Queen Bee

let's not confuse the relation beetween systemshock and bioshock. the last one it's only a spiritual succesor as stated here in wikipedia:

Critics praised System Shock and hailed it as a major innovation in its genre. It was later placed on multiple hall of fame lists. The game was a moderate commercial success, with sales exceeding 170,000 copies; but Looking Glass ultimately lost money on the project. A sequel, System Shock 2, was released by Looking Glass Studios and off-shoot developer Irrational Games in 1999. The 2000 game Deus Ex, the 2007 game BioShock, and the 2008 game Dead Space are spiritual successors to the two games.

I was mostly being facetious, but I could see some confused System Shock fans getting all butthurt because Bioshock wasn't exactly like their favorite game. I never played, can't because Dosbox hates my computer, so it doesn't matter to me.

As for Infinite, it will be weird seeing people's faces and interacting with them directly. Bioshocks 1 and 2 had you talking to people mostly through radios and from the other side of a glass partition.

It wouldn't be problem I they haven't claimed BS as spiritual successor of SS.In which have nothing in common.

Are you sure? The spiritual relation goes beyond history or graphics. They are referring to the success or failure of the game and the DEVELOPERS were the ones who called it, because most of the Looking Glass developers worked on SS and BS. Here's a more extensive and complete data:

Other times, a spiritual successor is created when the original products were either poor commercial sellers and/or forgotten by the people that would purchase the product. By abandoning the original content's name (and perhaps its baggage as a forgotten product), the spiritual sequel can be appreciated by fresh eyes. An example of this would be BioShock, which has been referred to by its developers as the spiritual successor to System Shock 2.[7] Despite positive critical acclaim, System Shock and System Shock 2 both failed to achieve the expected commercial success unlike BioShock which was both a critical and commercial success.

The concept of a "spiritual successor" extends beyond fictional works. The Honda CR-Z is regarded as the spiritual successor to the second generation Honda CR-X in both name and exterior design, despite a nearly two decade time difference in production.[8][9] In sports, the Ravens–Steelers rivalry is considered the spiritual successor to the older Browns–Steelers rivalry due to the Cleveland Browns relocation controversy as well as the "reactivated" Cleveland Browns having a 4-20 record against the Steelers since returning to the league in 1999.[10]

Ooh, good find. In exchange, I offer this:

I am, quite frankly, in love. I can't wait to play this game!

P.S. Her new outfit sucks balls. I'm all for creating a compelling female character without sexualizing her, but at least the bodice was interesting. This new dress is bland and uninspired. Jesus, you have an entire era of American history to draw from, put her in something cool!

Are you sure? The spiritual relation goes beyond history or graphics. They are referring to the success or failure of the game and the DEVELOPERS were the ones who called it, because most of the Looking Glass developers worked on SS and BS. Here's a more extensive and complete data:

It is like making Race game and then making sequel which is like "ping pong" then slapping SPIRITUAL SUCCESSOR stamp on it. Those games are different, almost like belonging to different  genre.

And I'm not watching anything connected to BS:I, if it will be bad I will RAGE so hard ;D

Well 4 more days and we can play :D

Industrial Revolution was nice little bonus (and in game bonuses ) I heard the choice you made there might slightly change the game but for me it's kinda hard to imagine.

I can't play Industrial Revolution because it haven't send me activation email. And BS:I (digital) on move comes with 2 bonus game and new xcom and I already paid for boxed FUUUUUUUUUUUUUu. :D

Soon you will finish game even without playing it :P

And another thing that prove that I'm stupid, I ordered BS:I and RE6 together - that means my order will come at BS release so I won't be playing RE6 at it release, which is today

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK!

Wind.

I have same "problem " with most new games.... I bought so many that I already have like 500+ on steam to check out.

Pre ordered Tomb Raider activated it on steam but till this I didn't even launch it since I need to finish other games lol :P

I guess it helps that I'm a gaming butterfly, jumping from game to game, switching them out whenever I feel the urge. And it's typical that I play through the first few hours of a game, then take a long break, then remember it and jump back in. Sometimes, as with more complex games with deep stories, I forget what was happening and have to start over. I somehow doubt this will be the case with Infinite. It's the sort of game I'll devour in a few days, then regret not taking my time.

I have almost the same problem as Han. Too many games. But my work doesn't allow me to play too much... I haven't even finished DS3 DLC, starcraft 2 heart of the swarm... :/

I preordered Bioschock Inf and RE6 .... holy molly i need to stop doing that and should think on saving for some vacations instead... :/

I completely forgot about this game until I got an email saying it comes out on Tuesday.

This game definitely makes this steampunk happy. And I love that unlike in Rapsture, in Columbia you can at times stop to take in the scenery and take in how the city might be normally. You never got to do that in Rapture.

I guess it helps that I'm a gaming butterfly, jumping from game to game, switching them out whenever I feel the urge. And it's typical that I play through the first few hours of a game, then take a long break, then remember it and jump back in. Sometimes, as with more complex games with deep stories, I forget what was happening and have to start over. I somehow doubt this will be the case with Infinite. It's the sort of game I'll devour in a few days, then regret not taking my time.

I have tried that Queen Bee. It takes a while to get use to the keyboard input and story. Not mention I forget where I was with the saves. I too end up just replaying the game. Now I play the game for several hours or days. A week or two and then change it out for another game when that one get old. Often with the mods I take breaks while things get sorted. Come back check the new stuff and see where the mods have gone since I last played them.

I have almost the same problem as Han. Too many games. But my work doesn't allow me to play too much... I haven't even finished DS3 DLC, starcraft 2 heart of the swarm... :/

I preordered Bioschock Inf and RE6 .... holy molly i need to stop doing that and should think on saving for some vacations instead... :/

I use to do that to. Now I put some money aside enough for whatever game I might want. Collectors editions etc. Then when I have become board of the games I am playing and need a new one I buy whatever i am interested in on my Wishlist. (Steams or I keep a mental list as well) I get several benifits. Cheaper, often time bugs have been fixed and with those game that are modded, mods. Win, Win, Win. Of course there are those few that are on my list right out of the gate. Fallout games, Mass Effect etc.

@polluxval

We will have enough games to play on retirement :P

Yea, when we retire they will have discovered some way to stream the game into our heads and we will have to rebuy all those games we love .. again. :P

First Reviews.

• Eurogamer - 10/10
  • Destructoid – 10/10
  • Game Informer – 10/10
  • Polygon – 10/10
  • Gamer.no (Norwegian) – 10/10
  • IGN – 9.4/10
  • Joystiq – 5/5
  • OXM – 9/10
  • CVG – 9.1/10
  • RPS – no score
  • Digital Spy – 5/5
  • PC Gamer – 91/100
  • Godisageek – 9/10
  • Shopto – no score
  • NAG Online – 94/100
  • Nave360 – 8/10
  • Lazygamer.net – 96/100
  • Gameslife – 5/5
  • Shacknews – no score
  • El33tonline – 5/5
  • GameTrailers – 9.4/10
  • Gamesvillage – 8.7/10
  • HardGame2 – 10/10

One more Day... Out Tuesday.. Then we can be zipping around on wires and fighting for our lives at heights that, if we fell,  would make our bodies splatter like watermelons on pavement on a warm summer's day.

One more day.... just a few hours left.... I can tell a few people on this post won't be posting for a few days (at least) ... :P

Archived