[mod] (SJK) Beauty Scales Breasts

I had yet another idea involving breast size that my ignorance and incompetence have left me unable to implement. I wonder whether it could be a part of this mod. Characters in CK3 generally gain weight as they age, but it is gradual. They don't just suddenly become fat. I wonder whether the same could be done with breast size. Could they slowly grow with age too? That way a woman would be flatchested as a teenager but have the maximum breast size by the end of her life. Although then only old women would have large breasts... unless aging were disabled. I know that's possible because I've seen other mods do it, but I can't figure out from looking at the files how they did it. I was thinking I could repurpose the part of the game that makes characters gain weight, but I can't find that anywhere in the files.

Once again I am requesting suggestions or pointers or assistance of any kind.

On 1/3/2021 at 3:52 PM, Hermitic said:

I had yet another idea involving breast size that my ignorance and incompetence have left me unable to implement. I wonder whether it could be a part of this mod. Characters in CK3 generally gain weight as they age, but it is gradual. They don't just suddenly become fat. I wonder whether the same could be done with breast size. Could they slowly grow with age too? That way a woman would be flatchested as a teenager but have the maximum breast size by the end of her life. Although then only old women would have large breasts... unless aging were disabled. I know that's possible because I've seen other mods do it, but I can't figure out from looking at the files how they did it. I was thinking I could repurpose the part of the game that makes characters gain weight, but I can't find that anywhere in the files.

Once again I am requesting suggestions or pointers or assistance of any kind.

I tried that, but I need more documentation to know how to implement it correctly.

There are these "bs_bust"-type genes that control how breasts grow over time.

There's a kinda strange qualifier mentioned there, something about "puberty", which I couldn't find the exact reference where it is defined.

I managed to switch it to "breasts from birth" by replacing it with some similar qualifier used in other body-related genes, but that's just stupid (babies with tits, loool).

Still, if I could find where exactly these qualifiers are defined (I still didn't), I could change the "peak young breast size" age in the first place.

And there's a "gradient" (usually something like from 0 to 1, or backwards), which predictably means how the gene is graphically implemented over the years.

But I still don't exactly understand HOW all of it works, and it's nearly impossible to test any GRADUAL changes in any efficient way anyways.

Plus, there are SEVERAL genes at work over the years, so it's not as easy to separate the result caused by one gene and not by the other.

I have a VERY vague understanding of it, but I don't think I could do much as of now.

Which is a pity, since I would also want more control over the GENETICS of body shapes and sizes (making heredity make more sense and difference, if anything).

But not as of yet, sadly.

Yeah, that's a similar problem to what I was facing. That genes file contains a bunch of numbers and variables whose effects aren't clear. The event used in this mod swaps a woman's current bust genes with new ones for increased size. A rather tedious way of doing gradual growth would be writing events for each tiny increment of breast size and having them automatically fire for all women, so every woman would go through stages of growth according to age. Maybe once a year or two, an event would fire that would swap a woman's bust genes with slightly larger ones. The current event increases all women's busts simultaneously, and that by very large 20% increments. I think fifty 2% increments would create more satisfying gradual growth rather than five 20% increments.

However, I'm not quite sure what to make of this mod's breast size increase event (sjk_events_beauty_scales_breasts_options). Even if I could change it from five steps to fifty (which seems theoretically possible; I could try changing "add = 0.2" to something smaller), I still do not know how I could make the event apply only to an individual woman and make it fire once per year for every woman.

33 minutes ago, Hermitic said:

Yeah, that's a similar problem to what I was facing. That genes file contains a bunch of numbers and variables whose effects aren't clear. The event used in this mod swaps a woman's current bust genes with new ones for increased size. A rather tedious way of doing gradual growth would be writing events for each tiny increment of breast size and having them automatically fire for all women, so every woman would go through stages of growth according to age. Maybe once a year or two, an event would fire that would swap a woman's bust genes with slightly larger ones. The current event increases all women's busts simultaneously, and that by very large 20% increments. I think fifty 2% increments would create more satisfying gradual growth rather than five 20% increments.

However, I'm not quite sure what to make of this mod's breast size increase event (sjk_events_beauty_scales_breasts_options). Even if I could change it from five steps to fifty (which seems theoretically possible; I could try changing "add = 0.2" to something smaller), I still do not know how I could make the event apply only to an individual woman and make it fire once per year for every woman.

That's the exact opposite method to what I meant.

This mod brute-forces its preferences onto any "more or less applicable" characters, but it has hardly any genetic variety behind it, let alone firing at different ages.

What I was talking about, if applied correctly, could even make individual HEIGHT GROWTH possible (which isn't now, since there are hardly any height genes altogether).

Or any gene that changes over time in the sense of "aging" (either child-to-adult or adult-to-old).

Heck, we could implement a ton of additional body-related changes as well, if we could separate body-defining genes in a more orderly fashion.

Like, I think that "getting fat" is now hardly genetic, but more directly tied to overeating - which is, well, only one aspect of it.

You could code bad and good metabolism to even be genetic - and actually affect "health" stats beyond plain "fat".

Or a ton of other stuff, genetic and ongoing.

The problem is to write a decent article on how these GENES actually work time-wise.

I do have a hunch based on the minimal hints in there, but it's hardly enough to actually CODE stuff.

For one, I have no clue where to look for (and EDIT or ADD) stages of one's life (like the aforementioned "puberty something").

If I could mod THAT, it alone would solve like 90% of the "aging breasts" confusion that you have.

Simply make separate genes for "be max size at teen/adult/old" - and you already have a variety of breasts that actually GROW differently.

Then we'd need a few meshes for a bit of a LOOKS variety, though a lot can be done with the existing different breasts already (I just don't know how EXACTLY to do it).

So, in the end, we COULD code a mod that would give guys LITERAL preferences in women breasts (not just generic size and types, but a lot more precise variety).

And, of course, when we get to coding actual metabolism (more or less), we can expand the events that are related to health (good or bad) as well - a LOT.

But ALL of this - only after we get comprehensive DOCUMENTATION on how GENES work in general and in particular.

So, yeah.

Yes, that SOUNDS good. If only Paradox WOULD give more clear indications. UNTIL we get THAT, I was just trying to create something AT least similar to my idea. By the WAY, I was able to make breasts increase BY very small amounts with EACH click in the event. (I'll stop doing the capitalization now. I was just doing a little parody of your style.)

While what you described sounds way better than what I was trying to do, all that individual morphing doesn't seem possible at the moment. Maybe Paradox could be prodded into providing more information? In the meantime, we could try using what is available right now to achieve something at leasst similar to the goal. Could we somehow write an event which fires once every interval for every woman and applies this mod's breast increase effect? It isn't perfect, but it is at least a start. Maybe once per month, every woman's breast size increases by 2% until 100% is reached. If I did it that way, would all women having different breast sizes be possible using this mod as a base? An older woman would have larger breasts than a younger woman, rather than all women having the same size. Daddypika's Cheat Menu has an "immortal" trait which causes a character to stop aging at 30, which means she has the body of a 30-year-old forever. I wonder if that effect could be applied to all women simultaneously.

That's where we differ.

You suggest adding events, which means "check everyone every while" and eats up memory (eventually making the game LAG a lot).

I'm suggesting tinkering with traits (making a lot more of them to suit individual genetics) instead, which would not add any additional memory strain altogether.

It would just spread the "breast size amplitude over the years" in different patterns (which probably happens even now, but to a much lesser variety than I'm suggesting).

Also, "breast sagging" is wired to start at the same age (25) for every woman out there indiscriminately (except for the one special trait that eliminates it altogether).

My idea would make this vary a lot - to the degree of 45 year old "pretty" women having "young" breasts that would still sag by their 60 (or, hell, 100).

Or conversely, "ugly" women having sagging ("old")  breasts as early as 20.

Not as events, but as traits (translatable into body genes), actually genetically inheritable as well.

ALL of that is perfectly achievable already now - as far as programming itself goes.

The only actual problem is to fish out all those "age periods" (and add a few more, if needed) - and to understand the "aging curve" qualifiers much better.

That doesn't require any Game Updates, but rather a better understanding of the existing game files.

It's very much doable, but needs a good dose of luck (to find the elusive files) and a huge dose of patience (to test-probe the aging curve 9000 times).

So, yeah.

I see what you're saying. You are right about it eating a lot of memory. I didn't think of that. And given how different the approaches are, spending time making my idea is pointless when work could be done to make yours. Your idea is far superior to mine, but I lack the ability to do it.

Could I at least do my original idea of integrating this mod into my base game so that women naturally range from the vanilla minimum to the mod's maximum, or do you think that would also cause problems? I've been trying to make it happen for a while, but I can't make any progress.

1 hour ago, Hermitic said:

I see what you're saying. You are right about it eating a lot of memory. I didn't think of that. And given how different the approaches are, spending time making my idea is pointless when work could be done to make yours. Your idea is far superior to mine, but I lack the ability to do it.

Could I at least do my original idea of integrating this mod into my base game so that women naturally range from the vanilla minimum to the mod's maximum, or do you think that would also cause problems? I've been trying to make it happen for a while, but I can't make any progress.

Why are you asking ME about it?

I'm not this mod's author, lol.

And like I said, my idea might be very flexible in its result, but it requires a lot of testing that would consume a canyon of time wasted on calibration.

Plus, I'm still missing the "age stages" files, which are quite crucial to the idea.

So, in a sense, your idea is more CURRENTLY practical, apart from the memory consumption PROBABLE problem (which may or may not be real, and I have no clue there).

Plus-plus, your idea is theoretically cumulatively-compatible with mine, if we implement such "bizarre" events like "changing your own genetics", lol.

This said - I'd say: you go and do yours, and if/when I get to do mine, then, well, the more the better.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2020 at 10:03 AM, hoover2701 said:

Here's the zip-file. I have renamed the original mod by Kincade to 'BreastSizeScalesBreasts' in order to make it easier to install this alongside the original mod. I hope that's fine with you @kincade. So simply place the 'BreastSizeScalesBreasts'-folder and the 'BreastSizeScalesBreasts'-modfile in your mod folder. Then replace the file '00_carn_tits.txt' in the Carnalitas-mod folder (Path: ...\mod\Carnalitas\gfx\portraits\portrait_modifiers). That's it. Then activate the mods in the launcher. Don't forget Kincade's 'sjkBreastScales'-mod. Hmm, i hope everything works out fine...

BreastSizeScalesBreasts.zip 228.57 kB · 150 downloads

Thanks. File is posted. I hope you don't mind me using your complete mod (which I modified) for simplicity reasons... Your plans concerning the alternative approach to 'Simple Slits" sounds great. Looking forward to it! :)

Since you version of this mod works with carnalitas, it means I should follow the load order for it?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 4/21/2021 at 10:52 AM, manualonso said:

I wish somebody could at least tell us how to fix it, the file structure doesn't seem too complex... I just don't wanna spend days learning how to mod just to change one thing xD

Figured it out. Really simple fix. get your IDE of choice (i.e. Intellij, Visual Studio Code, Eclipse, etc.), I dont know how well others work but I use Intellij and it works just fine for this. Then unpack the file into your paradox mod folder if you haven't yet (should have 2 folders and two .mod files of the same name as the folders. After that, simply edit the two .mod named the same as the two folders (sjkBeautyScalesBreasts.mod and sjkBreastScales.mod) and change the version to the current version (1.4.4 as of writing, but you can find this on the main page of the launcher). Then do the same with the descriptor.mod files in the two folders. Lastly make a new playset, as the initial playset wont add it in for some reason, and add the two mods into it. I haven't noticed any issues and this will trick the game into thinking the mods were intended for the current version which should be all that is needed unless Paradox updates something about the DNA system that fundamentally breaks everything

So the mods still works for 1.4.4? Do you know if this is also true for the newest version of carnalitas and the boday part trait sclaing option for this mod? Cranalitas made changes to the bodypart traits (added a positive and negative version of each). I assume this also requiers some edits to amke them compatible.

On 11/16/2021 at 3:52 AM, Hupfer3 said:

So the mods still works for 1.4.4? Do you know if this is also true for the newest version of carnalitas and the boday part trait sclaing option for this mod? Cranalitas made changes to the bodypart traits (added a positive and negative version of each). I assume this also requiers some edits to amke them compatible.

No clue about other mod compatibility as this is the only loverslab mod I'm currently using. It works almost entirely for 1.4.4, with only some clipping problems with newer outfits added to the game. This can be easily solved with the undress mod on steam workshop or just reforming religion to natural primitivist/converting to Adamite

This doesn't seem to work for me with carnalitas and CBO. The "SJK-Breast scale resource" distorts female body meshes or makes it invisible if put at the bottom of load order. But if you put it at the very top, then NPC's that have the bossom trait will have flat chests.

Sad too, because its a good concept and looks great too

Edited by Durante
  • 2 months later...