[mod] Carnalitas - Unified Sex Mod Framework for CK3

I loaded Carnalitas on an already existing saves. So far everything works fine, all mods depending on C have no problems. But I noticed that the slavery and prostitution system are missing. Can I add them on an already existing save?

Edited by xyzxyz
On 3/24/2022 at 6:21 PM, Gandalf_the_Dirty said:

I found the outdated mod that supposedly managed same-sex pregnancy somehow, at least to some extent. From what I gathered from the comments - the system is far from perfect. But it worked, and that's more than we currently have.

I don't know how they did it, and can't even test it since I doubt the mod will work with 1.5.1 version.

But maybe people who actually know modding can look into the code for ideas.

P.S. I asked the creator, but I don't sure when he'll answer.

Hello it's me! I did already talk about it when the expansion came out here. But long story short the way I did it was patched out the same time the gay mod capability was removed. Even if it wasn't I'd already abandoned it as it was super jank. Anyways the problem isn't creating a kid. It's the fact that the game doesn't allow you to put two of the same sex as the parents. I'm surprised they didn't change this when introducing gay marriage.

Which means that inheritance and events that involve parents will be fucked up. The way I did it originally left the character with only one parent which of course messes up a lot of things. But you can easily make a character pregnant by using a hidden surrogate. However the problem remains that you can't change the parent's father to a woman or mother to a man. Which will mean messed up dialogue broken events etc.

I spent hundreds of hours (mind you I'm not the most intelligent modder.) Trying to get even a work around to work to no avail. You can create a sudo mother/father by using a connected trait. However that would involve rewriting everything that connected to those family positions. Even then you aren't able to mod the family trees or at least I wasn't able to. So from the game perspective they are unrelated. Also it seems that all traits like that get removed for efficiency reason at death so any events dealing with parent's death wouldn't work. Nor would you be able to continue to interact with extend family.

I think the only way right now is to find a way to change the actual code. There are some modders on the ck3 forums who are working on doing what I suggested. But even still it's not perfect.

So over all it's still untenable. And if Cheri and the other modders can't fix it I definitely can't. Sorry.

Edited by Untolddead

I have no idea if this is mod related or not but what the flying fuck CK3?!??! Suddenly everyone in my family esp kids from 50s to not even adults are dying off rapid fire, like daily 2-5 are dying. in 2 months I went from 80 children alive to 12

and Im not getting any that were murdered or anything its all just 'they died'
it finally stopped with 7 left alive of various ages from 50 to 12
reloading the saves hasnt helped, exiting the game completely and restarting didnt help
(thought maybe something initialized wrong)

posting here just in case someone has an idea or it might be mod related, Ive also posted in Regula Magistry on hypnopics

MODS on this savegame in this load order:
(all these off steam workshop)
Fullscreen Barber Shop

Undress
Impregnate Spouse

Character Physical Modify
Improved Portraits 
(non-steam mods)

Carnalitas

Canalitas - Historical Slavery

Regula Magistri

edit:

Ok someone suggested this is a stress spiral that happens in mods with huge harems like regula magistri

Edited by Tyrranus

suggestion: the make love interaction accessible via the "current situation" menu pulls currently the last added valid sex partner and makes love to them and only them. is it possible  save every valid partner in some kind of list and cycle through this list? my partner in the Daugthers of lust mod is getting pretty... "exhausted" to say the least. maybe use the "scripted_lists" feature?

also: why needs CarnDeis "sacred prostitution" to be a extra tenet? It could be incorporated into the prostitution doctrine list right below "prostitution accepted":

Spoiler
carn_doctrine_prostitution = {
	group = "crimes"

is_available_on_create = {
		NOT = { has_game_rule = carn_prostitution_content_disabled }
	}

carn_doctrine_prostitution_crime = {
		piety_cost = {
			value = faith_doctrine_cost_mid
			if = {
				limit = { has_doctrine = carn_doctrine_prostitution_crime }
				multiply = 0
			}
			else_if = {
				limit = { has_doctrine = carn_doctrine_prostitution_accepted }
				multiply = faith_changed_doctrine_cost_mult_two_step
			}
		}
		parameters = {
			carn_prostitution_illegal = yes
		}
	}
	carn_doctrine_prostitution_shunned = {
		piety_cost = {
			if = {
				limit = { has_doctrine = carn_doctrine_prostitution_shunned }
				multiply = 0
			}
		}
		parameters = {
			carn_prostitution_shunned = yes
		}
	}

carn_doctrine_prostitution_accepted = {
		piety_cost = {
			if = {
				limit = { has_doctrine = carn_doctrine_prostitution_accepted }
				multiply = 0
			}
			else_if = {
				limit = { has_doctrine = carn_doctrine_prostitution_crime }
			}
		}
		parameters = {
			carn_prostitution_accepted = yes
		}
	}

CCBO_doctrine_prostitution_holy = {
		piety_cost = {
			if = {
				limit = {
					flag:carnd_doctrine_lust_exalted = { is_in_list = selected_doctrines } 
				}
				value = faith_doctrine_cost_low
			}
			else = {
			}

if = {
				limit = { has_doctrine = CCBO_doctrine_prostitution_holy }
				multiply = 0
			}
			else_if = {
				limit = { has_doctrine = carn_doctrine_prostitution_shunned }
			}
			else_if = {
				limit = { has_doctrine = carn_doctrine_prostitution_criminal }
				multiply = faith_changed_doctrine_cost_mult_three_step
			}
		}
		parameters = {
			carn_prostitution_accepted = yes
			carnd_piety_from_prostitution = yes
		}
		traits = {
			virtues = { lifestyle_prostitute }
		}
	}
}

Edited by Hebiryuu
1 hour ago, Hebiryuu said:

suggestion: the make love interaction accessible via the "current situation" menu pulls currently the last added valid sex partner and makes love to them and only them. is it possible  save every valid partner in some kind of list and cycle through this list? my partner in the Daugthers of lust mod is getting pretty... "exhausted" to say the least.

fuck yes please

For balance purposes you should add some doctrines on this mod or a submod:

There should be doctrines to define what fetishes are crimes or shunned or not.

Right now the only option is to criminalize or accept all deviants... problem is some religions might think that anal is ok, but scat or guro is not.

whats the file I need to modify the cooldowns on various sex acts? Like for ex the prisoners one if I have a sadistic fuck that enjoys raping prisoners, what file to I need to edit to town down that insanely long cooldown on that action? Similarly for consenting wives/concubines?

24 minutes ago, Untolddead said:

On Cheri's subscribe star it says they don't have time to work on the mod. Is anyone else still working on this mod?

Carnalitas is Cheri's thing. Since she's on hiatus until real life once again allows for more modding there's not really anyone else working on it directly. But, Carnalitas is merely a framework. Most of the actual snu-snu related content comes from submods/mods that are built with Carnalitas in mind and not Carnalitas itself. Many of those are being worked on to some extent and at varying speeds. Cheri's Discord has most of these people gathered, if you want to chime in or similar. Also, there's not much that Carnalitas is missing in terms of functionality that would be desperately needed. Proper Futanari might be one of the few things missing, and that one's due to Paradox' code. Unless a genius finds a workaround, Cheri wouldn't really be able to do much about that anyways, even if she had the time. So, her hiatus mostly just means that her other Carnalitas-related mods Carnalitas Dei, Carnalitas Mundi, and Daughters of Lust won't have any content added any time soon. Moreover, Cheri said she would still do maintenance stuff like updating for new Paradox patches if needed etc., which shiuld be sufficient to keep Carnalitas usable for everyone.

So, I've done some short term testing. And using a herm PC and a normal female at the 867, I was able to use the pollinate command to get a pregnancy to appear in the PCs wife. I know that was discussed in the page earlier, but it didn't lead to anything but trouble regarding inheritance and stuff. However, using an adoption mechanic from the "Celebrate Crimes" mod by pengoyo on the steam workshop seems to function fine towards the offspring of a same sex pollinate command. As for any genetic inheritances I don't know yet as I've only done the one child.

So I'm no modder, but my thinking is to use an event tied to the "make love" interaction that uses the pollinate command on the spouse and then when the child is born, to auto-adopt it.

Carnalitas\common\character_interactions\carn_free_slave_interaction.txt

is missing localization values and will not show gold values when freeing a slave for gold.

Add:

localization_values = {
		RANSOM_COST = scope:recipient.carn_slave_price_value
		CURRENT_GOLD = scope:recipient.gold
	}

to line 188.

image.png.6263163fb3ec3ff75abfbfa20b66c983.png

21 hours ago, BrollyLssj25 said:

I am confused on how traits can be changed with the console command.

While i do find trait ID's in the files i can not change them to my liking. How exactly do i do that here? Do i need to write "trait change to" or something? 

Thanks for you help guys. 

Depends on the trait. For Vanilla get Daddy Pikas cheat menu from workshop.  For this mod like futa and tits you can just console. add_trait / remove_trait [trait] {character ID if not your character] so add_trait big_dick_good_3 or remove_trait futa 12345.  You have to remove then add if you are changing. There is a file in the mod called oddly enough traits that list them all.

OK seems Cheri is on a break. Can anyone else help? Not sure which file to edit.

Prostitution has such an enormous Piety hit that its not feasible to use. You make say 40 gold and lose say 800 piety. Within a few months you are -1000s in the hole. Sorry you cant invade that tiny county because you dont have the 25 piety needed. And thats on top of losing a level for just making a captured barbarian turn tricks. You dont earn enough gold to make the negatives the least bit worthwhile. 

On 4/2/2022 at 7:07 AM, Untolddead said:

Hello it's me! I did already talk about it when the expansion came out here. But long story short the way I did it was patched out the same time the gay mod capability was removed. Even if it wasn't I'd already abandoned it as it was super jank. Anyways the problem isn't creating a kid. It's the fact that the game doesn't allow you to put two of the same sex as the parents. I'm surprised they didn't change this when introducing gay marriage.

Which means that inheritance and events that involve parents will be fucked up. The way I did it originally left the character with only one parent which of course messes up a lot of things. But you can easily make a character pregnant by using a hidden surrogate. However the problem remains that you can't change the parent's father to a woman or mother to a man. Which will mean messed up dialogue broken events etc.

I spent hundreds of hours (mind you I'm not the most intelligent modder.) Trying to get even a work around to work to no avail. You can create a sudo mother/father by using a connected trait. However that would involve rewriting everything that connected to those family positions. Even then you aren't able to mod the family trees or at least I wasn't able to. So from the game perspective they are unrelated. Also it seems that all traits like that get removed for efficiency reason at death so any events dealing with parent's death wouldn't work. Nor would you be able to continue to interact with extend family.

I think the only way right now is to find a way to change the actual code. There are some modders on the ck3 forums who are working on doing what I suggested. But even still it's not perfect.

So over all it's still untenable. And if Cheri and the other modders can't fix it I definitely can't. Sorry.

I had a really depraved playthru in CK2 where a lot of crazy stuff went down. Playing as Norse. Had some guys who had the looks and traits I wanted for the dynasty. Head canon was that Loki pulled a trick at a feast  and changed some warriors into shield maidens and the spell eventually wore off. I simply changed the guys gender to female, impregnated them and changed them back after the birth.  This didnt appear to have any negative game issues. Both Men were listed as parents. The children seemed to inherit normally.  I also did a reverse version of this where my character did the switch, slutted it up, pumped out some babies and switched back.

Maybe a workaround is to create a "potion" that changes the gender for if you want babies and then you can take the antidote. 

1 hour ago, Lux Lux said:

OK seems Cheri is on a break. Can anyone else help? Not sure which file to edit.

Prostitution has such an enormous Piety hit that its not feasible to use. You make say 40 gold and lose say 800 piety. Within a few months you are -1000s in the hole. Sorry you cant invade that tiny county because you dont have the 25 piety needed. And thats on top of losing a level for just making a captured barbarian turn tricks. You dont earn enough gold to make the negatives the least bit worthwhile. 

The file is located here:

Carnalitas\events\carn_slave_prostitution_events.txt

At line 41 and 67 you will find:

change_variable = {
							name = carn_slave_prostitution_piety_lost
							add = miniscule_piety_loss

1 hour ago, LordDGP said:

The file is located here:

Carnalitas\events\carn_slave_prostitution_events.txt

At line 41 and 67 you will find:

change_variable = {
							name = carn_slave_prostitution_piety_lost
							add = miniscule_piety_loss

Thx man. Yeah, I found that entry. But "miniscule" was very non descript. Thought there might be a define somewhere that gave it an actual value. It also sounds like it was for the prostitute and not me the Pimp. Like right now I inherited a couple of prostitutes. Cant have more than 2.  I made 38 gold and lost nearly 900 piety. Miniscule must mean something else to Cheri.

36 minutes ago, Lux Lux said:

Thx man. Yeah, I found that entry. But "miniscule" was very non descript. Thought there might be a define somewhere that gave it an actual value. It also sounds like it was for the prostitute and not me the Pimp. Like right now I inherited a couple of prostitutes. Cant have more than 2.  I made 38 gold and lost nearly 900 piety. Miniscule must mean something else to Cheri.

Afaik "miniscule_piety_loss" is a vanilla value, you would be better off replacing that with a number instead.

10 hours ago, Lux Lux said:

Depends on the trait. For Vanilla get Daddy Pikas cheat menu from workshop.  For this mod like futa and tits you can just console. add_trait / remove_trait [trait] {character ID if not your character] so add_trait big_dick_good_3 or remove_trait futa 12345.  You have to remove then add if you are changing. There is a file in the mod called oddly enough traits that list them all.

Thank you very much. ?

Hello folks, having an odd issue and not sure what the issue might be. I tried installing the mod but the games launcher gives it the red triangle and says installation failed because the path in the mods descriptor file is invalid or does not exist. I have it in the CK3/mods location, I see the other .mod files in the location, but I dont see the other data folders from the mods, so the carnalitas folder is the only one there, which makes me think those are suppose to go somewhere else but I'm not sure where. I've only used the workshop for this game before so not sure where else it might go.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

14 hours ago, lamppost25 said:

Hello folks, having an odd issue and not sure what the issue might be. I tried installing the mod but the games launcher gives it the red triangle and says installation failed because the path in the mods descriptor file is invalid or does not exist. I have it in the CK3/mods location, I see the other .mod files in the location, but I dont see the other data folders from the mods, so the carnalitas folder is the only one there, which makes me think those are suppose to go somewhere else but I'm not sure where. I've only used the workshop for this game before so not sure where else it might go.

If the path to the mod folder contains symbols uncommon in English (i.e. any letters not in A-Z), CK3 can't load it. This is a common issue on Windows if your username contains such letters.

Solution:

1. Move mod folder somewhere else (leave .mod file where it is!)

2. write new path into .mod file