All things Mass Effect Legendary Edition

We have been in touch with a few in the modding community to learn how best to a) update everyone on changes that will impact existing mods, and b) set the modding community up for success going forward. It’s ongoing, and we’ll discuss in more detail by launch.

https://wccftech.com/bioware-working-with-the-modding-community-for-mass-effect-legendary-edition-compatibility/

Sounds good to me.

On 2/25/2021 at 9:09 AM, ToJKa said:

And Anthem is officially dead. As a surprise to no one.

How many more failures is EA willing to fund?

I'd think success of this and DA4 is what decides Bloware's future.

That, and... heh.  ME5.

Personally, from what I've heard so far, I'm not holding my breath for a good outcome, but.. we shall see.

1 hour ago, fishburger67 said:

Agreed, but he should be in a position to understand what Bioware is up to.  About the bold faced liar part, I have no idea.

.tlk based mods should little trouble being "ported" since they're essentially using the same system; as for direct power, campaign and animation mods, that is an entirely different story, especially for ME1. All I'm hearing is standardized BW marketing and little else.

• 2 months later...

I downloaded a torrented version of mass effect legendary edition to see if my pc would run it (my pc is 2-3 years old) and guess what legendary edition failed to even start despite doing all the normal things you do when a game fails to load, 88GB worth of crap so i reinstalled my original set of me1,2,3 and they all work brilliantly i have now installed the ALOT mod and all runs great with 4k graphics what is this Legendary edition another attempt at selling rehashed mishmash

Did they ever find that thing they lost? with EVERYTHING included there would be no comparison as long as the old bugs from the different games were fixed like CTD ME2 because of some graphics settings that had something to do with doors on a certain world and some other fun crap in ME1 with sound issues.

6 hours ago, Zor2k13 said:

Did they ever find that thing they lost? with EVERYTHING included there would be no comparison as long as the old bugs from the different games were fixed like CTD ME2 because of some graphics settings that had something to do with doors on a certain world and some other fun crap in ME1 with sound issues.

Nobody gives the slightest shit about pinnacle station. It's literally a holo shooting gallery and that's it.

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, RebelInfernal said:

Does this count as a necro? I hope not.

Anyway, I’m wondering what people think of the game now it’s out? I’ve seen a little of ME1 online and it seems like the changes aren’t that substantial. I still suspect it’s not worth buying for PC modded player, what are people’s opinions on that?

I would agree with that.   All the best mods are not yet available on the LE version.

On 9/26/2021 at 8:38 PM, RebelInfernal said:

Does this count as a necro? I hope not.

Anyway, I’m wondering what people think of the game now it’s out? I’ve seen a little of ME1 online and it seems like the changes aren’t that substantial. I still suspect it’s not worth buying for PC modded player, what are people’s opinions on that?

If you haven't played any ME yet it's well worth the purchase (but you could easily wait for a sale).

The changes are mostly backend side of the games so you won't notice much ingame.

If you have played them, you may want to wait a bit until everything is ported.

On 9/29/2021 at 2:44 AM, 27X said:

This isn't going to happen per several authors. What you might get is similar content, but 1:1 isn't happening.

Of course, directly porting. But several big mods are actively being worked, whether that is porting or rebuilding from the ground up.

And several good mods have already been re-released; ALOT, ALOV, the community patches for ME1 & 3...

Everything is still in its infancy, right, but it's miles ahead of what it was back when ME started given that the mod tools are already tried & tested for the most part and the missing parts are being worked on.

In fact, I got the LE and set up a basic mod list with fixes and texture overhauls and it's literal lightyears ahead of the 360 versions that I've played before.