able to apply retroactively to the human portraits (probably to account for the new assets that change based on happiness, psionics, etc.). Maybe the default 07_portraits_human.txt you include messes with that but I'm not sure (I'm also using the LV patch for SE Human 2 that's here on LL, and loading that one last)

I just installed Se human 2 and it seemed to work fine, my load order was (first to last); LV, UI overhaul dynamic, VF, Se patch, Se Human 2.
Basically, VF overwrites the base games classes file and tells the game which portraits to use for which species, the patch then overwrites that but now includes humans, and then SE Human 2 changes what the human portraits are. If there's a blank portrait, that could mean that something is wrong with SE or the game itself. It generally means that either the assets are missing or that the portrait file (90_portraits_human.txt) is pointing to the wrong place. It could also point to a load order issue, but since VF includes the unmodified 07_portraits_human.txt file it should go to the default. 

1 hour ago, Mortmenir said:

Is it compatible with SE Humanoid plus and SE Human 2? 
What is VF SE Combined?

It's compatible with SE Human, Humanoid, Human 2, and the pluses. VF disables the human and humanoid that SE uses so you need to use one of the compatibility patches depending on which you are using.

VF SE Human is for just enabling the human portraits.

VF SE Humanoid just enables the humanoid portraits.

VF SE Combined enables both.

1 hour ago, Mugginnato said:

It's compatible with SE Human, Humanoid, Human 2, and the pluses. VF disables the human and humanoid that SE uses so you need to use one of the compatibility patches depending on which you are using.

VF SE Human is for just enabling the human portraits.

VF SE Humanoid just enables the humanoid portraits.

VF SE Combined enables both.

Thank you! It is clear now)

Hello I want to know something about your compatibility patch too 

I see the two patch (the one for SE and the one of ToT) change the same file 

are they compatible with each other(I have the SE mod and Tot in my load order)  or do we need to use only 1 of those patches ? 

forgot what I say , just modify all my load order and now I get the best of each ^^ 

anyway thanks for your mod :) 

For whatever reason no arrangement of SE Human(+oid) and this mod works for me. I can't find anything in my entire modlist which deals with city appearances whatsoever so this CTD issue is particularly befuddling. I might try ripping out SE + the patch and cross my fingers because I'll take an overall quality loss for more lewd ^_^

1 hour ago, Lilocca said:

For whatever reason no arrangement of SE Human(+oid) and this mod works for me. I can't find anything in my entire modlist which deals with city appearances whatsoever so this CTD issue is particularly befuddling. I might try ripping out SE + the patch and cross my fingers because I'll take an overall quality loss for more lewd ^_^

Hmm, I think I'm just gonna have to enable base human and humanoids so it's more friendly with SE, or have a simple drag and drop patch. Short term solutions:

1) Just drag and drop the contents of the VF SE patch into VF (Human for human/plus/2, Humanoid for humanoids/plus, and Combined for both)

2) go to Vanilla Framework/common/species_classes and open 00_species_classes in notepad or similar. Just delete the # symbol in front of human and humanoid 2~5.

I really don't think VF is causing crashes on city/ship selection because it doesn't touch any of that and it's something I can't seem to replicate. If you wouldn't mind sending me your crash log, I might be able to figure out if VF is in some way related.

Does this mod change how the portraits function from vanilla, or does it just replace stuff? Basically I was thinking of manually dropping stuff from other mods in and was wondering how easy that would be.

16 minutes ago, freeshooter92 said:

Does this mod change how the portraits function from vanilla, or does it just replace stuff? Basically I was thinking of manually dropping stuff from other mods in and was wondering how easy that would be.

It adds custom portraits to each species while disabling the vanilla ones. What you want to do should be simple enough, it just seems like you might have to fiddle with the species classes files if they use the same name or try to redefine a species class such as Humanoids.

14 hours ago, TexasLaneChange said:

hi just installed the mod, all of the portraits work as far as i can tell except the humanoid one. ive rearranged mod order, and do not have any mods that change or modify the humanoid portraits?

What exactly is wrong with it? Are they still the vanilla portraits, empty boxes, not available at all, or something else?

Verifying game files is usually a good first step, then deleting, downloading and installing a fresh version to eliminate file corruption. 

Just launching the game with VF after this should confirm its working, but if the problem come back with the other mods active then its either a conflict or load order issue. It's also generally best to keep VF as the last mod loaded.

I have installed the mod, but it only adds to the list of portraits, instead of replacing them, for me. Any way to fix this? Don't want to see the standard ones being randomly generated. Whether there is a specific fix for this, or an unrelated mod to simply remove  them, I'm thankful for any fix.

Love what I've seen from the mod, though!

On 4/26/2021 at 3:28 AM, Mugginnato said:

Hmm, I think I'm just gonna have to enable base human and humanoids so it's more friendly with SE, or have a simple drag and drop patch. Short term solutions:

1) Just drag and drop the contents of the VF SE patch into VF (Human for human/plus/2, Humanoid for humanoids/plus, and Combined for both)

2) go to Vanilla Framework/common/species_classes and open 00_species_classes in notepad or similar. Just delete the # symbol in front of human and humanoid 2~5.

I really don't think VF is causing crashes on city/ship selection because it doesn't touch any of that and it's something I can't seem to replicate. If you wouldn't mind sending me your crash log, I might be able to figure out if VF is in some way related.

I don't appear to have one, bizarrely. The last crash log I've got is from like a week before I was fiddling around with this + SE.
Also - I'm midgame rn but I'll give that fix a try next time I start fresh, thanks!

Out of curiosity I went through the various SE mods I've got installed and there isn't anything to do with a city/shipset there either. So I have no shipsets or cities whatsoever anywhere in my custom files, but...we've got this silly issue still.

This is SO weird.

15 hours ago, EaglePhntm said:

i dont seem to be able to get any of the loverslab mods working in my game... just steam.. what do i do?

Could be the launcher (which is kinda temperamental), a mod conflict, or perhaps some are out of date because of the recent base game update. You might find things easier with the Irony Mod Manager launcher, seems like most people I know use it. Other than that, I'm not sure what I can do for you.

11 hours ago, Xenros said:

I have installed the mod, but it only adds to the list of portraits, instead of replacing them, for me. Any way to fix this? Don't want to see the standard ones being randomly generated. Whether there is a specific fix for this, or an unrelated mod to simply remove  them, I'm thankful for any fix.

Love what I've seen from the mod, though!

That's a weird one. Delete the VF folder, re-download and install fresh is always a good first step. Make sure it's the last mod in the load order, and make sure you're not using the More Vanilla patch. If it persists after that I may need some screenshots and a list of your mods. And thank you, I'm glad you like the mod so far.

11 hours ago, Lilocca said:

I don't appear to have one, bizarrely. The last crash log I've got is from like a week before I was fiddling around with this + SE.
Also - I'm midgame rn but I'll give that fix a try next time I start fresh, thanks!

Out of curiosity I went through the various SE mods I've got installed and there isn't anything to do with a city/shipset there either. So I have no shipsets or cities whatsoever anywhere in my custom files, but...we've got this silly issue still.

This is SO weird.

Are you using any mods that might add ship or city appearances? Lustful Void has some city sets, it's possible you may need to get a fresh download and reinstall due to corruption.

It could also be something to do with your machine (gpu, chipsets, idk), like how only some people get small portraits if the dds file was mad with mipmapping enabled. This might mean that my dlc species workaround could be the culprit. If everything else doesn't work, I can make a quick drag and drop patch for you to test this theory.

On 4/27/2021 at 6:20 AM, Mugginnato said:

What exactly is wrong with it? Are they still the vanilla portraits, empty boxes, not available at all, or something else?

Verifying game files is usually a good first step, then deleting, downloading and installing a fresh version to eliminate file corruption. 

Just launching the game with VF after this should confirm its working, but if the problem come back with the other mods active then its either a conflict or load order issue. It's also generally best to keep VF as the last mod loaded.

sorry should have been more specific, the vanilla portraits are still showing up. However in game the humanoid portraits still show up as pre sapient empires. I just cant see or select them for an empire. 

13 minutes ago, TexasLaneChange said:

sorry should have been more specific, the vanilla portraits are still showing up. However in game the humanoid portraits still show up as pre sapient empires. I just cant see or select them for an empire. 

That's rather odd. I'll see about making a few changes to the next update about that. Right now, VF doesn't create a custom name for pre-sapient sets, it just overwrites their portrait file so they shouldn't be able to even find the vanilla images. Have you tried the steps I suggested? Also, does this still happen with just VF active? I'm just trying to rule out file corruption or mod conflicts this way.

1 hour ago, Mugginnato said:

That's rather odd. I'll see about making a few changes to the next update about that. Right now, VF doesn't create a custom name for pre-sapient sets, it just overwrites their portrait file so they shouldn't be able to even find the vanilla images. Have you tried the steps I suggested? Also, does this still happen with just VF active? I'm just trying to rule out file corruption or mod conflicts this way.

with VF inactive, the game portraits and empire seem to work normally even with pre-sapient empires. I've uninstalled stellaris, redownloaded VF and its at the bottom of my load order. load order atm is LV, VF, and then your robot portrait mods coming after. My other mods include planet diversity mods and UI overhauls mods. and a few galaxy mods. But no other mods that change or mess with vanilla portraits. im gonna  try and one buy one active my seperate mods and see maybe if one is conflicting.

3 minutes ago, TexasLaneChange said:

with VF inactive, the game portraits and empire seem to work normally even with pre-sapient empires. I've uninstalled stellaris, redownloaded VF and its at the bottom of my load order. load order atm is LV, VF, and then your robot portrait mods coming after. My other mods include planet diversity mods and UI overhauls mods. and a few galaxy mods. But no other mods that change or mess with vanilla portraits. im gonna  try and one buy one active my seperate mods and see maybe if one is conflicting.

The galaxy mods might have scripted solar systems or events, I can't say for sure, but what I can tell you is that my old robot portraits mod(s) is rolled into VF so you don't need them. I've not looked at them in a long while so they are could potentially be the cause. One or more version of it uses the 00_species_classes file which deals with pre-sapients, so aside from anything else, you can just remove those.

4 hours ago, Mugginnato said:

The galaxy mods might have scripted solar systems or events, I can't say for sure, but what I can tell you is that my old robot portraits mod(s) is rolled into VF so you don't need them. I've not looked at them in a long while so they are could potentially be the cause. One or more version of it uses the 00_species_classes file which deals with pre-sapients, so aside from anything else, you can just remove those.

ok well took me awhile but i did the one by one turning mods off and seeing when it would revert back to old vanilla portraits, (which i should have known immediately but overlooked it) Sins of the prophet mod conflicted i didnt even think about it modifying the human portraits. Love your mod though keep up the good work. and thanks for the responses.

17 minutes ago, Greyfox18 said:

cant find the download link

Sorry about that, I updated the change log witch seems to have broken the page, here's the link while I fix it;

Can't seem to get the Tons Of Tits patch working, it adds all the vanilla humanoids and machines back in. Also the tot machines just give the humanoid portraits. I don't have any mods changing the portrait files or the species_class files.

14 hours ago, Fliits said:

Can't seem to get the Tons Of Tits patch working, it adds all the vanilla humanoids and machines back in. Also the tot machines just give the humanoid portraits. I don't have any mods changing the portrait files or the species_class files.

That patch is a bit out of date, so I'd recommend either waiting for the next update (will be soon-ish) or editing VF's species classes to add ToT's sets and not using the patch.

Also, what is your load order?