Queen Bee

I'm going to not look at this thread until I beat the game due to possible spoilers. I haven't played far, but god it's amazing. So much to look at and explore! So different from the other Bioshocks!

Ditto...haven't gotten far (waiting for RMA)but....I think this could...poooossibly be one of the greatest games ever. The way Elizabeth navigates/interacts with the environment early on is just amazing. I was getting the feeling it didn't feel like a typical video game.

Hmm so it looks like mixed bag.

Some people say it's awesome say it's good but could been better.

I didn't enjoyed it as i wished for. as a personal score, i would give it a 7/10

im pretty sure most people will not agree with me, but i played and replayed bioshock 1 and 2 many times and this is not at the same level. the game becomes boring after a while and its too easy. fighting the same enemies over and over again got tedious and the vigors (lamest name in the series) aren't as cool as i thought. also, many cinematics and escenes showed on the trailers aren't included, wich became a merchandize lie for me.

i should waited till this game got a discount, wich i recommend to anyone willing to play it.

Indeed, for me it feels like game concept changed in process. First few hours are total different than rest of the game.

[spoiler=Major Fucking Spoilers]that's because the first few hours of the game are a lie, booker is creating fake memories to fill in the blanks from his planar displacement and the people of Colombia are suffering from displacement sickness, even in early levels you can find tears and some of the songs the quartet are singing are very out of place for 1912

the real shit hits the fan when you enter the first tear looking for chen lin, think of all the people dead, those are the same people who are alive at the beginning

Hell even the game admits that Fink has been creating his tech by watching tears, he probably got the idea for his vigors from the ones showing rapture

in the end your choices don't matter, they shouldn't really that is a problem i have had with some moral choices in the games is that it boils down to what rewards you will get and it becomes less about right/wrong and more about reward

moral of this story, don't fuck with the fabric of space-time. What is, is, what is, will be,what is, is not

this was a preorder well spent, definitely a game i say you should play, just remember to pay attention

If there is no choice then I don't see the point of playing, linear game play was good for 98s. Difference between books/movies and games is that, in games you can influence the story. BS2 was progressive game, Infinity is a regress.

When you chose bird as pedant they say that the are surprised about your choice

not every game has to have 24 endings determined by arbitrary choices, no matter what in the end the hero must give up the boon and return to the mundane

hell, of the major games modded here only one even has multiple endings that actually are different

Hmm so it looks like mixed bag.

Some people say it's awesome say it's good but could been better.

I didn't enjoyed it as i wished for. as a personal score, i would give it a 7/10

im pretty sure most people will not agree with me, but i played and replayed bioshock 1 and 2 many times and this is not at the same level. the game becomes boring after a while and its too easy. fighting the same enemies over and over again got tedious and the vigors (lamest name in the series) aren't as cool as i thought. also, many cinematics and escenes showed on the trailers aren't included, wich became a merchandize lie for me.

i should waited till this game got a discount, wich i recommend to anyone willing to play it.

Indeed, for me it feels like game concept changed in process. First few hours are total different than rest of the game.

[spoiler=Major Fucking Spoilers]that's because the first few hours of the game are a lie, booker is creating fake memories to fill in the blanks from his planar displacement and the people of Colombia are suffering from displacement sickness, even in early levels you can find tears and some of the songs the quartet are singing are very out of place for 1912

the real shit hits the fan when you enter the first tear looking for chen lin, think of all the people dead, those are the same people who are alive at the beginning

Hell even the game admits that Fink has been creating his tech by watching tears, he probably got the idea for his vigors from the ones showing rapture

in the end your choices don't matter, they shouldn't really that is a problem i have had with some moral choices in the games is that it boils down to what rewards you will get and it becomes less about right/wrong and more about reward

moral of this story, don't fuck with the fabric of space-time. What is, is, what is, will be,what is, is not

this was a preorder well spent, definitely a game i say you should play, just remember to pay attention

If there is no choice then I don't see the point of playing, linear game play was good for 98s. Difference between books/movies and games is that, in games you can influence the story. BS2 was progressive game, Infinity is a regress.

When you chose bird as pedant they say that the are surprised about your choice

not every game has to have 24 endings determined by arbitrary choices, no matter what in the end the hero must give up the boon and return to the mundane

hell, of the major games modded here only one even has multiple endings that actually are different

Of course, but if you walked on that patch (BS2) and then turned back from it I can't call it as good choice.

Well generally if everyone says it's good, then it really is good. Even most of the reviewers I trust say it's a contender for Game of The Year.

Just ignore the whiny nitpickers HAHA.

"Shit is GOOD for you! Billions of fly cant be wrong!" :P

That's probably because it did, about 40% of the team quit at one point throwing a hissyfit over a bunch of stuff, the game was delayed nearly a year because of it while they brought people in(rebuilding the dev team) to finish it.  Well my opinion on it all?  Solid game all the way through to the end, I enjoyed it.  Though I missed quite a bit of stuff so I'll have to do another play through.

i think people are victims of a very well planned merchandise, even Joe. This game is not that good. but oh well...

And what was about with this puzzle game? If i'm not wrong EVERY couple puzzle, big fucking box popped up saying that Your choices will influence the game, or reward.

Now I have seen few teasers about it (BS:I) and this is fucking different game.

With every single person saying that BS:I is so fucking awesome my rage grows to the point that I want to throw shit at them or something :P

i think people are victims of a very well planned merchandise, even Joe. This game is not that good. but oh well...

And what was about with this puzzle game? If i'm not wrong EVERY couple puzzle, big fucking box popped up saying that Your choices will influence the game, or reward.

Now I have seen few teasers about it (BS:I) and this is fucking different game.

With every single person saying that BS:I is so fucking awesome my rage grows to the point that I want to throw shit at them or something :P

Perhaps you should try the legendary "There is no BS:I" move from Kenobi ;)

From what I've seen of the game is that only the lighthouse, plasmids and gene tonics are the only references of the original BioShock games. Which makes you wonder why they want to drag those games into this meh game. Exploring Rapture was more fun and interesting compared to this game (my opinion)

Because making a new IP is SCARY AND DANGEROUS (from a money standpoint), so why not just attach something to an already established IP? That way you don't have to come up with new ideas for powers or anything; just rename old things!

The heavens forbid we have some other steampunky thing that isn't Bioshock...

So, just finished watching the ending.....

[spoiler=But]Two and a half years of thinking and five years of development (with free reigns), just to shoot/kill racists, religious zealots and whoever stands in your way? and the lighthouse from the original BioShock being "converted" into a beacon/portal to different places in time where the same things happens?

Come on.....Instead of slapping something from previous games on to something "new" and calling it another stepping stone in the BioShock universe. Pull something really new out of the hat instead of taking the cheap way out.

Guest Lehshara

Its a solid game. Although abit overrated but it is really good game. Just not as good as some people say it is.
Predictable story. But some revelations at the end were really surprising.

Most annoying thing in Bioshock: Infinite was... this:

7014526_460s_v1.jpg

[spoiler=But]Two and a half years of thinking and five years of development (with free reigns), just to shoot/kill racists, religious zealots and whoever stands in your way? and the lighthouse from the original BioShock being "converted" into a beacon/portal to different places in time where the same things happens?

Come on.....Instead of slapping something from previous games on to something "new" and calling it another stepping stone in the BioShock universe. Pull something really new out of the hat instead of taking the cheap way out.

Money is the name of the game for these individual companies. Sure some are better than others but money is the name of the game. Take Oblivion and Fallout etc. If looking closely at the files you can find remnants of the former game and some have said hints at a future game or at least ideas that they have thought of but eliminated.

In my opinion it isn't the "stepping stone" issue that is the problem. They need to truly make a desirable addition within a universe that is demanded. Not a weak alternate situation that barely represents the previous game. Oblivion... to Skyrim. A much anticipated game and many enjoy the game very much. It is different but same to a point. Much of the previous game is present in the new games universe with new material and locations to explore.

Another issue is when a trilogy isn't a real trilogy. Mass Effect while stand alone is awesome. Individuals can have their favorite version but when played from one to another there are very jarring differences in game play even equipment almost like they wanted to create a new game with inadequate explanation and reasons for the current differences.

I am conflicted. On the one hand, I just beat the game last night and I really want to discuss the ending. On the other hand, with the huge amount of negative reactions I'm seeing in this thread, I fear my exaltations of how outright amazing and beautiful a game this is will fall on deaf ears. Or this being text, blind eyes? I won't insult you by suggesting you don't "get" the game, nor will I harangue you for having an opinion that differs from mine (heavens forbid!). But the level of hostility found in this thread makes me wonder if it may simply be a waste of my time to post my opinion.

Anyway, I'll leave it up to you guys. If you want my opinion about the game, like this comment. If more than five people like it, I'll say what I think. Otherwise I'll spare you the block of text.

Money is the name of the game for these individual companies. Sure some are better than others but money is the name of the game. Take Oblivion and Fallout etc. If looking closely at the files you can find remnants of the former game and some have said hints at a future game or at least ideas that they have thought of but eliminated.

In my opinion it isn't the "stepping stone" issue that is the problem. They need to truly make a desirable addition within a universe that is demanded. Not a weak alternate situation that barely represents the previous game. Oblivion... to Skyrim. A much anticipated game and many enjoy the game very much. It is different but same to a point. Much of the previous game is present in the new games universe with new material and locations to explore.

Another issue is when a trilogy isn't a real trilogy. Mass Effect while stand alone is awesome. Individuals can have their favorite version but when played from one to another there are very jarring differences in game play even equipment almost like they wanted to create a new game with inadequate explanation and reasons for the current differences.

this is the problem, they never meant it to be the third game, it's always been presented as a different game using mechanics found in the bioshock one and two games.

players and the media are the ones misunderstanding what they were doing.

irrational wasn't making the third sequel to bioshock, but a new game using ideas the devs had, personally i liked the game and it is pretty well done.

there are issues with the game, like the gun limit, the way the vigor system works and how boring the upgrades were.

but the story was good, though like any story dealing with time travel/dimension hopping it falls over from it's own broken logic.  then again i've found all stories dealing with time travel do, messing with time like that creates a time paradox.

also yes the absurdity of elizabeth finding salts or whatever when i need them, like she uses magic is suspension of disbelief breaking, but i didn't mind it when i needed them.

the voices were well done, the textures, models and atmosphere was pretty darn good.  the animations were the most realistic animations i've seen in a game in a while,  quite smooth and realistic.

the loading was okay, not great, not bad.

sound was well done, i love the 1920's versions of the 80's songs, i mean who doesn't want to hear a big band version of everyone wants to rule the world?

the racism was jarring even though i expected it it still was off putting, but it was funny hearing someone claim booker was a one-legged albino pygmy.

the best part of the game? the AI! my gods the AI was the best i've ever seen!  sure she didn't fight anything but i could count the number of times she got in my way on my hands.

game AI isn't perfect but they did really good on it. 

elizabeth is a great character too, i started to care about her, which is not something i really do normally, but like the little sisters i can't help but feel the urge to protect them.

the games not perfect, but i'll remember it over a lot of other games, i put it right up there with bioshock one, alan wake and lost odyssey for games that have stuck with me and the industry needs to look to for how to create deeper gaming.

that is of course my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Its a solid game. Although abit overrated but it is really good game. Just not as good as some people say it is.

Predictable story. But some revelations at the end were really surprising.

Most annoying thing in Bioshock: Infinite was... this:

7014526_460s_v1.jpg

Am i the only one liking that she gives me money? lol

The only thing that bothers me is she throws you a whole RPG as an ammo, i mean if i were booker my arms wouldn't even catch it. lol

Perhaps you should try the legendary "There is no BS:I" move from Kenobi ;)

From what I've seen of the game is that only the lighthouse, plasmids and gene tonics are the only references of the original BioShock games. Which makes you wonder why they want to drag those games into this meh game. Exploring Rapture was more fun and interesting compared to this game (my opinion)

Did no one else think that......

SPOILER :

Bioshock 1 and 2 were alternate universe of Infinite? i mean look at Fink's voice recordings telling something about bigdaddies, and little sisters. and 1 time he mentioned rapture, but wasn't direct to the place rapture.

Only a guess, but for me that the only possible reason they are connected, fink phases through a tear? takes plasmid technology? change to vigors? lol who knows.

Archived