[Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld Build 409 Public Link and Other Helpful Information

4 hours ago, BulleCore said:

can't define if the "Oniki_KinkyWorld_build399.7z" is better than the "ONIKI_KinkyWorld_0.37 (build 375).7z"

Better is always subjective.

Of the 'publicly' posted builds by OnikiKay here on LL, while build 399 is the most 'current' and has the most features - it also needed some bug fixes which we can't get without finding a newer build 'elsewhere'. Build 375 - which was once here but removed/replaced with the other version posted on the OP - is more stable in that it has fewer bugs. The other one which replaced it - I can't say anything about because 'if' I ever used it - I remember nothing about it.

Like any package, if you remove it then the game has no problem as only the .cache's one should clear will affect the game upon start up as it begins building with ONLY what you have installed. The real ISSUE would be saved games as they contain both scripts and references to 'objects'. THIS is why when removing a mod like Kinky World - one should use the KW menu to 'turn it off/disable it'. Once the mod has been disabled - making a new save game before quitting and removing the mod from your packages folder is the only sane way to approach continued use of a save file which 'once' had KW installed. Doing it any other way will almost always lead to save file corruption.

Now some mods can easily replace previous versions/builds without issue. As long as the name is the same and any other references don't change - then one is generally safe. Most mod makers will tell us if we need to completely disable/save/remove before replacing - otherwise an overwrite is acceptable. Things like animations one can just drop in the packages folder and overwrite with no other action as long as the KW_Name_Animations is the same. KW uses this information to access animation packages so if anything changes - one will have to open the KW settings and make the change in the woohoo packages menu.

Upgrading KW to a newer version (375 and up) can also be handled the same way - just drop in the 'part' that is an actual upgrade (checking file dates and sizes within a compressed folder is recommended if in doubt). The reason I suggest this is because the have been additions to the KW mod which aren't included with the 'default' build. Kinky TV has a few options one can use instead of OnikiKay's version for example. There is a much better version of L666 animations found near the end of that post which one should use instead of the one in the default KW mod as well. Once one sees the different packages within the KW mod, they generally know what to change and what to leave. Always read the patch/build notes though as some thing can change.

I personally have began experimenting with the latest build 409 which one can 'find' if curious. So I try to keep the version differences clear in my mind when answering problems/discussing the mod but I'm old and the memory leaks.

4 hours ago, BulleCore said:

the greatest version

Build 399 is newer and has more features than build 375, but many who tried it, including me, find it does not work as well as build 375. As @landesssaid, there are newer versions, but not released here publicly. They have more features, and varying problems.

The settings Import/Export doesn't work properly... at least, not in my experience. As you play, you may change settings, and export them to save, then travel to a different world. They do not import as you may expect them to, or the way Nraas mod settings can be saved and then imported to a new game.

If simply replacing the Kinky World mod, it is possible to make a separate folder, just for Kinky World, and place it inside your Packages folder. I have everything related to Kinky World in such a folder... animations and KW packages. I have removed the package that says "Kinky World Mod", placed it in a folder on desktop for safe keeping, and replaced it in the Kinky World folder with the newer version of the "Kinky World Mod" package. On game start up, Kinky World recognizes the change and loads the updated version automatically. 

Also, as Landess said, there are updated versions of L666 (formerly Lady666) animations. A better version for Kinky TV channels is linked in the main post. Much of what I try to do is make a central hub with links to help people to find what they need. ) As I come across more information, I will update again, and test all of the links to make sure they all work.

6 hours ago, landess said:

"Of the 'publicly' posted builds by OnikiKay here on LL, while build 399 is the most 'current' and has the most features - it also needed some bug fixes which we can't get without finding a newer build 'elsewhere'. Build 375 - which was once here but removed/replaced with the other version posted on the OP - is more stable in that it has fewer bugs. The other one which replaced it - I can't say anything about because 'if' I ever used it - I remember nothing about it."  [...]

"Upgrading KW to a newer version (375 and up) can also be handled the same way - just drop in the 'part' that is an actual upgrade (checking file dates and sizes within a compressed folder is recommended if in doubt). The reason I suggest this is because the have been additions to the KW mod which aren't included with the 'default' build. Kinky TV has a few options one can use instead of OnikiKay's version for example. There is a much better version of L666 animations found near the end of that post which one should use instead of the one in the default KW mod as well. Once one sees the different packages within the KW mod, they generally know what to change and what to leave. Always read the patch/build notes though as some thing can change.

I personally have began experimenting with the latest build 409 which one can 'find' if curious. So I try to keep the version differences clear in my mind when answering problems/discussing the mod but I'm old and the memory leaks."

Hello thank you @landess for your answer, I understand now and I'm happy for this , it's not that hard so I'll try to upgrade. I have the Oniki_videos.package from L666 but haven't tried them yet. I will not forget to replace the file. About the latest version 409 I'm curious if I can ask somewhere ? thanks again for your great advices.

5 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

If simply replacing the Kinky World mod, it is possible to make a separate folder, just for Kinky World, and place it inside your Packages folder. I have everything related to Kinky World in such a folder... animations and KW packages. I have removed the package that says "Kinky World Mod", placed it in a folder on desktop for safe keeping, and replaced it in the Kinky World folder with the newer version of the "Kinky World Mod" package. On game start up, Kinky World recognizes the change and loads the updated version automatically. 

Hi @LadySmoks thanks a lot for your explanations. 
I actually organized each mods folder by names, creators, etc. and LL has its own folder organized in the same way because I plan to compact them when I'm sure of each one. The same was done on my side to be sure not to lose everything as it happened the last time I decided to reinstall the whole game (I don't know why it was working as it was installed from my external hard drive it was also a big mess in the mods folder and the game still worked fine even with Kinky World installed, just a few crashes sometimes, it's so weird), I was so obsessed with properly categorizing my downloads on my computer (on the desktop I have a TS3 whole folder containing everything about the game, and a mods folder ready for TS3) and on my external hard drive (the whole thing), that I erased the most important files and lost the logic of what was left. After this, I took the opportunity to organize myself better with everything in this game until every package I decide to download. I came back here to take the TS3 and KW animations and start over properly and neatly. It's more useful like this to remember and honor the work of others even if some of them are no longer there or no longer work for ts3.

When it happened I thought I was wasting time, but in fact it was the best way to succeed even to save more time in the future and enjoy the game indeed.

I am not yet able to create something, but I want to contribute for example with a little art, I am a tattoo artist, I also draw and paint (I started drawing well at 7 and I am now 41), I understand nothing about XML, tuning, etc. I'm afraid to start with that, so at the moment I could create some tattoos, and when I have enough research, I would like to try something with blender but maybe in a lot of time.   Creating mods like KW is really beyond my ability even though I would like to do something like this, I know I don't know these things well enough to even try it out however exciting it is.

The settings Import/Export doesn't work properly... at least, not in my experience. As you play, you may change settings, and export them to save, then travel to a different world. They do not import as you may expect them to, or the way Nraas mod settings can be saved and then imported to a new game.

I must admit that it's not so bad because it can leave the opportunity to create a whole kinky land easy to reach with the "travel" mode ... In my opinion I prefer to let the sims enjoy when there is no kids (in game and at home in real life) so I send my sims to the University for example and I don't find it bothering to re-set the settings for that ... most of the time it's still easy to check what I want them to do or not do and it's more clear now,I can understand how to use these settings. 

Also, as Landess said, there are updated versions of L666 (formerly Lady666) animations. A better version for Kinky TV channels is linked in the main post. Much of what I try to do is make a central hub with links to help people to find what they need. ) As I come across more information, I will update again, and test all of the links to make sure they all work.

I will try them out soon, thank you very much you have helped me a lot in so many ways, thank you for keeping these things easy to find and to offer your updates,Thank you both! ❤️

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Zathuul said:

what hair mod would you recommend in the sim file share?

Any CC is a matter of the user's personal preference. I have 3 merged packages totaling 4+ GB of just hair. This site has over 7000 sims 3 hair styles for male, female and many for multiple age groups... https://simshairs.com/

As for files causing crashes, there is a link for Mods Folder set up on the first page which include a "Test" Folder and resource config to place CC you are not sure of. Also, the link to MTS to get Delphy's Dashboard Tool.

58 minutes ago, Zathuul said:

Sorry to ask but what hair mod would you recommend in the sim file share? I'm starting fresh because of a bad set of CC, since it was causing crashes so I'm a bit wary of CC.

While I can't list ALL the good CC as there have been other creators who do modify work already done - recolors and retextures are popular among hair with a few actually modifying the mesh. As ALWAYS I recommend using only .package files when possible since if there's any problem, they are by far the easiest to remove and one can use S3PE to look at, or modify them as well as place them with other SAFE .packages for merging purposes.

https://www.sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/03/tutorial-sims3packs-to-packages.html

CC I recommend using the standard Sims3Pack format would include downloads which have files that need to be placed in specific folders - usually Worlds/towns, Lots w/custom CC. Most everything else appears to work fine with .packages - so try to be sure when downloading these types of CC using the sims3pack style. Now someone whom uploads a lot and has separate .package files for everything get's it and usually will have a large folder with all the files set up. A good example is the Gothic Mansion I use for my Addams Family.

Spoiler

1950707030_GothicMansionfolder.png.7b18f8300a3c62cea39291fb3c4e941b.pngScreenshot-745.jpg.35837ce13b94b6ec469f7fbc45074abc.jpgScreenshot-750.jpg.5a9c5f41fb5bb00598f142474bf9cc1c.jpgScreenshot-749.jpg.b1548e10fb0e1a71cde149599b8a57df.jpg

^ I haven't gotten around to copying all these files to a new location and then merging them as a single .package file and testing it for stability. If it works fine then it would contribute to speeding up the loading process of the game.

>>>Anyways here's a few links to look at concerning bad CC and is only being referenced to help educate or reaffirm what you already know. Once one sees how bad CC can 'propagate' by attaching itself to Sims/etc., then it's easier to choose the right CC without fear of each one being some kind of 'Trojan horse'.

https://findingbadccsims3.blogspot.com/

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/custom-content-cc/bad-cc

https://findingbadccsims3.blogspot.com/2011/12/sims-3-those-hooker-boots-and-how-to.html?m=1

Anyone interested can also just do a search and find many links to people helping with this issue.

On 4/22/2021 at 10:03 AM, LadySmoks said:

As for files causing crashes, there is a link for Mods Folder set up on the first page which include a "Test" Folder and resource config to place CC you are not sure of. Also, the link to MTS to get Delphy's Dashboard Tool.

On 4/22/2021 at 10:19 AM, landess said:

As ALWAYS I recommend using only .package files when possible since if there's any problem, they are by far the easiest to remove and one can use S3PE to look at, or modify them as well as place them with other SAFE .packages for merging purposes.

Thank you! This really helps, I had no idea what s3pe was for and where to put the files, now though I should be able to understand it better. Thank you so much for helping me.

Also I really like MaryJane's default replacers for the hairs, I'm thinking of trying those out too.

I hate to ask again but I completely forgot to bookmark a old mod, one that fixed my pointy/fucked up boob issue a long time ago. I feel like I missed a step somewhere, is that fix in this guide? I forget the name of the mod, extremely sorry for asking again.

Spoiler

526680547_PointyBoobIssue.png.bcc94b891c2644276fc72cb8a73b7552.png

• Guest changed the title to [Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld Build 409 Public Link and Other Helpful Information
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, LadySmoks said:

Google search

16 minutes ago, Clydie said:

For my part, I removed the Woohooer because the modlets not fit with the KW ones.

Thanks guys, I actually found the clothes after searching intensely. Although LadySmoks those are good too, I remember trying one of those. That one https://modthesims.info/d/492712/teen-female-maternity-wear.html but decided to remove it cause it was not limited to pregnant Teens only, so almost every Teen was wearing them. Although I found ukpoppy's Teen Maternity clothes and they seem to be locked to pregnant Teens only so far. https://simfileshare.net/folder/68857/

This is where I found it on the thesims forums. https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/321502/anubis-and-poppy-sims-downloads/p3

• 2 weeks later...

I know I'm annoying with all my questions, but I don't know other places to ask. Am I the only one who has the travel bug? I just got my teen seem travelling to another town to imitate a runaway from her home, and kinky interactions started working like shit. Script error when trying to sleep on couch, no aroused or horny mood though I increased the multiplier and did kinky things, and she also can't undress and take shower. Debug doesn't help. Even when she uses toilet she is fully dressed wtf. I'm panicking because I have 200+ mods and the conflict can be absolutely everywhere. Even worse if that's not a conflict, but the mod by itself. I'm frustrated.

Edited by AnnaRiley
20 minutes ago, AnnaRiley said:

I know I'm annoying with all my questions, but I don't know other places to ask. Am I the only one who has the travel bug? I just got my teen seem travelling to another town to imitate a runaway from her home, and kinky interactions started working like shit. Script error when trying to sleep on couch, no aroused or horny mood though I increased the multiplier and did kinky things, and she also can't undress and take shower. Debug doesn't help. Even when she uses toilet she is fully dressed wtf. I'm panicking because I have 200+ mods and the conflict can be absolutely everywhere. Even worse if that's not a conflict, but the mod by itself. I'm frustrated.

First... questions should be made on the main Kinky World page, as more people monitor that page who might be able to help.

Now, do you have Nraas Traveler? If no, get and install it, as any travel in TS3, with or without KW installed is a crap shoot and usually does not work without it.

1 hour ago, AnnaRiley said:

Then it all works normally. Very strange... Maybe some sort of conflict

Every time your Sim travels to a new world - you are basically starting a new game with that Sims save information being used. Now this is happening while the game itself is already running. The Sims 3 is known to have issues with memory resulting in many changes, patches and mods to help. Adding the fact KW also has to do the same thing in a new world - list objects for animation usage, etc.

Saving as soon as one has control again in a new world makes sure all the exported data is now ready to be used in a game session start. Restarting the game allows it to properly build the game world with all the necessary information while not having to deal with the remnants of the world being left and the game resources being shared.

2 hours ago, AnnaRiley said:

I do have traveller and I actually found a solvation. After a trip you should save, go to the main menu and then reload the game. Then it all works normally. Very strange... Maybe some sort of conflict.

Basically everything @landess said... once in the vacation world, I wait until everything loads, then I "save as"... Next I just quit the game, or shut it down via task manager. Then, I clean my save, which removes unnecessary image and snap files. Then, I will clear caches... I do this a lot anyway, as clearing the caches ensures any new garments or CC I made and have added to my Test folder goes into the game. THEN, I restart the game and play normally. I do the same cleaning when my family returns home.

• 3 weeks later...