[mod] Carnalitas - Unified Sex Mod Framework for CK3

On 5/20/2022 at 6:10 AM, morlund69 said:

Through a great deal of trial and error by dissecting another mod (Sinews of War) to learn about about GUI modding, I made something you might be interested in.

image.png.52922d9e3c04a09aa27509bc043d91e3.png

image.png.c6cfa8b75aec48d75ba459d424f95ce5.png

image.png.cfd997f65c642f6bb5407e0e5f3d259d.png

Feel free to include it in Carnalitas and edit as you like.

gui.zip 15.65 kB · 16 downloads

EDIT: In case you aren't sure what you're supposed to be looking at here, Carnalitas by default does not have a functional gridbox for the Fetish GUI. There is no background behind the text making it very difficult to read at all, and totally impossible to hover over and view the tooltips/encyclopedia entries. I've fixed this.

Hey, I added the file to my Carnalitas folder but still have old behaviour. Any ideas? 

As an aside I can confirm that making a character your soulmate makes them incestuous. Once the event finishes, or if you debug them to make you a soulmate, the option to learn their secrets (which is always Is Incestuous) appears. 

Edited by KingOfCairo
1 hour ago, KingOfCairo said:

Hey, I added the file to my Carnalitas folder but still have old behaviour. Any ideas? 

As an aside I can confirm that making a character your soulmate makes them incestuous. Once the event finishes, or if you debug them to make you a soulmate, the option to learn their secrets (which is always Is Incestuous) appears. 

if you added the files directly to your Carnalitas folder but have another mod loaded after that that changes the same files, such as Physical Attributes, it will overwrite my changes. a small patch would need to be made to the window_character.gui file. whichever version of the window_character.gui file loads last in your mods list wins and overwrites everything else unfortunately. post me your mod list and i can try to make a quick patch for you.

my hope is Cheri will add my change to carnalitas making it a basic function, and then the other modders will have to work around that

Edited by morlund69
On 5/4/2022 at 7:49 PM, Yeoman1919 said:

Has anyone found a workaround to the romance bug that makes unrelated soulmates somehow incestuous? Its the only thing holding me back from routinely using this mod

On 5/30/2022 at 5:48 AM, KingOfCairo said:

Is this what you're talking about? I just ran into it myself. Super annoying.

image.png.822b062e5d64c25ec2fe872cdab30b6f.png

Has anyone figured out a resolution to this bug?

On 5/30/2022 at 6:35 PM, Mehdiocrity said:

I did a couple of quick runs and managed to reproduce the event immediately or shortly after finishing a romance scheme on my spouse and successfully making them a soulmate. If the event never fires, successfully making the spouse a soulmate makes them incestious (secret becomes available to learn through debug).

The first Someone Else event is adultery.0002 (One trigger: no_unfaithfulness_penalty_active) and the two outcome events I got are adultery.0004 and adultery.0006 (no triggers since they're event outcomes).
I saw that that adultery.0001 is a hidden event which can trigger adultery.0002, looking into that right now and seeing how Carnalitas comes into into play :/

I have a few screenshots of the events with some debug info but nothing really useful apart from saved scopes and character and event IDs.

EDIT: Only reference to adultery.0001 in Carnalitas I could find was in common\scripted_effects\carn_had_sex_with_effect.txt which fires it off (Adultery suspicion at lines 256-335) and saves all the listed scopes. Can't see to see where this would somehow lead into character $CHARACTER_2$ adding itself to its own partner list, if that's even what's happening. I'm to sleepy for this ?

Screenies if helpful:

1-1.png

1-2.png

3-3.png

For the last one, the adulterer_check scope is saved in common\scripted_effects\zzz_carn_00_secret_effects_overwrite.txt

Thanks for the detailed report.

The problem stems from the court scheme itself. At the end it triggers a had_sex_with_effect, which weirdly does not get executed from the player's, but from the target's perspective instead.

And since Carnalitas expects the sex initiator to be event initiator, the target inserts itself as both sex partners, triggering all adultery effects (since the target is not married with itself but is close family).

A quick fix I made replaces the mentioned call with carn_had_sex_with_effect.

Place under "Carnalitas\common\scripted_effects"

It should now work as expected.

@Cheri Song perhaps you could include this fix in the next update?

zzz_carn_00_romance_effects_overwrite.txt

Edited by LordDGP
Replacing my fix with Cheri's better fix
1 hour ago, LordDGP said:

Thanks for the detailed report.

The problem stems from the court scheme itself. At the end it triggers a had_sex_with_effect, which weirdly does not get executed from the player's, but from the target's perspective instead.

And since Carnalitas expects the sex initiator to be event initiator, the target inserts itself as both sex partners, triggering all adultery effects (since the target is not married with itself but is close family).

A quick fix I made replaces the mentioned call with carn_had_sex_with_effect.

Place under "Carnalitas\common\scripted_effects"

It should now work as expected.

@Cheri Song perhaps you could include this fix in the next update?

zzz_carn_00_court_scheme_effects_overwrite.txt 3.15 kB · 4 downloads

I think this is just fixed yesterday but there wasn't any official release.

https://gitgud.io/cherisong/carnalitas/-/commit/d0eaca3993bb6aee3b5c1449c45be3c591e8c4ec

15 hours ago, LordDGP said:

So he was faster, and his fix is better as well xD

Well, my part is done here :P

Do we need to download all files? I tried doing daughters of lust but it was impossible to increase my succubus rank and none of the features worked right. Can I use this with the current version or do I need to revert?

On 6/4/2022 at 6:27 AM, Dragul17 said:

Do we need to download all files? I tried doing daughters of lust but it was impossible to increase my succubus rank and none of the features worked right. Can I use this with the current version or do I need to revert?

Since I am not the mod author, I can only speculate, but the mods work as standalone if not specified differently.

Hi! I'm just a few days old to this game + new to this mod, and I'm not sure what does this mod actually do? Yes, I've read the features on the description, and I've tried to interact to lover, spouse, prisoner, etc, and it still doesn't give me any new sex interaction? Or does the current version isn't compatible with 1.6? 
NEVERMIND Hahah, turns out I'm dumb enough to not knowing i had to change some game rules to make some mod working.. I didn't even realized some of my mod that i've used before need to be enabled and assuming them to be working fine ?

Edited by misterace
10 hours ago, KingOfCairo said:

You have another mod causing that issue, I suspect. My loadout is working perfectly fine on 1.6.* with Carnalitas.

image.thumb.png.094145b42d833816f965793b1c6e8b92.png

image.png.e4c42b67a4aca32cef7066b9b660ab46.png

Claiming that it works perfectly would be wrong. Especially the Carnalitas submods. There's been some changes with FOB to a lot of things and that you're not seeing the game crash doesn't mean it works as it should. You're basically just using the outdated 1.5 files at this point.

9 hours ago, yoyoman69 said:

Claiming that it works perfectly would be wrong. Especially the Carnalitas submods. There's been some changes with FOB to a lot of things and that you're not seeing the game crash doesn't mean it works as it should. You're basically just using the outdated 1.5 files at this point.

If you're talking about Carnalitas Dei there are updates out on the repository to make it work with 1.6 changes to religion; Carnalitas Mundi as far as I can tell simply requires a version change to be "updated" but there may be some small things that need updating beyond just a version change, but I've not encountered them personally. 

As for Carnalitas base, I've been using that since I updated to FOB without any issues whether being broken mod functionality or weird game behaviour. While it's a pretty robust mod the player-side interaction is relatively straight forward and all parts you are exposed to as a player have worked as-intended since I updated to 1.6.

So no, "claiming that it works perfectly on my loadout would be wrong" is false, as I can load up my game and see for myself it works without issue after many many hours of playing. There may be some minor issues but nothing glaring from my experience.

"You're basically just using the outdated 1.5 files at this point."

Yes I am, but just because a mod is outdated doesn't necessitate it also does not work properly. Also as mentioned before there are updates available on the repository that haven't been published yet but which you can download, and I have done so.

3 hours ago, Grimmdal said:

i havent changed my mod collection since, only updated it.

Maybe another mod update is causing a conflict now? I've not run into either of the issues you've mentioned and I'm playing on 1.6 using the same version of Carn.

Edited by KingOfCairo