[mod] [Stellaris] Vanilla Framework

1 hour ago, ArcaneHowitzer said:

I was actually thinking Zerg for the Prethoryn Scourge. It feels more "on theme" for them. Or Tyranids, which are pretty much just a different brand of the same product.

As for the Invaders, I guess Novakids work. There aren't really a whole lot of 'energy being' races floating around, at least not with enough variation to work for a project like this.

Zerg and Tyranids could definitely work, I just went with Xenomorphs as a first choice because I'm listening to a lot of the free Alien novels on Audible. 

The Invaders don't have to be energy beings if a suitable image set/ species could fit well enough.  Because (lore spoilers) 

Spoiler

their aim seems to be consuming all life in this dimension/galaxy we could use Tyranids rather than Novakids as they are just space cowboys.

It's a real shame that you have to choose only one patch to use, I enjoy this mod greatly but it precludes the use others. If I could, I'd be using three of them. I tried to make a janky patch that combined two of them as a test, the "101_VF_More_Vanilla_Patch_0.7" and "101_VF_ToT_Patch_0.7", but I could only get 4 of the portraits working. Weird having a planet populated entirely by the same anime chick, especially since I couldn't find the portrait in the leader creator. I was gonna add the "101_VF_SSX_Robot_Patch_0.7", but didn't want to haunt my game any further.

Anyone got any suggestions on this? Am I missing something obvious?

It wouldn't be the first time.

6 hours ago, HmnTVI4 said:

It's a real shame that you have to choose only one patch to use, I enjoy this mod greatly but it precludes the use others. If I could, I'd be using three of them. I tried to make a janky patch that combined two of them as a test, the "101_VF_More_Vanilla_Patch_0.7" and "101_VF_ToT_Patch_0.7", but I could only get 4 of the portraits working. Weird having a planet populated entirely by the same anime chick, especially since I couldn't find the portrait in the leader creator. I was gonna add the "101_VF_SSX_Robot_Patch_0.7", but didn't want to haunt my game any further.

Anyone got any suggestions on this? Am I missing something obvious?

It wouldn't be the first time.

If those patch files don't start with an underscore, i.e "_101_VF_etc" then you might need to update to the latest (0.8.1 or 0.8.1b if you want the gender policy pre-patched). It seems like Stellaris has a weird priority system that supersedes the launchers load order, so now there is an extra layer compatibility problems. I will also double check to see if those mods had any updates that might break the patches.

For now this should be a working combined patch,_102_SEhumanoinds_SSXrobot_ToT_combined_Patch.txt. Let me know it this solves the problem.

On 9/4/2021 at 4:56 AM, Mugginnato said:

If those patch files don't start with an underscore, i.e "_101_VF_etc" then you might need to update to the latest (0.8.1 or 0.8.1b if you want the gender policy pre-patched). It seems like Stellaris has a weird priority system that supersedes the launchers load order, so now there is an extra layer compatibility problems. I will also double check to see if those mods had any updates that might break the patches.

For now this should be a working combined patch,_102_SEhumanoinds_SSXrobot_ToT_combined_Patch.txt. Let me know it this solves the problem.

And it absolutely does! Thank you so much for your help. :)

I did need to update as well, I think I better understand how the game reads the files, I had figured that the numbering was just an easy way to order things. Turns out the game uses that system too!

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Modalsauce said:

im having an issue with none of the portaits showing up. only this mod is loaded and its not an issue with the new version because tried both .8 and .9 versions.

Delete the VF folder and it's .mod file, then do a fresh download and install is a good first troubleshooting step. My reply times may be spotty as my internet is down and I'm having to rely on mobile data.

6 hours ago, Mugginnato said:

Delete the VF folder and it's .mod file, then do a fresh download and install is a good first troubleshooting step. My reply times may be spotty as my internet is down and I'm having to rely on mobile data.

finally got it working had to delete my documents/stelaris folder and reinstall the the game.

16 hours ago, darthvaapad said:

I'm having problems with the mod to include the vanilla races patch, it won't include the plantoids and restricts both the added plantoids and fungoids to one portrait.

Delete the VF mod folder and .mod file, then do a fresh download and install. Also test VF by itself. If it happens again with other mods then there's either a conflict or a load order issue. I think it was most likely a corrupted download, so a fresh download and install should fix it.

You can also try loading VF by itself without the patch, then with it to see if there's an issue with the patch itself. 

In every game I make with this mod, it seems like the Baol01 set gets used for a random species, which makes for a visually pretty dull race to interact with since they only have the two portraits. Should there be something preventing that? Also, I think there's an errant #  in _100_VF_Reptilian_classes stopping the Rep01 set being visible for selection.

Pretty sure I should be better asking this somewhere else, but is there an easy way to get around the new limitation on not being able to use the same profile set with a second species origin?

Edited by Jukashi
14 hours ago, Jukashi said:

In every game I make with this mod, it seems like the Baol01 set gets used for a random species, which makes for a visually pretty dull race to interact with since they only have the two portraits. Should there be something preventing that? Also, I think there's an errant #  in _100_VF_Reptilian_classes stopping the Rep01 set being visible for selection.

Pretty sure I should be better asking this somewhere else, but is there an easy way to get around the new limitation on not being able to use the same profile set with a second species origin?

You're right, the Baol set shouldn't be used for random species, at least for VF. I think I'll either need to adjust the conditions in the classes file or just add more images. Not really a mistake with Rep01, that set is the left over images from the first iteration that didn't get sorted into a group or will get their own group in another update. Enable them if you like.

There are probably better ways, but all I can think to do is to create a duplicate of the set you want. For example, you'd add "Hum02 Copy" to the classes file, then copy the section of code for that set from it's portrait file and create a new one but changing the set name to match. A downside is that you might see a few more instances of that set generating. 

On 10/30/2021 at 6:39 AM, Mugginnato said:

Delete the VF mod folder and .mod file, then do a fresh download and install. Also test VF by itself. If it happens again with other mods then there's either a conflict or a load order issue. I think it was most likely a corrupted download, so a fresh download and install should fix it.

You can also try loading VF by itself without the patch, then with it to see if there's an issue with the patch itself. 

I've done all of that already and it works without the patch but removes all of the regular plantoids, and won't let them or the added fungoids pick a rulerr.

15 hours ago, darthvaapad said:

I've done all of that already and it works without the patch but removes all of the regular plantoids, and won't let them or the added fungoids pick a rulerr.

Turns out Paradox renamed the code for plantoids, so that's why the vanilla ones weren't showing up. I also for got to remove the 'gender = no' segment which could explain the leader issue. 

Let me know if this hotfix works for you so I can upload it properly.

_101_VF_More_Vanilla Patch_0.9 - Hotfix.txt

7 hours ago, Mugginnato said:

Turns out Paradox renamed the code for plantoids, so that's why the vanilla ones weren't showing up. I also for got to remove the 'gender = no' segment which could explain the leader issue. 

Let me know if this hotfix works for you so I can upload it properly.

_101_VF_More_Vanilla Patch_0.9 - Hotfix.txt 10.37 kB · 6 downloads

That fixed it, Thanks for responding so quickly.

I think that might be a problem:
In file \common\species_names\xenophilia_species_names.txt
1) Koletzal has empty home_system (Ln: 239) and (Ln: 498)

Koletzal= {
		name = Koletzal
		plural = Koletzals
		home_planet = "Akrai"
		home_system = 
		name_list = "HUM4"
	}

2) XEN (Ln: 261) has no closing brackets in (Ln: 517)

1 hour ago, frisknoffer said:

I think that might be a problem:
In file \common\species_names\xenophilia_species_names.txt
1) Koletzal has empty home_system (Ln: 239) and (Ln: 498)

Koletzal= {
		name = Koletzal
		plural = Koletzals
		home_planet = "Akrai"
		home_system = 
		name_list = "HUM4"
	}

2) XEN (Ln: 261) has no closing brackets in (Ln: 517)

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I'm not sure if the empty home system if an issue, but I'll add that bracket and do some testing tomorrow.

11 hours ago, Railgunner2160 said:

Love the mod, used it since 0.7 on my LV playthroughs!! With the announcement of the "Aquatic Species Pack" can we expect to see an update with some lovely aquatic potraits? What effect will this have on the Molluscoid portraits given many of them are aquatic-ish??

Thank you, I'm glad to hear you like it! Yeah, Paradox just wants to make the distinction harder for me it seems. I did have a poll up a while ago asking where people thought Mermaids and other such Sharkfolk should go, so I guess that cleared that up. Anything that still fits under the molluscoid banner will stay there I think, but I might have to get creative if the numbers are too low. It'll be annoying, but it'll get done. If you can think of more things for aquatic or molluscoid, I'd be happy to hear it!

2 hours ago, nahochan said:

Hey, love the images. I was wondering; what was the source for the images 02necF7 and 02necf8? I like how they looked and want to check out whatever series they are from. Here they are in image form.

First image is by an artist called 流星R, and here is a link to their Pixiv profile if you want to browse their other art.

The second is by another artist called Lansane, and here is a link to their tumblr page. 

7 hours ago, Foxibuttsecks said:

Im having a major problem with this mod. I am unable to extract the .zip file.

Try again with a fresh download. If there's still a problem then it's likely to do with whatever program you are using to extract. I'd recommend 7-Zip as I've had very little trouble with it, also, it's what I use so it should extract the files fine.

5 hours ago, Mugginnato said:

Try again with a fresh download. If there's still a problem then it's likely to do with whatever program you are using to extract. I'd recommend 7-Zip as I've had very little trouble with it, also, it's what I use so it should extract the files fine.

Thank you very much. I got it to work finally.

So I was fiddling around with empire creation and I noticed the Futa portraits for fungoid set 1 were a little fucky, so I checked in the portrait file and sure enough, it was a little messy in that section. It repeated a couple of portrait numbers like so:

01FunH1 01FunH2 01FunH3 01FunH4 01FunH5 
                    01FunH6 01FunH7 01FunH7 01FunH8 01FunH10
                    01FunH11 01FunH12 01FunH13 01FunH14 01FunH15
                    01FunH16

As well as referring to some portraits that didn't exist at all, as there's only 12 in that category. 

So I changed all of those like so:

01FunH1 01FunH2 01FunH3 01FunH4 01FunH5 
                    01FunH6 01FunH7 01FunH8 01FunH9 01FunH10
                    01FunH11 01FunH12

Here's the file I made, simply overwrite the one in Vanilla Framework\gfx\portraits\portraits

100_VF_Fungoid.txt

11 hours ago, freeshooter92 said:

So I was fiddling around with empire creation and I noticed the Futa portraits for fungoid set 1 were a little fucky, so I checked in the portrait file and sure enough, it was a little messy in that section.

As well as referring to some portraits that didn't exist at all, as there's only 12 in that category. 

Yeah, thanks for catching that. I had a look myself just now, turns out I swapped the number of Futa portraits with the number of Male ones. I'll fix it with the next update which will be very soon, I'm just looking around for something to use as the AI crisis.

Edited by Mugginnato