Newcomers ? Recommended Mods & Others for Your Sims 4 World (updated 4/21/2024) (ADULT WARNING!!! 18+ ONLY)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Firstly thanks for posting the resources, it's proved really helpful so far.

However, I'm having no luck with the customised Sims that others have created for download. I extract the files to the mods folder and when I boot the game up they aren't there in the gallery. I have the box checked to include custom content but the Sims still aren't there.

I'm sure it's a pretty simple fix, but I don't see it.

Could anyone please help?

Thanks!

54 minutes ago, youngmoist said:

saw the game was on sale on steam and saw some of the mods and had a question. some mods require dlc's is there like a list of which dlc's i should own if i do decide to buy it? 

Not really a list made for that yet.

Wicked Whims needs Get to Work to use Strip Club feature but it's not required for the main mod to work.

WW also will use Get Together for more Club Activities but it's also not required for the mod to work.

So many mods out there and a few do need certain DLC's but only a few.

Many mod authors make specific mods to use with specific DLC's.

Example would be LittleMsSam's Better Butlers mod only works if you have the Vintage Glamour pack.

Many, including me, recommend Get to Work, Get Together, & Spa Day at least but everyone has their own favorites and they do vary somewhat.

I don't like Seasons myself but many others love it.

Always buy DLC's on sale and they have sales several times per year.

Watch for the 50% off sales as they are the best.

Stuff Packs only go on 50% sales on rare occasions or at random for certain ones.

Grab them when those sales are on.

Bundled deals are not the best to buy and are often cheaper to just buy them on 50% off sales instead.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2021 at 6:08 AM, Silkhands said:

However, I'm having no luck with the customised Sims that others have created for download. I extract the files to the mods folder and when I boot the game up they aren't there in the gallery. I have the box checked to include custom content but the Sims still aren't there.

I know this is (2 weeks) late, but in case you're still around, did you also put the tray files in the tray folder? This mumbo jumbo looking stuff. 

Spoiler

householdtray.PNG.669b947956233af56ec97a17099cff4c.PNG

On 4/8/2021 at 7:51 PM, Scorpio said:

Always buy DLC's on sale and they have sales several times per year.

Watch for the 50% off sales as they are the best.

Stuff Packs only go on 50% sales on rare occasions or at random for certain ones.

Grab them when those sales are on.

Bundled deals are not the best to buy and are often cheaper to just buy them on 50% off sales instead.

@youngmoist I second this. This is how I got all mine, as I'm too cheap for any other way.  ?

On 3/10/2021 at 12:19 AM, Scorpio said:

Missing Mike24 Animations in list...

updated, thank's for the information !

sorry, i just back from my busy days.

On 4/4/2021 at 7:08 PM, Silkhands said:

Firstly thanks for posting the resources, it's proved really helpful so far.

Thanks!

it has to be 2 folders, mods and tray.

14 hours ago, ArchSkylar said:

updated, thank's for the information !

sorry, i just back from my busy days.

it has to be 2 folders, mods and tray.

And I've been using those, but I still cannot see the DLC when I enable the tickboxes to  view the content. I've been told it might be a pointer in the stack that requires adjustment.

Any ideas?

2 hours ago, Silkhands said:

And I've been using those, but I still cannot see the DLC when I enable the tickboxes to  view the content. I've been told it might be a pointer in the stack that requires adjustment.

Any ideas?

In my customized sims, I simply made 2 folder to make easier way to install it.

image.png.07aaa3185fa633321055712f2112a057.png

You can find The Sims 4 mods and tray folder in C:\Users\(Your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 (FOR WINDOWS 7)

19 hours ago, ArchSkylar said:

In my customized sims, I simply made 2 folder to make easier way to install it.

image.png.07aaa3185fa633321055712f2112a057.png

You can find The Sims 4 mods and tray folder in C:\Users\(Your computer name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 (FOR WINDOWS 7)

I've already mentioned that I'm aware of the procedure for DLC's. That isn't the issue. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2021 at 3:24 AM, LuversLab92 said:

Thanks for the list! Found some new things. 

You listed MCC Command which is probably the number one mod for Sims.  What do you think about UICheats? and Tmex's stuff as essential?

i haven't tried that before, let me try it first and i will update the list soon.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, PrincessPrettyTits said:

Are there any animations that feature a female Sim fisting a male Sim to his very great delight? Asking for a friend. ? 

I don't know any, but try searching FEMDOMANIA Animations. Maybe you can find it there, or ask the creator. Here's the link (click here)

• 5 weeks later...

Some Animations missing from the list = 

- Chimochicchi Animations.

- E404P Animations.

- R-Lo Animations.

- SALARMOJ Animations.

- TLayer Animations.

And these are listed as inactive but still work fine ( I have them in my Mods Folder ) =

- Golden88 Animations.

:)  

On 7/23/2021 at 3:03 AM, B10HAZARD. said:

Some Animations missing from the list = 

- Chimochicchi Animations.

- E404P Animations.

- R-Lo Animations.

- SALARMOJ Animations.

- TLayer Animations.

And these are listed as inactive but still work fine ( I have them in my Mods Folder ) =

- Golden88 Animations.

:)  

done it, thank's ?

On 7/23/2021 at 9:02 PM, ThatOneSnail said:

Hi, thanks alot for the recommendations!

I'm new on The Sims 4 modding scene and was wondering whether it needs a mod manager, like how Oblivion uses OBMM or Wyre Bash, and if so which mod managers are good to use on TS4?

sorry i don't know any of that. maybe you can ask other modder perhaps ?

1 minute ago, Doug-E-Fresh said:

What are some good mods for manipulating gameplay elements, in particular I'm looking to disable embarrassment from privacy so I can have sims use the toilet and shower at the same time.

Wicked Whims has that feature included if I'm not mistaken.

If you don't want to use Wicked then use this instead...

No Privacy Bathroom.zip