kincade

[mod] (SJK) Beauty Scales Breasts

1 hour ago, kincade said:

One other option would be to include a decision you can trigger to modify the settings. That would let me display preview characters so you can see the effects in real time. But I don't know if people would be happy with me cluttering up the decisions window with something like that.

I'd definitely prefer decisions over game rules. I don't think you would have to 'clutter' the decisions. You could use a decision "Open Milky Settings" which on clicking opens all decisions available. Those could be closed again after having set up everything to your wishes using the decision "Close Milky Settings". The mod War Alerts - Customisable War Notifications does that to great effect. Maybe you want to take a look at that one?

A very minor gripe I have with your 'Milky'-mod is that it uses a modified vanilla 'female_body.asset'-file. Therefore it can't be used in conjunction with a mod like 'Simple Slits'. Do you plan to further modify the female body (i.e. make it more realistic)? ;) Please don't feel urged to focus your attention on parts of female physique you had no intention to alter with this mod. Just an observation from me...

Anyway, keep up the great work!

9 hours ago, luffyboy said:

After fiddling around with your mod, i was wondering whether the clothing scaling is at its maximum?

Would it be possible to add yet another layer of gene morph so that breast size for clothings match characters when they are nude and using the extra milky version?

You could repeat this process of adding additional copies of the blendshape attribute to assets and then scaling it up. Some meshes, like the arabian nobility outfits, would probably work fine with more scaling since the mesh is well suited for it. But other meshes like the western religious or northern religious outfits would start to "break" because the mesh topology doesn't work well with excessive breast scale. And other outfits like the steppe nobility and western crusader outfits have textures that get awfully streched out with more scaling.

I can come back and look at this again with a later version. For now I'm going to focus on fixing the sub-Saharan outfits and adding the customization options.

9 hours ago, hoover2701 said:

I'd definitely prefer decisions over game rules. I don't think you would have to 'clutter' the decisions. You could use a decision "Open Milky Settings" which on clicking opens all decisions available. Those could be closed again after having set up everything to your wishes using the decision "Close Milky Settings". The mod War Alerts - Customisable War Notifications does that to great effect. Maybe you want to take a look at that one?

On nice. I'll check out that mod.

9 hours ago, hoover2701 said:

IA very minor gripe I have with your 'Milky'-mod is that it uses a modified vanilla 'female_body.asset'-file. Therefore it can't be used in conjunction with a mod like 'Simple Slits'. Do you plan to further modify the female body (i.e. make it more realistic)? ;) Please don't feel urged to focus your attention on parts of female physique you had no intention to alter with this mod. Just an observation from me...

I haven't looked around to see what other mods people have made that modified that file yet. Should be pretty simple for me to bash together a merged version of my Milky changes with the ones from Simple Slits. I'll make an extra addon mod for the next version, and reach out to that mod author to see if I can just incorporate and credit their changes into the Milky mod.

57 minutes ago, kincade said:

You could repeat this process of adding additional copies of the blendshape attribute to assets and then scaling it up. Some meshes, like the arabian nobility outfits, would probably work fine with more scaling since the mesh is well suited for it. But other meshes like the western religious or northern religious outfits would start to "break" because the mesh topology doesn't work well with excessive breast scale. And other outfits like the steppe nobility and western crusader outfits have textures that get awfully streched out with more scaling.

I can come back and look at this again with a later version. For now I'm going to focus on fixing the sub-Saharan outfits and adding the customization options.

looking forward to that. i tried to add a new attribute on my own (including setting the blendshape) but it doesnt seem to work so ill patiently wait and hope you create an option for breast on clothes to match the nude breasts on milky versions.

Also would it be possible to set up the mod to play nice with carnalities?

carnalities has a file that morphs breasts into smaller/larger sizes based on whether a character has big/small tits,

its easy to replace the beauty trait to the tits traits from carnalities and while it mostly works i still find the occasional big breast level 1 character having bigger breast than the big breast level 2 character which is immersion breaking.

Im trying to make it such that any character with big breast level 1 have breast size within a certain range while characters with big breast level 2/3 take up a certain range too that do not overlap with each other.

20 minutes ago, luffyboy said:

Also would it be possible to set up the mod to play nice with carnalities?

carnalities has a file that morphs breasts into smaller/larger sizes based on whether a character has big/small tits,

its easy to replace the beauty trait to the tits traits from carnalities and while it mostly works i still find the occasional big breast level 1 character having bigger breast than the big breast level 2 character which is immersion breaking.

Im trying to make it such that any character with big breast level 1 have breast size within a certain range while characters with big breast level 2/3 take up a certain range too that do not overlap with each other.

That's the plan for the version after this. I'll be making a "mod resource" only version that defines the blendshapes and genes. That way other mods can define the portrait modifiers which determine how they get used. Then if I have time, I'll write a separate addon mod for Carnalitas that ties their breast traits to the genes. If that works out well maybe I can merge it into Carnalitas so you don't have to download and maintain both mods.

New version of the mod posted which makes a few changes.

First, I've split off all of the blendshape and gene changes into a standalone SJK - Breast Scale Resources mod. This way other mod authors can import these resources but rig them up to their own portrait modifiers. This should make it much easier to make your own mods that play with breast scales.

Second, I took @hoover2701 advice and made a custom Minor Decision that you can use to tweak the behavior of this mod. You can change who gets the boost to their breast size, and fine tune how big of a boost they should receive.

Third, I've added an additional blendshape to clothing so the larger breasts are more noticeable. This might cause issues with some outfits. Please let me know if you spot anything.

Next up I'll be writing a small mod to link the breast scales in this mod to Carnalitas. Then I'd like to see if I can merge in @WaffleIron's nude skin.

58 minutes ago, kincade said:

First, I've split off all of the blendshape and gene changes into a standalone SJK - Breast Scale Resources mod. This way other mod authors can import these resources but rig them up to their own portrait modifiers. This should make it much easier to make your own mods that play with breast scales.

Second, I took @hoover2701 advice and made a custom Minor Decision that you can use to tweak the behavior of this mod. You can change who gets the boost to their breast size, and fine tune how big of a boost they should receive.

Third, I've added an additional blendshape to clothing so the larger breasts are more noticeable. This might cause issues with some outfits. Please let me know if you spot anything.

Next up I'll be writing a small mod to link the breast scales in this mod to Carnalitas. Then I'd like to see if I can merge in @WaffleIron's nude skin.

:) Very nice! I'll have a look at the changes this evening. Looking forward to it!

2 hours ago, kincade said:

Yep, working on that next.

I've been using your mod with modified nude females mod, where I replaced some files in the Simple Slits to keep bushes down there from the mod Female Nude Body(female_body_diffuse.dds), as It was suggested by aerilyn. And I didn't have any problems ingame.

On 10/31/2020 at 10:30 AM, kincade said:

I have now had the time to play around with your mod. It's fantastic! The integrated decision is a very helpful tool and makes manual editing of the gene/bust size configs obsolete. A nice quality of life-improvement.

As I am not a big fan of tying the breast size to the beauty trait I have adopted your latest mod to my likings integrating it with Carnalitas in a very rudimentary way i.e. changing the beauty traits in your config files to the big tits traits of Carnalitas. To use the breast sizes applied by your mod I had to remove the breast sizes applied by Carnalitas in the 00_carn_tits.txt. I am not quite sure if everything I've done is correct but it now works like a charm so I suppose it can't be that wrong. :)

Furthermore I replaced your decision picture with one that better suits my tastes and better fits the immersive naming of Carnalita's tits traits. Finally I changed the localization texts to better apply to breast sizes now being tied to the big tits traits of Carnalitas... Now I am a happy pervert CK3-player! ;)

Thank you once again for your work! This is all coming together nicely. 

Here are some screens of my version: 

breast01.thumb.jpg.ca0951e7c48cc1ade9518637a645cd54.jpg

breast02.jpg.6a369171eb8441943501fe35e9200e61.jpg

breast03.jpg.b22fc7ebd25129eb0bd4e54c16ef7cbc.jpg

1 hour ago, hoover2701 said:

I have now had the time to play around with your mod. It's fantastic! The integrated decision is a very helpful tool and makes manual editing of the gene/bust size configs obsolete. A nice quality of life-improvement.

As I am not a big fan of tying the breast size to the beauty trait I have adopted your latest mod to my likings integrating it with Carnalitas in a very rudimentary way i.e. changing the beauty traits in your config files to the big tits traits of Carnalitas. To use the breast sizes applied by your mod I had to remove the breast sizes applied by Carnalitas in the 00_carn_tits.txt. I am not quite sure if everything I've done is correct but it now works like a charm so I suppose it can't be that wrong. :)

Furthermore I replaced your decision picture with one that better suits my tastes and better fits the immersive naming of Carnalita's tits traits. Finally I changed the localization texts to better apply to breast sizes now being tied to the big tits traits of Carnalitas... Now I am a happy pervert CK3-player! ;)

Thank you once again for your work! This is all coming together nicely. 

Here are some screens of my version: 

breast01.thumb.jpg.ca0951e7c48cc1ade9518637a645cd54.jpg

breast02.jpg.6a369171eb8441943501fe35e9200e61.jpg

breast03.jpg.b22fc7ebd25129eb0bd4e54c16ef7cbc.jpg

Could you please share the modified files?

That looks pretty neat, @hoover2701! You should post it here so other players can use it too!

So I spent the day looking into how Simple Slits works and how I can integrate it into this mod. And I think I'm going to try a different approach. The new plan is a separate mod that adds vagina textures and pubic hair textures that you can assign via genes. I'll probably start with one texture for each just to get the system up and running. And if some 2d artists are willing to help, we can round it out with a couple variations.

There's no easy way to assign these genes right now. You'll have to use the Portrait Editor and save game hacking to get a custom appearance. But I think we could add some nice variations to other characters you'll encounter during the game.

4 hours ago, Pushok said:

Could you please share the modified files?

Here's the zip-file. I have renamed the original mod by Kincade to 'BreastSizeScalesBreasts' in order to make it easier to install this alongside the original mod. I hope that's fine with you @kincade. So simply place the 'BreastSizeScalesBreasts'-folder and the 'BreastSizeScalesBreasts'-modfile in your mod folder. Then replace the file '00_carn_tits.txt' in the Carnalitas-mod folder (Path: ...\mod\Carnalitas\gfx\portraits\portrait_modifiers). That's it. Then activate the mods in the launcher. Don't forget Kincade's 'sjkBreastScales'-mod. Hmm, i hope everything works out fine...

BreastSizeScalesBreasts.zip

2 hours ago, kincade said:

That looks pretty neat, @hoover2701! You should post it here so other players can use it too!

So I spent the day looking into how Simple Slits works and how I can integrate it into this mod. And I think I'm going to try a different approach. The new plan is a separate mod that adds vagina textures and pubic hair textures that you can assign via genes. I'll probably start with one texture for each just to get the system up and running. And if some 2d artists are willing to help, we can round it out with a couple variations.

There's no easy way to assign these genes right now. You'll have to use the Portrait Editor and save game hacking to get a custom appearance. But I think we could add some nice variations to other characters you'll encounter during the game.

Thanks. File is posted. I hope you don't mind me using your complete mod (which I modified) for simplicity reasons... Your plans concerning the alternative approach to 'Simple Slits" sounds great. Looking forward to it! :)

Make sure you have both the Resource mod and the Beauty Scales Breasts mod enabled from the launcher. You need to enable it within the launcher after you have installed it.

If you are still having issues, try disabling any other mods and running just this one. That will tell you if there is a conflict we need to resolve.

Is it possible to set this mod to randomly increase bust sizes instead of having it based on the beauty traits? Or did I not understand what this mod does properly? I didn't test it all that much, but it is certainly more advanced than the steam competition which doesn't and won't have outfits breasts scaling. Lot's of work for sure, but such a shame...

5 hours ago, Anon1517 said:

Is it possible to set this mod to randomly increase bust sizes instead of having it based on the beauty traits? Or did I not understand what this mod does properly? I didn't test it all that much, but it is certainly more advanced than the steam competition which doesn't and won't have outfits breasts scaling. Lot's of work for sure, but such a shame...

You can add a fixed amount of scaling to all characters. Open the settings decision and change the trigger to be "All Characters". You can then adjust how much of a size boost all characters get with the second option.

These changes get applied immediately. You can select characters from the map and see how their breast size changes as you make choices.

Unfortunately this is a result of pushing the existing blendshapes past their intended limit. Try lowering the bonus scale amount to give the breasts a more realistic look.

Once I wrap up my current project, I'll circle back to this mod and try to tweak the blendshapes myself so that some bust types have more natural, hanging breasts.

I must say Kincade, this is outstanding work. Bravo! I wonder if making breasts larger is even possible within the confines of CK3's blendshapes. Bigger is always better. Sharkey, this works with the newest version of CK3 for me, so maybe you have a mod conflict.

I am trying to integrate the mod into my base game so that all women can naturally range in breast size from flatchested to your maximum, but I have been unsuccessful. Can anyone offer assistance? I also have been having difficulty making a religion which causes women to get larger breasts when they convert to it. I don't think I can just add a modifier to a holy site or something so simple.

I found that I could give all women the maximum vanilla breast sizes by changing the values in 01_genes_morph so that the minumum values were set to -1 = -1 and the maximum values were set to 1 = 1. For example: "bs_body_breast_size_min" value = { min = -1.0 max = -1.0 }

I was not able to make the breasts even larger by merely changing the maximum values from 1 to 2 (or any other larger number). Presumably this is a restriction of the vanilla blendshapes.