16 hours ago, Fiona159 said:

Hi.Today I was in Far Harbor and freed a captive there.But the captive is silent.Is it just me?

I short, u have mainland NPC on the Island.
If he /she does not talk... well u can pretend that captive is mute.
But imagine u find knee deep in the water a female... pretty as a picture... but if she opens her mouth... you will hear really low male voice talking something about fog. Yeah.

Yet, take look here:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/154476-commonwealth-captives/?do=findComment&comment=3796257

maybe you can assign to him/her a new voice :)

Neat trick, thx  to Morgenrot_68

19 hours ago, Raisakas said:

I short, u have mainland NPC on the Island.
If he /she does not talk... well u can pretend that captive is mute.
But imagine u find knee deep in the water a female... pretty as a picture... but if she opens her mouth... you will hear really low male voice talking something about fog. Yeah.

Yet, take look here:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/154476-commonwealth-captives/?do=findComment&comment=3796257

maybe you can assign to him/her a new voice :)

Neat trick, thx  to Morgenrot_68

I saw your post and tried the commands-they don't work for me.I don't care that captives don't talk when you rescue them...the problem is that they don't talk afterwards when they become settlers.

so i've been looking through this thread, haven't found anyone with my issue, i've been runnin CC in my load order for multiple playtrhrough so far, love the mod, works like i want to, but heres the thing, in every one of my playthrough at a certain point, CC stop working, i got no more captives spawn, mod is active, mcm detects it, i use MO2 everything is checked, no matter what i do captives wont spawn... In another playthrough, the only way i found to fix it was to uninstall/delete the mod then redownload and reinstall the mod, wich was fine for me since i never recruited the captives as settlers, but in my latest game, i'd like to keep the captives i already made settlers.  Is there any solution that will allow me to keep that save game and fix it, or should i just clean reinstall again?  Btw thx ego, awesome mod

EDIT : Nevermind, i've finally manage to pinpoint my issue, it was MO2 related, now i can resume my gameplay and fully enjoy this mod again

Edited by erynyes

I found a problem with the absence of voices among the settlers in Far Harbor in my case.I use the Better Settlers mod, in which the author assigned different types of voices, but there is only one type of voice in the Far Harbor DLC-FemaleEvenToned.Accordingly, the developer did not register sound files for other types of voices (or something like that).The patch Better Settlers - Far Harbor Settlers silent or strange voices fix helped.

P.S. I've never seen this problem before, since all the settlers were appointed from the Commonwealth.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, someguy64461 said:

Is the an option to enslave the captives yourself? Tell them you'll set them free but your the new boss?

Tell them to come work on a settlement. Once they get there, dress them up however you like and assign them menial tasks. What's your definition of  a slave if not that? ?

• 3 weeks later...

Obscure issue I found:

If you're using a mod that adds settlements, the "work for me" option will not show up unless you own at least one vanilla settlement.  If you do, all owned settlements show up as options to send the settler to, so that's working fine.

It's only an issue if you're using an alternate start mod and can't easily claim the Red Rocket as a settlement, so it's not something that really needs fixing, just thought I'd let anyone else having the issue with "work for me" not showing up know.

2 hours ago, LooksKeen said:

Obscure issue I found:

If you're using a mod that adds settlements, the "work for me" option will not show up unless you own at least one vanilla settlement.  If you do, all owned settlements show up as options to send the settler to, so that's working fine.

It's only an issue if you're using an alternate start mod and can't easily claim the Red Rocket as a settlement, so it's not something that really needs fixing, just thought I'd let anyone else having the issue with "work for me" not showing up know.

That's a bug in the settlement mod.  The "Work for me" dialogue is conditioned on the WorkshopParent.PlayerOwnsAWorkshop variable which is part of the workshop system scripts.  It should be set to true the first time the player acquires a workshop.  This is the same condition the vanilla game uses to decide whether you can dismiss a companion to a settlement.

I am guessing the workshop mod is directly manipulating the workshop system lists, rather than using the vanilla workshop script functions, and they forgot to set that variable.

14 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

That's a bug in the settlement mod.  The "Work for me" dialogue is conditioned on the WorkshopParent.PlayerOwnsAWorkshop variable which is part of the workshop system scripts.  It should be set to true the first time the player acquires a workshop.  This is the same condition the vanilla game uses to decide whether you can dismiss a companion to a settlement.

I am guessing the workshop mod is directly manipulating the workshop system lists, rather than using the vanilla workshop script functions, and they forgot to set that variable.

Ah, good to know.

And just let me thank you for being so active with helping people on here.  You rock!

Hi! This is my first post on LL and I wanted to use it to extend my gratitude to the creator of this mod and many other users in this thread who posted helpful guides and tips about things like xEdit and Face Ripper. This mod in combination with BodyGen and customised appearances for the settlers is simply incredible. So polished and well made, it feels like a vanilla feature and provides so much needed life to the settlement aspects of the game. Thanks everyone!

On 10/8/2020 at 2:31 PM, izzyknows said:

If it was something like Deathclaws, Rad Scorpions or a Mirelurk queen.. they don't give a mole rats arse what faction anyone's in, it's lunch time! LOL

I was reading through some older posts here and wanted to add.. "Militia Survivors" will attack the Captives. I ran upon one that was taking pot shots at the settler. Almost like he was doing it for fun. I do have "Raider Gangs Extended" mod though as well, it's possible those 'Militia Survivors' are a part of that and the settler was just in the area with the standard raiders faction. 

Also want to add - this mod is a huge game changer for me. No more can I just head to a raider or super mutant camp and Mini-Nuke the lot of them or rain grenades on them as I don't want to 'collateral damage' the settlers. It makes the game a lot more immersive. So running into a nest of Ghouls or Robots ends up being more fun as you can unleash the big stuff with impunity!

When you run into settlers and such in the vanilla game there is no such option to offer them a place to go in one of the settlements you are building. That to me, seems silly that there's no option to 'invite them' to help out. Particularly when the beacons don't really make a lot of sense in terms of attracting lost and alone settlers. I mean - where's their pip-boy to pick up the signal or are they busy scanning the radio dial all the time instead of growing food? 

Awesome mod, thanks so much. It's in my top 10 list for sure. :)

1 hour ago, Overcast451 said:

When you run into settlers and such in the vanilla game there is no such option to offer them a place to go in one of the settlements you are building. That to me, seems silly that there's no option to 'invite them' to help out.

Check Nexus, but I know I've seen plenty that turn the unique random encounters into recruitable settlers, so someone's probably made something to do that for vanilla "settler" randos too.

• 1 month later...

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but if I have a regular companion like Danse and some rescued ones, and speak to the rescued ones after the fight, they can work for me in a settlement, and send them to a settlement by my choice , the main companion is sometimes mute for some time .. when heather casdin is there she is also sometimes mute for some time , i like this mod a lot because you always have some fighters with you , and if you have crime and punishmet installed (survival mode) this is very helpful, give them good weapons and armor and die less......another bug i noticed is that male rescues sometimes have female voices, but that's probably just bad produced synths....lol a mod conflict can of course not be ruled out

3 hours ago, LarryJD8822 said:

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but if I have a regular companion like Danse and some rescued ones, and speak to the rescued ones after the fight, they can work for me in a settlement, and send them to a settlement by my choice , the main companion is sometimes mute for some time .. when heather casdin is there she is also sometimes mute for some time , i like this mod a lot because you always have some fighters with you , and if you have crime and punishmet installed (survival mode) this is very helpful, give them good weapons and armor and die less......another bug i noticed is that male rescues sometimes have female voices, but that's probably just bad produced synths....lol a mod conflict can of course not be ruled out

Well, all of the male captive / settlers have male voices, there is no doubt about that.  It's possible another mod is changing their voice, but there are so many ways to do that I couldn't even begin to guess what mod it might be. 

Likewise I've never heard about the mute followers issue.  However, if you walk out of a dialogue scene it can sometimes be impossible to talk to a follower until you complete another dialogue scene.  That often happens when you are in a settlement and a new settler walks up to you with the "I'm new here..." dialogue and you don't answer them.

Humble request to add a condition to the dialogs, so that any other mod can block captives asking for help without resorting to a patch. 

Any global here with zero value would work fine. (Or whatever you see fit, like a keyword). 

1.png.bffe137e8f220584e037a089a387684c.png

Basically if the PC is clearly enslaved they (the captives) shouldn't be asking you for help. If you don't see fit I can just make a patch and that's it. 

Edited by JB.
On 9/26/2022 at 11:57 PM, EgoBallistic said:

Well, all of the male captive / settlers have male voices, there is no doubt about that.  It's possible another mod is changing their voice, but there are so many ways to do that I couldn't even begin to guess what mod it might be. 

Likewise I've never heard about the mute followers issue.  However, if you walk out of a dialogue scene it can sometimes be impossible to talk to a follower until you complete another dialogue scene.  That often happens when you are in a settlement and a new settler walks up to you with the "I'm new here..." dialogue and you don't answer them.

yes you are right, it was my own mistake when i added some female templates to the levlist, after your update to .98 i found them, male templates slipped in between...

4 hours ago, JB. said:

Humble request to add a condition to the dialogs, so that any other mod can block captives asking for help without resorting to a patch. 

No problem, that's a quick thing to add.

Note also that in the current version, the player cannot free captives if the player's hands are bound with real handcuffs or devious devices or the framework I'm working on.  The captives will still ask for help, but the positive responses that allow the player to free the captive are replaced with "I can't help you".

Edited by EgoBallistic
edit for clarity