Minotaur Race

View File

What you get

• Minotaurs! Male and females.
  • Range of horns, hair, beards, nose rings.
  • Face tints are set up so you can create your PC in game. If you're making NPCs, find the "Tints" folder in the mod and copy everything in the "Size256" subfolder up one level. Those are the size the CK needs.
  • Optional dick. There are two files: BDMinoSOS is a regular SOS schlong with no extra scripts. BDMinoHoodie is a sheathing schlong using my hoodies mechanism. Pick the one you want. 
  • Horse and human eye styles.
  • Vampires, sorta. The vampire shift works, but you don't get the eyes because Skyrim sucks. (I turned off the Overlay Head Parts flag so it wouldn't crash.)
  • Most of the head shape sliders are focused on muzzle and nose. You can also change the size of the ears. As with the other herbivore races, I reused existing sliders and they don't always do what you expect. Some of the sliders don't do anything.

This is pretty much done, but comments and ideas still welcome. 

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    09/15/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    RaceCompatibility
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

6 hours ago, crash6372 said:

Hey, do you have any plans to make female Minotaurs? I know the description says males only but I want to use this race as a stand-in race for tauren from world of warcraft. Please?

I suppose females will be coming in a future release, cuz this race mod is still under development. It also seems by the images that the tails are not implemented yet.

6 hours ago, theshiba said:

Great job, BadDog!551494914_SkyrimSpecialEdition9_16_20208_25_15AM.thumb.png.86bcc9cb1cab98c0e3f5f3f384bfbba2.png

Just put a more muscular skeleton (and the tail, ofc) and voilà... you have a Tauren! ? My favorite race in WoW tbh, and soon coming to Skyrim! ?

9 minutes ago, stolensweetroll said:

I suppose females will be coming in a future release

I wasn't answering that because, dude. OP.

9 minutes ago, stolensweetroll said:

It also seems by the images that the tails are not implemented yet

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

1 hour ago, stolensweetroll said:

I suppose females will be coming in a future release, cuz this race mod is still under development. It also seems by the images that the tails are not implemented yet.

Just put a more muscular skeleton (and the tail, ofc) and voilà... you have a Tauren! ? My favorite race in WoW tbh, and soon coming to Skyrim! ?

BD is on point with that saying. There are tails:

Skyrim Special Edition 9_16_2020 8_31_11 AM.png

2 hours ago, stolensweetroll said:

@theshiba, @Bad Dog, my apologies. Haven't noticed the tails previously in screenshots and didn't play with the mod yet (I play SSE).

Anyway, thanks to OP for another great anthropomorphic race mod.

No apologies necessary! Also I'm using this with SE; I just put the mod through Cathedral Assets Optimizer. Most of the functionality remains

There are vampire assets but right now switching to a vampire is an instant CTD. If anyone wants to have a look at that, I could use the help. It seems to be triggered by the head part overlay flag, but I don't know why that flag is causing the CDT on this race and no other.

I don't think there's a way to fix this, and if there is, I haven't found it yet. I had the bug happen to me when I added vampire support to the Yautja (Predator) race, and it also happened when I made the WIP standalone bats and split them from the birds.

Best course of action is to just not add that flag. Player vampires won't get vampire eyes, but will still get the fangs (or whatever else you turn the "VampireMorph" into) because those just look for the Vampire keyword on the base race data.

3 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

I don't think there's a way to fix this, and if there is, I haven't found it yet.

But whyyyyyyyy!? Horses and deer didn't have this problem.

3 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

i think the bulls should be using deer dicks, not horse dicks.

I wondered about that. I'm agnostic.

"BDMinoMaleEyesVamp "Vampire Eyes" [HDPT:05008985]" does not have a "Chargen Morph" line, so far that is the only thing i can find that looks different to the other things around it (Eg: "BDDeerFemEyesVamp" does have a "Chargen Morph" line)

edit: by the way will i be needed for more tail re-weight work?

10 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

edit: by the way will i be needed for more tail re-weight work?

Okay, ya bastid. The tail weights were giving me fits so I did the thing you said in the other thread: I freaking wrote all the tail weights from base to tip into a spreadsheet, graphed each line, and then tweaked the weights until the graphs were smooth and reasonable, then copied them all back into the mesh. 

The results were... better. You might want to look and see if you can improve on it. I think maybe tailbone01 was too abrupt. I smoothed it, but the tail is still a bit hinky, maybe.