I seem to have the vanishing pillory no animation issue too. Went to the test zone and everything works fine. But when I get taken to the pillory in game it vanishes and I just stand there. I have the latest versions of sexlab, XPO, and zaz animation pack. also have devious devices installed. I can also interact with the pillory in game normally when I'm not arrested.

Update the issue was being caused by unofficial skyrim patch, with the new version of PO and the new versions of Zaz you have to have the latest version of skyrim unofficial patch>

I gave the new version a test last night, and the pillories are no longer purple. However, when taken to the pillory for punishment, it still disappears and my toon still just stands there. The whipping is still the only event that happens.  The one difference this time is the pillory doesn't disappear until the moment my toon is placed in it, unlike the previous version where it just wasn't there at all when I was being marched out to it.

I have the same problem after the update.

My characters just stood there,

the the soldier came whipping again and again.

Use the "Force Restart" option in Prison Overhaul's MCM Menu, that worked for me.

It's not working for me.

Everytime I go to the pillory scene,

the pillory just disapear and my charcter still stand there without any action.

I tried the Force Restart but nothing happens,

still in the same situation.

I am experiencing the same problem, did anyone find a solution?

I gave the new version a test last night, and the pillories are no longer purple. However, when taken to the pillory for punishment, it still disappears and my toon still just stands there. The whipping is still the only event that happens.  The one difference this time is the pillory doesn't disappear until the moment my toon is placed in it, unlike the previous version where it just wasn't there at all when I was being marched out to it.

I have the same problem after the update.

My characters just stood there,

the the soldier came whipping again and again.

Use the "Force Restart" option in Prison Overhaul's MCM Menu, that worked for me.

It's not working for me.

Everytime I go to the pillory scene,

the pillory just disapear and my charcter still stand there without any action.

I tried the Force Restart but nothing happens,

still in the same situation.

I am experiencing the same problem, did anyone find a solution?

Same. Looks like, some problems in last version of ZAP or PO.

so ive been having a hell of a time figuring out why i still have the purple pilory, after looking thru all sorts of crap, finding the baseid numbers etc, i realized i installed the older version, make sure you actually have the newer one installed, its weird because its below the older one and smaller than it, so if you arent paying attention you could get the wrong one

now to see/hope updating doesnt break the save

yea, that was it, updated following the instructions (also ran FNIS after installing the update, just in case), loaded my save (still worked!) and the pillories had the right textures, still wouldnt give me the animations though so i did the rebuild thing on ZaZ then the restart on Prison overhaul and everything worked

if you are having the purp texture issue with the pillories make sure you have the V032 version

Edited by presario1000

I must say, this is a most awesome mod. I seem to run into a strange issue, though:

When I am released from jail, I cannot use weapons or spells anymore (I can equip and draw them alright, but nothing I click will swing the weapon/cast the spell).

Also, the camera zoom seems to become stuck (can zoom neither in nor out, nor switch between first- and thirdperson view.

Are there console commands to reactivate these or how would you suggest I resolve this?

Edited by Perv1291
Guest indigoBIue

I must say, this is a most awesome mod. I seem to run into a strange issue, though:

When I am released from jail, I cannot use weapons or spells anymore (I can equip and draw them alright, but nothing I click will swing the weapon/cast the spell).

Also, the camera zoom seems to become stuck (can zoom neither in nor out, nor switch between first- and thirdperson view.

Are there console commands to reactivate these or how would you suggest I resolve this?

Try "enableplayercontrols" without the " ". it will reenable some controls if you can't move and do nothing at all. but it won't allow you (or at least me, on my system) to use weapons and spells, if these are blocked for some reason. now, i don't think that is what you were looking for, but i can basically confirm this "bug".t it doesn't have anything to do with the prison overhaul though, but only with cameracommands, "tfc" to be more specific, being used whilst animations are starting/ending/transitioning. that's my experience with it.

as for how to get rid of it, i didn't find any working solutions except saving, exiting skyrim and reloading.

I am experiencing some issues with the process of being brought to the cell. I commit a crime, get arrested and undressed just like normal, but then problems arise.

In some cases, the jailer will bring me into the cell, but then he will just go back to his post, while i am still shackled and the door is still open..

On another occasion he wont even bring me to the cell at all.

It seems almost as if the script simply stopped or so...or is that a script delay due to an overload? I never had that kind of issue before..

Any ideas on how to fix it? :)

I believe what you need to do is go into the MCM menu of ZAZ and Release your character from the forced AI mode.  Hope that helps!

I'm having a few problems with this mod, however, they are all probably my fault but here goes.

(I have Fus Roh Installed, I started a new save, I have this mod at the bottom of the load order)

1. Sometimes when I get arrested it keeps looping back to the beginning of the conversation over and over again.

2. If I do manage to get arrested the guard hardly takes me to the prison, they just continue their guard rotation.

3. When I teleport to the prison, the cell or outside the cell door the Jailor just stands there. I can't move and can't seem to continue the arresting process (I have to reload a save at this point)

Any help would be greatly appreciated and I love the idea of the mod :D

So I've spent some time problem solving, troubleshooting and searching these threads and can't seem to find a solution:

I have tried the ZAP reset procedure

Installed Devious assests and integration (which also requires arousal)

Most up to date, USKP, ZAP, SL and ofc this mod

even tried changing idle animation in case that was glitching things. 

So here's the issue:

Everything works right except: In prison cell, getting chained to something or raped etc works fine but Guard doesn't whip (just stands there and then walks away after im unchained)

Then At the Pillory, The jailor goes to put me in the pillory and it disappears but I just stand there, but then a towns person will go to whip me and viola I get a lashing (although, Im still just standing there playing idle animation while the sounds play out and the marks show up)

For the life of me I can't figure out the discrepancy, also this all takes place in whiterun, have yet to try other towns. Tho in Windhelm the guard wouldnt whip me either. An ideas?

The crazy thing is, back when I first installed the mod I still wasn't getting whipped by guards but I swear at one point I was put in the pillory and it took (nothing happened past that tho, just sat there till jailer took me back to my cell)

@esmm40: I've been using this mod for a long time, and the most problematic thing for me has always been the whipping animation not working.  I've learned not to touch the mouse, since someone reported that moving the camera could prevent it from starting, but it still seems to work less than half the time for me.  The whipping in the cell where the PC is chained to the ceiling has never worked for me.  So you're not alone.  I still love the mod, though.

Thanks for the reply, thats a little reassuring. So is the pillory animation like that as well? because I could swear its worked once before at least. Also I noticed that most of the time the whipping works at the pillory if its by a woman, one time it worked with the homeless dude, and any other male ends up like the guard. Not sure if there is something to that. But at least I know that theres something else that causes the inconsistency and it isnt that the animations wont work at all ever. I did finally get a CTD though, after trying to run FNIS from mod organizer and then the game from mod organizer and then taking Sofia with me along for the ride. She wasnt put in the pillory, she just stood off to the side bound and gagged but as soon as the "whipping" was over the game crashed lol. 

Thanks for the reply, thats a little reassuring. So is the pillory animation like that as well? because I could swear its worked once before at least. Also I noticed that most of the time the whipping works at the pillory if its by a woman, one time it worked with the homeless dude, and any other male ends up like the guard. Not sure if there is something to that. But at least I know that theres something else that causes the inconsistency and it isnt that the animations wont work at all ever. I did finally get a CTD though, after trying to run FNIS from mod organizer and then the game from mod organizer and then taking Sofia with me along for the ride. She wasnt put in the pillory, she just stood off to the side bound and gagged but as soon as the "whipping" was over the game crashed lol. 

The pillory whipping works for me intermittently, I haven't been able to identify a pattern where it fails.  Followers don't get whipped, as you noticed; they get bound and placed to the side.  I'm using Mod Organizer as well, and it's pretty rare for me to get a crash.

it crashes my game for some reason

I have this problem too. Crashes at game start right after the bugsthesda screen

All required mod are installed. And loot did the loadorder.

If your game is crashing at the Bethesda loading screen then you are missing a file dependency. Check and double check again, it only takes 1.

Anyway to populate the prisons with other prisoners? I was using horrifying female prisons but it relied on a diablo style environment mod that turned the whole game into a really hardcore gorefest with naked men and women impaled and put into really nasty over the top contraptions all over the cities of skyrim. Not really my thing.

Prisoners in other cells and maybe bounded in contraptions like pillories throughout the inside of the prison would be a cool addition without adding impaled naked females all over the place.

it crashes my game for some reason

I have this problem too. Crashes at game start right after the bugsthesda screen

All required mod are installed. And loot did the loadorder.

If your game is crashing at the Bethesda loading screen then you are missing a file dependency. Check and double check again, it only takes 1.

Jep. That was the problem. I download an installed Zaz but didnt aktictivate it. Thanks.

Anyway to populate the prisons with other prisoners? I was using horrifying female prisons but it relied on a diablo style environment mod that turned the whole game into a really hardcore gorefest with naked men and women impaled and put into really nasty over the top contraptions all over the cities of skyrim. Not really my thing.

Prisoners in other cells and maybe bounded in contraptions like pillories throughout the inside of the prison would be a cool addition without adding impaled naked females all over the place.

Something like this mod will do the trick, though it won't put them on devices, it will just add extra people to prisons.