[mod] Regula Magistri

Guys, could you please check if it possible to check these errors (I see them on 1.01):

[04:04:29][jomini_onaction.cpp:122]: There is more than one 'effect' defined using most recent: file: common/on_action/regula_character_levels_on_actions.txt line: 2
[04:04:29][jomini_onaction.cpp:122]: There is more than one 'effect' defined using most recent: file: common/on_action/regula_character_levels_on_actions.txt line: 49

[04:04:29][pdx_persistent_reader.cpp:252]: Error: "Unexpected token: desc, near line: 1227" in file: "common/character_interactions/regula_character_interactions.txt" near line: 1227

[04:04:30][lexer.cpp:345]: File 'common/religion/doctrines/regula_core_tenents.txt' should be in utf8-bom encoding (will try to use it anyways)

[04:04:29][dnamodifier.cpp:22]: could not find gene [regula_eye_accessory].  file: gfx/portraits/portrait_modifiers/regula_portrait_modifiers.txt line: 8
[04:04:29][dnamodifier.cpp:64]: gene is invalid at  file: gfx/portraits/portrait_modifiers/regula_portrait_modifiers.txt line: 6
[04:04:29][dnamodifier.cpp:68]: modes modify, modify_multiply and replace only work for regular genes at  file: gfx/portraits/portrait_modifiers/regula_portrait_modifiers.txt line: 6
[04:04:29][dnamodifier.cpp:441]: Mismatch in gene type - only accessory is expected here.  file: gfx/portraits/portrait_modifiers/regula_portrait_modifiers.txt line: 6
[04:04:29][dnamodifier.cpp:325]: could not find template [regula_sclera_pink].  file: gfx/portraits/portrait_modifiers/regula_portrait_modifiers.txt line: 6

[04:04:31][jomini_trigger.cpp:718]: Inconsistent trigger scopes (scheme vs. character) in file: common/scripted_effects; create_regula_virus_list_effect line: 41
[04:04:31][jomini_trigger.cpp:718]: Inconsistent trigger scopes (scheme vs. character) in file: common/scripted_effects; create_regula_virus_list_effect line: 51

[04:04:32][jomini_dynamicdescription.cpp:66]: Unrecognized loc key doctrine_regula_core_tenets_name. doctrine_regula_core_tenets

[04:04:32][jomini_script_system.cpp:263]: Script system error!
  Error: custom_description trigger [ No trigger loc regula_take_initiates_from_holy_order_common_trigger ]
  Script location: file: common/decisions/regula_take_initiates_from_holy_order_decision.txt line: 25
[04:04:32][jomini_trigger.cpp:204]: PostValidate of trigger 'custom_description' returned false at  file: common/decisions/regula_take_initiates_from_holy_order_decision.txt line: 25
  Error: custom_description trigger [ No trigger loc regula_take_initiates_from_holy_order_noble_trigger ]
  Script location: file: common/decisions/regula_take_initiates_from_holy_order_decision.txt line: 28
[04:04:32][jomini_trigger.cpp:204]: PostValidate of trigger 'custom_description' returned false at  file: common/decisions/regula_take_initiates_from_holy_order_decision.txt line: 28
  Error: custom_description trigger [ No trigger loc regula_take_initiates_from_holy_order_royal_trigger ]
  Script location: file: common/decisions/regula_take_initiates_from_holy_order_decision.txt line: 32
[04:04:32][jomini_trigger.cpp:204]: PostValidate of trigger 'custom_description' returned false at  file: common/decisions/regula_take_initiates_from_holy_order_decision.txt line: 32
  Error: custom_description trigger [ No trigger loc magister_trait_5_required_decision ]
  Script location: file: common/decisions/regula_traditions_decision.txt line: 24

[04:04:32][jomini_trigger.cpp:204]: PostValidate of trigger 'custom_description' returned false at  file: common/decisions/regula_traditions_decision.txt line: 24

And yes, on 1.01 there are no more effects on eyes :(

On this error:

There is more than one 'effect' defined using most recent: file

As I understand, CK3 does not permit using "trigger" and "effect" directly in "on actions". It's necessary to create a custom action:

on_piety_level_gain = {
	on_actions = {
		regula_on_piety_level_gain
	}
}

Without that the "effects" section will conflict with other mods (or base game) that also use "on_piety_level_gain"

Encountering an issue with the newest version where when I free the Keeper of Souls I immediately lose the game because my character became a theocracy and I can't play as theocracy. Issue is happening with Regula both at the top and bottom of my load order. 

11 hours ago, ban10 said:

I think Contubernalis should not be able to have children, once you lose your "soul" I think that you would be unable to "create life" as it were. Also they are immortal so it would be a headache managing kids etc.

I've made changes to the trait to give them a boost to diplomacy and prowess, making them useful as diplomacy courtiers or expendable champions/knights.

Nice! I can have a look at this (along with the changes by @Umgath and @Polyonamoose and add this to the mod, are you okay with that?
I assume yes but its always good to ask ?, I'll credit everyone in as well.

I've fixed the Famuli martial Custom bug, turns out the trait in the is_valid part was very wrong.
I've looked at the Domitans code and I think you are right, as that part of the if statement is for when the player is unmarried, so they should marry the women being dominated (making her a Domina) then marry her. Looking at the rest of the code though it looks like it needs refactoring, if only to make it easier to understand and more concise.

Good stuff! Really glad that what started as just my personal edits revived some interest in the mod.
I'm going to be busy for a while but I might try and look at setting up a git repo. Could also maybe make a new thread on Loverslab so that I can post updates onto the main thread.

Finally, an update

By Ban10

Fixes
    - Refactor some Portrait modifiers (Charmed portraits)

- Fix Martial Custom decision, had incorrect is_valid statement for Magister rank

- Fix for unmarried Magister dominating a Mulsa, now you marry your target and make her your Domina

Changes
    - Edit Servitude faction AI weights, should incline AI to join Servitude faction a bit more

- Nerf Magistri Submission, both its bad and good effects. Was a bit to easy to reach 100% stress reduction which basically removed it as a mechanic.

- Modify Devoted traits (Mulsa/Paelex/Domina), Stats are generally more varied and a bit better.

- Contubernalis Changes:
        - Contubernalis now have + 15 to diplomacy and prowess, making them useful as diplomacy courtiers or throwaway champions/knights. Build an army of thralls and send them to battle or keep them as slaves in your court, the choice is yours.
        - When turning someone into a Contubernalis, it will now remove ALL of their traits, give them lustful,zealous and humble, make them comely and heal them. I think this ties neatly into the idea that they lost their soul/memories and have become husks of their former self.
        - Add a flag to them that makes them unable to leave your court.
        - Change opinion modifers of turning someone into a Contubernalis (their family). Its now permenant and though not as bad as the murder opinion modifer, is pretty close.

- Merge Domitans with Mutare Corpus, now triggers the same "boost" effects.

- Mutare corpus now has the particpant wear blindfolds (I noticed someone tried to code this for the Domitans but coudnt get it to work)

- Orgy start now heals a single disease from each participant on start, not just lovers/great pox

- Magistri Submission AI war chance is now the same as Pacifist (-75%). My Vassals are still very bloodthirsty though :(

Features
    - Fascinare important action notification. Lets you know if any of your direct vassals (that have a county title or greater) can be charmed (>16 years old and female).

Regula_Magistri_git.zip 50.17 MB · 6 downloads Regula_Magistri.zip 19.71 MB · 28 downloads

I haven't played on this patch yet, but on the previous one I noticed my Paelex straying a lot. Could be coincidence, but I had 3/5 cheating, and that just seems like not in the spirit of this mod. Could you take a look at it? Has anyone else experienced this?

2 hours ago, JohnDWizard said:

I haven't played on this patch yet, but on the previous one I noticed my Paelex straying a lot. Could be coincidence, but I had 3/5 cheating, and that just seems like not in the spirit of this mod. Could you take a look at it? Has anyone else experienced this?

Partners cheating is an underlying issue in CK3 as quite a few of the infidelity events don't take in to account any restrictions or character traits when triggering, there isn't a huge amount that can be done to fix without rewriting a large amount of base game events.

Just came back to CK3 after several months, this was one the mod I like the most. Since its last updated was in June, I'm assuming that the author has dropped the mod? 

Noticed that is is being updated by ban10, thanks a lot.

@ban10 Sorry in advance if this has already been asked by others but, have you considering upload your version of the mod to the site instead of commenting here, I think it would draw more people to the mod too.

@ban10 @Randah

In my version of the Randah's mod I've adjusted the logic of selection an offering a bit to prioritize spouses with high fertility and lower number of kids:

global_var:magister_character = {
			random_spouse = {
				limit = {
					has_trait = paelex
					NOT = { has_trait = pregnant }
					fertility >= 0.1
				}

weight = {
					base = 0

modifier = {

add = {
							value = 1

# Overall formula:
							# fertility^2 * (100 / (child_count + 3)) 

# Part 1: Proportional to fertility^2
							multiply = fertility
							multiply = fertility

# Part 2: Modifier for kid count: less kids, bigger bonus
							# 100 / (child_count + 3)
							multiply = {
								value = 100
								divide = {
									value = 3
									add = regula_num_children
								}
							}
						}
					}
				}

save_scope_as = offering
			}
		}

Edited by Umgath
14 hours ago, oregano1 said:

Encountering an issue with the newest version where when I free the Keeper of Souls I immediately lose the game because my character became a theocracy and I can't play as theocracy. Issue is happening with Regula both at the top and bottom of my load order. 

Anyone have any idea what's doing this, if it's a conflict, or if I could fix it by restarting or adjusting something on my end? 

2 hours ago, Umgath said:

@ban10 @Randah

In my version of the Randah's mod I've adjusted the logic of selection an offering a bit to prioritize spouses with high fertility and lower number of kids:

I would incorporate favoring paelex with fewer/no kids absolutely. I don't think I would have it consider fertility. Maybe use age as a proxy? Would have a similar effect in the end but having the domina access fertility seems... gamey.

Its similar to my hesitation in how/why I setup the check for pregnancy. Its my, possibly mistaken, impression that its possible a character is pregnant, or is setup to roll for pregnant, and you can code block that character out of selection. Whereas the "pregnant" trait is a representation of the fact the game characters acknowledge the target as pregnant. Certainly needs a flag to consider barren/infertility and any like modifiers because that too is something that is known and communicated openly.

Working on another bit, this time on wards. You are given the open to fascinare them and thats all. The event triggers one year earlier and delays the effect by 364 days. I am trying to tap into the event when you choose the yes option to trigger a next stage - and I wanted it delayed by ~3-6 days. At this point they would pass an is_adult. This event would give you 3 options. Trigger a carn scene, trigger a scene and become lovers, or reject them and lose opinion.

It doesn't work. I am really bad at this. This seems like it should be simple, but CK still can't find my event. Same "not a valid event id" problem I had last time. Tried different trigger_event lines before I realized it was just not finding the event itself. \o/

Spoiler
fascinare_outcome.2510 = {
	type = character_event
	title = fascinare_outcome.2510.t
	desc = fascinare_outcome.2510.desc
	theme = regula_theme
	override_background = {
		event_background = study
	}

immediate = {
		scope:teen = {
			add_character_flag = {
				flag = is_naked
				days = 1
				}
			}
		}

left_portrait = {
		character = global_var:magister_character
		animation = happiness
		}
	right_portrait = {
		character = scope:teen
		animation = admiration
		}

#take the former ward's body
	option = {
		name = fascinare_outcome.2510.a

show_as_tooltip = {
			carn_had_sex_with_effect = {
				CHARACTER_1 = global_var:magister_character
				CHARACTER_2 = scope:teen
				C1_PREGNANCY_CHANCE = pregnancy_chance
				C2_PREGNANCY_CHANCE = pregnancy_chance
				STRESS_EFFECTS = yes
				DRAMA = yes
				}	
			}
		carn_sex_scene_effect = {
			PLAYER = global_var:magister_character
			TARGET = scope:teen
			STRESS_EFFECTS = yes
			DRAMA = yes
			}

}

#take the former ward's heart
	option = {
		name = fascinare_outcome.2510.l

show_as_tooltip = {
				STRESS_EFFECTS = yes
				DRAMA = yes
				}	
			}
			STRESS_EFFECTS = yes
			DRAMA = yes
			}

set_relation_lover = global_var:magister_character
			add_opinion = {
							target = global_var:magister_character
							modifier = love_opinion
							opinion = 30
							}
			}
		}

# Leave them be.
	option = {
		name = fascinare_outcome.2510.d
						add_opinion = {
							modifier = hate_opinion
							opinion = -30
							}
			}
		}
	}

iRegula.7z

12 hours ago, GallowsUK said:

Partners cheating is an underlying issue in CK3 as quite a few of the infidelity events don't take in to account any restrictions or character traits when triggering, there isn't a huge amount that can be done to fix without rewriting a large amount of base game events.

On v100 I noticed a huge uptick on the cheating events, and more particularly a shift in their nature -- I was being straight up informed of the infidelity by the paelex in question.

I seem to recall a changelog note about changing the polyamory flag for the RM faith as a whole in order to kill the "cheated on" event for the magister. I think the default flag for that in-game cuts both ways. The flag chosen possibly gave the women permission as well.

It could be the infidelity rate itself is unchanged, that flag change just makes it much more likely you get told about them up front.

Edit: I had also skipped a couple prior revisions of the mod, and made use of the migration tool, but I don't see how that would be a contributor in what I saw.

Edited by Monedeath
19 hours ago, oregano1 said:

1. Your character cannot become a theocracy.

2. Why can't you play as a theocracy? Do you mean that you do not want to play as a theocracy?

Given the information you have provided and the fact that RM is in essence a theocracy mod, it is difficult to make any helpful suggestions. ?‍♂️

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

1. Your character cannot become a theocracy.

2. Why can't you play as a theocracy? Do you mean that you do not want to play as a theocracy?

Given the information you have provided and the fact that RM is in essence a theocracy mod, it is difficult to make any helpful suggestions. ?‍♂️

The issue had to do with adding the mod half-way through a load order I think. Whatever override the mod implements to allow the player to play as head of a theocracy hadn't run, I'm guessing. The issue is fixed now. 

A new issue has come up, however. I'm playing as Ireland and am noticing that if I try to use Domitans to hold more than 4 spouses, the last is automatically converted to an orba. I reclaim the orba, and then a few ticks later they become orba again. Is this a known issue? Perhaps it has something to do with Regula's polygamy not overwriting default Insular polygamy, thereby limiting to 4 spouses? 

On 1/24/2023 at 10:11 AM, MCfan said:

Guys, does this mod conflict with any government mods? Cause I have been playing with the Whuch's Imperial Government mod and now I am suddenly afraid RM might clash with it and might necessitate me starting a new game. 

Also any plans for any special government for RM? Cause to me this power can be used to form a centralised huge spanning empire,with all the women controlled to be essentially an extension of your will and with them placed in positions of power on all levels,.

50 minutes ago, oregano1 said:

A new issue has come up, however. I'm playing as Ireland and am noticing that if I try to use Domitans to hold more than 4 spouses, the last is automatically converted to an orba. I reclaim the orba, and then a few ticks later they become orba again. Is this a known issue? Perhaps it has something to do with Regula's polygamy not overwriting default Insular polygamy, thereby limiting to 4 spouses? 

It's likely a cultural tradition issue. Cultural traditions over-write religious ones. And as I recall the Irish have an initial tradition for multiple marriages that caps out at 4. This is an issue with the base game.

14 hours ago, variaNTR said:

Just came back to CK3 after several months, this was one the mod I like the most. Since its last updated was in June, I'm assuming that the author has dropped the mod? 

Noticed that is is being updated by ban10, thanks a lot.

@ban10 Sorry in advance if this has already been asked by others but, have you considering upload your version of the mod to the site instead of commenting here, I think it would draw more people to the mod too.

Yeah, alright I'll make a new thread, probs on the weekend as busy atm

8 hours ago, Monedeath said:

On v100 I noticed a huge uptick on the cheating events, and more particularly a shift in their nature -- I was being straight up informed of the infidelity by the paelex in question.

I seem to recall a changelog note about changing the polyamory flag for the RM faith as a whole in order to kill the "cheated on" event for the magister. I think the default flag for that in-game cuts both ways. The flag chosen possibly gave the women permission as well.

It could be the infidelity rate itself is unchanged, that flag change just makes it much more likely you get told about them up front.

Edit: I had also skipped a couple prior revisions of the mod, and made use of the migration tool, but I don't see how that would be a contributor in what I saw.

This is due to the Polyamory parameter "no_unfaithfulness_penalty_active" being added to the main Regula Religion doctrine.
I'm pretty sure I can fix this actually, by adding an extra check to adultery events I can make sure that only the Magister gets to be adulterous whereas the normal Regula adultery events are fired for Regula faith women, and then regular events for all other cultures/religions.

Its a little tricky to test though, so I'm playing through a campaign now and tweaking as needed.

The goals are (in terms of adultery penalties)
Magister (Aka player) - Can do whoever he likes with no penalties whatsoever

Paelex/Domina - Run the Regula Adultry events with custom effects/desc. Basically lets you beat the snot out of their lovers or take female lovers as new mulsa.

Regula faithful - Not sure here, my gut feeling says no penalties whatsoever as well.

Other faiths/cultures/everyone else - Vanilla Adultry events

6 hours ago, oregano1 said:

The issue had to do with adding the mod half-way through a load order I think. Whatever override the mod implements to allow the player to play as head of a theocracy hadn't run, I'm guessing. The issue is fixed now. 

Yeah thats weird, I assume you are using a mod that interacts with theocracy governments or something. When you free the keeper of souls you become the head of faith so maybe that causes an issue?

Unfortunately the cultural traditions polygamy and concubines directly override religion parameters. So even though you have a doctrine allowing 999 spouses (Magistrian concubinage) the tradition overrides it and forces only four. Not sure what the solution is, other then not using those traditions.

3 hours ago, Blacksun27 said:

hey quick question, does the mod make use of the skin palette file by any means necessary? Because when i use it with epe some characters' skin gets really red and green.

It overrides the skin and hair palette files, it adds a small strip of multicolours to both to allow more fantasy skin colours etc. Useful for the "Goddess" portraits that Regula has, you should be able to just delete them from the Regula mod in "Regula_Magistri\gfx\portraits". Or reorder so that your mods with custom skin palettes go above Regula.

6 hours ago, MCfan said:

Also any plans for any special government for RM? Cause to me this power can be used to form a centralised huge spanning empire,with all the women controlled to be essentially an extension of your will and with them placed in positions of power on all levels,.

No plans at the moment, I think the paelex bonuses kinda give that already.

Edited by ban10
50 minutes ago, ban10 said:

Yeah, alright I'll make a new thread, probs on the weekend as busy atm

This is due to the Polyamory parameter "no_unfaithfulness_penalty_active" being added to the main Regula Religion doctrine.
I'm pretty sure I can fix this actually, by adding an extra check to adultery events I can make sure that only the Magister gets to be adulterous whereas the normal Regula adultery events are fired for Regula faith women, and then regular events for all other cultures/religions.

Its a little tricky to test though, so I'm playing through a campaign now and tweaking as needed.

The goals are (in terms of adultery penalties)
Magister (Aka player) - Can do whoever he likes with no penalties whatsoever

Paelex/Domina - Run the Regula Adultry events with custom effects/desc. Basically lets you beat the snot out of their lovers or take female lovers as new mulsa.

Regula faithful - Not sure here, my gut feeling says no penalties whatsoever as well.

Other faiths/cultures/everyone else - Vanilla Adultry events

Yeah thats weird, I assume you are using a mod that interacts with theocracy governments or something. When you free the keeper of souls you become the head of faith so maybe that causes an issue?

Unfortunately the cultural traditions polygamy and concubines directly override religion parameters. So even though you have a doctrine allowing 999 spouses (Magistrian concubinage) the tradition overrides it and forces only four. Not sure what the solution is, other then not using those traditions.

It overrides the skin and hair palette files, it adds a small strip of multicolours to both to allow more fantasy skin colours etc. Useful for the "Goddess" portraits that Regula has, you should be able to just delete them from the Regula mod in "Regula_Magistri\gfx\portraits". Or reorder so that your mods with custom skin palettes go above Regula.

No plans at the moment, I think the paelex bonuses kinda give that already.

Then does this mod conflict with any government mods? Like Whuch's Imperial Government mod ?

@Randah Without fertility factor in the weigh formula it's very likely that you will end up with with getting old infertile women because they have no or low number of kids. The problem that if you get the event with a fertile woman then on the next iteration of the event that woman going to be excluded because of pregnancy or will have lower weight because of increased number of kids. However if the event triggers with infertile woman with zero kids then you is very likely to get an event with her (or other infertile woman) again and again because the execution of the event does "improves" the situation. So fertility should be taken into an account to avoid "looping" over same infertile spouses.

having the domina access fertility seems... gamey.

I don't think it's a problem. It's just an easy way to take into account many things like age, illness, traits and etc. It don't have to math to "what domina should know if it was real".

12 hours ago, ban10 said:

That would likely be a very good use case for triggering the creation of the Regula Magistrain Culture so you can get a cultural slate that doesn't have that particular perk. Or otherwise trigger a less expensive cultural reformation event once the Magister is able to do so.

Ok, have the ward event chain working. Still not sure how. I scrapped the event and started over. It still wouldn't fire. I literally copied the trigger_event black of code that I already had in the file and pasted it back over itself and the events started working. Is it sensitive to blank spaces, maybe? That doesn't make sense, but that is how I got everything to work.

2-4 days after you mulsa ward they are an adult and now come to you and you have the choice of making them a lover or not. It fires a carn scene based on your choice. My next puzzle is why is the ward randomly raping the magister.

Spoiler
#take the former ward's body
	option = {
		name = fascinare_outcome.2510.a

show_as_tooltip = {
				STRESS_EFFECTS = yes
				DRAMA = yes
				}	
			}
			STRESS_EFFECTS = yes
			DRAMA = yes
			}

}

#take the former ward's heart
	option = {
		name = fascinare_outcome.2510.l

show_as_tooltip = {
				STRESS_EFFECTS = yes
				DRAMA = yes
				}	
			}
			STRESS_EFFECTS = yes
			DRAMA = yes
			}

set_relation_lover = global_var:magister_character
			add_opinion = {
							modifier = love_opinion
							opinion = 30
							}
			}
		}

Am I missing a flag to make it consensual?

iRegula.7z

Edited by Randah
9 hours ago, variaNTR said:

Another gameplay question, how do you guys cope with Lay Clergy doctrine since the temple holdings will eat up a lot of your domain limits

I just grant it to courtiers. Much better to hold more counties with cities and temples in them paying taxes and levies to me then trying to hold every temple and castle.