• 2 weeks later...

New version up. I might have tweaked a thing or two in the base file but mostly this gives you a hoodie schlong and cbbe textures. I got the overlays as well as the main textures.

Not completely happy with the hoodie schlong yet, but I was spinning my wheels so I figured I'd post it and let people have their opinions. Other than that, this is done. I suppose I could make some scars, but no one seems to have missed them on the horses or deer.

Gonna take a pass through the other mods and fix any outstanding issues I've logged. Then a new version of Birds with the new Ultimate flying mod. Then... maybe some new project.

I'm going to assume that the tail being completely stiff and unanimated would be caused by my accidentally installing a Legacy Edition mod on Special Edition- Could've sworn it was listed as SE Compatible but I was also downloading a lot of mods at the time so I must have misread something somewhere. Not a huge deal it... Mostly works.

Not too sure about their hooves, though. As to whether or not it is an SE Incompatibility or something else. Their hooves are tiny and not even as large as their ankles. Assuming it too is an SE incompatibility. Still, I thought I might bring it up either way.

26 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Hooves could be tweaked.

Hooves definitely need to be tweaked. I know I tend to complain about your feet designs being too "walking on stilts-y", but geez, my feet hurt at how small and flimsy their hooves look compared to the body itself. ?

For what it may be worth, I replaced them with the horse hooves on my end and those look a bit better, so maybe trying to go for the same proportions as the horse ones (or even beefier) could work out.

On 10/11/2020 at 6:40 PM, Bad Dog said:

Hooves could be tweaked. Haven't done an SSE version yet.

So...does that mean an OFFICIAL SSE version is possible, as opposed to a hacky version I did for myself?

Rochndil, who is good at half-assed hacky versions of stuff...

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, you furballs!

I'm doing an update to this race. On the list:

• NPCs
  • Futa schlong
  • Heavier hooves
  • Female hair should be female models
  • SE conversion

Anything else? 

Also too, Blaze has been talking about merging the herbivore races -- horses, deer, and minotaurs -- into a single package. He sent me a file, I think. I could go ahead and do that now.  Upside, fewer ESPs for you, fewer mods to manage for me. Downside, you get extra races you might not need.

We'd have to decide whether to go with one NPCs addon, like the birds, or keep the NPC addons separate.

Opinions?

1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

Hey, you furballs!

I'm doing an update to this race. On the list:

• NPCs
  • Futa schlong
  • Heavier hooves
  • Female hair should be female models
  • SE conversion

Anything else? 

Also too, Blaze has been talking about merging the herbivore races -- horses, deer, and minotaurs -- into a single package. He sent me a file, I think. I could go ahead and do that now.  Upside, fewer ESPs for you, fewer mods to manage for me. Downside, you get extra races you might not need.

We'd have to decide whether to go with one NPCs addon, like the birds, or keep the NPC addons separate.

Opinions?

That all sounds good to me. I'm much more of an herbivore than carnivore fan, so a merged herbivore pack (with bonus NPCs) is right up my alley. The only other thing I can think of is an udder, but that might introduce all kinds of problems with clipping and such.

Rochndil, who is collecting mods to rebuild Skyrim SE YET AGAIN, with the minotaurs as the keystone...

2 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Well... Cats and birds are already merged. Why not do the same with the herbivores?

About the NPCs, same thing, if there's no conflict.

Merging multiple plugins can save precious slots for players (and even modders) who are about to reach the limit. ?

Oh man, this would help out a TON. I've been battling with the mod limit myself for a while. All of your races are amazing Bad Dog, but if you're going to install all of them (which I'd think is the majority of people, though I have no data to back that up) they can chew through plugin slots pretty quickly.

I'm all for merging the NPC plugin as well. Since they don't replace vanilla NPCs or anything, they're pretty non-obtrusive, so the only real reason I could see for not wanting them is that the spawns somehow conflict with another mod.

The deer NPCs do replace some of the vanilla characters, among them Siddgeir and his relatives. I think that's fabulous because it isn't just fun, it actually ties into Falkreath's symbol being the deer head. I can see some folks not wanting that tho.