[mod] (SJK) Beauty Scales Breasts

(SJK) Beauty Scales Breasts

This is a simple mod that adds a portrait morph effect to characters so that females with beauty traits have larger breasts. If you think beautiful characters should be bustier characters, this mod is for you.

What It Does

Female characters with beauty traits (Comely, Pretty, Beautiful) get a bonus to their breast scale, giving them larger breasts than they normally would have. Higher ranks of the Beauty trait will result in larger breasts, with the Rank 3 trait (Beautiful) also having a slower breast aging effect.

Here's a progression from a default character through all 3 beauty trait ranks:

featureNudeDefault.jpg.0fc97078a73dbbc0bc0f4d4fc6d741a8.jpgfeatureNudeRank1.jpg.33ae1ccf42940959ad9277af1dca837b.jpgfeatureNudeRank2.jpg.e0c9355c2ce1b85a113c694479e22889.jpgfeatureNudeRank3.jpg.a9fad7932faf408b58c007acbcd8c8fc.jpg

I've added extra blendshapes to the clothing assets so the larger breasts are visible even with clothed characters.

featureClothedDefault.jpg.61f90fb328aebad893129f9fee9b8b63.jpgfeatureClothedRank1.jpg.5a170d136873e64f0fb23d02b05960dd.jpgfeatureClothedRank2.jpg.6b2aef0c11753ac80b7e349006396dd3.jpgfeatureClothedRank3.jpg.9f7430bf80e061250c19da02a3c6a42b.jpg

Characters with the Rank 3 Beauty trait even resist the effects of age, allowing their breasts to remain perky even in their old age.

featureAgeDefault.jpg.e56e217c82ee59d7592814dbd86bb527.jpgfeatureAgeFixed.jpg.cd90dfce5c8ab8cc2621e8a17f36e09d.jpg

You can control how this mod behaves with a new Minor Decision available in the Decisions panel.

decisionInfo.thumb.jpg.45ef04a6bc5ab29dc531835470c05c0a.jpg

Starting this decision will bring up an event that allows you to change which characters get breast size boosts and how big of a boost they should receive. A model character joins you for this event to show off the effects of any changes you make.

decisionMain.thumb.jpg.52f4e728b7050c63e820bf831550ce57.jpg

The Change Trigger Options choice allows you to change which characters get boosts to their breast size. The default setting is that characters get increasing boosts as they go up in Beauty trait ranks, with the final Rank 3 trait getting the full boost. Other options include:

• Characters with any Beauty trait get the full boost
  • All characters get the full boost
  • No characters get a boost (turns off this mod)

decisionTriggers.thumb.jpg.40d618ebce6a8634ba180ce5809efd7b.jpg

The other choice is Change Breast Scale Amount, which allows you to customize how much of a boost characters will receive. The default option is 100%, giving characters the full boost available. This setting allows you to decrease this amount to better suit your taste.

In addition, this setting allows you to toggle the model character's clothing so you can see how it looks both clothed and nude.

decisionScale.thumb.jpg.9389d2d742f8407e6797dfb2e9588ec1.jpg

All changes you made here are applied immediately. You can open up another character via the map and see the changes to them as you modify these options.

Usage

Unzip the archive into your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings III/mod folder. This will add two folders and two mod descriptor files for sjkBreastScales and sjkBeautyScalesBreasts.

From the game launcher, click the Mods tab and turn on both the SJK - Breast Scales Resource and SJK-Beauty Scales Breasts mods.

Launch the game!

How To Update

The safest way would be to delete the old folders and .mod files and replace them with the new ones in the zip file. You should be able to update from an old version to a new version without any issues or problems with saved games. But if there is a problem, I'll be sure to call it out in the update notes.

Updating from a version prior to F Cup to a version after F Cup will require you to activate new versions of the mods. Check the update notes below for details.

How To Remove

Disable the mods from the game launcher

Remove the folders and .mod files from the mod folder.

Launch the game, load your save, and then resave it. This will clear out any old gene data saved in the character thumbnail.

Compatibility

You should be able to add this mod to a game in progress without any issue.

Likewise, removing this mod shouldn't have any effect on your saved games. You may see an error in the log about a missing gene. Saving your game with this mod disabled will correct this.

The SJK - Breast Scales Resource mod contains overrides for the female_body.asset file and all of the female clothing asset files. This is so we can add the extra blendshapes that allow for larger breast sizes. This will cause conflicts with any other mods that modify these files.

Permissions

Feel free to rip, remix, and publish your own mods that incorporate or use this mod. A link back to this mod would be appreciated.

Unless Paradox does some dramatic changes to how character portraits work, this should be compatible with future versions of the game. But if this mod requires some tweaks to get it working and I haven't gotten around to updating this, feel free to update it on your own. Again, just do me a solid by linking back to this original.

thanks for this exploratory mod kincade. i found out if you were to take out the changes to breast size 2, its takes out all the clipping.

additionally, doing a simple change to the code to have it use big_tits_1/_2/_3 works very very well with carnalities, gigantic tit characters now really do have the biggest tits in the world for example

I am trying to figure out if there is any other way to push the pdx mesh to the limit. i want slightly bigger breast if possible. please let me know if you find any other solutions to increase breast size

11 hours ago, Hupfer3 said:

Thx for sharing this. Unfortunatly there is major clipping with every outfit. Is this normal? Is there a chance for a patch that fixes this issue?

New version posted which corrects this issue. Thank you for bringing it to my attention!

5 hours ago, luffyboy said:

I am trying to figure out if there is any other way to push the pdx mesh to the limit. i want slightly bigger breast if possible. please let me know if you find any other solutions to increase breast size

You can try maxing out all of the breast shape blendshapes as well. This would only work for nude characters. I didn't go this route because I still wanted characters to have unique looking breasts. But if you wanted to make a "mega boob" trait, that could be an option.

Otherwise, I think the next steps would be:

• Find a way to push blendshapes past the 2x limit. I can't tell if this is a game engine limitation, something defined in the mesh files, or a value that is defined somewhere that we can modify. Eventually we will run into the limits of pure scaling because there is only so far we can go before the mesh loses its round shape.
  • Generate new blendshape mesh files. This would allow an industrious 3d modeler the ability to define new breast shapes as well as adding another morph we can scale up. If we wanted this to work with clothed characters, we would have to make blendshapes for all of the clothes as well.
  • Generate new body meshes. This would allow a 3d modeler to add additional polygons around the breasts so they could be scaled up even further without looking too blocky. This could be a simple subdivide on the existing mesh to add extra polys, or redoing the topology to allow better scaling.

A crazy idea, and hear me out here, would be to find a way to port the CHBB body mesh from Skyrim over to this game. The big hurdles there would be making the mesh conform with whatever skeleton rig Paradox is using for their animations, and rigging the vanilla clothes to fit it. But that mesh already has a buuuunch of blend shapes defined that we could use (just play with Bodyslide to see all of the possibilities). And it already looks really good at big breast proportions. As a bonus, we could port over skyrim clothing mods relatively easily.

8 hours ago, kincade said:

New version posted which corrects this issue. Thank you for bringing it to my attention!

Thx for the quick fix, no more clipping in my game.

13 hours ago, luffyboy said:

additionally, doing a simple change to the code to have it use big_tits_1/_2/_3 works very very well with carnalities, gigantic tit characters now really do have the biggest tits in the world for example

Do you have a mod version of this change you could share? I just got into moding ck3 and have not got to the editing/creating mod point myself yet.

Well, I do not consider myself a modder but I managed to get it to work with Carnalitas as well. I've added two files in the ZIP-file. If you want to use them (or anyone else) please feel free to do so.

Replace "sjk_portraitmod_beauty_scales_breasts.txt" in the ...\sjkBeautyScalesBreasts\gfx\portraits\portrait_modifiers folder with that in the zip-file.

The only change here is that I replaced all beauty traits with the big tits traits from Carnalitas.

Replace "00_carn_tits.txt" in the ...\Carnalitas\gfx\portraits\portrait_modifiers folder with the one in the zip-file.

I simply deleted all lines in the "00_carn_tits.txt" which referred to the "tits_big"-traits as I believe all big breasts in Carnalitas use the same breast shape so yes, all tits_big are really huge but they all look samey. With my changes I believe that now all shapes are used for the tits_big-trait as is intended by kincade's mod.

Be sure to make copies of the original files in case anything goes wrong... Put sjk-beauty-scales-breasts mod below (after) Carnalitas mod in the launcher.

As I mentioned I am by no means a modding guy. I simply tested this and it seems legit...

CarnBigBusom.zip

11 hours ago, kincade said:

You can try maxing out all of the breast shape blendshapes as well. This would only work for nude characters. I didn't go this route because I still wanted characters to have unique looking breasts. But if you wanted to make a "mega boob" trait, that could be an option.

Otherwise, I think the next steps would be:

• Find a way to push blendshapes past the 2x limit. I can't tell if this is a game engine limitation, something defined in the mesh files, or a value that is defined somewhere that we can modify. Eventually we will run into the limits of pure scaling because there is only so far we can go before the mesh loses its round shape.
  • Generate new blendshape mesh files. This would allow an industrious 3d modeler the ability to define new breast shapes as well as adding another morph we can scale up. If we wanted this to work with clothed characters, we would have to make blendshapes for all of the clothes as well.
  • Generate new body meshes. This would allow a 3d modeler to add additional polygons around the breasts so they could be scaled up even further without looking too blocky. This could be a simple subdivide on the existing mesh to add extra polys, or redoing the topology to allow better scaling.

A crazy idea, and hear me out here, would be to find a way to port the CHBB body mesh from Skyrim over to this game. The big hurdles there would be making the mesh conform with whatever skeleton rig Paradox is using for their animations, and rigging the vanilla clothes to fit it. But that mesh already has a buuuunch of blend shapes defined that we could use (just play with Bodyslide to see all of the possibilities). And it already looks really good at big breast proportions. As a bonus, we could port over skyrim clothing mods relatively easily.

yea i loaded up the blender last night to try to see what could be done easily.

I made a slightly bigger breast base mesh for the nude body as a trial and that worked well. problem came when i tried to do the same for clothes. there are just too few vertices giving you blocky like breast on clothing meshes and when i try to increase the vertice count to have better defined edges they spaz out into an abomination in game for some reason. just gonna have to wait and pray some god 3d modder can solve this pickle for us till then

Btw, OP, remember to leave the path in the .mod file as

"mod/sjkBeautyScalesBreasts"

instead of

"C:/Users/Mike/Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings III/mod/sjkBeautyScalesBreasts"

Because it prevents the launcher from reading the mod correctly, unless you happen to be called Mike, Mike.

2 hours ago, luffyboy said:

yea i loaded up the blender last night to try to see what could be done easily.

I made a slightly bigger breast base mesh for the nude body as a trial and that worked well. problem came when i tried to do the same for clothes. there are just too few vertices giving you blocky like breast on clothing meshes and when i try to increase the vertice count to have better defined edges they spaz out into an abomination in game for some reason. just gonna have to wait and pray some god 3d modder can solve this pickle for us till then

Changing the topology (vertices and edges) on a mesh is tricky, because I think you would then have to also change all of the blendshapes as well. If Vertex 14 is supposed to move left when the breasts get bigger, if your new Vertex 14 isn't in the same spot then the mesh will collapse into nonsense.

I don't know enough yet about how the mesh files work. I'll try to start looking into that this weekend.

I understood from earlier posts that you can't increase the number of vertices. I also tried blender but I am unable to do anything without adding vertices. I am completely new to 3D modding and I find it horribly complicated ?

However, I also thought that about modding in CK2 when I started 2 years ago and I have made some progress. So I won't give up.

Anything you guys post here is really useful.

16 minutes ago, joemann said:

I understood from earlier posts that you can't increase the number of vertices. I also tried blender but I am unable to do anything without adding vertices. I am completely new to 3D modding and I find it horribly complicated ?

However, I also thought that about modding in CK2 when I started 2 years ago and I have made some progress. So I won't give up.

Anything you guys post here is really useful.

Technically you should be able to change the number of vertices, but you'd have to do that for every version of a morph to work properly, if at all.

Nice stuff. Could you please make a version where the maximum is between standard and extra? 

Also, could you please make a version which doesn't add new genes, but rather modifies the original ones, so that big-breasted women could occur naturally? I could do it myself, but it would be great if you made this for those who want it. After all, not everyone associates beauty with big breasts.

47 minutes ago, hamimobe said:

Nice stuff. Could you please make a version where the maximum is between standard and extra? 

Also, could you please make a version which doesn't add new genes, but rather modifies the original ones, so that big-breasted women could occur naturally? I could do it myself, but it would be great if you made this for those who want it. After all, not everyone associates beauty with big breasts.

That's what i'm wondering too. Does this mod make breast size strictly controlled by beauty traits, or does it just add values to semi-random parental values ?

EDIT:

Female characters with beauty traits (Comely, Pretty, Beautiful) get a bonus to their breast scale, giving them larger breasts than they normally would have

The base "Beauty Scales Breasts" mod doesn't change any vanilla files. The modifications are strictly additive.

I assume this means large breasts can still happen without traits.

31 minutes ago, ambitions said:

That's what i'm wondering too. Does this mod make breast size strictly controlled by beauty traits, or does it just add values to semi-random parental values ?

EDIT:

I assume this means large breasts can still happen without traits.

No, this mod does't change vanilla breast genes. Without the traits your girls won't have bigger breasts.

It's pretty easy to mod it yourself though. Just go to common/genes/morph_genes or whatever it's called and change size_max and size_max2 to 2.0 instead of 1.0.

On 10/27/2020 at 12:21 PM, hoover2701 said:

Well, I do not consider myself a modder but I managed to get it to work with Carnalitas as well. I've added two files in the ZIP-file. If you want to use them (or anyone else) please feel free to do so.

Replace "sjk_portraitmod_beauty_scales_breasts.txt" in the ...\sjkBeautyScalesBreasts\gfx\portraits\portrait_modifiers folder with that in the zip-file.

The only change here is that I replaced all beauty traits with the big tits traits from Carnalitas.

Replace "00_carn_tits.txt" in the ...\Carnalitas\gfx\portraits\portrait_modifiers folder with the one in the zip-file.

I simply deleted all lines in the "00_carn_tits.txt" which referred to the "tits_big"-traits as I believe all big breasts in Carnalitas use the same breast shape so yes, all tits_big are really huge but they all look samey. With my changes I believe that now all shapes are used for the tits_big-trait as is intended by kincade's mod.

Be sure to make copies of the original files in case anything goes wrong... Put sjk-beauty-scales-breasts mod below (after) Carnalitas mod in the launcher.

As I mentioned I am by no means a modding guy. I simply tested this and it seems legit...

CarnBigBusom.zip 1.12 kB · 9 downloads

Thx man, got it working right away and after looking into the txt files i think i now know what part you changed to make it work with the can traits instead of the default one.

6 hours ago, hamimobe said:

I can add a game rule that lets you pick a scaling modifier. But I'd like to get all of the clothing assets modded first. So it might be a bit before I can add that.

In the meantime, you can edit this yourself directly by going to common\genes\sjk_genes_beauty_scales_breasts_extra_milky.txt and changing the ranges for both genes from [0 1] to [0 0.5].

I wouldn't want to do that with this mod, as I want to ensure it remains compatible with other mods. But this is a change you can make yourself.

To do something like this, you would need to modify the common\genes\01_genes_morph.txt file and tinker with the gene_bs_bust gene group. You would want to change the ranges from the default [-1 1] to instead by [-2 2]. Be careful as some of the ranges are reversed. Most bust genes add in bs_body_breast_shape_2 scaled by inverse age, as this is what causes breasts to droop as characters get older.

5 hours ago, ambitions said:

This is strictly an addition. The base breast size is determined by the character's DNA string. The mod just adds some extra size to a character's base breast size if they have one of the beauty traits. So if a character's base DNA says they should be a B Cup, and the Pretty (Beauty Rank 2) trait adds a +2 cup size modifier, then the result will be a character with a D Cup. You can think of it as the character having larger breasts than they would by genetics alone, rather than making all large breasted characters get the Beauty traits.

This means it is possible for a Comely (Beauty Rank 1) character to have smaller breasts than a character who just naturally has larger breasts in their DNA. The "Extra Milky" addon makes this less likely, as the extra breast size characters get from beauty traits will typically overpower default genetics.

Thank you very much for your exceptional work. That's really great stuff! Though I like the added 'ooomph' when clothed the nude milky version simply ist too much for me! ;)

I've managed to remove the milky nude scaling of the breasts while keeping the clothed changes as I think they fit well with the largest breast size (without the milky modification).

I believe there are still some issues with clipping though. Some outfits don't work as intended. Namely:

Arabic Low Nobility Clothing 2
Arabic High Nobility Clothing 2
African Commoner Clothing 2
African Low Nobility Clothing 2
African High Nobility Clothing 2

dBmy0qJ.jpg

Maybe you could verify this. Thanks a lot in advance!

Ah, I goofed up and am using the old blendshape name instead of my new one. That has the unfortunate side effect of disabling the blend shape entirely, which is why the breasts are poking through on those outfits.

I'll get that fixed for the next update. I will also be including some new gamerules that allows you to better control how this mod works. Based on feedback, the options I have planned are:

Who gets breast scaling?

• Characters get bonus scaling based on the beauty traits (default)
  • Characters get maximum bonus scaling if they have any beauty traits
  • All characters get maximum bonus scaling

How much scaling does Extra Milky provide?

• Full amount of scaling (default)
  • Half the amount of scaling
  • No extra scaling

For that second option I'll probably still apply the full scaling to the clothing. I think it looks pretty good without being excessive. I figure if you don't want the clothing scaling, then the Extra Milky mod is probably not for you.

Downside with gamerules is that there's no easy way to change them once you've started a game. And it sucks to have to make choices like this before you even start and can see the effects. You can change these values by editing your save file. But that requires a level of technical proficiency that I don't think is fair to expect all players to have.

One other option would be to include a decision you can trigger to modify the settings. That would let me display preview characters so you can see the effects in real time. But I don't know if people would be happy with me cluttering up the decisions window with something like that.

1 hour ago, kincade said:

Ah, I goofed up and am using the old blendshape name instead of my new one. That has the unfortunate side effect of disabling the blend shape entirely, which is why the breasts are poking through on those outfits.

I'll get that fixed for the next update. I will also be including some new gamerules that allows you to better control how this mod works. Based on feedback, the options I have planned are:

Who gets breast scaling?

• Characters get bonus scaling based on the beauty traits (default)
  • Characters get maximum bonus scaling if they have any beauty traits
  • All characters get maximum bonus scaling

How much scaling does Extra Milky provide?

• Full amount of scaling (default)
  • Half the amount of scaling
  • No extra scaling

For that second option I'll probably still apply the full scaling to the clothing. I think it looks pretty good without being excessive. I figure if you don't want the clothing scaling, then the Extra Milky mod is probably not for you.

Downside with gamerules is that there's no easy way to change them once you've started a game. And it sucks to have to make choices like this before you even start and can see the effects. You can change these values by editing your save file. But that requires a level of technical proficiency that I don't think is fair to expect all players to have.

One other option would be to include a decision you can trigger to modify the settings. That would let me display preview characters so you can see the effects in real time. But I don't know if people would be happy with me cluttering up the decisions window with something like that.

After fiddling around with your mod, i was wondering whether the clothing scaling is at its maximum?

Would it be possible to add yet another layer of gene morph so that breast size for clothings match characters when they are nude and using the extra milky version?