Just recently updated and I'm noticing sounds are continuing after an animation has been completed. Latest SoS and latest Sexout. Not sure if this issue was present in previous SoS versions as I've just started to do some Sexout testing. SexoutNG voices are turned off via MCM. Anything else I should consider? (Knowing me this is probably something really simple!) :angel:

Just recently updated and I'm noticing sounds are continuing after an animation has been completed. Latest SoS and latest Sexout. Not sure if this issue was present in previous SoS versions as I've just started to do some Sexout testing. SexoutNG voices are turned off via MCM. Anything else I should consider? (Knowing me this is probably something really simple!) :angel:

It's because of the KD difference.  I'm surprised I haven't heard from anyone before you.  Long story short.  I took accounting for knock down out during all of the recent NG changes.

I thought I was waiting on a new function in NG that indicated when KD happened so I could add it back in.  But then I got busy doing other things and probably missed it if it's already in.  I'll work something out and post an update sometime this week that fixes it, along with a few other minor changes.

EDIT: OK I fixed it.  Just fyi I applied the stop across the board when KD begins, except in the case of victims who should continue to moan until they get up (minus sex noises).  I also made the menu a bit more understandable.

Edited by t3589

Stupid question:

What I have to disable is SoNG 'use voices' and 'use in-game voices', correct?

NG settings do not affect this mod in any way.  However, if you don't want to hear NG playing sounds while this mod also plays sounds, then yes.

Just did a bunch more Sexout testing with the new version. It seems the sounds are continuing to go at least for "rape" conditions. Haven't checked standard sequences yet.

Right I applied it so that the victim will continue playing voices until they get up.  Noises should stop though.  Also, if it's consensual all sounds should stop on orgasm.

I did this just to see how it played out for victims.  I thought it was nifty.  What do you guys think?

It seems voices stop after the dialog callback is completed. For rape situations that is. So they do end but it's a bit disconcerting.

Maybe I have my player voice setup differently, but it sounds like climaxing sounds -after- things are over. If it was perhaps sounds from Sex Level 1 (soft sounds) it might work.

It seems voices stop after the dialog callback is completed. For rape situations that is. So they do end but it's a bit disconcerting.

Maybe I have my player voice setup differently, but it sounds like climaxing sounds -after- things are over. If it was perhaps sounds from Sex Level 1 (soft sounds) it might work.

Disconcerting to hear the victim voices continue you mean?  What I meant was, it stops when SexoutNG orgasms.  ie. Just before KD.

I plan to work Spunk into this at some point which should tighten things up.  Right now it's on a mock meter with a rolling tempo, built around an average NG duration of 60 seconds or more.

Maybe I should add separate knock down voices?

Hey, If in the instructions sections I read 'Disable SexoutNG sounds in MCM', I do what I'm told :shy:

Right you're not the first and it's not your fault.  I put that in there due to complaints that NG voices could still be heard. lol  Also some people actually customize NGs sound slots with custom sounds, and then use this mod in conjunction with them.  It is entirely doable to mix and match.  This is why I left it to the player to disable NGs sounds.

Ok now I'm confused! :lol:

KD refers to when the two actors fly apart after an animation sequence right? :blush:  In that particular case, no, the sounds don't stop IF there is a dialog callback. The sounds continue until the dialog callback package completes. There's a zipper sound after the end of the dialog callback and sounds cease after that.

Also, is the zipper thing new? I don't remember that.

Ok now I'm confused! :lol:

KD refers to when the two actors fly apart after an animation sequence right? :blush:  In that particular case, no, the sounds don't stop IF there is a dialog callback. The sounds continue until the dialog callback package completes. There's a zipper sound after the end of the dialog callback and sounds cease after that.

Also, is the zipper thing new? I don't remember that.

Ahh I see.  Will look into it.

No on the zipper.  It's been there for some time.

There are some interesting sound files here:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/13237/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout3%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D13237&pUp=1

It seems the mod creator actually hired two of the voice actors used in the game?

It might be a nice swap for the 'taking damage' rape voices.

Those are interesting, thanks.  That's one serious modder.  I'll have some fun going through these.  Hey, weren't you supposed to do some male voices? lol  Just giving you the business.  No pressure.

Yeah I'd love to have some genuine sex voices from the original voice actors.  The combat voices work fairly well imo.  Most of the time that is.  I think most people have grown accustomed to experiencing them in the forced context.  Because of this, they automatically categorize the sounds as rape.  Which is understandable.

The problem then for this mod becomes one of necessity.  I have to use the combat voices because that's all I have if I want NPCs to sound like themselves.

The purpose of the NPC voices in the data file is to include as many voices from NPCs as possible so that the player doesn't have to go through all of the files in the BSAs.  However, the voices in data were never really meant to be an install, but a provided resource that the player can use for their own customizations.

It's just presented as an install, so that players who aren't into detailing their game can install and go.  I myself don't use all of the files in this mods voice data.  In short, the full potential of this mod can only be realized through customization.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cool! I updated data files and the esp, but you explain what are these?

• SOSoundReplacerSpcFX-LoudV1.7z
  • SOSoundReplacerSpcFX-QuietV1.7z
  • SOSrFemaleVoice01.7z

I asume, by their names, what spcfx loud and quiet may be. But what's the other one? A different voice of whats inside the data files?

The special fx are no longer included in the data pack.  So if you want them, install one of the special fx packs.  I prefer loud, but if you play with headphones on, that might be a little overbearing.

It's a sample custom female voice for the player.  You overwrite the blank files in the /sound/fx/SOSr/voiceA-C directories with them.  Then choose voice A-C in the mods settings in game, corresponding to where you put them.  I'm currently working on releasing another female pack, but I still lack any male voice files to make a male sampler.