10 hours ago, Oldwolf58 said:

I don't think that would work, since the moment you added them to the other faction the base game would flag them as hostile to the player faction and they'd attack.

So if I'm with the BOS, and I see a captive raider they will be hostile towards me once I free them? Is there not a way to make the captives non hostile like settlers?

47 minutes ago, Cookiemonsta234 said:

So if I'm with the BOS, and I see a captive raider they will be hostile towards me once I free them? Is there not a way to make the captives non hostile like settlers?

If you find a captive it doesn't matter what they are dressed as or named, if they are already a captive then they're in the captive faction. Release them and they'll just leave like any settler captive would. It's only if you try to take them out of the captive faction and put them into another faction that is hostile to the PC that they would instantly become hostile and attack.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, xyzxyz said:

Preston as follower loves freeing girls. But I never get any new relationship stage event. I freed like 20 in a row and he loved that but no new dialogue showed up.

Before and after each one, check the value returned by the getav ca_affinity command in the console after selecting him with the cursor. That way you can see whether it's actually advancing. Companion events occur at specific thresholds (which are easily found through a web search if you need to know what Preston's are).

Quick question when releasing captives.

I've noticed once or twice that they turn hostile (I assume they may have got caught in crossfire) is there any way to pacify them without having to kill them?

I tried shooting one (which hadn't been hit) after the conflict with Raiders as a test and oddly she didn't turn hostile, so I assume a hostile flag only gets set if they are hit in combat

8 minutes ago, Slorm said:

I assume a hostile flag only gets set if they are hit in combat

And before being rescued. I've blasted them point blank when one pops around a corner unexpectedly without aggroing them.

With the latest version I haven't had it happen... yet.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, RustyEdges said:

Is there a way they can be mortal/killable? Playing this on survival and would like to have more of a challenge.

You could create a plugin which removes the protected flag on the actors from this mod's plugin. Alternatively, when you rescue them you could probably use the setprotected console command to remove the flag from them (not sure, I haven't tested this, but worth a try if you don't have a good handle on FO4Edit or the CK).

12 hours ago, RustyEdges said:

I tried making them unprotected in CK and fo4edit, but I have 0 skill with that. Even after unchecking their "protected" boxes they still don't die in combat. Also no luck with setprotected either. Thank you though

I think patching the plugin is only going to work for new captives you come across, not any you've already got following you. Are the unkillable captives ones which were spawned before you patched it?

Having a peculiar issue where my game randomly stopped spawning captives. I was wondering, if I currently have a rescued captive following me, would that prevent the mod from generating any new captives? Otherwise I'm not sure what else could be causing it, as I have the mod enabled in MCM and my current rescued captives are still functioning correctly ?‍♂️

7 hours ago, Slapy7 said:

I was wondering, if I currently have a rescued captive following me, would that prevent the mod from generating any new captives?

It shouldn't, I wander around all the time with freed captives in tow and find more in random enemy encampments. Maybe you're just suffering from an unlucky streak with the game's random number generator? Try increasing chances in the MCM to see if it makes any difference, or check your Papyrus log for obvious errors related to this mod.

On 12/11/2022 at 5:41 AM, vaultbait said:

I think patching the plugin is only going to work for new captives you come across, not any you've already got following you. Are the unkillable captives ones which were spawned before you patched it?

No, I even tried it on a save that did not have CC installed. Not sure why they are immortal still. Any ideas?

11 minutes ago, RustyEdges said:

No, I even tried it on a save that did not have CC installed. Not sure why they are immortal still. Any ideas?

Just to be clear, you have a plugin which overrides all 138 NPC entries to switch their Protected flag value from 1 to 0?

44 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Just to be clear, you have a plugin which overrides all 138 NPC entries to switch their Protected flag value from 1 to 0?

I edited the original ESP and saved it, do I need to make a plugin for it to work properly? Also yes, I went and manually unchecked each NPC's protected flag.

5 minutes ago, RustyEdges said:

I edited the original ESP and saved it, do I need to make a plugin for it to work properly? Also yes, I went and manually unchecked each NPC's protected flag.

No, editing the original plugin would in theory have the same effect as creating your own that used it as a master and adjusted all the NPC records. In that case, I'm stumped, unless there's additional protection happening through some scripted means I'm not aware of.

2 hours ago, RustyEdges said:

You need to edit and compile Scripts\Source\User\EBCC\EBCC_CaptiveManager.psc

Around line 181 look for:

akCaptive.SetProtected(true)

and change it to false.

akCaptive.SetProtected(false)

To compile it,

Open the CK (no need to load a mod)

Click on Gameplay>Papyrus Script Manager

In the filter (top box) type ebcc_

Find the EBCC_CaptiveManager and right click> Compile.

Exit the CK and play the game.

5 hours ago, izzyknows said:

You need to edit and compile Scripts\Source\User\EBCC\EBCC_CaptiveManager.psc

Around line 181 look for:

akCaptive.SetProtected(true)

and change it to false.

akCaptive.SetProtected(false)

To compile it,

Open the CK (no need to load a mod)

Click on Gameplay>Papyrus Script Manager

In the filter (top box) type ebcc_

Find the EBCC_CaptiveManager and right click> Compile.

Exit the CK and play the game.

You are amazing. Thank you so much.