Macrosoft

View File

Macrosoft.png.da7c484bacd0b60dab6817530d

There's a strange new disease plaguing the Commonwealth. People become crazy and violent for no reason, wearing mouth coverings and gas masks seems to be the only protection. Could this fear for an invisible enemy be worse than rad poisoning? Doctor Bill from the institute is working on a safe and effective stimpak to cure them all. However some people believe his syringe contains something else and some rebels believe there's a dark agenda behind it. Everyone must pay bottlecaps as contribution to finance his research, meanwhile his company Macrosoft is taking over everything. His cult followers will kill you on sight if you cough or sneeze, refusing his stimpak is not an option. Always wear mouth coverings, stay inside or become feral at your own peril.

Macrosoft was a pre-War computing company, producing a vast range of software and operating systems like:

• Fenestra '98
  • Macrosoft spreadsheets
  • Winblows 57
  • Wyndoze 99

Still a work in progress... only texture replacers at the moment for immersion.

This mod was banned by the Nexus Nazis, so this will be a Lovers Lab exclusive!

Don't upload anywhere else and wash your hands after playing.

Recommended Mods

Windows Terminal

Syringer Overhaul

Paint it Vax!

Updates coming soon, stay safe!

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    09/27/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    Windows, Game Pass, Mask and Hand Sanitizer

Hell yeah! It would be so immersive if NPCs wore "masks" all the time. I somehow have to figure out how to make factions aggressive if you don't wear a mask, and attack you when you cough or sneeze. Hand sanitizers and breathing apparatus would also be most welcome. I probably make control posts and emergency tents later on. Currently I'm busy to add all the propaganda warnings to the Commonwealth and replace textures for more immersion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I hope work on this continues, there's a lot you could do with this from a quest perspective.

Perhaps it could fit in with the lore. An engineered virus that Macro$oft, (in conjunction with the Institute and Vault-Tec) helped engineer in a Chinese lab that was deliberately leaked to:

A. Weaken America's economy and society to assist Chinese global aims.

B. To allow funds gained from the sale of Stimpaks to directly bankroll transhuman synth technology.

C. To allow the testing of RNA encoding that would ultimately become the FEV virus.

Once it was clear that Earth's biosphere had already reached a tipping point and that human civilisation would soon end anyway, Vault-Tec began a false-flag nuclear attack on America by hacking it's computer systems. The US military, upon seeing multiple ICBM's coming their way on these hacked terminals, responded in kind and thus mutually assured destruction occurred. This enabled Vault-Tec to continue even more thorough testing on human subjects and the data from that experimentation was sent to the Institute working on synthetic lifeforms. 

I mean, my ideas on the possible story is satire.... I hope.

Edited by OriginalOrange
  • 6 months later...