1 hour ago, injess said:

help me  please 

[023]***AAF SYSTEM CRASH***

[024]This file has bad formatting and could not be parsed:EBCC_protectedEquipmentData.xml

how can i do?

H

Update AAF to the latest version. 171

2 hours ago, injess said:

[024]This file has bad formatting and could not be parsed:EBCC_protectedEquipmentData.xml

That file is in a format that old versions of AAF cannot understand.  So you are getting that error because you have an outdated version of AAF installed.

I recommend that you update to the latest version of AAF.  But you can instead install the file attached to this message, which will work with old versions of AAF.

EBCC ProtectedEquipmentData Old AAF.7z

9 hours ago, injess said:

Did you alter that file in any way? Try reinstalling (or redownloading) the mod to make sure that file isn't corrupt. Also make sure you're using a current version of AAF (171 is the latest public version at the moment), and that you don't have any other mods patching that file.

Edit: Oops, I didn't realize I wasn't looking at the last page in this topic, but seems like everyone else basically gave the same advice.

Edited by vaultbait

Hi, i also installed a mod name Nanakochan NPC Replacer that would replace any female NPC to the Anime Race, but the NPCs from Commonwealth Captives are not. Is there anyway can i change those NPCs's Race?
Thank you so much for the Awesome mod 😆

31 minutes ago, 4nln415 said:

is there a way to make these captives killable by enemies. Kinda like to use them as cheap cannon fodder followers. 

In  Scripts\Source\User\EBCCEBCC_CaptiveManager.psc around line 188 you'll find the code that adds the protected flag to them. Remark it out with a semicolon ; like so.

; akCaptive.SetProtected(true)

Or you can change to to false.

akCaptive.SetProtected(false)

Not a code monkey but 99.7% sure either will work, with the last one removing the flag IF they happen to be already marked. I'd go with the latter option.

And then recompile the script.

Note this only effects newly spawned captives.

Edited by izzyknows

And I want to know how to prevent them from being killed by me, they always suddenly run between me and the target in battle.🙃
Although this is more immersive. But after rescuing them, I also spent more time dressing them up and giving them weapons and ammunition.

8 hours ago, kziitd said:

And I want to know how to prevent them from being killed by me, they always suddenly run between me and the target in battle.🙃
Although this is more immersive. But after rescuing them, I also spent more time dressing them up and giving them weapons and ammunition.

Same edit but use:

akCaptive.SetEssential(true)

Even then there's a chance that you can kill them when they are restrained with KFT. Rather rare, but can happen. Basically a game glitch when they do die.

Edited by izzyknows

I'm running into an issue with the mod. when i first started my save, everything worked perfectly but now every time I try to rescue a captive, they only say not now, someone might hear you. Even when I clear the area of enemies, i still get stuck with that dialogue. I haven't added any new mods so I don't think there's a conflict anywhere.

2 hours ago, nxghost said:

I'm running into an issue with the mod. when i first started my save, everything worked perfectly but now every time I try to rescue a captive, they only say not now, someone might hear you. Even when I clear the area of enemies, i still get stuck with that dialogue. I haven't added any new mods so I don't think there's a conflict anywhere.

That's comes from Commonwealth Slavers. As long as you're a slave you cannot rescue Captives. And they tell you to go away instead of asking for help.

With Commonwealth Captives, If you're wearing restraints, you'll get them asking to be rescued, like normal, but you can only reply that you can't.

Well, Commonwealth Slavers is one of the mods which temporarily sets the toggle to tell CC not to let you free captives, but it's not the only one. Still, it's the most likely cause. There's also the chance that two different mods conflicted over setting/unsetting that, and it ended up stuck permanently on as a result. It's too bad the game doesn't let you define custom InputLayer types, because that would make it possible for multiple mods to temporarily block a feature in a conflict-free manner.

New Version 1.10 Uploaded

• Added MCM option for making settlers Protected/Essential/No Protection.
  • Added support for devices placed by third-party mods such as Up To No Good. If enabled, CC will first scan for existing devices and will place Captives on those devices instead of on new devices. Once all the existing devices have been used, CC will place its own devices as in previous versions.
  • Made the CaptiveFriendFaction an Ally of Raiders so that Frenzied raiders won't attack them.
12 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

• Added support for devices placed by third-party mods such as Up To No Good. If enabled, CC will first scan for existing devices and will place Captives on those devices instead of on new devices. Once all the existing devices have been used, CC will place its own devices as in previous versions.

I am guessing this will interact badly with a mod like Commonwealth slavers that add crosses that are meant to be used for the player in certain scenes?

15 minutes ago, Kashked said:

I am guessing this will interact badly with a mod like Commonwealth slavers that add crosses that are meant to be used for the player in certain scenes?

I am not sure, TBH.  I made the feature configurable in MCM for just such a possibility - you can simply turn it off if it causes problems.

1 minute ago, EgoBallistic said:

I am not sure, TBH.  I made the feature configurable in MCM for just such a possibility - you can simply turn it off if it causes problems.

When you turn them off, do you need to reload the cell for it to take effects or is it instantaneous?

4 minutes ago, Kashked said:

When you turn them off, do you need to reload the cell for it to take effects or is it instantaneous?

Turning it off will just prevent CC from looking for existing devices when the cell loads.  It won't have any effect on captives that were already spawned.

12 minutes ago, bholt917 said:

I tried to download the updated version. but windows defender prevented it stating that it detected a virus.

It didn't complain for me a few minutes ago when I downloaded it, but you should be able to go into your notifications and tell it to restore the file from quarantine if redownloading it doesn't work. Note that Windows Defender is notoriously terrible at misclassifying downloads of niche thins like this, you might consider coupling or replacing it with something else.

Edited by vaultbait
18 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

It didn't complain for me a few minutes ago when I downloaded it, but you should be able to go into your notifications and tell it to restore the file from quarantine if redownloading it doesn't work. Note that Windows Defender is notoriously terrible at misclassifying downloads of niche thins like this, you might consider coupling or replacing it with something else.

Windows defender listed it as a severe threat.  If necessary, I will just turn off windows defender for long enough to download and install the file if restoring it from quarantine does not work.  Thanks for letting me know that there is nothing wrong with the file.

is there a way for captives to spawn with custom hair (aka. Commonwealth Cuts, misc hairstyles) or an update or patch planned to add more hairstyle diversity for captives? sometimes they have those ugly vanilla haircuts

14 hours ago, Elllollos said:

is there a way for captives to spawn with custom hair (aka. Commonwealth Cuts, misc hairstyles) or an update or patch planned to add more hairstyle diversity for captives? sometimes they have those ugly vanilla haircuts

If you haven't tried it already:

It doesn't add additional hairstyles, but does add a lot of customized captives for additional variety.

21 minutes ago, Bigglsby said:

If you haven't tried it already:

It doesn't add additional hairstyles, but does add a lot of customized captives for additional variety.

This makes your captives unique (names and faces) and also makes them super hot if you download the requirements.