On 11/23/2023 at 12:49 AM, sen4mi said:

Today, I encountered a Mr. Handy Wrecker chopping up a captive in the Nahant Sheriff's Department.

The other rust devils were ignoring the whole situation.

I've seen something like that before too but only if I am also assigned to the local group, (like via alternatte start or maybe raiders pet) then after a while the raiders attack their own captive girls.

I think it happens if I do  a fast start and start as part of group in a raider location.

Then local girls they keep as sex slaves get attacked by them.

But I am unsure if it was actually Commonwealth captives girls, or from another mod. It may have been girls from a different mod they were holding.

8 hours ago, katrina.balanchuk said:

I've seen something like that before too but only if I am also assigned to the local group, (like via alternatte start or maybe raiders pet) then after a while the raiders attack their own captive girls.

I think it happens if I do  a fast start and start as part of group in a raider location.

Then local girls they keep as sex slaves get attacked by them.

But I am unsure if it was actually Commonwealth captives girls, or from another mod. It may have been girls from a different mod they were holding.

It might be npcs from another mod picked up by this mod. I can look for that the next time it happens.

(And... I do usually play an alternate start but I do not like playing with raiders being friendly.)

(Also: I have seen gunners attack a captive in HalluciGen. Which fits the situation, but I wonder how they got a captive there.)

Edited by sen4mi
Just now, THATTHINGGUYTHING said:

i know how to mod with vortex more or less but how do i add loverslab mods to vortex or to fallout? its not the same as nexus mods i think

Make a folder for LL mods. Even sub folders for like animations, clothing, etc...would be good

Then... it's exactly like downloading Nexus mods manually.

Download the mod into said folder, then drag & drop it into Vortex....do the Vortex sacrifice..aka install it.... play

Odd issues today, though I do not know how much they are under the control of this mod, it was with this mod's npcs:

(1) the ai combat package brought settler into melee range of fight with deathclaw. Settler wound up dead. Maybe it was the deathclaw, maybe it was me (i was using rank 4 big leagues). But the settler had a sniper rifle and should not have been in melee range during combat. (Big leagues has been an ongoing problem for me with this mod.)

(2) told a settler to just get out of here, and a moment after doing so, Ness showed up and got into a fight with that settler. (Ness is odd, faction-wise, I guess...)

5 hours ago, sen4mi said:

But the settler had a sniper rifle and should not have been in melee range during combat.

It's Fallout 4.. this happens with all ranged NPC's.

IF there's enough dead bodies to loot, with good weapons, during a fight, they will end up with both ranged and melee weapons. But generally, the conditions are not right.

But I've also watched a melee NPC that couldn't reach me, stand next to several dead ranged NPC's and not grab a boom stick.

Again... it's Fallout. LOL

possibility a bug... yesterday during "Defend USS Constitution" question, I notice NPC from Commonwealth Captive will spawn into the ship during that quest and those NPC will disappear the moment the fight stops and the quest completed.

it's not a big bug but it would be nice for immersion.

7 hours ago, vaultbait said:

But did they have any ammo for that rifle?

Yes.

Well, for one of them ... (the settler had a 50 cal and a 308, and I remember taking ammo for one of them off his body).

3 hours ago, calvin_0 said:

possibility a bug... yesterday during "Defend USS Constitution" question, I notice NPC from Commonwealth Captive will spawn into the ship during that quest and those NPC will disappear the moment the fight stops and the quest completed.

it's not a big bug but it would be nice for immersion.

Yes... captives vanish on cell change. It would be nice if they would persist longer than that.

Maybe the supermutants eating their captives would account for some of this but... robots? 

Edited by sen4mi

I've seen something similar with the captives appearing when raiders/super mutants are attacking my settlements, i.e. when vault 88 got attacked by its front door raiders spawned a captive along with them and then when super mutants attacked the nuka ride red rocket they brought two captives tied to crosses along with them

Didn't mind in either case as it was free settlers once i'd defeated the attack but should commonwealth captives be triggered captives on settlement attacks? assume it has to do with the number of hostile NPC's that the game spawns in causes it to trigger

Edited by pinky6225
52 minutes ago, Dumbass27 said:

im new to installing mods through here and i keep getting an error when it comes to activating the mod through MCM saying that its missing the esp file, where do i put it?

What mod manager are you using? If it's Vortex, you just drag the whole mod from your Downloads folder to the "Drop File(s)" target at the bottom of Vortex's Mods panel. Other mod managers likely have a similar means of installing a mod from a local file.

2 hours ago, deff_lv said:

Is there a way to remove X crosses form settlement? I mean I saved captives in Hangmans alley, there are two X crosses. Scrap everything is not working on them. 

The should despawn when you leave the area. But if you're in some kind of forking hurry.. use the console command
disable

To get rid of them. No need for markfordelete as they will still be cleaned up when you leave the area.

2 hours ago, deff_lv said:

Is there a way to remove X crosses form settlement? I mean I saved captives in Hangmans alley, there are two X crosses. Scrap everything is not working on them. 

Go somewhere else and sleep for a while, then come back? Those items are supposed to be non-persistent, so they shouldn't reappear if the cell's 3D rendering unloads.

4 hours ago, Rimworld Traveller said:

Amazing mod. 

Is there a good way to enslave a captive with Human Resources?  

Check HR description, you should find a mod that lets you enslave NPCs pacifically (without a fight).

Does anybody know how to solve this issue?

no new mods added, it just happens after playing for a while and means can no longer rescue anyone. So far it’s happened on 3 play throughs.

thanks for any help and if the mod creator is still around thank you for the work.  

6DEF7972-4078-45D1-B4CA-290B9623F604.jpeg

4 minutes ago, DAVE YZF said:

no new mods added, it just happens after playing for a while and means can no longer rescue anyone. So far it’s happened on 3 play throughs.

thanks for any help and if the mod creator is still around thank you for the work.

There is a global value in CC to indicate whether you should get those prompts instead of the normal rescue options, so perhaps you're using another mod that sets it for some reason? Also I think you'll get those options if your hands are bound (which doesn't appear to be the case).

10 minutes ago, DAVE YZF said:

That can also happen by using console commands to remove Devious Devices restraints. Since cc don't terminate the scripts attached to the restraints.

But, yeah, something has your PC tagged as restrained.

Haven't looked at the scripts, but try this and see IF it changes the dialogue. Might not! sooo don't get ya hopes up! ;)

player.cf "actor.RemoveKeyword" "EBCC_RestraintsKeyword"

You can copy & paste that command.

18 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

That can also happen by using console commands to remove Devious Devices restraints. Since cc don't terminate the scripts attached to the restraints.

But, yeah, something has your PC tagged as restrained.

Haven't looked at the scripts, but try this and see IF it changes the dialogue. Might not! sooo don't get ya hopes up! ;)

player.cf "actor.RemoveKeyword" "EBCC_RestraintsKeyword"

You can copy & paste that command.

Ill give it a try thanks for the help.

1 hour ago, DAVE YZF said:

Ill give it a try thanks for the help.

Check whether entering getglobalvalue ebcc_playerisenslaved at the console returns 1.0, and if it does then run set ebcc_playerisenslaved to 0 to turn it off.

3 hours ago, lee3310 said:

Check HR description, you should find a mod that lets you enslave NPCs pacifically (without a fight).

Well I have Violate (also awesome mod).  The other thing it mentions is the Knockout Framework but says "Knockout Framework  (NOT Recommended!, causes crashes and glitches...).  

I have a captive that committed a murder on our walk back to base (she killed a surrendered raider right in front of me).  She's going to get enslaved as punishment.  I tried putting handcuffs and a shock collar on then letting her free and attacking hoping Violate would cause her to surrender but she didn't.  Just sat down and got beaten to death 1HP at a time by HR's enslaving baton.