something seems wrong with the Enjoyment value.  regardless of what settings, and what scenario - even during a scene, when SLSO vehemently disagrees - this mod always detects Enjoyment at 0. under no circumstances will it change, despire, as i said, SLSO saying it is anything but 0.

13 hours ago, Elizinator said:

this mod always detects Enjoyment at 0. 

So if you're checking the value in the MCM only then that's due to my assumption that people aren't going in the MCM in the middle of a scene, because any time a scene is not going I set the variable my mod uses for enjoyment to 0 and hide the slots. Because of this assumption too the MCM just shows 0 rather than checking the actual value from sexlab. This is pretty easy to change though.

Are you having issues with a slot during a scene using the enjoyment driver or just concerned over it always showing 0 in the MCM?

1 hour ago, iamzip said:

So if you're checking the value in the MCM only then that's due to my assumption that people aren't going in the MCM in the middle of a scene, because any time a scene is not going I set the variable my mod uses for enjoyment to 0 and hide the slots. Because of this assumption too the MCM just shows 0 rather than checking the actual value from sexlab. This is pretty easy to change though.

Are you having issues with a slot during a scene using the enjoyment driver or just concerned over it always showing 0 in the MCM?

the former, because nothing displays with the enjoyment driver set. tried with SLA or not, tried tweaking every imaginable SLSO setting, and i cant get anything to display based on Enjoyment triggers. the 0 in the MCM just suggested to me a possible cause.

On 4/5/2021 at 7:46 AM, Elizinator said:

the former, because nothing displays with the enjoyment driver set. tried with SLA or not, tried tweaking every imaginable SLSO setting, and i cant get anything to display based on Enjoyment triggers. the 0 in the MCM just suggested to me a possible cause.

Here is the script in question, I modified this version to add back in the console debug spam and tested it again just now, seems to be working fine on my end.  Please drop this in your scripts folder, start up a scene and move through a couple stages, then check the console for the log.  If everything is working correctly you should see information from this script as to what enjoyment values SL is giving it.  Please let me know how that turns out, if it's still not working it should at least point me in a direction.

zao_polling_ench_script.pex

Hey @iamzip I finally got around to start a new load order and a new save, so I updated from 0.2 to 0.3 and I'm now having some problems.
I'm using two drivers based on Arousal and two drivers based on Health (one only combat and one only out of combat). None of these are updating during gameplay, they only update if I either open the Active Overlay MCM or if I save and reload. Any idea what might be wrong?
I'm using MO btw.

10 hours ago, Fulanoo said:

None of these are updating during gameplay, they only update if I either open the Active Overlay MCM or if I save and reload. Any idea what might be wrong?
I'm using MO btw.

From some people having issues like this on nexus, it sounds like the spells aren't being added, it's just the maintenance "update all" function that triggers on load or exiting the MCM that's doing anything. For some reason some people's game wants decimal vs hex for the form for the spells.

I'm not sure exactly how it works with MO, but I'd suggest deleting the zao_cfg.json file, then either start your new game or use the reset button in the MCM, this will trigger the oninit functions that will generate a new cfg file, which lets your game pick between hex or decimal.  Let me know if this fixes things.

4 hours ago, iamzip said:

From some people having issues like this on nexus, it sounds like the spells aren't being added, it's just the maintenance "update all" function that triggers on load or exiting the MCM that's doing anything. For some reason some people's game wants decimal vs hex for the form for the spells.

I'm not sure exactly how it works with MO, but I'd suggest deleting the zao_cfg.json file, then either start your new game or use the reset button in the MCM, this will trigger the oninit functions that will generate a new cfg file, which lets your game pick between hex or decimal.  Let me know if this fixes things.

I tried deleting zao_cfg.json, as soon as I load the save, the game creates a new zao_cfg.json with only the following content:

Spoiler

{
    "stringList" :
    {
        "animcastlhlist" : [ "helixlh1" ],
        "animcastrhlist" : [ "helixrh1" ],
        "animlooplist" : [ "Dots1", "dots2" ],
        "driverlistfull" : [ "Arousal" ],
        "pulselistfull" : [ "OnAnimCastLH", "OnAnimCastRH", "OnAnimLoopPulse", "OnAnimLoopDriver" ]
    }
}

I press the reset button and then when I try to reconfigure each slot, most of the options are no longer there.
Btw, the get current color as minimum, as maximum or as glow is also not working.

Edit: I tried using "help zao" but console only listed the mgef, not the spells. So I opened Xedit and searched for the spells' IDs and added them using player.addspell on console. Now it looks like things are working properly.
Should I add all the spells or just the ones I'm using right now (zao_OnHealthSpell and zao_OnArousedSpell)?

9 hours ago, Fulanoo said:

I tried deleting zao_cfg.json, as soon as I load the save, the game creates a new zao_cfg.json with only the following content:

Reveal hidden contents

{
    "stringList" :
    {
        "animcastlhlist" : [ "helixlh1" ],
        "animcastrhlist" : [ "helixrh1" ],
        "animlooplist" : [ "Dots1", "dots2" ],
        "driverlistfull" : [ "Arousal" ],
        "pulselistfull" : [ "OnAnimCastLH", "OnAnimCastRH", "OnAnimLoopPulse", "OnAnimLoopDriver" ]
    }
}

I press the reset button and then when I try to reconfigure each slot, most of the options are no longer there.
Btw, the get current color as minimum, as maximum or as glow is also not working.

Ok, turn off the mod in the MCM, then save the game. Then delete the cfg, load in and reset, then exit the MCM. after that turn the mod back on and try things out. There's a check to see if the cfg file exists before creating a fresh one and it sounds like the filter on exiting the MCM is creating one.

Edit: scratch all that, delete the cfg file, start a new game, save then exit. That should generate a new cfg that all saves will use.

On 4/8/2021 at 2:59 PM, iamzip said:

Ok, turn off the mod in the MCM, then save the game. Then delete the cfg, load in and reset, then exit the MCM. after that turn the mod back on and try things out. There's a check to see if the cfg file exists before creating a fresh one and it sounds like the filter on exiting the MCM is creating one.

I tried deleting the cfg, loading the save and resetting the mod (after having added both arousal and

health spells through console) and that seemed to fix it. I tried adding one slot with an stamina driver and it worked out.
The get color as min/max/pulse is still hit or miss but I can always set the color using Active Overlay's own MCM.
Thanks for the help.

ok, i think i found out my problem. i believe it is the fact that going from 0.2 to 0.3 required the new papyrus util, and the new papyrus util requires the new SKSE, which i do not have. so i guess until papyrus util gets a version-agnostic update, ill have to stick with 0.2 =/

10 hours ago, AnzoCaio said:

For some reason all of my pulse overlays don't work, after upgrading to 3.0. Has anyone experienced this so far?

This does come up sometimes depending on the pulses. First, do you for sure have papyrus utilities 3.3 (or better for SE)? This mod is now heavily dependent on that one.

Next thing to try:

1) delete the zao_cfg.json file that came with the mod.

2) start a new game.

3) load your save game, enter then exit this mod's MCM.

That will force the generation of a new cfg file, which has fixed this issue for some people.

1 hour ago, iamzip said:

This does come up sometimes depending on the pulses. First, do you for sure have papyrus utilities 3.3 (or better for SE)? This mod is now heavily dependent on that one.

Next thing to try:

1) delete the zao_cfg.json file that came with the mod.

2) start a new game.

3) load your save game, enter then exit this mod's MCM.

That will force the generation of a new cfg file, which has fixed this issue for some people.

Okay yeah that fixed it thanks alot

• 2 months later...

Ive been using this mod for quite a while, awesome stuff.

Got a question regarding drivers. How often/on what events is armor check supposed to roll? External driver (SLA) seem to be checked quite often, while armor/m.resist driver doesnt seem to update unless on game load/MCM closure.

On 7/15/2021 at 1:27 AM, nilead said:

How often/on what events is armor check supposed to roll?

The way this one is set up it uses global variable checks against armor or magic resistance, depending on which you have selected and which is changing.  The script controlling it should fire each time the armor or magic resistance changes based on the game detecting the difference between the global variable and the actor value.  The global variables get updated with the new value each time the script fires.  Kind of a long way of saying it's sort of event driven.

I did note an error in the esp file when I went to double check the settings, it appears the check for the magic resistance was set up wrong and could cause it to continuously fire, I'll add that to my list of bug fixes for the next iteration.

Edited by iamzip
10 hours ago, Suzutsuki said:

About pulse on orgasm, sslActorAlias.DoOrgasm() sends ModEvent "SexLabOrgasm", but this mod doesn't handle it.
I made a patch to fix this.

Neat, I didn't even know about this event, does it get triggered when other mods like DD trigger orgasm? I've been catching only the onorgasmstart events from sexlab and slso, which don't get triggered by non-scene events. I'll take a look, mind if I include some or all of your patch in my next version?

• 1 month later...
On 8/28/2021 at 4:01 PM, xyzfs said:

Hello there. It happened to me that the color updates were not smooth. Any clue on that?

This can happen for a couple reasons. If your frame rate drops too low, I'm not sure what the cutoff is, the script latency can cause this. Alternately if you run too many slots with the same driver, in my test rig I've gone up to 8 or so without noticeable slowing.  I'm not sure if either of these situations are applicable to you, could you give me more info?

On 8/30/2021 at 5:48 AM, iamzip said:

This can happen for a couple reasons. If your frame rate drops too low, I'm not sure what the cutoff is, the script latency can cause this. Alternately if you run too many slots with the same driver, in my test rig I've gone up to 8 or so without noticeable slowing.  I'm not sure if either of these situations are applicable to you, could you give me more info?

It seems none of the cases. Let me give you some context:

I was testing/setting up the mod in the alternate start cell.

Many other mods active

I had some other overlays but I think less than 8 anyway

Was using Community Overlays, in particular the Lotus set

Setting both the "body" overlay (which spans over a lot of the body, arms, and legs) and the "spine" overlay (which just covers the back, both on combat pulse, then making them pulse, what happens is that the body pulse has clearly distinct stages (you can clearly see color changes). At the same time, the spine one pulses smoothly.

This had me exclude an FPS issue (but I may be wrong, didn't actually monitor FSP, anyway also my rig is quite good so I think that's hardly the case).

Notice that these overlays have 4K textures.

ALMAST FORGOT: thank you very much for your time, help, and mod!

5 hours ago, xyzfs said:

both on combat pulse, then making them pulse, what happens is that the body pulse has clearly distinct stages (you can clearly see color changes). At the same time, the spine one pulses smoothly.

That's interesting, they're both "body" slots and both running on the same script, so this is really odd behavior, typically if you overload one script with slots then all behave the same way. Could you give a little more info, like drivers for both, any options and slot numbers? 

17 hours ago, losttoho said:

If pluse and driiver are used in the same slot, which condition has priority?

I'd like to use OnSex pluse and Arousal driver to control the color of normal and sex.

That combo should work as you're imagining. The pulse is a conditional temporary override, basically, whereas the driver defines the base color condition.

8 hours ago, iamzip said:

That combo should work as you're imagining. The pulse is a conditional temporary override, basically, whereas the driver defines the base color condition.

Thanks for the answer.

I'm using LewdMarks to set this up, but I can't get it to work.

I have set the color for Arousal driver min to 0.0, the color for Arousal driver max to 0.5, and the color for pluse to 1.0, but the color for pluse is not reflected when I start sex.

The Arousal 0-100 setting is enabled, and changes in the number are reflected in the color, but the color seems to be retained even when sex starts.
Is there something wrong with the setting?