[mod] [Stellaris] Vanilla Framework

On 1/8/2022 at 5:38 AM, 1101010 said:

I'm having the exact same problem. Could you share what the issue was? I can't see what I did wrong.

sorry for the late reply I was missing a DLC as this mod heavily relies on them if you are missing a DLC the mod doesn't like working I do believe there is an option to "hide" non-owned DLC but I haven't played in a while. hope this helps

10 hours ago, Deamonkingg said:

sorry for the late reply I was missing a DLC as this mod heavily relies on them if you are missing a DLC the mod doesn't like working I do believe there is an option to "hide" non-owned DLC but I haven't played in a while. hope this helps

I'm going to add an experimental resource patch for dlc to my to-do list. I'm hoping that if the graphical cultures, ships, etc are linked to the mod rather than the missing dlc, the problem will be resolved. Alternative things players could do is move the species they don't own to the patch folder or just delete them. If the problem species aren't there then that could solve it too. I think I may also have too look into making dlc species into custom species so they're not linked to dlc.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/8/2022 at 9:51 PM, Mugginnato said:

First troubleshooting step I'd suggest is a fresh download and install of VF and to verify game files. If it still happens, can you tell me what species you had selected and what dlc you have? I half suspect it's a graphical culture thing for un-owned dlc but I can't replicate it.

Thank you for the reply. I just bought every dlc just in case. I'll check through the guide and try it again. Thanks for the mod and reply.

Edit) Solved the problem. The game still crashes when I try to select a city portrait, but for some reason that I don't know it just works when I play without choosing a city portrait. Just playing the game since city portraits aren't that important for me. So happy to see the aliens look better.

Edited by 1101010
50 minutes ago, Mugginnato said:

Yup, it does that. If you want them back you can delete files from the prescripted_countries folder.

Ah Okay. I thought It replaced the vanilla ones. Ty for clarification

26 minutes ago, amnezja122 said:

Dunno if it's only me, but when I click "Download this file" it automatically downloads version 1.15

Yeah I was confused by this as well

1 hour ago, amnezja122 said:

Dunno if it's only me, but when I click "Download this file" it automatically downloads version 1.15

Yeah, something went screwy there. Should all be fixed now.

Edit: Had to reupload again, might have something to do with the sites recent errors/issues.

Edited by Mugginnato
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, qwert2y said:

So I started using this mod and have noticed that all of the AI's always have only male leaders. I have yet to find one that uses any of the female images and was wondering if there is a way to correct this?

Try using VF by itself to rule out it conflicting with other mods. If it still happens, then delete VF folder and do a fresh download and install. Also, which portrait sets are you seeing this with? As in, always vanilla machines or always VF Syntyhs etc. We can try disabling vanilla machines if this continues.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Megumin. said:

Does this mod not replace the machine species?

Not fully, probably should have disabled the vanilla sets in the last release. Drop these two files in 'Vanilla Framework/common/species_classes' if you want to remove them. You should test the VF by itself after to make sure that it works. Other mods/patches might still have them enabled but  it's very easy to fix that too.

_100_VF_Machine_classes.txt

_100_VF_Robot_classes.txt

Edited by Mugginnato
  • 1 month later...
On 5/18/2022 at 11:49 AM, Gam3Fr3ak20 said:

3.4. broke the compatability for SE: Humans 2

Sorry, totally swamped with work atm, haven't had a chance to work on the mod or keep up with the updates. I can have a look and maybe get a patch out late Monday or early Tuesday.

I'd also like to apologize to everyone else who've been waiting for fixed/content while I'm here.

On 5/18/2022 at 11:49 AM, Gam3Fr3ak20 said:

3.4. broke the compatability for SE: Humans 2

I had a look and I can't see how it would break the compatibility, but this patch (also posted on the main page) has the updated species for humanoids and now has the new enclaves too. This should hopefully do the trick, but if not, let me know and we'll sort this out.

_101_VF_3.4_Patch.txt 

2 hours ago, Mugginnato said:

I had a look and I can't see how it would break the compatibility, but this patch (also posted on the main page) has the updated species for humanoids and now has the new enclaves too. This should hopefully do the trick, but if not, let me know and we'll sort this out.

_101_VF_3.4_Patch.txt 1.47 kB · 1 download  

It seemed to be the SE; Humans 2, but it might have been one of the LV compatibility patch since i turned that one off too. It made all the vanilla portraits blank while allowing them to be selected to use. unfortunately i use about 40+ mods and diagnosing the game is torturous.

Edited by Gam3Fr3ak20
addon
10 minutes ago, Gam3Fr3ak20 said:

Screenshot (3).png

I think you might have another VF patch in the species_classes folder, the 3.4 patch would have the 7 VF humanoids + the 5 or 6 from the base game. Since we can still see the VF portraits I think you might have another patch active. I think it would be the "_102_SEhumanoinds_SSXrobot_ToT_combined_Patch_0.9" patch as that adds the 4 sets from ToT (assuming you don't use it or it's inactive) and since it starts with _102 it would load after the 3.4 patch.

This would be my best guess right now, 

4 minutes ago, Gam3Fr3ak20 said:

I found which mod made the issue, its the SE Portraits AIO Patch, don't remember what it patches, but turning it off fixes the issue.

Posted literally as I was typing, oh well, so long as it works, that's all that matters.