Toys Poll  

852 members have voted

1. 1. The most important feature in Toys is...

• The toys themselves
    • Toys Effects & Buffs, incl. transformation & unique escape methods
    • Toys "Love" features... Rousing, Fondle, Denial, Oversexed, Spontaneous Orgasm
    • Animations... Bound, Blind Fall, Spontaneous Orgasm, Signing, & Other
  2. 2. When using Toys, I normally have...

• Only Toys Framework installed
    • Toys + DD installed
    • Toys + ZAP installed
    • Toys + ZAP + DD installed

21 minutes ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

And a general thought... I'm not sure if that's possible for the voice in my head but i'm 99% sure it would be for notifications... having them in a .json file that can easily be edited would allow users to add and share messages, and you could just pick those you like the most for the next official release. No idea if there'd be many doing so, but having the option would be a plus imho. :)

Not possible for json/any sort of external file. But it uses the Dialogue Topic Feature of creation kit, which is arguable more user friendly than a json. Can use XEdit. I will be including a basic little guide for mod authors to use the function.

Since I set it up with a Dialogue View, you just click right on these thingies...

1.png

As i didn't create but just edit json files it that wasn't really a thing, i did use text editors before... Is XEdit the same as TES5edit? I found a wiki and a first look seems to be that. I gave up my last try using it after i got bored while it still tried to load xD

I would like an option that i can use like "Oh, i have an idea. Lemme write that down... Done." rather than "Well, let this prog load an hour and then see if i can remember a sentence or two from what i just came up with." In case of doubt i'll throw them down here... You did notice that i was asking about the notifications though?

29 minutes ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

As i didn't create but just edit json files it that wasn't really a thing, i did use text editors before... Is XEdit the same as TES5edit? I found a wiki and a first look seems to be that. I gave up my last try using it after i got bored while it still tried to load xD

I would like an option that i can use like "Oh, i have an idea. Lemme write that down... Done." rather than "Well, let this prog load an hour and then see if i can remember a sentence or two from what i just came up with." In case of doubt i'll throw them down here... You did notice that i was asking about the notifications though?

Yes XEdit is the term for the family of tools that includes TES5edit which is the LE variant. There's SE, Fallout, etc. Load time for me with Toys is about 10 seconds.

But Creation Kit is the tool for this job, far more user friendly (see sexy pic above). The problem people have with creation kit is that they don't get it installed right and this can be a chore at first. There's patches to get it right, both to not CTD ever, and have decent settings. Creation Kit will take more like 2mins to load up Toys. You need to convert it from its ESM state, to to ESP. Then back to ESM to use. If you've not used either XEdit or CK be before, you do have a learning curve at first.

For Notifications, I'm not planning to ever use an external file for my mods, as there's too many cases of variables/parameters in use, it would be too complex. Plus its the VoiceInMyHead where we gonna put all the lore-sexy stuff. I see Notifications as the place to do the mechanical info.

Poll Question added for bodies. You will see up top. Click your body please!

You might ask why I'd ask this question? Well I'm not going to bias it by telling you :P

Ok a hint... This info is valuable for people making Toys Boxes.

After V1 releases, which is soooooon, one of the priorities will be a Toy Box themed on supporting Frostfall. We are calling it Hot&Wet maybe. Aud is making another Toy Box, and I know there's others out there looking into it.

Making bodyslide packages is a huuuuge pain in the ass when its 6 like we have for the framework, so knowing which to prioritize if we must, is useful. 

Edited by VirginMarie

Re Poll Question: I voted for LE - UUNP 3BBB but meant LE BHUNP 3BBB, I see you updated the option since.

I can probably do conversion to this body as it is relatively simple to do from a LE - UUNP body, I could look into it if you like? The only alignment issue I can see is the SMP breasts and Babo did write a guide on conversion from UUNP to BHUNP I could use.

--------------------

Also, I have been testing the mod and looking through where I have had time over the past couple of weeks. I want to integrate the mod when I update my mods next. I hadn't had chance to look at Toys Framework or SLaVE (or any of the previous additions) until just recently. 

For testing, I added a couple SendModEvent() to the scripts. 1 I added to SquirtEffect and another I added to SpontaneousOrgasm. This basically did what I needed but not exactly. I could add mod event sends everywhere needed myself but my changes will just get overwritten when you update so thought best run by you instead.

I'd like for there to be a SendModEvent() whenever there is an orgasm through the mod, like with the spontaneous orgasms. Additionally though, and I am not sure whether this would be better to manage in SLaVE, orgasms from the SLaVE scenes.

Can something like this be added please?

Oh ye, I use SLSO and read through the posts on the SLaVE thread. I am not sure whether you made progress on integrating it? I did a crude implementation while I was playing around with the mod but if you haven't already worked on that I can do it properly and send you the code updates. Let me know. I wasn't sure what you were storing the AnalCount and OralCount variables for; they don't seem to be getting used in the current version.

12 minutes ago, RMCW said:

Re Poll Question: I voted for LE - UUNP 3BBB but meant LE BHUNP 3BBB, I see you updated the option since.

The poll is for the bodies already supported by Toys (also SlaVE and Classic Toy Box). The correction I made was that I had put the 3bbb on the LE UUNP, but it was meant to be on the SE BHUNP.

We will never support more that 6 bodies in total. Maintaining that is insane already as it is. Yes I'm insane, I admit that. If we ever add another, one will be sacrificed.

I can probably do conversion to this body as it is relatively simple to do from a LE - UUNP body, I could look into it if you like? 

Well yes I'd never be against others making and maintaining support for other bodies that we don't cover :D You could publish it and would be entirely up to you if you want to support future updates etc. I'd link it. Maybe you'd even do the same for Classic Toy Box. Eventually we will have a Hot&Wet Toy Box for Frostfall. Aud's making another Toy Box, not sure what he's going to call it. You could have a "LE UUNP 3bbb Bodyslide support for the Toys Family of Mods " download page! 

Also, I have been testing the mod and looking through where I have had time over the past couple of weeks. I want to integrate the mod when I update my mods next.

That's great!

For testing, I added a couple SendModEvent() to the scripts. 1 I added to SquirtEffect and another I added to SpontaneousOrgasm. This basically did what I needed but not exactly. I could add mod event sends everywhere needed myself but my changes will just get overwritten when you update so thought best run by you instead.

I'd like for there to be a SendModEvent() whenever there is an orgasm through the mod, like with the spontaneous orgasms. Additionally though, and I am not sure whether this would be better to manage in SLaVE, orgasms from the SLaVE scenes.

Can something like this be added please?

V1 will release with many mod events, that's already planned and in the works right now. The orgasm is an obvious one, and the squirt which happens more often than the climax. Yes I think you will be able to capture SLaVE's orgasms through Toys, unless its a sexlab scene (half of which are not). But I warn you, orgasms are frequent! :P

Oh ye, I use SLSO and read through the posts on the SLaVE thread. I am not sure whether you made progress on integrating it? I did a crude implementation while I was playing around with the mod but if you haven't already worked on that I can do it properly and send you the code updates. Let me know. I wasn't sure what you were storing the AnalCount and OralCount variables for; they don't seem to be getting used in the current version.

SLSO breaks SLaVE in two ways unless "Sexlab Always Orgasm" is set On in its MCM

1. No virginity loss, crucial for the mod's quests
  2. Breaks the damage that the love shout does to enemies

So in other words SLSO hits SLaVE in the two thematic things right in its name....  Shout ....and... Virgin... lol !

There's two problems I have for solving that with SLSO...

1. When I've tried, there's was no way to do that without a dependency on SLSO. Dependency is out of the question
  2. I refuse to accept and support a mod that patches and breaks a framework. I will never support SLSO, provide patches for it, etc. for that reason

Users can use SLSO with SLaVE if "Sexlab Always Orgasm" is set On in its MCM. I'm glad that they at least added that.

Now that said, there's nothing stopping you from supplying some sort of solution.

@VirginMarie Thanks for the verbose response! Very happy you are already in the works with mod events and will defo look at conversions to BHUNP for LE when I get a chance.

Re SLSO for SLaVE: So my solution was simply to swap the mod event registered to another one provided by SexLab itself that should be compatible for SLSO and non SLSO users. I will check this tonight and make sure I am not getting mixed up, it was a while since I wrote this implementation on one of my mods.

The data passed into the mod event is different though which is why I was asking about oral/anal count vars. I didn't bother writing something that would only count vaginal for my test but I have it working fine and increasing the vaginal count for each player orgasm.

If my solution does work how I imagine, and is one solution compatible for SLSO and non-SLSO users, I wanted to check with you the following:

- What counts as losing virginity? Player orgasm or partner orgasm? Or maybe neither? My thoughts are that each vaginal scene would need to only run the virginity lost function once for both SLSO and non-SLSO. I guess the number is used for the love shout will be changed by this so it needs to work the same as non SLSO users. I am going to assume the players orgasm will count for now, but only the first orgasm per scene.

- Would it be better if I wrote the change so it updates the AnalCount, OralCount and VaginalCount variables based on the animation type?

1 hour ago, RMCW said:

Re SLSO for SLaVE: So my solution was simply to swap the mod event registered to another one provided by SexLab itself that should be compatible for SLSO and non SLSO users. 

Don't forget to test it with the Love Shout damage. SLSO breaks that too.

The data passed into the mod event is different though which is why I was asking about oral/anal count vars. I didn't bother writing something that would only count vaginal for my test but I have it working fine and increasing the vaginal count for each player orgasm.

Anal and oral counters are used to display in the Virginity Status section of the MCM. They are also used to vary Nocturnal's dialogue when you report in and she decides on your punishment.

- What counts as losing virginity? Player orgasm or partner orgasm? Or maybe neither?

That's a SLSO thing right? Partner orgasm does not exist from my point of view (from the point of view of un-modified sexlab). But this is only a matter of timing for the event. For example you could do it at the end of the scene but that would suck. Some might argue it should happen much earlier in the scene, but I just went with the orgasm because I figure that any animation should have penetrated by then.

But what counts for losing virginity?.... The animation must have a vaginal tag, and the player must NOT have a Toy that blocks vaginal. It's not checking a DD.

My thoughts are that each vaginal scene would need to only run the virginity lost function once for both SLSO and non-SLSO. I guess the number is used for the love shout will be changed by this so it needs to work the same as non SLSO users. I am going to assume the players orgasm will count for now, but only the first orgasm per scene.

I got lost in that, but I can tell you the Shout does not care about counters other then vaginal > 0 I think, just to know if you are a virgin or not as some shout damage will vary by your virginity status.

Would it be better if I wrote the change so it updates the AnalCount, OralCount and VaginalCount variables based on the animation type?

It needs that and is how it currently works.

Edited by VirginMarie
17 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

Don't forget to test it with the Love Shout damage. SLSO breaks that too.

Will do.

18 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

Anal and oral counters are used to display in the Virginity Status section of the MCM. They are also used to vary Nocturnal's dialogue when you report in and she decides on your punishment.

That's a SLSO thing right? Partner orgasm does not exist from my point of view (from the point of view of un-modified sexlab). But this is only a matter of timing for the event. For example you could do it at the end of the scene but that would suck. Some might argue it should happen much earlier in the scene, but I just went with the orgasm because I figure that any animation should have penetrated by then.

But what counts for losing virginity?.... The animation must have a vaginal tag, and the player must NOT have a Toy that blocks vaginal. It's not checking a DD.

I got lost in that, but I can tell you the Shout does not care about counters other then vaginal > 0 I think, just to know if you are a virgin or not as some shout damage will vary by your virginity status.

It needs that and is how it currently works.

That all makes sense, I'm just having a read through the scripts now. Can confirm the event I want to use is native to SexLab (SexLabOrgasm). This is picked up by SLSO and orgasms in final stage, unlike the (OrgasmStart) which sends event when the animation reaches final stage, and SLSO prevents unless the option you said is checked.

I am going to do run the function (VirginVaginalVirginityLost) at first player orgasm during a SexLab scene. What I do not see is how the AnalCount and OralCount variables are increased anywhere in the scripts currently. 

I'll follow this up on the SLaVE thread as more appropriate location, just working on it for a bit now :) 

1 hour ago, RMCW said:

I am going to do run the function (VirginVaginalVirginityLost) at first player orgasm during a SexLab scene. What I do not see is how the AnalCount and OralCount variables are increased anywhere in the scripts currently. 

You are right, nothing is updating them anymore. There used to be a section of code that did it, but I've moved that section to Toys but Toys does not offer it. I must have forgot to do something to keep that going, and because its cosmetic nobody including me noticed yet. ops! Thanks for finding it. It's on my list. So keep in mind this will be changing.

If you find that SexLabOrgasm instead of OrgasmStart produces the same result, and almost the same timing, for both virginity loss and the shout, after you have confirmed and tested it, with both the virgin sexlab and non-virgin patched all to hell sexlab, then I'd be willing to just make that change.

Edited by VirginMarie
31 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

You are right, nothing is updating them anymore. There used to be a section of code that did it, but I've moved that section to Toys but Toys does not offer it. I must have forgot to do something to keep that going, and because its cosmetic nobody including me noticed yet. ops! Thanks for finding it. It's on my list. So keep in mind this will be changing.

If you find that SexLabOrgasm instead of OrgasmStart produces the same result, and almost the same timing, for both virginity loss and the shout, after you have confirmed and tested it, with both the virgin sexlab and non-virgin patched all to hell sexlab, then I'd be willing to just make that change.

Ok cool, thanks! I did add 1 for anal and oral but I don't know if more needs to be added for those, works for my testing anyhow. I imagine you are working from a different script version to me but all my code changes are around the 2 places I outlined in the file so you can see my thinking. I have used SexLabOrgasm a lot so can say with some certainty that it will produce the same results in my example for non SLSO. SLSO will be somewhat different as it is just waiting for first player orgasm, and it won't necessarily be on the final stage where SLSO is being used. I am not sure how you have implemented the shout damage scaling but I will get round to testing that.

I posted over here:

Edited by RMCW

13 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Users can use SLSO with SLaVE if "Sexlab Always Orgasm" is set On in its MCM. I'm glad that they at least added that.

Didn't try with SLaVE but toys already recognizes SLSO orgasms, at least the fondle self thing triggers with "always orgasm" disabled.

Speaking of which... there seem to be a mistake in your own orgasms... I had a spontaneous orgasm and the notification said "arousal reduced from 57 to <can't remember>". However, according to my settings (default i think?) it was to only trigger them at 90. It's possible that the can't remember part was >33 and it meant to reduce it from <something> to 57, but then at least that notification would be wrong. Or did i miss a setting that would ignore the minimum arousal for spontaneous orgasms? I didn't wear toys at the time, but plugs from DD. Or do they ignore minimum arousal on purpose?

1 hour ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

Didn't try with SLaVE but toys already recognizes SLSO orgasms, at least the fondle self thing triggers with "always orgasm" disabled.

"thyself" :P  Toys just detects that a sexlab scene ENDED, not needing the actual orgasm start timing to do the job. But don't' worry looks like RMCW has solved the problem for me and it will ship in next SLaVE release. SLaVE won't care about SLSO, and do its thing if its there or not, happily.

Speaking of which... there seem to be a mistake in your own orgasms...

Inconceivable! They are never a mistake, or fake!

1.gif

I had a spontaneous orgasm and the notification said "arousal reduced from 57 to <can't remember>". However, according to my settings (default i think?) it was to only trigger them at 90. 

Well the way it works is that it Q's up for a spontaneous orgasm when your arousal is 90 (or whatever). Then it sits in the Q waiting for you to not be busy for a bit, and booom! grabs you when you least expect it! So if you are a busy naughty girl, you could have already been involved in other events that have changed your arousal since it got into Q. This wont always play out like that but can. Its never instant though, so not unusual for the arousal to have gone higher or lower.

It's also possible you will be even more multi-orgasmic, where you've managed to Q up 2, before getting that arousal back down. Yes 2 spontaneous orgasms, back to back! Heaven forbid!

I'd say watch for it again, and grab me a log if you think it is shenanigan's. The log will tell all, so long as its on the default level of at least verbose. I like my orgasms verbose, you? (sorry too much wine tonight)

Edited by VirginMarie

I'm pretty sure this mod's animations are altering unarmed combat. Before I go mucking up my load order, though, I'll ask if anybody else has this problem and if they have a solution.

When standing still in unarmed combat, all is fine. When moving in unarmed combat, the hands and arms are positioned behind-the-back (like they are cuffed). This happens to the PC and all NPCs. 

Screenshot (7).png

13 minutes ago, CommunistNinja said:

I'm pretty sure this mod's animations are altering unarmed combat. Before I go mucking up my load order, though, I'll ask if anybody else has this problem and if they have a solution.

When standing still in unarmed combat, all is fine. When moving in unarmed combat, the hands and arms are positioned behind-the-back (like they are cuffed). This happens to the PC and all NPCs. 

It's due to a temporary work around. Cosmetic only. Arm Binding animations are a WIP, and some of the alternate animations for unarmed combat (when you kick while bound) are not working yet, thus it's using replacers for some of the vanilla unarmed combat, and that's what you see. The workaround will be gone by the time we exit beta.

40 minutes ago, smannfrau said:

I have an issue with my SE installation on one of my saves. For some reason the Toys MCM does not want to show up on that save. When I try to start a new saves, the MCM shows up no problem. Would still kinda suck to loose my progress.

Toys requires a new game, if you install it for the first time (same for any case of changed load order). See FAQ #4, and the Golden Rule there, for more on that.

Sounds like you are installing it for the first time, and not starting a new game?

Or is this a case of having started a new game when you added toys, and the problem has come up later on?

Edited by VirginMarie

I have an issue in the SE version of the main mod. Things like the nipple clamps are just like hovering over my breasts not really following them at all.
Can't find anyone who's gotten this problem either with a search, any ideas how to fix this?

8 minutes ago, Megameme1 said:

I have an issue in the SE version of the main mod. Things like the nipple clamps are just like hovering over my breasts not really following them at all.
Can't find anyone who's gotten this problem either with a search, any ideas how to fix this?

Did you build them in bodyslide, using the same bodyslide settings you used for the character body?

Are your body physics mods up to date? 

2 minutes ago, gregaaz said:

Did you build them in bodyslide, using the same bodyslide settings you used for the character body?

Are your body physics mods up to date? 

Body Physics mods are indeed up to date, didn't touch them up in bodyslide. Should I? Never use bs before.

19 minutes ago, Megameme1 said:

What he said, and start by using FAQ #1

EDIT: Bodyslide. Its a requirement. In addition to that FAQ, go back to the directions on the main page for installing the mod, its all there.

Edited by VirginMarie
13 minutes ago, Megameme1 said:

didn't touch them up in bodyslide. Should I? Never use bs before.

Yeah, as VM said above, it's a requirement for this mod in particular. In general, you'll get better "fits" with supported outfits if you run bodyslide for them. Even if they ship with default meshes, it's a flip of the coin if they're vanilla body, UNP, CBBE, etc., and there's no guarantee they'll look right on your character.

You should be aware too that on the Lab, some mods don't ship with a prebuilt mesh at all, so if you don't run bodyslide you may get invisible parts. 

TL;DR - Bodyslide is a very useful tool that you should be using :)

Edited by gregaaz
17 minutes ago, VirginMarie said:

What he said, and start by using FAQ #1

EDIT: Bodyslide. Its a requirement. In addition to that FAQ, go back to the directions on the main page for installing the mod, its all there.

8 minutes ago, gregaaz said:

Yeah, as VM said above, it's a requirement for this mod in particular. In general, you'll get better "fits" with supported outfits if you run bodyslide for them. Even if they ship with default meshes, it's a flip of the coin if they're vanilla body, UNP, CBBE, etc., and there's no guarantee they'll look right on your character.

You should be aware too that on the Lab, some mods don't ship with a prebuilt mesh at all, so if you don't run bodyslide you may get invisible parts. 

TL;DR - Bodyslide is a very useful tool that you should be using :)

It appears that my smooth brain has struck yet again.
This is the first time I've used bodyslide and I had no idea what it was about. For some reason I thought it was just utils for racemenu in game, didn't even think to associate it with a standalone tool.

Thank you both for your help!

3 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Toys requires a new game, if you install it for the first time (same for any case of changed load order). See FAQ #4, and the Golden Rule there, for more on that.

Sounds like you are installing it for the first time, and not starting a new game?

Or is this a case of having started a new game when you added toys, and the problem has come up later on?

Edited 3 hours ago by VirginMarie

I did start a new game, but because I was setting up Special Edition in general, I didn't pay enough attention to the MCM and didn't realize that Toys didn't show up. It probably was load order related back then.

Well, new game it is.